Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

outlander

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by fruitfulandgay, Aug 2, 2014.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

S05E07 The Ballad of Roger Mac

I waited to write this because it was rather emotional. Excellent performances by all the actors involved but Sam really shined.

We started off with Roger playing guitar and singing Clementine to Jem as he gets ready to go off to battle. Bree and Jemmy will be staying with friends of Jocasta while he's away. Kiss, kiss and he's off.

Meanwhile in the militia camp on the shores of the Alamance Creek, Jamie wakes up to his fiftieth birthday with Claire at his side. He kind of takes stock of what's still working, even little Jamie and Claire sings him a breathy rendition of Happy Birthday while engaging in some Bday nookie. I got the impression, Jamie enjoyed his gift, lol.

Later that morning the men line up and Gov. Tryon informs the troops of all the firepower he plans on leveling at the regulators, including cannon. Jamie tries to tactfully tell him that the enemy are only farmers with small guns and pitchforks but Tryon isn't moved. A last minute letter is delivered to Tryon stating the grievances of the Regulators but Tyron's answer is that they must surrender or else. In the meantime, when hearing where the troops are encamped, Bree remembers from history class that the militia will win the battle and it will be a slaughter. She rides to camp to warn her father. Naturally, he's concerned about Murtagh and the others with him. Roger volunteers to ride into their camp to deliver the bad news to Jamie's godfather who knows he's from the future and will believe what he says. Before he goes, Jamie hands out little emblems for his troops to wear so that the British soldiers will be able to tell them apart from the enemy since they wear no uniforms. Jamie gives Roger a white flag in case he gets in trouble. Under that flag no one should hurt him until Jamie can be notified and come to his aid. Jamie goes among his troops. instructing two young lads not to hesitate to fire if they want to survive the battle. And guess who makes an appearance but Isaiah Morton!!! Those Brown brothers aren't happy and start to grumble but Jamie makes an announcement that Isaiah is willing to lay down his life but if anyone is uncomfortable fighting alongside him they're welcome to leave. Nobody goes.

Roger makes it over to the regulator camp in time to see Murtagh firing up the men. When he gets Murtagh alone to tell him the bad news of the battle's outcome, Murtagh says he'll try to dissuade the men but doesn't think it will do any good as they're ready for battle. When they get the Gov's reply to surrender it's on. On the way back to the militia camp, Roger runs into Morag MacKenzie, his distant relative he met on Bonnet's ship on his way to America. After asking how she's doing he tries to warn her that if her husband is with the regulators they should leave before the fighting starts and go home. They have no home to return to she tells him. If anything happens, go to Frasers Ridge,he tells her, where she and her family will be taken care of, and he gives her a big hug. Uh, Oh. Wrong move. He hears a man yelling, "Get your hands off my wife" and Morag's husband Buck strides over and starts to make trouble. Morag and Roger both try to assure him it was innocent........they're acquainted...he helped her on the ship over......they're both MacKenzies, yada, yada, yada but he's not having it. Then his militia emblem falls out of his coat. Now remember, this Buck MacKenzie is the bastard son of Dougal MacKenzie and Gellis Duncan who was placed with another MacKenzie family after his birth and his mother's escape from the stake. Graham McTavish who played Dougal also is playing Buck which is brilliant cause why wouldn't the son look like his Da? Only he's kind of a bastard here....oh, yeah, like dad...and the last thing we see is him smashing the butt of a rifle into Roger's face.

