Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Odd commercial interruptions

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by mmmbert, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

So I expected to see more about this, but have only seen it hinted at in a couple of posts, so it makes me wonder if it was a directv (my provider) thing or something. Did anyone else experience it?

At least twice during the episode, the action abruptly cut to a commercial and then came back mid scene in a very discontinuous way, It felt like important action was missed to me. Once, early in the episode, it had only been back from a break for about a minute it seemed when suddenly it cut to a match.com ad and then rejoined in mid-scene it seemed without the normal TV-MA icon appearing. It did something similar later in the episode.Both times it seemed like a mistake.

I'm not talking about the times in the episode when it seemed like it skipped some action, like when suddenly Daryl was free or the children were dead without showing the actual deaths. Although I thought that was different, I could see why the focus was on what had to be done and not necessarily on the act itself. Didn't really like the direction there, but can understand it sort of. But the discontinuity there made me wonder if the earlier mentioned commercial breaks were part of it. Doesn't seem like it to me though. If they were, it was stupid.

Did anyone else experience this, did everyone, or just a few?

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Comcast here. The commercial breaks were normal for me, not disrupting a scene.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought it was a bit disjointed too. Usually The commercial breaks are so long you could take a shower and still get back before the show returns,lol but I found when I got up to do something during commercial breaks with this episode, the show would be back unusually quick and felt like I had missed something too.

4. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

3 different times there were commercial breaks in the middle of a scene and then come back into same scene but not the same place. Also happened once at the beginning of Talking Dead

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this is a cable provider problem. This has come up 2 or 3 times before in different episodes of both TWD and FTWD, and I checked my DVR and the odd commercials that people were claiming happened at certain points in the episode did not exist for me.

6. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

damn DirecTv

7. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The new thing they are doing by giving us 10 seconds of the upcoming segment during a commercial break is strange. We usually DVR the episode and start watching it around 9:30 to skip the commercials. That little clip always throws me off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Good idea but I use the commercials to high tail it out to the balcony so I can power smoke a cig. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

bad dog :p
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. PepperAnn

LMAO!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

On the subject of commercials, has anyone noticed the trailer for the Us movie ? Looks like a family who has to take on their evil doppelgangers? Freakin' creepy!! I really want to see this!

14. PepperAnn

Yeah that trailer is creepy AF!!!!!!