Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New Issue June 29th

Discussion in 'Volume 15: We Find Ourselves' started by Jakobi, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

2. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

Do yourself a favor and read the comics. You won't be 'spoiling' anything, because the TV show story is already significantly different from the comics. The two are different enough that even though I've read all the comics, I still don't know what is going to happen on the show in the future. I have some basic IDEAS of where the plot is headed - like I knew they were going to find Herschel's Farm soon before it was announced that it was going to happen. I know where they'll probably head after the farm, and I know who is going to bang who, and I know some of the new characters we'll meet along the way. But I have no idea where Merle is, or what Shane is going to do, or what the CDC guy said, or what happens to the Vatos and the nursing home...

I don't know this stuff because in the comic books, there is no Merle, no CDC, no Vatos, no nursing home, no Daryl, and Shane should already have died in season 1. In the comics, Lori and Shane only banged once, on the road as they headed to Atlanta (in the books, Rick is from Kentucky, so the trip to Atlanta is alot longer), and Lori regretted it immediately afterwards. In the books, Shane never said Rick was dead. In the books, Shane tries to kill Rick while they are still at the camp, but Carl (who is already carrying a gun by now) sees it and kills Shane. In the books, Morales and the other nameless camsite people who died in season 1 don't exist.

In short, you can read the entire comic series and not ruin all the surprises coming up in the show. They intentionally change the story to keep the comic fans guessing and to improve the story. Vatos is my favorite episode so far, and the only part of that episode that happened in the books was the zombie attack on the campsite.