Just before the battle the next day, Tryon makes Jamie don a British uniform and you can see it almost kills Jamie to have to put it on but he really can't refuse. As the fighting starts, sure enough the British with their professional soldiers and superior fire power gain ground. The Regulators retreat into the woods with the British in hot pursuit. Jamie has instructed his men to try and save as many of their fellow countrymen as they can. Take prisoners if at all possible. Towards the end of the battle, Jamie, while looking for his God father runs into someone he knows. Jamie tells him to stand down because he doesn't want to hurt him but the guy draws on him and who comes out of nowhere but Murtagh who knocks the guy out! As Jamie and Murtagh go to give each other a big hug, don't you know, one of those kids that Jamie earlier told not to hesitate when shooting, comes up behind his commander and fires his gun hitting Murtagh! Jamie is beside himself. As Murtagh falls on his godson, Jamie sits him down under a tree trying to stem the flow of blood from his chest wound. Why did you save me Jamie asks him, I released you from your vow. Murtagh tells him he would never betray Jamie's mother no matter who asked and then tells him not to be afraid, it does not hurt a bit to die......AND HE DOES! This was bound to happen as Murtagh was living on borrowed time since he died at Culloden in the books but they have him say what he did to Jamie on that other battle field but it still was damn sad to see him go.

Jamie is in denial. He calls for help and they drag the lifeless body to Claire's clinic. She'll save him he tells the others but Claire can't exactly bring back the dead in this case. When Jamie bids her do something she has to tell him Murtagh is gone. He stumbles from the tent and runs into Gov. Tryon. They have words and Jamie tells him his obligation to him and the crown are fulfilled and he rips that red coat off and throws it at the Gov's feet.
    He sees his daughter and she tells him there's no news of Roger. They had been searching for him before the battle with no luck and now they start looking once again. They get to a spot where they see several men hung from a tree by the Gov's orders. Jamie spots the white flag he gave Roger in the pocket of one of the hanging men and everyone looks on in disbelief as Jamie goes to lower the body. Book readers know where this is going but I won't spoil it for non readers.

There was another "death" if you will on the episode. Claire's syringe filled with her home made penicillin she was going to use to help the wounded men. One of the Browns shoot Isaiah Morton in the back during the battle and they follow him back to the clinic where they break her syringe after exchanging some 'words' with Claire.

#1021 purriwinkle, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. purriwinkle

Images from episode 7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. purriwinkle

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1023 purriwinkle, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  4. purriwinkle

And of course.....

[​IMG]

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I don't get STARZ anymore on my Comcast! I think it is a single channel subscription. I'm so irritated. I refuse to do it. I guess this is the way of the future. I was so excited because I saw there was a Sunday night binge of this entire season and I saw it was set to be recording. But, nope. NOTHING. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. purriwinkle

Oh, that's too bad. It's been a great season so far. Maybe you'll find another way to view it. I wish I had some ideas. If I discover something I'll let you know.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

It turns out Comcast has dropped Starz from the package and replaced it with Epix, which means I will be able to watch the upcoming Belgravia.

I will catch up on Outlander during the next Free Week. That was how I watched Dexter--a full season binge each year.

I could pay an extra $5 or $6 monthly to get Starz, but I am too bitter. lol

8. purriwinkle

S05E08 Famous Last Words

The episode starts out with Roger teaching a class at Oxford. The subject that was given his students was famous last words and he discusses this with them while Brianna audits. They then go to the cinema for silent movie night which is apparently something they do quite often and enjoy.

Flash backwards and we see Jamie hollering to cut down the body and discovering Roger is still breathing. He managed to insert one hand between his neck and the rope just as they were kicking over the barrel he was standing on. Claire does her 20th century magic healing arts in the form of a tracheotomy and Roger is saved. What's so neat about it is we as viewers see it all in the form of a silent black and white movie with dialogue cards which is how Roger sees what happened to him over and over again in his mind. My thoughts are that the experience was so surreal that it is the only way he can process it, as some sort of old fashioned movie script which he keeps replaying.

Three months later, the physical wounds have healed but Roger's larynx was damaged and he hasn't spoken a word despite both Claire and Bree urging him to try and use his voice. His PTSD is so bad that the smallest of things can set that movie reel off in his head. We see different little things brought out that happened to give us a rather complete picture of Buck dragging him to the Brittish officers, Tryon declaring they will hang three rebels and him being snatched up gagged and hung before he can get a word in edgewise. Bree is discouraged and talks with her mom who encourages her to be patient. She's seen "shell shock" in WWII and knows it will take time and Bree should stay the course.

