Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

MW3 going away ?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by MERCURYSB3, May 6, 2013.

1. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

took a break from Blackops2 and went back to MW3 last night went into lobby and picked "groundwar" and at the top of the screen it said "no potential games found" this happen about 4 times. now i know that the basketball play offs are on and i went on line about 8pm chicago time.went into other games Domination and Dropzone and was in small lobbys.is this one of those "
    things" or is the amount of MW3 players starting to drop off. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I would have to say its a combination of both. I will be awhile before people completely stop playing MW3. People are still playing COD4 which was like 4 years older.

3. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Shouldn't be that much less of a drop than before. What are the numbers on the Xbox? It took a while before I saw it go under 100K (at least fives months after the release of BO2) users. Now it sits at 90K.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

I tried going back to MW3, because honestly I had so much more fun playing that game but the textures just feel so odd after getting used to BO2, its annoying. And yeah...I have such a hard time finding games.

5. deebo

deebo Member

when I tried going on the other day, the only playlist with enough people to match make was tdm. There were like 3.5k in tdm and a few hundred in all the others on xbox

6. PSIII

Staff Member

You sure you're not talking about the Steam version?

7. Undercase

Undercase Well-Known Member

I play mw3 on occasion and it runs fine for me, except for the fact I ran into a full clan of blind eye pro assassin pro sitrep pro silenced acr campers. Also accidentally deleted one of my 3 ever moab gameplays thinking it was a striker gameplay while clearing up space. Was looking forward to uploading that video when I decide to make a channel in the future.

8. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

you know someone here would mention other COD games never thought that they were still on line .so if i pick up an older COD game i still can go on line ?

i have to tell you that playing last night was great no lag of any kind and got in to a couple of lobbys with just sniper clan and it was just good fun.
    what was also cool was almost forgot about the "heavy metal "guitar when you rank up and the "close to victory" song that plays. and one thing that surprized me was how loud the weapon sound is. i run L86 and have six channel suround sound and that L86 sound just filled the room.my favorite game of MW3 is Dropzone no campers no hiding just a knock down battles and for us low K guys we get a chance at the really good Killstreak weapons. :usa2: :amen::)

9. PSIII

Staff Member

CoD4 is pretty shaky. People are on, but you can run into a lot of modded lobbies or cheaters. WaW is at the bottom of playability on Xbox from what I hear. MW2 is a decent bet on Xbox. Any game after those will still have people on them.

10. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

CoD 1,2,3 would be worse, but you probably weren't figuring those into the mix. : )

11. OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Well-Known Member

Ground war has always had lower numbers.

Play TDM and you would get a game.

12. kzarofbacon

kzarofbacon Member

I tried BOps about 2 weeks ago and there were only 11k online.

13. wby shooter

wby shooter Member

I play blops almost every day. Afternoons, and evenings I see 25 to 45k.
    Early mornings it's usually 8 to 10k.

14. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

Doesn't surprise me. MW3 sucks. There was a point last year that more people were on Bops 1 than MW3, that says a lot.

15. Sleep Affect

Sleep Affect Member

Once you play black op 2 and then go back to mw3 you can see the graphics in mw3 arn't that great, and it just feels like an old game, COD4 on the other hand i have never played but those players whom do play are most likely playing because of the nostalgia or it was the first game the ever bought of COD

16. ErmYourDead

ErmYourDead Member

I find matches easy on MW3, so idk.

17. deleted

deleted Well-Known Member

Anybody that says it can't matchmake with a few hundred are silly. Today I got into a co-operative campaign mode on WAW, where there was only 20+ in the section.

18. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

That's because the MW series fans traded in their MW3 for Mw2.....

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOOSTkv87

BOOSTkv87 Member

Anyone else getting some "rubber-banding" issues with MW3? Tried playing it this morning and every 1-2 mins the game would flinch and I would rubber band around the map. Never had this issue before with MW3 and never had it with BO2.

20. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

I've sold BO:2...

Back to MW3...and surprisingly IM LOVIN IT!