Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Opening minutes

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Is Anybody Out There?' started by Sharpie61, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I would have expected them to open with our characters in current time. I wonder why they chose to have a long reminder scene before going into the first commercial beak. I would have thought dialog on the ride back would have been enough.

I guess there's sort of a lesson here, though. Just randomly go anywhere and you will stumble over survivors to pester.

3. Sharpie61

It looks a little boring to me.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It ended up working because of the final scene with Logan. They had to show that he was having problems with that group that took the factory.

It looks like we're going to have a half season dedicated to this whole oil field thing, which isn't very exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

YAY! Can it be as boring as the crazy lady that Morgan was looking for?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lindigo

Yes, I was pleased the clip we saw wasn't the whole thing.

I don't even remember the showdown with Logan and our group. Am I supposed to know what Logan's crew is looking for?

Edit: Never mind. I read Sharpie's synopsis. I think I just shrugged off the idea of there being a method to replace gas, because Eugene never came up with a way to produce enough corn fuel, so I can't imagine what they've come up with here, unless they have diesel and diesel vehicles. But that wouldn't require manufacturing cleverness, so I'm still clueless and apathetic.

#6 Lindigo, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sounds like he is looking to make more gas

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lindigo

Yeah, maybe he has figured out a basic way to refine gasoline out of crude oil. Whoever has that ability will be a powerhouse in trading with other communities. Or maybe they can start with existing old gasoline and re-refine it.

9. Stealth

I don't think anything could get as bad as the crazy lady from 4B.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

The Fear people have all sorts of special powers, putting together crashed planes, keeping a nuclear reactor from melting down with a generator, magic balloon rides and immunity to radioactivty. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Lindigo

I keep re-reading this and re-lol-ing. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sharpie61

Fancy shooting skills, Dr. Phil wisdom, and rock climbing abilities

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just had to RE-POST these!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

No. When Morgan's group get to where its safe, they'll say gasoline hurts the environment and start building solar powered vehicles. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Probably not, she was one of the most awkward villians in the Walking Dead universe, and that says a lot. Logan seems pretty shitty but now we got an background to him even if this season been a bit to much "Disney redemption" tier for literally every f*****g character. Im still bit pissed Troy and Taqa just got tossed under a bus, Daniel ALMOST suffered this destiny too. John Proctor? He probably wins the most underused and meh villian cause he was just gone after the "soft reboot" in season 4.

I think they learned way to fast aswell. These extremely urban people are literally more effective and learned faster than Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Carol and Hershel. It is like they bought Walking Dead on Bluray in setting or some shit and saw how to survive before hand.

Speaking of knowing what happens before hand. That kid/teener in season 1 who knew everything and saw it coming. I wonder what happended to him.

EDIT:

Also a question for the evening! Will Alicia become a Disney princess if Disney buys AMC? :p

16. Lindigo

Tobias! I still want to know how Tobias is doing!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lindigo

P.S. That jumping cat gif is HILARIOUS. :D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rapscallion

That kid knew the world had gone to shit before anyone else, but he was overweight and had bad acne. Sorry, but this new world is for beautiful people only. :p

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Heh! In all honesty! I do not find a lot of the cast that extremely photogenic (is that the word?) or extremely beatiful so I think thats rude on poor kid! He would been an asset xD On the other hand he probably look pretty "bad" beside Strand, John Dorie, Alicia, June and Al who all got their charisma, charm or cute looks. :p Poor kid! We got wheelchair man and bad mouth trucker! I think he fit, overweight and acne aside!

20. Rapscallion

I'm not trying to be rude, @Marc, just saying that TWD & FTWD Universes are still Hollywood productions, and Hollywood prefers to have "photogenic" actors in the heroic roles.

I think the kid (Tobias) would've been an asset to the Clarks, but I also think he'd have been a younger version of Eugene; a resourceful character who is barely accepted or respected because of his poor social skills.

#20 Rapscallion, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019