We also see that in the three months that have passed that Jocasta comes to the Ridge to mourn and say her last goodbyes to Murtagh. She sings a haunting song at his cairn. Jamie is still broken hearted as well. He asks Claire if they have a medicine you can take for grief in her time. Not really, she replies, but time heals all wounds.

We see the efforts Bree makes at home to help Roger come out of his shell. At one point she tells him it's not just that he won't speak.....but that he won't even engage with her. She let's him have it that she went through something horrible as well that made her want to crawl in a hole and die too and sometimes she still does but she has him and her son so she fights to be whole for them. It's like talking to the cat. No offense Adso.

At one point Lord John comes to visit. He brings a letter from Governor Tryon deeding 5,000 acres of land to Mr. and Mrs. MacKenzie adjacent to Jamie's in compensation for what happened to Roger. Bree's first reaction is that they don't want the land, she wants her husband back and storms out of the room. LJ makes a point that it's a very valuable tract of land should R & B reconsider. He also gifts the couple with an astrolabe.

Jamie and Claire decide to go visit the kids to see how they're coming along. Of course they bring food. While they're setting the table, little Jemmy reaches out to touch the hot tea kettle and we hear Roger cry out "Don't" which saves Jemmy making him cry and Bree incredulous. YOU SPOKE, but he refuses to talk further. Granny and Grandpa take Jemmy out to console him and while they're playing a game of hide and seek with Jemmy trying to find Grandpa with Claire's help, Jamie hears something growling in the bushes. He tells Claire to get Jemmy back to the house and just about then a wild boar rushes him, Jamie pulls out his knife but an arrow brings the pig down. Looking up they see an Indian. Looking a little closer they realized it's none other than IAN!!!! They're over joyed to see him but he's a bit stand offish.

They take him back to their new, big house and he's still not the Ian they remember. There's something off about him. Well, there's more to the story but duh. He's been living with the Mohawk as one of them. He's bound to have changed somewhat. At dinner, Jamie makes the suggestion that Ian go with Roger to survey the boundaries of the new land grant. Won't you do that for your cousin? he asks him. Kind of backed into a corner he agrees and we have two disturbed men out on a camping trip. After they leave, Claire discovers some of her hemlock is missing from her surgery. She later confides to Jamie that she thinks Roger might be planning not to return. Obviously, they're concerned, especially after she reminds him how he wanted to die after his ordeal at Black Jack's hands.

On the Roger and Ian road trip, the two men manage to get on alright. At one point, Roger steps to the edge of a steep cliff looking down while Ian watches. In his mind, that reel starts again but this time it's in color and at the moment he loses consciousness he remembers it was Bree's face he saw. He steps back. They camp for the night. Towards morning, something rouses Roger and he sees that Ian is gone. Rollo is tied up and not with his master which is strange. Roger goes to look for him. We see Ian burying his hatchet and HE takes out the purloined hemlock and adds it to some water he's put in a cup. At that moment, Roger kicks the cup over and Ian jumps him. Why did he stop him he demands. He knows Roger had the same thoughts....he saw him looking over that cliff and he knew what was on his mind. What did he see as that rope squeezed his life away Ian demands over and over. What did you see? Finally Roger spits out...."I saw my wife's face." Oh, God. Ian is devastated. So there'll be no relief for him even in death. He just wanted some peace he tells Roger. Roger questions him hoarsely about who the woman was. Ian doesn't really say but that she's not dead, just lost to him. (Book readers know that Ian's Indian wife "divorced" him after their daughter died and she failed to carry any more children sired by Ian to term). Roger tells Ian that yeah, he was a mess but remembering it was Bree he saw in his last moments has convinced him to fight for the ones he loves and who love him. Won't Ian pick up his weapon and do the same? The two go back to the Ridge. Long ways to go but the healing has started.

Roger enters his cabin and calls out to Bree. After the silent treatment for so long she's momentarily stunned. He says, so now your're at a loss for words and then they have that talk they needed to have. He says because of what happened to him he'll never be the man he used to be but he tells her how he remembered seeing her face before he lost consciousness and he now realizes how much he loves her and Jemmy. His voice may fail him but, he'll always sing for her.

