Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mother of the Bride

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Pillar of Salt' started by Znuts, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Znuts

Znuts Member

Why did no one kill or exile the mother of the bride after she stabbed Strand in cold blood? Maddie made up the exile rule just after it happened, but nobody seemed to want to do anything about the lady who just stabbed someone in their own group.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Just keeping her "locked up" definitely doesn't seem very productive. Also.....obviously some time has passed since Victor put her daughter down.....what the hell has she been doing this whole time before the stabbing?

3. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Well, at the very least the groom is still in the hotel, so I'm not sure exiling his mother-in-law is the best way to get the two groups to get along.

4. Poppy

Poppy Member

Was she at the dinner party when strand went up to talk to the groom?

I didn't realize that Strand was the target of her anger. I thought she stabbed the first person who opened the door thinking that it would be Elena, and goofed, and then just blamed everyone for the death of her daughter... just lashing out. After-all it was her husband who killed her daughter by biting her face off.

Now I see, that she didn't consider her daughter dead, even as a walker. And she knew that it was Strand who put her walker daughter down.

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

I agree... keeping a watch on her day and night is a waste of resources, but what are the options?
    Keeping her around, and alive will set the scene for more drama, and after all... isn't this show a drama?

Strand didn't die, nor is he likely to.
    BTW.. isn't he the best actor of the group?

6. PepperAnn

I seriously doubt she was at the party. I think she was grieving in a room just like the groom was.

Speaking of stabbing the first person she saw....she definitely had her sights on Strand. She said "you took my daughter from me". But she sure was quick to stab without knowing for sure if he was the one that was going to open the door. lol

She's delusional and she needs to die horribly. I feel really bad about saying that about a grieving mother but I'm not changing my mind. lol

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Madison was balancing the safety of keeping her locked up with the stability of the relations between her group and Oscar's group. She knew exile would be better, but she didn't want to risk a war between the two groups by demanding her death or exile. By setting the rule now, for future offenders, both sides can agree to it beforehand so there will less likely be conflict if something arises. But yes, ideally, the better option would be exile.

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

I'm watching it "on demand" and just saw the scene where she stabbed Strand.

It happened so quickly that I am not sure that she knew it was him. But as soon as she stabbed him, she stepped back, shocked, and stammered and blamed him for taking her daughter from her. Then she shuddered and dropped the knife.

So at least at this point, she is not a murdering psychopath. Maybe in a short time, she can come to gripes with the issues.

9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Ilene is losing her mind and I think locking her up was the best option for the sake of peace between both groups as they try to live together as one. Seemed like they're doing well so far based on their farm and fortifications and supply runs. I think exiling a grieving mother wouldn't work well but idk if she will be able to adapt and change. I see her as walker bait to be honest, probably when the hotel gets overrun or something. Maybe she eventually commits suicide feeling so lost in the new world. Then she eats some redshirts at the hotel or like bites Andres or Hector (I see either one of them biting the dust soon too)

10. PepperAnn

Yeah I see no redemption or rehabilitation for her. She is set to die by season end I am sure of it.

11. Poppy

Poppy Member

LOL.. Red-shirts is that a Star Trek ism? funny.