Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan Jones

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Sharpie61, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

IMDB now has Lennie James - Morgan, listed in EPs 15 and 16.

2. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

IMDB can be off on info, but that sounds about right. Gimple said Morgan would return, and I imagine it wouldn't be at the start, but more towards the end of the season. I love Morgan, looking forward to him being in more episodes.

3. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Yeah I saw that..... If you sign up for IMDB-Pro, you can set it up for e-mail and SMS updates/alerts for your fav shows. Also, the info on the Pro version is typically much more accurate.

4. Sharpie61

I know, but I do check on it every so often, as they do eventually get it right.
    I posted this because on Sunday, his name was not listed.

5. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

Can't wait for his return. Great actor and great character. Hope he becomes full time in season 5.

6. MorganJones93

MorganJones93 Member

A little disappointed that he's not listed for an appearance sooner, but I can't complain. I suppose it makes sense though, as the group still needs to find each other and re-build.
    A terrific character and actor. Very eagerly will I be awaiting his return.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Imbd means nothing. It had Morgan listed to return last season finale lol. That said he is confirmed to return and I am excited.

8. MKnight

MKnight Member

I like the character, but I don't see all the love for Morgan or Lennie. Maybe it's just because he (and the rest of the cast) sucked so hard on Jericho, but I can take him or leave him. I thought his character in the comics was kinda forced and I thought Clear was the most overrated episode (by far) of the series according to the people on this forum. Not trying to start an argument, but wondering what the big deal is. I can't see him bringing much to the group as far as contributing and helping survive the outbreak.

9. MorganJones93

MorganJones93 Member

For me (and I'm sure others), it's the fact that Morgan saved Rick's life and helped him out so much in the beginning. They really do a good job in making you feel for Morgan's character. He's depicted as a hard, maybe badass, character when he threatens Rick at the beginning to say something or else he'll shoot him. Subsequently, Rick faints but Morgan doesn't hold true to his word, but instead saves Rick and supports him.

Then, they really develop Morgan's character more with the scene where he is battling with himself to shoot his wife. I just immediately loved his character. He's a genuinely good guy who you feel for.

Then, Rick goes on and finds his family, blah, blah. All because Morgan saved him and gave him that chance. And I know, the whole life-saving thing happens practically every episode but this was one of the first.

With Clear, I was just incredibly pumped for his return and that's why I liked the episode so much. If you're not a fan of Morgan then it would be understandable to not be a big fan of Clear. But in Clear, there's also some nice bonding between Michonne and Carl and I thought this was important not to mention fun to watch.

Basically, he saved Rick's life and was a good friend to him. And for me, the show just makes you feel bad for his character (loss of his wife and later his son). I think if Morgan can successfully "clear" then without a doubt he can be a key contributor to the group in plenty of ways.

#9 MorganJones93, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  10. Sharpie61

His return at the end, could be an indication that he goes to

11. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

my thoughts exactly
    but definitely psyched for Morgan's return!

12. MKnight

MKnight Member

MorganJones93, I agree with almost everything you said: Morgan was my favorite character in the Pilot, and in that episode I also liked the struggle with shooting his wife, I was psyched for Morgan's return as well, and most especially I really liked the bonding moment between Michonne and Carl in Clear. Thanks for your thoughts.

The thing I am saying though is that Morgan had changed so much between episodes that he is unlikable and certainly not trustworthy. I am not hating, but to read so many people go on and on about Clear in this forum (most because of Lennie James) I just don't get. When I first saw the episode I was so glad to have Morgan back I overlooked the acting and meanness of his character at the time. But after re-watching the episode recently, I caught myself giggling because it reminded my of Tropic Thunder, only change "never go full retard" to full crazy. I just thought he (and the writers) took it too far to be believable that he could rejoin the group in the future. If Rick couldn't trust Carol enough to be in the group, how in the hell is he going to trust a dude in that condition?

13. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I never cared for him in the comic, but thought he was awesome in the couple episodes he's been in. I really like the dynamic between him and Rick. Admittedly, the unexplainable recovery of the picture by Michonne seemed a little over the top in Clear, but no more so the Tyreese surviving that heard earlier this season. But the Rick and Morgan parts were awesome writing and acting. And the bonding of Carl and Michonne was great. But I don't think Morgan's level of crazy is worse than Carol's. he hasn't killed any people yet, as far as we know, just walkers. I think his interaction with Carl at the end of Clear illustrated his potential to become a trusted member of the group. I'm hoping Rick, Carl, and Michonne join up with him before reuniting with the rest of the group. The four of them would make a cool little crew. And, trying to reason with Morgan could lead to Michonne revealing her past ( shared experience of losing a child).

14. shakey

shakey Member

I don't really get your take, but that's cool, each his own ya know...

But it seems to me that if rick can "Come back" it stands to reason that Morgan will at some point.

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

I saw him and really his was a superb performance. If you look real closely at the cannibal carnage his rib cage sticks out more prominently than the others:Grin:

16. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Lennie James and Andrew Lincoln are both Englishmen and both great actors.
    I liked Lennie so much that I watched AMC's Low Winter Sun and I liked it, but I must have been the only person on the planet that did, because it only lasted for 1 season.
    I've seen Lennie James in many movies, this guy can act, In Low Winter Sun he played a really unlikable corrupt cop very convincingly, I mean you really hated the character he played.
    I've read L. James will return on TWD but only in an episode or two, so I look forward to his return.

17. Cody V

Cody V Member

I hope Morgan shows up during the Hunters standoff, but the marking on the tree and the overgrowth around the No Sanctuary sign make me think he is at least a few months behind Rick's group and that Rick's group will have already dispatched the Hunters/Termites by the time he gets there. Either way, I'm excited that he's back in some form. Kuddos to the TWD brain trust for keeping him under wraps and out of range of sighting spoilers. Even with all of the greatness of the Season 5 premiere, Morgan's post credits scene was the highlight for me because I was not expecting that AT ALL.

18. HiyaBats

HiyaBats New Member

I think Morgan would make a great addition to the group. He fixed up the area he was living in very well and showed he knows how to take care of himself. Plus Rick really needs someone to vent to that isn't looking up at him like a God. He needs Morgan there to keep him level headed and grounded. Rick would have risked the whole group if Carol hadn't shown up when she did. I understand his thinking, don't get me wrong. I would want to kill them all also, but you have a group to think of. Escape should be the priority not revenge. I personally hope to see more of Morgan and see his character fleshed out even more.

19. Sharpie61

20. Dead man walking

He was in the end of one episode (briefly) as it ended, in the woods. I am in Estonia though perhaps it was different or I imagined it.
    as much as it will be interesting I find it hard to believe that:

1. He suddenly turned sane after losing the plot, how is that possible? Perhaps he found some meds..
    2. That miraculously he will come across the group, like winning the lottery in 5 nations at once..