9. purriwinkle

Images from Famous Last Words

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1029 purriwinkle, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  10. purriwinkle

11. purriwinkle

S05E09 Monsters and Heros

Sorry for the delay. Busy week but I wanted to get this in before the next episode is aired.

Starts out just another beautiful autumn day on the Ridge. Claire is giving Marsali a pre-natal exam and all seems well even to the point where when Claire remarks that after two children she could probably give birth herself. M responds that she's glad she has Claire to be with her, not as her physician, but as her ma! Awww.....how far we've come from when they first met...."Who is that woman Da?" lol The baby could come any day now.

In Bree and Roger's cabin, we see the couple in bed. Bree's still asleep but Roger is in the mood for a little morning nookie when it becomes painfully obvious they won't be able to as little Jemmy is wide awake and looking right at them. Shit! Roger says only to have their adorable little boy gleefully repeating that word minutes later. Little sponges, Roger, lol (That kid is so cute and I never have been one to grouse too much about casting decisions but he should have been a little red head like his mom and granda per the books in which it was much more of a mystery as to who Jemmy's biological father actually was. No DNA tests back then, just who does the child resemble). No matter as Jamie begins knocking on the door. They're off to hunt game and J would love to have his sure shot daughter along but she demurs saying she has to help the women dye cloth. She volunteers Roger and Jamie reluctantly agrees

Off they go. Jamie, Roger, Ian,, Fergus, Josaiah, and a couple other Ridge residents following what seems to be a herd of something or other. If they can bag some game the residents will be better positioned for food come winter. At one point Jamie tells the others that he and Roger will get behind the animals and try to drive them into the path of the rest of the hunters so they split up. Our fellas eventually do find their quarry which turns out to be a small herd of Buffalo no less! They take a couple of shots which doesn't seem to do much and while they're reloading, Jamie get bitten by a snake!!!! Damn I hate snakes and this one gets him in the thigh because he was kneeling. He kills that f*cker, cuts his head off but the damage is done. Roger has him sit down and he cuts the puncture wounds and sucks out some of the venom. Jamie sends his son-in-law to see if he can find the others for some help. As he leaves, Rog picks up the severed snake head and puts it in his pocket. Why? We later learn that he did it thinking that knowing what kind of snake it was might help Claire in treating her husband.

After walking a bit and unable to find the others in their hunting party, Roger fires a couple shots but it's no good as we learn the other men have returned to the settlement not having been able to bag any of the buffalo. They're a little surprised Jamie and Roger haven't returned but figure they probably decided to make camp and will return in the morning.

Roger goes back to where he left Jamie and sees that while Jamie is starting to look not so good, he managed to make a fire and roast what was left of that snake. Fair is fair he tells Rog. As the night progresses Jamie gets sicker and sicker from the venom cursing through his body but Roger refuses to believe Jamie will die. After all, the obituary they read said that J &C would die in a fire. None the less Jamie tells him that if he does die he wants Roger to be the one to kill Bonnet. He then goes on to reveal the plot that's in motion to have Philip Wylie set up a meeting with Bonnet so he can finish what should have been done at the gallows. He reminds Roger of all Bonnet has done but still Roger tells him he's reluctant to kill a man. His attitude changes a bit when Jamie tells him that in this time period Bonnet may have a claim to Jemmy as it's believed that a child cannot be conceived from rape. People will say that she was willing and that as the father he has a right to his son. Well then, Rog replies, if he wants him to face Bonnet he better not die as he'll have to teach him to fight.

The next morning Roger makes a travois and starts to haul an increasingly sicker Jamie out of the woods. He's having a devil of a time but as luck would have it, Ian notices that uncle Jamie's horse has returned without him and the men form a search party. They find our struggling duo and get back to Claire's surgery. Once there, Jamie is not heartened to hear Claire doesn't have much experience with snake bites. She's a surgeon after all. She sends Marsali out, with the help of the Fraser Ridgeites, to look for maggots which will eat the dead flesh around the bite. Josaiah finds some and Claire applies them. All well and good but while Jamie's body may be fighting off the venom, the leg where he was bitten is also infected, and that jerk Brown broke her syringe at Alamance. She can give her husband penicillin broth orally but it won't be as effective. She admits she might have to amputate his leg.

