Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Please use spoiler tags!! Don't Ruin It For Us!

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Again, please don't openly post spoilers. If you want to talk about spoilers there is a forum for that:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f92

Not everyone here has read the comics either. If you want to talk about what you think will happen based upon the comics, there is a forum for that too:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f119

We have many people that enjoy getting surprised and a lot of times, when you post spoilers in these threads...nobody will read them. If people wanted to read the spoilers they could simply go to the spoiler forum.

Thank you.

2. loco

loco Member

In my opinion there could be folks who haven't read the comics and go on to speculate on the show who may of course hit a nerve with folks who want it in the spoiler tag. Just saying, you can't please everyone. I just don't know why folks are coming to the episode area without watching the episode. I can understand if blatant spoilers are giving but how are we supposed to know if they are even spoilers? Can't they be considered as comparisons? We don't know what's going to happen in the show. Just the comic... case in point.. Rick gets his hand cut off in the comic but not in the show. ummm... kind of weird if I say

By the way the spoiler icon isn't available in the "Quick Reply" WYSIWYG have to go advanced which if it's that important it should be on the main WYSIWYG.

3. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

i want to add something after weeks of reading the forum.

i really hate all this "comic talk" in this Section of the Forum. Its the TV Show Section for the single Episodes.

It confuses people to follow and think logically about the Story, the Characters and all the questions about single points of interest. Many times a good question/discussion was turned by comic thoughts and speculations. I wish people would stop referring to the comics in any way in this part of the forum.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a simple as typing [spoiler*] Then post your spoiler in the middle...[/spoiler*]. Just remove the two *'s

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

you could just type it or hit advanced. not hard.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

After seeing several different TV-only fans complain about comic spoilers within the last 12 hours, i've decided i'm moving to infractions. Warnings have been given out again and again but they don't seem to be doing any good. So from here on out, i'm giving infractions for people that are too careless to put their comic spoilers in spoiler tags.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Half the time the spoiler tag works for me and half the time it doesn't.

8. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I will try to be more mindful if I have something to post that might spoil it for anyone. I wouldn't want to piss in anybody's Cheerios. However, I'm really curious as to why people read the forums if they are bothered by spoilers anyway????? I don't get it.
    Personally, I haven't read the comics past issue#1, but when people talk about them it doesn't spoil anything for me because I know it may happen and it may not. I guess that's just me.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Discussion?...

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Considering that did not happen to her in the comics anyway and we don't know how the episode is gonna be.

That's my only complaint about this. Ask for spoiler tags when they are indeed spoilers. Demanding tags for something Merle-related is pretty funny though. But I'll do it, even though I can't understand why we cannot especulate freely.

#50 Voncroy, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It may not have happened to that certain character, but it did happen to another character in the comics and was a big event. Think of it this way....would you even be suggesting that event if it hadn't happened in the comics? You wouldn't because there's nothing yet in the show to lead the audience to believe that it could happen.

Merle was not in the comics, but if you're suggesting he will do something that another character did in the comics....it's technically a spoiler. Again...TV viewers would have no reason to even speculate certain events that happened in the comic but have yet to happen in the show. When you start referencing comic events that have yet to happen in the show, non-comic fans start to catch on and it spoils their enjoyment of the series.

12. RDZ

RDZ Member

I'll chime in since I have been lurking in this forum long before I joined and I am an avid TWD TV watcher but I haven't read any of the comics. I come here to talk about the show, what happened and why and maybe even what is potentially going to happen. Some people are more observant at times, catch things that I may have missed, or lend an insight into something that happened that I hadn't considered.

I personally don't like it though when people use their knowledge of what happens in the comics to spoil what may happen in the show. I personally think the approach should be to only evaluate and discuss based on the television series exclusively when you are discussing within the television series threads here:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f53/

As this site provides dedicated places to discuss spoilers and predictions and has a dedicated comic area, those are the best places for those discussions. I personally don't go into those areas so I don't spoil my television viewing.

13. Zombie Lover

Point taken. I get that.
    I guess whenever I log onto forums, chats, etc anywhere on the net, I do so keeping in mind that I'm liable to run across just about anything from spoilers, to people being overly enthused about the show (lol), rudeness, or the even the opposite of these examples. On days when I have yet to watch the latest episode, I just don't log on. But, okay, spoiler tags it is (even though I rarely have any spoilers to share).

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Oh come on now. I'm sure you have one gooood spoiler in you? The thread title does include the word 'Spoiler' after all
    :zombies_lol:

15. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

16. Zombie Lover

Haha! Nah, the only good stuff I had was from reading Rise of the Governor and I've already spilled the beans on that. Guess I gotta read some comics so I'll have an excuse to use that nifty spoiler tag! :zombies_confused:

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

For a third and final time....you wouldn't even be mentioning that if it weren't for it happening in the comic EXACTLY where we're at in the TV series. As a reader of the comic you may not see it as such, but it is a spoiler. We're not going to go round and round on it anymore. To be sure, just tag it please.

18. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I am adding new fields so we know who we are chatting with. You can notice them by my avatar. You can update yours in your profile settings.

These should help, stay tuned.

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

these are great. now we know who's read what and won't spoil things.

20. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

[MENTION=4329]legendx66[/MENTION] yeah that is the plan! Hoping now we now what side we fall on, I think it should help!