Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan & Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by MorganJones, Mar 6, 2013.

1. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

I`ve never felt emotion since "Days Gone By" when Morgan tried to put down his wife. But this scene just set my emotions to a whole different level. This scene has to be one of the most strongest moments in TWD so far. Especially when the soundtrack "The Mercy of the Living" started to play when Morgan started to talk about what had happened to Duane. When Morgan confronted Rick about the radio and screamed "AND YOU WERE NOT THERE" was the most touching part to me. This has to be the best scene of the series thus far

[video=youtube_share;Nr6iGmgmzgs]http://youtu.be/Nr6iGmgmzgs[/video]

2. 4nomads

4nomads Member

It was a powerful scene with brilliant acting. It really shook Rick and brought him back to reality however Morgan was wrong.
    Everyone was dying. Rick had no reason to believe Morgan was alive when there was no communication from him. Morgan can't blame Rick for not doing something he wasn't willing to do himself.

3. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I have been scared on the walking dead (that few moments when Rick was walking through that dark stairwell while leaving the hospital) Angry (The Rick/Shane friendship erosion) Exasperated (every scene with Andrea) delighted (watching Carl grow up/Little Asskicker being named Little Asskicker) but through all of it, the Sophia stuff, the Lori stuff, this was the first time it ever came close to making me cry.

4. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Morgan really wasnt blaming Rick for the death of Duane. Rick had told him he`ll be on the radio everyday at dawn. When Morgan stated that he hadnt "worked up to it yet" im guessing Rick had left by the time he did.

5. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

It left my eyes with tears. Especially when i saw on the wall that Duane turned and how he explained how it happened

6. 4nomads

4nomads Member

I wasn't saying Morgan blamed Rick for Duane, just for not communicating.

7. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

Oh then yeah i agree. It wasn't Rick`s fault for not communicating. The guy tried and even told Morgan where he was going just in case. But Morgan lost Duane and put down his wife. Inside the mans suffering.

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Just his guilt was excruciating. That and his loss of hope. That is what really kills them in this situation.

9. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

It got to me to see a guy like Morgan from the beginning turn into what he is now, alone and weak. The poor guy finally put down his wife and lost his son. Morgan is living while dead inside.

10. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

yup...chills man

Lennie James brought it in this episode

11. Dark Meat

Dark Meat Member

Thats why I love this show..it runs the gamut of emotions

12. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Definitely the best acting I've seen, Lennie James is brilliant.

13. ShanesGhost

ShanesGhost Member

That awesome moment you find out Lennie James is British and has a heavy accent but can play off this Morgan character to a tee.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

He is. He also brings out the very best in Andrew Lincoln. Their scenes together are incredible. There is just good onscreen chemistry between those two and if Lennie James does come onboard fulltime at some point this already amazing show will hit even greater heights.

15. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Yeah it was great, especially having two crazy characters in a room and they way Andy Lincoln was like "YOU CRAZY SON OF A B/TCH!", was classic.

16. ZombieHunterTx

ZombieHunterTx New Member

From a purely acting standpoint, this was by far the the best episode of the season; perhaps the series. Lennie James is an Oscar caliber actor and he brings out the best in whomever he is on camera with. If this episode is not nominated for some awards this year there is no justice.

The producers will be making a huge mistake, if they do not utilize Lennis James' talent and bring him into the fold. His participation would only make The Walking Dead even better.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think the problem is the producers though but Lennie's schedule. He's been doing a lot of projects since Season 1. Hopefully they will be able to bring him back at some point for a full, or even partial, season.

18. MorganJones

MorganJones Member

It was great to see him again since "Days Gone by". He was great then and even better now.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

I hope they can some how get Lennie in to the full cast. His character is WAY to cool and he is a PHENOMENAL actor. I would go as far as to say if he had a spin off, I would watch the s*** out of that.

20. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

You nailed it. James is hauntingly brilliant and beyond Oscar worthy should he ever go that direction. He's one of those freaks of acting nature that makes you forget you're watching an actor because he becomes that person completely. Even his fleeting micro expressions indicate how deeply he's feeling his range of emotions... that part is practically impossible to fake. Because of this, there are very few actors in the world whose facial muscles are completely congruent (in movement) with the emotions they need to portray. Lennie is truly a master and everyone oughta know it.