Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ok, last crack at trying to figure this dumpster fire out

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - You're Still Here' started by Chr1s, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Logan is an outside agent for CRM (helicopter people) like Jadis was. Only instead of trading people he has been tasked with finding a oil/gas supply. In the end that group will still be the connecting point between the series. With season 6 ending with Morgan and whomever else survives ending up meeting Rick.

Logan said "this is bigger than us" which sounds a lot like what Al's girlfriend said to her. At the end of this episode Logan says something to the effect of the tapes being the key to the promise land. Of course he could be referencing the oil fields, but he could also be talking about acceptance into the helicopter location by providing them with oil.

EDIT: Logan says "we're about to buy ourselves a ticket to the promise land" in the preview for the next episode. Not the vault scene.

I'm trying to make sense of this season, so far it's just a bunch of one-off rescue attempts. There must be some point to all of this.

#1 Chr1s, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Dnae already pointed out that the helicopter people could just look down and see the oil fields. But this idea makes sense in that I can imagine the helicopter people having the expertise to refine gasoline from the raw oil.

Good catch on Logan's comment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I just think @Sebrebc is just being REALLY optimistic. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That would be on par with the overall FTWD badtrip. What's one more over-the-top coincidence when we've already had so many? Next thing we know, Heath is the leader of the Helicopter people, and skidmark is really dog's lost cousin.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

My problem with this is that if they are after oil, why not go to another oil field. We have lots and lots of them in the US. Therefore I think it has to be something other than oil that is located at this specific field. But given the crappy & disjointed writing it wouldn't surprise me if this was the last oil field.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Or really resigned to stupid plotting, because I will not be surprised at all now if that is Logan's motivation.

This thought is hard to express, but here goes: You have to be really clever to keep up with this much stupid. o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's fair. Lol

I'm really trying to justify this entire mess. I try to look at this thing from AMC's point of view. I mean viewers are dropping off and every social media account and every article written about the show trashes everything. Read the replies to the FTWD Twitter account, almost every one is shitting all over the show. Yet there they were at comicon doubling down on the show by announcing a 6th season.

I find it hard to believe that the people paying the bills for this show are unaware of how people feel about the show. So somewhere at AMC they must have a plan on where it's all going. It must be tied to the larger story in the movies and main show, otherwise I can't imagine why they would allow this to continue.

All last season I kept saying "They must be building towards something big". Yet that never happened, so here I am again assuming that AMC isn't simply standing by and letting these two ass clowns keep puking on the screen and calling it a story without stepping in and making a change. Unless they have a bigger picture in mind.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

WWWWTF is going on in this show now! SO much weird shit that makes it feel unrealistic even for TWD!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Rick would have taken out Logan on his own, all freaking Terminus style, just from the side, BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! With an AK. Jesus. This hippie pacifism, it do not punish this gang enough.

• Funny Funny x 1