Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick is Slick

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nick figuring out the walker-gut camouflage phenomenon so quickly...

Believable.......Or Not??? ;)

2. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

The way it happened was believable. Nick is turning out to be one of the most valuable members of the group.

3. JFAN

JFAN Member

Kind of thought it was too early in the show for anyone to figure this out yet.

4. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I think is recklessness and disregard for his own life has made him take risks that others won't, and test theories when they come to his mind because he's not as afraid of being wrong.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Me too!

I think he is just relaxed enough and trying to take in as much as he can that he is the only one watching enough to notice things like this.

That was the best shot of the show I think when it occurred to him that he was not being chased and in fact it seemed like that
    Zombie was maybe communicating with him somehow?

Then loved when Ophelia said he smelled so "Dead"!

Later on Fear the Talking Dead the Chris actor didn't seem to even know this had happened when asked by the host about it?

Nick is Slick!

6. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

At first when Nick emerged covered in blood I thought he was a new character. Then I realized it was him. Ha ha.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I guess the sequence went like this: Nick killed that half stuck walker. That walker died on Nick's body and his blood began to cover over Nick just when the other walker fell down. Nick got panic and was ready to fight that walker but that walker ignored Nick as Nick has so much walker blood on him.

This reminds me of the first predator movie where Arnold accidentally got muddy after he crawled up from the lake and he was not seen by the predator.

8. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Nick is a genius who just happens to be an addict

he is a survivor

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's how I pictured it going down too.

10. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Agreed. Nick didn't realize he was camouflaged until after he saved Alicia, which made his actions all the more noble IMO. I don't think he fully wrapped his mind around it even after he got back aboard Abigail.

11. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

That was a great scene. I thought falling in the pit was too lame to believe but agree that Nick is the most intuitive by far and most willing to take personal risks. He also contributes extensive pharmacological knowledge.

12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Sandy soil is very unstable and slippery. I would have been the one falling into the pit, so it seemed perfectly believable to me. You should see me getting through Golden Gate Park to see Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Slip, slip, slip, AAAGGHHHH, grab a tree branch, slip slip slip. Every year the same.

13. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Nick's reckless disregard for his own safety, his willingness to volunteer, and his desire to help others makes me think that he's this show's Glen.

14. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't think it was really too soon. The way that he figured it out was very believable. He unintentionally got completely covered in Walker blood and just realized that they weren't coming after him. If he'd randomly come up with the idea to to it intentionally, I'd definitely be saying otherwise, but I think this part was quite well written.

Nick is really proving himself as a very important part of this group. I haven't been keeping track of the kill counts, but Nick is definitely racking them up. He's definitely quickly become my favorite character on the show.

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree, he figured it out by accident. We saw in the first season, that he is very intelligent, when not stoned, and that he isn't afraid to take risks, so that was a great scene for him. Nick is becoming one of my favorite characters of that show

16. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

He is still trying to find drugs every chance he gets. Not finding drugs is more scary to him than walkers at this point. That's why he is so damn calm in these situations!

17. Lindigo

Now that he has the comfort of not physically needing drugs plus a new world that he is a success in, maybe he would rather stay off them. Everyone will be looking for drugs at this point to save for future need, so that doesn't particularly concern me. I don't get the sense he is looking for drugs to get high. Every day that this new rehab world keeps him clean is a day when he may be getting further away from wanting to return to his former state.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This is unfortunately not my experience at all at this stage of the process.
    He is looking for the horse every single chance he can and if he finds any he will use it,just the way to is.

19. Lindigo

Do you think he will ever be far enough out?

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have to imagine there is a lot of incentive for a practicing addict to stay as f'ed up as is possible.
    Aside from the obvious where to find a fix there is not a lot of reason to stop right now?