Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My 2 seconds of fame!

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Daniel Day, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

So some of y'all know that I was an extra back in May and many have asked to let you know what episode I was in. I had to sign a No Disclosure statement so I couldn't reveal anything until after the episode had aired. They told me they were filming episode 303 but I guess they either changed it or they were mistaken because I was in tonight's episode. I was an executed prisoner in the scene where Rick tells Axel "we're locking down the cell block, from now on this part of the prison is yours....consider yourself the lucky ones".
    [​IMG]

I was also a walker in the scene when Rick locks the prisoner outside with all the zombies. Unfortunately, you can't really see my face that well in either scene.
    [​IMG]

BTW, I got to meet most of the cast and they were all very friendly but IronE(T-Dog) and Lew Temple(Axel) went out of their way to shake all of our hands(extras) and thanked each one of us for coming out. It really made an impression on me and made me that much more of a fan of those guys.

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I remember when you said you were an extra. I was hoping you actually had a huge walker moment. But anyways, it'a awesome you got be one!

3. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

Cool, man! Good job!

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Wow Daniel. Cool. And might I say really good acting ... you know...laying there like that:Grin: What a BLAST! Good for you.

5. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Awesome. And the two walkers that you played did actually stand out for me. I was just waiting for you to come at Rick. :)

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Shut the front door! Wow man totally awesome!

7. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

I know, its a good thing I took all those drama classes! Lol. But in all seriousness, it actually was quite hard to lay in that position and not move, breath heavy, etc. Our arms were zip-tied behind our backs which is very uncomfortable and actually makes it kinda hard to breath while also putting a strain on your shoulders. And to top it all off we were laying in fresh fake blood and brains too! They did multiple takes and multiple camera positions so we were laying there for quite a while. When I finally got up, the brains and blood were stuck to my face and the floor and did that stringy, gooey thing like a piece of melted cheese...it was pretty gross looking! It was a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

gratz man, hope it leads to bigger and better things.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Ewwwwweeeee!!! and at the same time COOOOLLLLL I can't wait to tell all the people at work tomorrow that I know you from my forum! *geeking out*

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Jealous!!!

11. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah I am super jealous! So are you in the credits? Man I feel like we should make you king or something for that lol. New title "TWD Extra" lol.

12. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Lol, no need for all that, I am still just a nobody that got lucky and got to be an extra. And no, extras usually aren't in the credits unless you have a speaking role.

BTW, he doesn't want me to say his name(yet) but there is another member that also got to be an extra in a later episode(s) so I am not the only "special" one on the forum, lol.

13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I am having some trouble thinking they'd use live people for the purpose of dropping "executed" bodies on the floor of a prison, seems like it would make more sense to use dummies but seeing how some other things in the show don't make a whole lot of sense either I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take your word for it, oh and kudos.

14. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

Did they tell you why you were "executed"?

Also - its hard to see - were you a zombie in the execution scene, or just a decaying body?

#14 The Great Zombini, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Buzzkill.....

16. Ry_Roamer

Ry_Roamer Member

I was gonna ask you what episode you were in, but here it is. Congrats D! Oh, and you got some Andrew in your teeth.

17. victoriamsec

victoriamsec New Member

That's awesome!!!! I wish I could do that. It must have been a great experience. That's definitely not something you'll ever forget!

18. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Funny you should mention that because I had the same thoughts and questions. I asked one of the crew members why wouldn't they just use mannequins for that scene and not have to pay all those extras? He said sometimes they do but since the camera was specifically focusing on the corpses, they wanted real bodies laying there so it wouldn't look fake.

They did not tell us why we were executed but we were definitely human corpses and not zombies. (And they told us we were supposed to have been dead for either 8 or 10 months, I can't remember now) They were very specific on that because our make up(even you really can't tell in the show) had to be different than that of a zombie. I had different make up on for the outside shot

19. Fakejb

Fakejb New Member

That is great! I'm soo jealous because I've been trying since the show was first announced to be a zombie extra! I've only been lucky enough to get an extra roll on the show Deadwood a few years ago. One day ill get lucky.

20. loco

loco Member

If you were dead for 8-10 months wouldn't you be a skeleton by that time? Sorry for thinking too realistic but... u know...:zombies_lol: