Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ophelia

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by Daryl Rocks, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Where did she go? Did she give up? How are the walkers all of a sudden falling off the balconies?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That part had me scratching my head too. It's like they all heard something and started going in that direction....but there was.....

...wait a minute, was it the piano music that did it?

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think the walkers are falling off the balconies because they were being drawn to all the noise from Madison smashing shot glasses against the wall and Strand hammering away on that piano. From what I gathered, the windows that we saw behind Strand and Madison were facing the central courtyard of the hotel, so they heard the noise, got drawn to the balconies, and in their attempts to get closer to the source of the noise they just fell off. They may have never had any noises coming from that direction, at least not at such a volume.

As far as Ophelia is concerned, I think we were initially meant to think that the body Alicia saw flying by the window was Ophelia, but I suspect that she actually went back to that other room to kill the walker that was hanging from the shower head and ended up getting trapped in the room.

4. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I don't know about Ofelia, was wondering about that myself but as for the walkers... They've been in their rooms all this time but when Strand and Maddie started to make noise in the bar they got excited and started heading towards it...

Now, and I believe this happened once in TWD as well, so I'll say it:
    Getting drunk in a ZA is a VERY BAD idea.

#4 8307c4, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. PepperAnn

Ok you guys confirmed it. It was Strand and Madison being dumbasses that drew the walkers to the balconies. :Grin:

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Cannot tell if you are having a light bulb moment or being snarky! Oh I am so SO hoping for snarky - I adore snarky

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, yeah you could actually hear the noise Strand and Maddie were making very faintly in the background when Alicia was watching the walkers fall, and started yelling "MOM!".

8. PepperAnn

Actually I was having a blonde moment. I honestly had no clue why the walkers were all of a sudden taking dives until I worked it out in the beginning of my post. I guess typing it out made the light bulb go off and smacked me in the head with it. Derp. lol

9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yeah -- walkers being drawn to the sound & over the balconies -- would have been a great idea for clearing the rooms.

But how stupid is it that they could still walk after having their bones smashed to bits from a several story fall? Come on, FTWD, stick with "reality" (i.e. the rules of the game)-- they might not die in the fall if they didn't land on their heads, but at most, if that, they are going to be crawlers-- bags of broken bones -- not WALKERS, pounding on the doors). Now, if those walkers came from somewhere else to hear the music, that's different. But the show suggested they were balcony walkers, and I didn't see anything to suggest they came from somewhere else.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, the one largish group of walkers that was together came from the store across the street. The broke through the glass of the front door. But yes, the ones that fell that far and got up were silly. I'm sure the writers knew that, but decided to do it anyway to give us a pretty neat sight gag. But they should have just had the one walker get up, and the rest become poorly functioning crawlers or even just head-movers. At least that could have been somewhat believable as an isolated 'lucky fall'.

11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

There's no way a piano is loud enough to be heard from more than 2 or 3 stories above, especially with the glass window. Do you honestly think any residents would agree to being in those 2nd and 3rd story rooms if they could hear anything from that lobby room with the piano at all? lol, hotels are especially made to drown out noise, and supposedly these walkers from 10 stories up heard the piano. I can stretch my suspension of belief for 2-3 stories but 10 stories COME ON that's just RIDICULOUS and BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE.

#11 Spidey, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  12. PepperAnn

This is one example where I am TOTALLY fine with how unrealistic and stupid it was.....just for the gag. lol I got such a kick out of that scene.

13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

that's what I was thinking. No way they heard the piano that far up.

14. mishone

mishone Member

There is no way the walkers could hear the piano playing or the breaking of glasses especially from accross the street.

Who the hell is writing for this show, some idiot who never read the comic or watched the other tv show. Kirkman is involved, Hurd is involved so you would think they would have some idea.

Then again maybe FTWD and TWD tv and comic are not in the same universe. Although in season 1 of TWD walkers could run, climb fences, turn door knobs and drink bottled water.

15. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The story line is very pathetic lets get drunk like it's open bar at a frat party was totally stupid. However once one group zombies gets rowdy it riles up others and spreads by word of moan. It is feasible it to think one room got active and he noise spread and so on. You know two zombies each told two zombies and they tell two zombies next thing you they're spilling over the balcony.
    Also what ever town that was did a very tidy job of rounding up the dead. All the furniture was very nice nobody stole any liquor no broken windows burned out cars. Great job little Mexican town. I appreciate a well organized apocalypse.

16. PepperAnn

I had it in my mind to bold a couple of sentences and laugh at them but once I was done reading, the whole damn thing made me laugh. :zombies_lol:

17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The story line could stand to be tightened up, such as: Walkers surrounding your encampment is a great idea, but (a) if you are sending dying people into "reinforce" them, there would be hulks of bloody carcasses like at Terminus and everywhere else people have been eaten; or (b) maybe your strategy is not to reinforce the number of walkers, but to feed them and delay their decay -- a la the crazy Irish woman who was trying to feed Rick to "Headie" -- in which case, there would still be bloody carcasses and (c) if you can get through your walker gauntlet, so can ot people. If you really want to reinforce your Walker Soldiers, you need to keep the dying in the bus until they are dead, and then open the door on the walker end when they re-animate.

I realize its the summer doldrums, but seriously, this is just one example of loosey-goosey writing. FTWD could use a boost of tightening up the details of the story.

On a totally different topic, I really enjoyed Strand and Madison's interaction in the last episode. But then again, I've always liked Strand.

18. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It doesn't even have to be the piano that they heard. Close by zombies hear the piano, they groan and make noise, other zombies hear zombies, they make noise, zombies that heard the zombie that heard the piano and so on and so on.

Chain reaction, boom horde!