Jamie sees that saw on the table and he gets out of bed, barely, and grabs it. When Claire come rushing in to see what the hell is going on, Jamie makes her promise she won't cut his leg off. He doesn't want that to happen no matter what. Claire promises but as a doctor she confides in Bree that she may have to do it anyways. Of course she worries that Jamie will never forgive her if she does but Bree attempts to console her by telling her that at least he'll be alive to be mad at her.

While Jamie lies in his sick bed, Lizzy is hanging up clothes on the line while Jemmy, who she's also watching, starts to cry and point. She looks up and damn, a stray buffalo, maybe the one that Jamie shot the day before, is wandering into the yard towards them. She screams which brings Bree out of the house. When she sees her little boy in danger she gets the beast's attention so that he starts after her instead. Indeed he charges and knocks Bree into the air, but she's unhurt and at that moment, mama Claire comes running out and shoots the Buffalo dead in his tracks! Those women get done what the men failed to do and now the people of the settlement will have meat.

Jamie's not doing too good. He asks Roger to take him upstairs to his own bed. He wants to lie in his own bed. Not a good sign. He and Ian get him there and he explains to his wife when she discovers he's no longer in the surgery that he didn't want her to have to sleep on the floor down there. They always slept together in their bed and she acquiesces. During the night, things seem to take a turn for the worse. He wakes Claire and asks her to touch him. Uh oh. He seems to be dying and Claire knows it. Begging him not to leave her, she takes off her clothes and lies on him and slips her hand down and... um... revives him. In all fairness, that would probably revive any many that still had a shred of life in him but he survives the night. At this point, he tells her he's ready to have his leg off if it will save his life.

Down in the surgery, Claire prepares for the amputation, her hands shaking. In runs Bree, who has used her engineering skills to use the fangs of the snake ( remember the head Roger had put in his pocket) to fashion a crude syringe. Elated, Claire uses it to inject Jamie with her DIY antibiotic and everyone sighs with relief.

It seems to work as we see Jamie, some time later recuperating in bed, sitting up and reading. Claire wants to know if Jamie was indeed dying that night she used her sexual healing. He tells her he thought so. He had gotten to a point where he saw a passage way and he had to decide whether or not to go through it. He was in so much pain he wanted to but her touching him like she did made him realize he wanted to come back to her because she needed him. Not because you love me Claire asks? Sassenanch, whether you or I are dead, if we're together or apart, it doesn't matter because I will always love you. He then lays it on her that he yams what he yam, no that's Popeye, lol, but seriously he feels that he has a purpose with the war coming and he needs to fulfill his part in it....plus he still needs to see Stephen Bonnet killed although he doesn't say that part out loud.

I left out some scenes but viewers will just have to watch to catch everything.. (like Marsali has her baby and it's a girl!)

12. purriwinkle

Images from Monsters and Heros

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. purriwinkle

14. purriwinkle

Annnnnnd.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. purriwinkle

S05E10 Mercy Shall Follow Me

Oh boy, this was a good one! As ever, not quite cannon from the books but close. The writers chose to bring an event forward from book six to finish Stephen Bonnet's arc. YES!!! You heard right! That murdering, thieving, rapist finally gets his!

The episode begins in Wilmington, in a tavern, where we see Bonnet and that weasel Forbes discussing how Bonnet can finally lay claim to his son. Forbes has been busy getting names of supposed witnesses to his paternity and Bree's willing participation. So when Forbes wants to know how he'll get paid, Bonnet tells him that once he has his kid, Mr and Mrs. Innes will meet with an unfortunate accident and of course, Forbes will get 20% of the River Run Fortunes. Forbes is all too willing to go along because he's still nurturing a grudge over Bree not choosing him to be her husband. He feels Jocasta made a fool of him over the whole affair. He does caution Bonnet to keep a low profile until the judge rules in his favor. People might turn a blind eye to smuggling tobacco and the like but it's getting around that he's dabbling in white slaving and that is a definite no no.

