Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ozzy Man Review and Rant

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by CheesyBirdMess, Feb 13, 2015.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Aussie Man is not impressed with the Mid-Season opener!

[video=youtube;3QnZTIzW3rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnZTIzW3rg[/video]

He makes some valid points about last season - which I know we have discussed on the forum ourselves.

He also makes a valid point about there being no complete aftermath of what happened with Beth, and no 'on the road' type stuff from Georgia to Virginia... also mentioning that massive herd of Walkers that Abraham and crew came across apparently not being a problem for them.

But I don't think it was necessarily a filler episode, or a bad one at that. I think after stretching out the awkward hospital plot and all those bottle episodes they sort of felt the need to rush into getting to Virginia quick and move the story forward to Tyreese, to be able to deal with the stories of Maggie and Sasha's loss. Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure yet. I guess we have to wait to see how the season progresses.

What are you thoughts on this review and his points?

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I brought up some of the same points on here. Some of us feel they should've devoted a significant part of an episode to a farewell to their home state, Georgia. So much happened there and they were leaving their old lives behind. I think they dropped the ball and missed in having a very poignant, emotional show with impact. And this would've doubly served to have some more character development/bonding.

And while I had problems with some of the hallucinations (Beth and the Governor seemed out of place for Tyreese) this would've been a much better episode 5x10 I think.

It's not my own personal view, but I've spoken to some who thought the episode was too depressing for a midseason premiere. I just feel it was out of place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the video because I'm at work but to the points in your post:

I think there will be flashbacks to more of the aftermath of Beth's death. I agreed that I would like to say goodbye to Georgia and see their struggle to make the decision to leave the State that they have been surviving in for a couple of years. I'm hoping flashbacks may cover this but we'll see.

Personally, I didn't need to see the "on the road" stuff. We've seen them on the road. It sucks and it's tough. It took them 17 days to go 500 miles so that I think that tells the story. Plus we are going to get some more "on the road" stuff coming up.

I think they were just trying to mix things up a bit and keep viewers on their toes with the sudden shift and death of another major character. I have a feeling we'll get more backfill later.

I loved the episode but whether or not I think it was a good idea to flash forward so much so quickly will depend on how the rest of the season goes, I guess.

4. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Lol I loved when he said wank and wankers. I think this guy over-exaggerated everything except the Noah part, that too made me laugh my ass off. I mean I know about some understandable parts of frustration but like when he was talking about how Ty was hallucinating when he got bit and Bob was fine when he got bit. Ty was losing a f*ck load of blood, there really was a huge difference.:zombies_confused: This guy is really entertaining though.

#4 Gaycandybacon, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  5. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Oozy guy said a lot of sense esp about Noah and the trip to shire wilt , Daryls absence in 509, Tys halucinations and the feeling that the plot has lost direction
    tbh im not as rabid about not missing an ep as I used to be, but I'll stick with the show as long as the core characters are present. Some of the rumoured upcoming storylines may put me off once and for all though. Depends on how the story plays out

6. J K

J K Member

Holy shit this dude summed up perfectly what's wrong with this show. I could not agree anymore with that video, he's spot on about everything. It's definitely jumped the shark for me in ep.8. I'll still watch but the excitement for me is no where even remotely close to what it used to be.

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes. I wouldn't go so far as to stop watching -- but I am really hoping that -- likeS4 that had a few stinkers - this was a "one-off" and the rest will be better. In S4, some of the episodes were pretty bad and then long came the Grove, followed by Rick dealing with Joe. So, I have a little more hope for the show's future than Ozzy Man.

8. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

"rag tag team of nasty f*cken cannibals"..."who the f*ck fires the director of The Shawshank Redemption"..."tell Bob to jump...how f*cken high"

One thing I noticed about Aussies is that you guys hold nothing back and swear worst than a seasick sailor.

Ozzy Man Review is pretty flipping entertaining.

9. JMac

JMac Member

Worth watching, and thanks for posting.. Unfortunately I kind of have to agree with him. I understand like any tv series you have fav and equally disliked seasons- this season has kind of confused me at times, others its felt really rushed. Funny cause a co worker and I were just talking bout the whole "how did one bite make Ty hit the ground so fast?!" And I get it, heard it.. He lost alot.. Alot of blood but c'mon. I'm not trying to start an argument but Bob maybe didn't loose alot during his initial bite- but then he got his leg chopped off and lasted, what? Another day after that.. And if its about "infection" too what about the fact that his bite was exposed to all that nasty zombie slime water? And im guessing now (maybe it always was ok to swim around in nasty zombie slime water as long as you keep your mouth closed) but that's a different story. It was just a whole bunch of What da heck? The whole episode, and looking back the whole season, really. I thot both villains were played so righteously, they're acting was top notch, I was totally stoked to see how the whole Terminus wld play out- and it played out in 3 quick Sundays, then Dawn came got me stoked again and 3 Sundays go by... Its rushed, and what's up with Noah and absolutely no questions, and no weapon!! So yeah this is a rant, but this Aussie kinda hit alot of nails on the head.. Granted it wont stop me from watching, it makes me wonder what the hell the writers are thinking?? The directing I give thumbs up, it spooked me some of the images- but I watch the show for the storylines- and this season its either flat, questionable, or rushed. So thumbs up to you for posting this cause i think its good discussion to have because we all dig different things and I'm sure theres fans of this season- but I'm not one. Fan of the show yes, but if the writers point has been to "take away these characters humanity and build em up again.." In this magical place they find "down the road" they cld of found a more firmer storyline to do so rather than just random all over the place "shock and awe" I've felt we have gotten all this past season. But that's just my take.