Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way Out, Complaints and Criticism!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Tyler, Feb 9, 2016.

1. greatdanechick

greatdanechick New Member

Some mic drop after they dominate a scene, and some grenade drop. Daryl for the win haha! It was short, sweet and straight to the point. I love Daryl time but that was hilarious and sooo Daryl.

2. tehwalkingdead

At the break in the third part (UK television), seriously, stop ****ing saving Glenn.

Jesus christ the way they keep doing this is frustrating, was really enjoying the episode up to that point.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Well, there were too many walkers to safely walk to the armory, but there were NOT too many walkers to just kill with knives and a hand axe. Go figure.

4. Morgotha

LOL, that got me too. Why didn't Maggie just move over to the nice and safe catwalk on the wall?

5. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

-Ninja assassin Daryl

-Hours to walk across Alexandria

- Lucky Glenn

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

My thoughts, for what they're worth: 1. I actually liked Carl's "Dad?" reaction. It was like something had just taken him by surprise, and he had only the time to utter that plaintive, bewildered word before losing consciousness. It reminded me of one of my worst moments in TV history: on "Buffy" when Tara gets shot and looks at Willow in confusion then says, "Your shirt." (Which had blood all over it and **** you very much, Whedon.) Then she hit the floor.

2. I don't see them pushing Morgan and Carol into a relationship, at least not a romantic one. I think they're set up as exemplars of 2 very different ways of living in this world, both of whom are acting on what they truly believe are legitimate reactions to this nightmare and the threats therein. They're also both close to Rick, and both will want to have his ear moving forward. I can't imagine them in a relationship, but I love watching their interactions b/c as @calliope mentioned, they're both such great actors.

7. Jods

Jods New Member

Lol I know. Had Carl not gotten shot though, Rick wouldn't have been in such a rage to take them all on!

8. MichonneIsMyGal

MichonneIsMyGal New Member

A Brief Reflection on Seasonal Contrast

After last night's episode, I sat in my recliner chair, rummaging through the bowl of my last few fragments of Cheez-Its, asking myself the question: "Did I like this episode?" The short answer is, yes indeed, I did. It was fast paced, provocative, and action-packed. But I also realized that I liked this episode in the same way that I liked cramming down a half a box of Cheez-Its in one sitting: they are tasty, cheesy, and satisfy my need for immediate gratification...this is how many of the episodes of TWD are for me - however, I also enjoy -- even more than Cheez-Its -- a well-aged, well-cooked, well-seasoned, high-quality steak at Cafe Masons, which is one of my favorite restaurants. In fact, I would prefer the steak over the Cheez-Its any day. But I enjoy both.

This is sorta kinda maybe my reflection on the whole of TWD. Season 1 has such an incredibly different "feel" and "texture" to it entirely when compared to the other seasons. It speaks of high budget, classy writing, ethereal backdrops, cinematic foreshadowing...in a sense every episode was like watching a well-done, mini-movie. Any episode done after Frank Darabont (sp?) was removed has a different feel to it...although I enjoy Seasons 2 - 6 immensely, it's sorta like a high budget video game, turned into a TV series...I am not dissing anyone or praising anyone -- I am simply putting words to the observation that TWD is a much different show stylistically, in Season 6, then it was in Season 1. I like both. But they are very different.

My worry is that after eating lots and lots of Cheez-Its, eventually and quickly you get sick and bloated from them and you would be happy never to see another Cheez-It again for as long as you lived...

9. calliope

calliope Active Member

I didn't mean to imply that they are trying to push them in a romantic direction at all. By relationship I mean the repetitive interactions that these two characters have had over this season. And yes, clearly they are meant to represent two sides of the coin in terms of reaction to the world that they find themselves in. Maybe they think that by putting their best actors together, they might finally garner some past due awards attention, I'm just saying it's not working for me.

Whenever I see them on screen, my reaction is 'here we go again'. Not the response I want to have when one of my favorites is on the screen. Probably not the reaction they are hoping for either. YMMV

10. voiceofreason

voiceofreason New Member

Why did they have to show a shot of the gun Carl dropped, wouldn't have been better just to show it falling from its holster, that whole scene was difficult to swallow without that disappointing piece of editing

11. Strife

Strife Member

I expected them to continue where they left off and have the axe incident happen much earlier. That and they're teasing Glenn's death too much. Good ep. though.

12. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Ah--I see what you mean. Whenever an interaction gets predictable, it's problematic. Just out of curiosity, b/c we share a respect for their acting chops, how would you like to see them used? What would you shake up with regard to their behavior and conversations?
    [MENTION=103091]MichonneIsMyGal[/MENTION]--that was a very eloquent post. Welcome to the board!

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. For two characters who are polar opposites, it's really shocking how forced the tension between them and their interactions feel.

Lennie and Melissa are both fantastic actors, but my god their scenes together are such low points.

14. radi0face

radi0face New Member

After "The Suicide King", "After", and "What's Happened and What's Going On," "No Way Out" is definitely a return to form for the midseason premieres, but I don't think it was as perfect as many fans are making out, and it was far from the show's greatest episode. I appreciated how closely the episode followed the comic storyline, but I disliked the Andersons death scene as a whole; I thought the visions Rick had of Jessie were pretty ridiculous given how little romantic interaction we've actually seen them have. I also thought that Carol's shooting of the Wolf was a little rushed and didn't deliver a satisfying conclusion to the Wolves storyline, which was intriguing. It does seem that The Walking Dead producers' idea of a good episode is to throw as many shock value scenes as they can into one offering, so much so that when the Wolf was shot by Carol, my reaction was more of an "oh, OK" than an exclamation of surprise.

15. calliope

calliope Active Member

Oh, I'm much better at pointing out flaws than I am at fixing things!

I'd start by not putting them together in small spaces and arguing about it. It's getting them nowhere and it's very dull to watch. I guess I'd have them live and talk their philosophies amongst the others and see how it plays out over some time. Maybe then the interaction will have a little more energy. Neither of them is completely wrong. I do think Morgan actually made some type of impression on the Wolf, while Carol's feels better to a lot of us watching, it definitely has its drawbacks as well.

16. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

I don't see much room for more deaths anytime soon - especially if Carl is gone. I doubt it because they wont have any kids left. Judith does not count and Enid wouldnt fill the hole. We dont need another Beth.

Everyone has favorite characters and they will not take too many similar characters away to keep you watching.

I can imagine they planned Glens death but when they tried the scene on people in a preview they decided to change it.

17. Shonen

Shonen Member

Am i the only one find it kind of strange that Rick just starred and watched as Jessie was swarmed by zombies

18. Morgotha

I was VERY disappointed in Carol shooting the Wolf, and in the Wolf getting bitten in the first place. When the Wolf was talking to Denise about taking her back to his pack, I was really looking forward to seeing her become tougher, and him to become more humanized. What were the Wolves like amongst themselves? How interesting would that be to see? Guess it wasn't to be.

19. The_Not_So_Dead

I was disappointed too when he got shot. My first thought was that it was an "easy" way out.

A pity.

20. IfDarylDiesRiot

I loved the episode and it was one of my favorites.

One question though - How many shots did Glenn fire when he was luring the walkers away from Maggie? It seemed like a ton and I didnt see him reload.