In another tavern in town, a fully recuperated Jamie with Claire, Bree and Roger Mac discuss their plan to ambush Bonnet. They've made arrangements to meet at Wylie's Landing to make that bogus whiskey trade where they hope to catch him unawares and to kill him. Ian who is also there is going to pose as Mr. Malcolm Alexander so that his uncle and Roger can lay in wait and not spring the trap too soon. They head out to the Landing while Claire and Bree shop in town for a few things, like the parts to make a new syringe, but unbeknownst to them, they're being watched by someone.

At the landing, after a bit of a wait, Roger tells Jamie that he wants to be the one to kill Bonnet and they pledge that should either of them fall the other will avenge him. A small craft approaches. Ian greets them but damn if Bonnet isn't there. He sent his men to make the trade because he had other business to attend to. A fight ensues and the pirates are bested. Jamie forces one of the men to tell him where Bonnet is. Apparently he says Wilmington.

While all this is happening, Claire and Bree are walking along the beach. Claire is looking for shells and possibly some sponges for her surgery. They see a pod of whales off shore and marvel at how unspoiled everything is in this time. Bree tells her mom it reminds her of her favorite book, Moby Dick and they laugh and race along the shore. Bree tells her mom that she wants to get her feet wet but Claire demurs saying she wants to continue looking for shells. Don't you know that while Claire is up on one of the dunes, a man approaches her and damn it if it isn't Bonnet himself! Claire's all like what are doing here and she pulls this little knife she has to make him keep his distance. He says he's there for his son....and his son's mother! Shit. Bree approaches and this gives Bonnet a chance to grab Claire and he holds a much bigger knife to her throat. Way to make friends like that would ever happen but he threatens to kill Claire unless Bree goes with him. She grabs a gun and pulls the trigger but it misfires. Bonnet knocks Claire unconscious and when Bree rushes him he knocks her out too.

When Bree comes to she finds herself in a house with Bonnet on his private island. She's petrified of course but Bonnet says he doesn't want to hurt her. He wants her to come live with him and his son and teach him the ways of a gentleman. He tells her that he has a gift not only for Jemmy but for her as well. She's leery understandably and the wheels in her brain are spinning a hundred miles an hour as she tries to figure this guy out and how she's gonna get herself out of his clutches.

His gift to her is a lovely dress and he has dinner waiting while she's brought to him by one of his sailors. They sit and he"s just chatting away about how he'd like her to help him better himself so he'll fit into society. She throws a little shade that goes right over his head but ends up giving him an etiquette lesson about table manners. Afterwards he heads towards the bed chamber and asks her how a gentleman and his lady would retire after dinner. She's thinking, oh hell NO am I gonna let this guy rape me again, so she tells him that a gentleman would read to her but if he can't she could read to him. He asks her if she reads to Jemmy and she says yup, love to read and here's one of his favorites. She grabs a book about animal husbandry and pretends to read, reciting Moby Dick by heart, bless her. Since he's illiterate, he doesn't know any better and is actually enthralled by Melville's tale of the sea and is excited that his son would love a sea faring tale as well.

He enjoys it so much that he won't let her finish but wants to know the ending. He says he hopes that Ahab kills the whale and gets his revenge. Why no, she tells him. The whale capsizes the boat and the captain is dragged under the water and drowns. He's aghast. The monster prevails? Well, that depends on who you think the monster is, she says. This sends him into a monologue about the sea and how treacherous it is, how it looks for souls. He ends up telling her about his recurring nightmare about drowning and then wants to know if Jemmy has nightmares. When Bree tells him of course, Jemmy is a small child, he wants to know how she comforts him. Yikes! With tears, yes tears running down his cheeks he wants her to hold him like she does "their" son. Uh no....she puts the skids on by telling him that a gentleman would depart at this point. He's hesitant but then he bites, going along with her Miss Manners routine telling her he looks forward to seeing her at breakfast. She tries to give him her best smile till he's out of the room.

