Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Percy and the Strawberries.

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I like Percy. Such a gentle old man, and willing to help Beth on her plan to save Carol. He's an underdog, I like that. I imagine he was a museum curator in his former life. Probably had a dog, that was his best friend, and usually over-tipped, even when service was questionable.

But what was the deal with the strawberries? At first I thought he was going to use them to make it look like he was coughing up blood, but he didn't. Was it just a signal? "When I hand you the strawberries, you cough"?

2. mistymage

mistymage Member

Beth bribed him with the strawberries to have his fit which drew the attention of the guards to him thus allowing her to go snag the meds for Carol.

Food, clean water, sex and ammunition are currency in TWD.

3. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

I took it that Beth "paid" him with the strawberries so that he'd act as decoy. Food is charged to you and he looked like he enjoyed eating quite a bit. So he may do lots of favors for food.

4. Neuropyramidal

I guess that's possible, but they eat like 3 meals a day there. I don't know, maybe Percy is just a strawberry nut lol.

5. lbshasc

lbshasc Member

He didn't have the berries to put himself out there and be a decoy, so Beth had to give him some. Berries. :Grin:

6. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Percy must really like strawberries, then. If Beth were to offer me bacon, I'd do that in a second.

I'm glad Percy has finally appeared after his scene in Slabtown was deleted. Good for him. I hope he survives the finale.

7. Neuropyramidal

It just doesn't seem to fit. They seem to have plenty of food. Two or three strawberries would be enough to make this man risk his standing at the hospital? Nothing added up there. If they were starving, maybe. When I first saw him take them, I was like 'great idea...strawberry juice can convincingly look like blood'....then nothing...

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Lol...Percy and the Strawberries sounds like some white washed cheesy 60's band.

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

He looks like a guy who would sell his soul for a strawberry margarita. TWD writers can sell ice to Eskimos....or at least try..

10. ltomlinson31

Maybe before Percy was eating too many strawberries and Gorman tracked how many he ate, and Dawn got pissed off at Percy for it, so now he can't take strawberries anymore and has to eat guinea pig or whatever else they have to eat. And now Beth gives him strawberries and he gets to eat them for the first time in a while.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Percy will be the group's new elder statesman/voice of reason. :Grin:

12. Neuropyramidal

Percy was suppose to appear in Slabtown as well. His scene was cut. That's why he seemed to appear out of nowhere.

13. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Beth claimed the strawberries and gave them to Percy, if that's his real name, on the condition that Percy could have Carol after she has healed. It's symbolism people. We all know Beth is being deceptive, but Percy is still hopeful.

14. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say that old devil is making strawberry wine!

15. Neuropyramidal

It that case, I like Percy even better. I'd love it if they all escape and go on the run again, with Percy. "Quit walking so fast, everyone, what is there a sale at JCPenny's or something?? Lets all take our time, folks, and smell the smells of nature. In my day, I was in charge of the dinosaur exhibit at the museum....and boy did we get some unruly elementary school class trips. Hey, does anyone have a wet nap? My forehead feels like there's blackheads on it."

16. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone is allergic to strawberries and they end up coming into play like that. Crazier things have happened.

17. ltomlinson31

I just realized how poorly Percy did execute that though. The coughing was fine, but he magically stopped when Beth walked by. What if O'Donnell and Taneka saw through this? Maybe he did it because he knew O'Donnell and Taneka were the two most clueless cops (if say, Shepherd or Alvarado were here, he'd have done it longer), but still....

18. Neuropyramidal

Yes, his sudden "oh, I'm okay" line was a bit premature.

19. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

That's what she said...

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. I'll go shame myself on the naughty step now...

• Like Like x 1
  20. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Nah, he just wanted to taste a strawberry. It speaks to me that even though they are living in relative safety, two strawberries is enough for Percy to risk it all.
    Maybe not all, the cops don't seem to want to kill the wards.

Strange situation.