Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan Is A Necessary Evil

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Carl was still a kiddo. I was more idealistic then, too. Carl is just wrong.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

What I want to know is how a man like Negan could ever be rehabilitated? How can someone who's basically been an absolute monarch in his community to the point where his people have to fall to their knees when he enters their presence, ever, just become one of guys following the directions of others?

It's his whole identity and he's stripped his people of their own with their "we" are Negan rhetoric. Why would our group want to keep him in a jail cell? Why not just keep a poisonous viper in your house. You never know when he'll strike in an attempt to regain his former glory. Unless you keep him in solitary 24/7 you never know how he might influence anyone who came into contact with him. I wouldn't want to take the chance. Look how he managed to talk Jadis out of killing him and then letting him go. Not a good idea.

3. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Look, I get it. You think Negan is some kind of awesome, great guy that he is the only hope for survival for everyone, if they would only accept that they are all his slaves and live only as long as he permits it.

OH, and they have to meekly accept periodic torture when he's bored or feels offended.

Yeah, sounds like paradise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Oh well... you tried to make your case until you ran out of points. Good job good effort.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Nah, there just comes a time when it is not worth it to keep arguing with someone who finds heroism and psychotic behavior to be the very same thing.

6. Franco

Franco New Member

7. Franco

Franco New Member

I agree Negan is needed because stories are usually made great by the villain even though everyone is focused on the hero.

But I dont agree that Negan is that good of a villain. To me, he is not that tough as a villain, nor is he believable and is not a character that makes me want to know more about him. He is not complex and just a typical villain where writers don't have much imagination. The writers are resorting to just making him cute and brutal and creative how he kills or controls people, but not great writing.

Things that I think are ridiculous
    He never fights until the one scene with Simon. That is not Negan's typical behavior
    He wears a leather jacket, really? He is like a professional wrestling character
    He tries to be cute with his comments. I am sick of his leaned back stance....who came up with that?
    Negan is all about his image. Looking cool, looking tough, looking macho, looking handsome, sounding cool, etc...so typical to get ratings

Personally the Governor was a much more creative villain and had me wondering what happened to the SOB to make him that way. He was secretly trying to hide his evil side, where Negan tries to boast of it. Governor did not do things for the show. Remember when Merle said to the Governor "I aint going to beg!"....the governor said no, and shot him. Negan would have given us a 20 minute dialog of how he will beg, how its time to get you shit pants on and how it will be eazy peazy lemon squeezey or how he has big balls or something cool. Governor was just like, your words have no impact on my actions. I was going to kill you anyway and I have other things to attend to. Governor in secret kept his daughter on a chain and in secret he kept heads of biters and he tortured in private and would kill anyone if they got in his way. He didn't kill like the Joker trys to kill batman or how Negan dreams up his killings for show. Governor just did it. Governor spent a lot of energy to make people think he was good, Negan spends a lot energy to make people think he is cool and bad.

#27 Franco, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

And that is why they are two different characters with different personalities just like every other character on the show but they are more similar than you think.

The Governor and Negan both did diabolical things, in fact you could say Negan is more "fair" than the Govenor. Negan gave his right hand man Simon a fair shot at being the leader IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, the Governor killed his former right hand man Caesar in private on top of the trailer by sneak attack.

The Governor killed Milton behind closed doors while Negan killed Dr. Carson for all to see. The Governor is the worse kind because he covers up his evilness in secrecy whereas you know whee you stand and what to get from Negan.