Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poll- Alejandro's Bite. Real??

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Pablo & Jessica' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 7, 2016.

?

What the f*ck is on Ajehandro's neck??

1. Walker Bite. He's immune.

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Some other shit.

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

This is the only explanation I will accept! <3

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is the only logical explanation :D

I miss him and the rest of the crew and also, I want to make raspberry noises with my mouth on his tummy!

Thankfully my blu ray will arrive early October and my son in law is chomping at the bit to watch it with me!

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't want to be correct, but I really think they're going to take the immunity angle with it. It'll be terrible if they do, but that's what I keep thinking.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am slowly starting to think the same thing. Kicking and screaming the whole time.

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

I don't understand, what would be so terrible?
    Take the immunity "angle"? Where would they go with that?

6. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I don't think they'll go that way. Immunity . Not at this time . Kirkman has pretty much rejected that, in so many words .

My only thought is that it could be a haircut from 'World War Z' ...where Alejandro is already dying from some terminal disease, and so the 'infection' didn't take . That would be disappointing .
    I'm still of the opinion that Alejandro has ulterior motives ...his dialogue with Nick about 'trust'; thus implying his own trustworthiness . At this point he doesn't appear to be a power hungry despot, but power does strange things to people ...even benign or 'good' ones .

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

8. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Because we've had 6 seasons of TWD and in all that time, not even at the freakin CDC is there ever a single mention of some people being immune. If we were to all of a sudden find out that "Surprise! Some people are immune to it!" it would just be a terrible inconsistency. Sure, it's possible that we simply wouldn't have encountered this at any point previously, but it's extraordinarily unlikely.

The immunity thing is also just kind of an overplayed archetype within the zombie genre.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Exactly. When you're dealing with an apocalypse or any disaster that has a near 100% death rate, then even rare immunity would be rampant in the surviving population. Kirkman once stated that he created the backdrop of the comic to approximate what we would see in a world where less than 1 in 5000 people were still alive. So, since the show has basically the same backdrop as the comic, we can safely assume similar numbers. Or at least far less than 1 in 100 people. So with such a small percentage surviving overall, even immunity that was only 1 in 1000 people would show up in much higher percentages in the population. Depending on its rarity, people who were bitten and survived the bite, might even outnumber survivors who were never bitten. Of course there are many confounding factors in the equation, such as people who were bitten and died of blood loss before the fever killed them, but still...the main point remains...we should be seeing those immune people in TWD.

The only way to explain their absence in TWD would be if the immunity was extremely rare, like 1 in tens of thousands, or less.

But for me personally, there's an even bigger reason not to delve into an immunity arc. Because its not what the show is about. The show is about brute survival in a cruel world. Exploring avenues with the 'virus' like immunity and so on is like peeking into Marcellus Wallace's briefcase and discovering what makes the golden glow. That's not the point. The reason the glow is remembered 20 years later is because we don't know what it was lol.

Kirkman understands this, and its the reason why he personally disliked TS-19. He has made other statements about how he doesn't want to explore these types of avenues, which is why I hope they don't do it here. Although he's not the ultimate decider. Let some B level sci-fi show explore their own walker virus immunity. ;)

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

He had a real person bite him to make it look that way. It's BS.

11. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I'm not accepting the immune idea either. Last I talked about this a few weeks ago I pointed out that we knew little of the specifics of how he got the bite, not sure where Liza(that the right name? Haven't got all the new characters down yet) was when she 'saw' it happen, etc.

We now have a much more complete explanation. Al ran into a crowd that was mixed humans and zombies trying to save the addict. He simply got bit by a regular person, not a zombie. In all the mad rush and confusion who would be paying close attention to this one incident amongst everything going on. Liza saw him get bit and he told her it was a walker, and she believed him. No reason not to. She saw him fighting in the crowd, saw someone bite him.

Hell even Al may not know that it was not an infected who bit him. Again with all the fighting, pushing, showing he may have been bitten by a regular human mad with rage and assumed if someone bit him, it must have been an infected.

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

To me, having the possibility of immunity is also way too convenient. It kinda negates the whole last 6 years in a way. It's the equivalent of Pam waking up to Bobby obliviously taking a shower.

13. Poppy

Poppy Member

Thank you both for the explanation.

People being immune wouldn't be the end of the world, because more people die - not because of the infection, but rather because their jugular has been ripped out. It would just mean that not everyone turns after they die, or maybe they will still turn after they die, because once DEAD, their immune system would stop functioning.

hmmm, my head is spinning. :)

14. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

On the immunity front, there is another possibility that could prove interesting. The concept from 28 Weeks Later where the person bit is immune, but they are a live carrier and anyone who exchanges body fluids (bloody cut, etc. get your mind out of the gutter!) will turn.