Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pilot- Why did the little walker pick up the doll?

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by jcarlin, Mar 3, 2013.

1. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Walkers don't lose their grip. How would they grap somebody to eat them if they haven't any grip?

2. Willzy123

Willzy123 Well-Known Member

#Illuminati

3. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I'll have to ask her that when I meet her at the zombie convention this year. I got to meet her last year and got her autograph, it was pretty cool.

4. AtlantaOverrun

I think the Walkers in the first episodes of season 1 where more capable to do things with a 'thought'. They seem to think about the situation, like picking up a doll and the rock through the window. Now it's just a focus on living humans.

5. AtlantaOverrun

And what about the turned cop Leon in the pilot? Who Rick shot in the head at the fence at the police station? With a headshot he was still holding his grip for a few seconds

6. danachka

danachka New Member

Maybe because she still remembered a little tiny bit in her old life and that was hers?

7. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

My theory as well lol.

8. Lawwry...Korral

Lawwry...Korral New Member

Yeah the way the walkers act is different in season 1 than in the rest of the series. Case in point is the long haired dude zombie that stares Rick down in episode 1, seems to be a leader of some sort. Their intelligence is higher.

then you get all the way on the other end of the spectrum, S4:E6...gubna walks right past a zombie and it trips over itself!

9. Lawwry...Korral

Lawwry...Korral New Member

Yep, if this wasn't the golden ticket for the writers having changed the walkers' abilities, nothing comes close. If walkers can climb fences, what's stopping them in season 3 (they wouldn't get over very well because of the barbs at the top, but they'd still try)?

10. the walking jet

i really have been surprised that the TV series has not explored an "anomaly walker" like romero did with bub?? i just started reading the comics so i have no idea if "anomaly walkers" exist in that universe..

11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Because Darabont's walkers were much more intelligent and threatening. When Mazzara and Gimple took over they became Slow-Walking mindless idiots who can be killed with a water hose.

12. mikka254

mikka254 New Member

I have to agree with donnnn. A series may lack consistency during the first and second episodes as the writers look at the reactions of the viewers.

13. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to admit the water hose thing looked cool - but the fact that they never got up again, or showed any sign of movement when it was clear a lot had no brain damage - was just crazy!!

I think we need a thread discussing walker kills!

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think it would've been a great idea for that group to have killed them while they were on the floor from the hose and Eugene keep the rest off of them but apparently Gimple just got lazy and made walkers even less threatening. That's why nowadays we need entire herds just for the group to have any trouble whatsoever and yet even in season 4 Rick and Carl killed an entire herd by themselves..

15. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I actually would have liked to see heads rolling, limbs flying off etc! lol! That would have been funny and gross! Then you just see the walker heads and their mouths going rawrrawrrawr!