The next morning, sure enough, he has breakfast waiting for her with a whore he picked up at Miss Sylvie's in town waiting on them. She starts to tell him how while yes, she'd love to take up with him she ought to go back to the Ridge alone to break the news to her family and to collect Jemmy. Then she come back to him because fate keeps bringing them together (something he told her the night before). She thinks she's got him and he seems to be going along with her ideas but I thought he was just letting her go on till she spun enough yarn to make a sweater. He's not stupid but there's one thing he wants, he says, and that's that they should seal their deal with a kiss. Upon hearing this, I'm sure Bree threw up a little bit in her mouth but she smiles and kisses him. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde, he turns on her saying he knows about kisses and that one just told him that she'd been lying to him this whole time. He let his feelings cloud his judgement and he's going to give her a reason to despise him but first he wants her to see what she's gonna be missing. Then he drags that whore into the room and does her right there on the couch in front of Bree. After that performance, I gotta say she wasn't missing anything. Afterwards Eppie, (we find out her name later) asks for her money and when he goes to get it Bree tries to get this woman to help her out. Bree even offers her her wedding ring if she'll get word to her family but Eppie knows Bonnet's reputation and says the only way she'll keep breathing is if she doesn't cross him.

While all this is going on, Claire comes to on the beach and realizes that Bonnet has Bree. She takes off and finds the men telling them what's happened. They were headed for town anyways and once there they muscle Phillip Wylie into telling them where Bonnet might be.
    Wylie tells them that Bonnet frequents Miss Sylvie's and someone there is sure to know where Bonnet is cause he doesn't. Claire and Jamie head to the cat house and of course nobody knows anything although it's plain on their faces they do. When Claire sees Eppie leaving she notices that the woman limps. She gives Eppie a free medical evaluation and basically what amounts to a prescription for a shoe lift. Moved by Claire's actions she spills her guts and off they go to the rescue.

Back at River Run, Forbes has gone out to see Aunt Jocasta at her request. When he gets there he finds out she wants him to write her will, leaving vast amounts of money to her kin. Forbes is having a fit but he keeps it together until Jo mentions she'd like to give Lizzy some money too. He jumps up and tells Jo that she's not giving away any of his money. Your money, she asks? at which point he picks up a pillow and starts to smother JO!!!!! In the struggle, she knocks over the table that has the bell that she uses to call Ulysses. He runs in the room and breaks Forbes neck. Fortunately Jo is ok.

Bonnet still isn't done with Bree, he's so incensed. He decides to sell her to some perv as a sex slave. This dude looks her over but when he puts his fingers in her mouth to check her teeth, no less, she bites him causing him to punch her in the stomach. He's about to beat her some more when Bonnet intervenes telling the guy he doesn't own her yet and won't until the dude shows him the money ,lol. Getting a hard on over the idea of breaking a wild mare he tells Bonnet his money is on the ship so off they go to get it. On the beach, just in the nick of time, the Fraser clan comes running over the dune guns in hand and breaks that little deal up fast. Roger beats the shit out of Bonnet and Bree declares she wants him brought to trial for his crimes. A little skeptical at first because most of the local magistrates are in Bonnet's pocket they decide to take it all the way up to Tryon because he still owes them for Roger's hanging.

Sure enough, Tryon comes through and Bonnet is convicted of piracy and sentenced to drowning. We see him shackled to a post in the bay as the tide comes in slowly. As this takes time, most of the spectators take their leave but just as the water threatens to engulf him. Bonnet raises his head seeing something or someone on shore. A shot rings out and Bonnet takes a bullet to the forehead. We see Bree on shore with the gun in her hands.
    Roger asks her if she did that to show mercy or to make sure he was dead. She never answers, just walks away.

16. purriwinkle

Pics from episode 10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1036 purriwinkle, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  17. purriwinkle

More

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1037 purriwinkle, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  18. purriwinkle

19. purriwinkle

20. purriwinkle

I found this from episode 9- and he's a cutie but NOT Bonnet's son!!!!

[​IMG]