Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Poor planning for horde leaders

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Stuartino, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think it would have made more sense for Daryl to be scouting ahead of a horde of Abe and 5000 walkers not riding alongside the car. They still have 15 miles to go on a single road with no way back to home, Daryl could spot any trouble up ahead and report back and provision for it. What if theres a road block, maybe a recent new one?

Quite why Daryl needs to ride around on the noisiest machine left in the USA I don't know.

And why doen't Abe just sound the car horn to draw the absent horde back.

2. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I think Daryl needs to be close by in case a stray walker somehow gets in front of the vehicle. He can dispatch it quickly without the car ever having to alter its pace. I think that the big rig horn blowing at Alexandria was just so loud even from that far away that the car's horn wouldn't do much. Also we see that the horde near the car stays with it. Its the zombies in the rear that get drawn away. Still it wouldn't hurt for them to have the radio blaring or horn honking during that time, it couldn't have hurt.

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Scouting ahead makes sense. Now I'm worried.....

4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I'd imagine they already scouted the path they were on for road blocks. Though another impending small horde could be an issue.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

You mean like another horde looking for trouble?
    Ready to Rumble!

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

If a hordeis so easily drawn to a horn they should have parked a car where they wanted the herd to go and sound its horn until they got there. haha

7. JFAN

JFAN Member

I actually thought riding the noisy motorcycle was quite a good idea. Keeps those on the road following the sound and could full a few out of the woods in with the rest of the horde.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is not a good idea for Sasha/Abe to honk the car horn because this will attract very nearby random walkers out of the forest and might come in front of their intended route. If, 10 or 15 come out ahead of the car to block the road, the situation will be dangerous. For 1 or 2, Daryl could just eliminate them, but not 10 or 20, as the car is advancing slowly.

That parade was going to be a couple miles long, I suppose. Walkers of the first, say, 50 feet or so were actually 'seeing' the car and therefore following it. For the rest of the parade line, it is just duckling migration, walker following the one in front of, unless distracted.
    So, it is more or less like Newton's 1st law of motion for walkers.

Also, Sasha's car horn is probably a puny one, and using it continuously might also affect the already not-so-strong battery?

9. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Scouting a head to see if the other group of walkers is ready for a big fight.

[​IMG]

10. Blueman

Could walkers be 'trained' to eat each other?
    I wonder what a walker would do if he is force feed with another walker's flesh. Can he throw up? lol

11. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Unless the car has a faulty alternator and the car is running, the alternator will keep the battery charged so something as simple as a horn won't cause any issues. However, did they check the cars battery and alternator before using it on the mission? Seeing as how they've survived as long as they have, I'd assume they were smart enough to check but then again, the RV obviously didn't get a thorough inspection.

And I wonder how many episodes it will take for them to get to their destination. It seems like the writers are really milking the mission they're on right now, and if Sasha and Abe are still driving in the mid season finale, its going to be a little silly.

12. Blueman

I am not a car expert. Can an alternator in that old car give a charge at such low speed? It must be moving like 2mph.

Rick's plan is that the herd to be led 20 miles away. The herd is moving, say, at a speed of 2mph. This means, it will take 10 hours or so. I think, this might be a weakness of Rick's plan. Something is likely to go wrong during such a long span of time.

I bet the writers are going to come up with something to end this parade rather than having Rick using the RV to lead the herd to the 20-mile destination.

13. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

I'm not a car guru either but I'm 90% sure that as long as you have the motor running, even if the car is in park, the accelerator, if its in working order, will keep the battery charged. However, there's other issues that car can have. Lets say the car has been parked in some driveway for a year or two and no one bothered to start it up every week or two, that can lead to the gas gunking up which can cause the fuel injectors to get clogged and cause a breakdown, it can also lead to numerous other issues.

As for their cruise, they still need to find out why that Wolf had a jar of baby food, did someone take Judith, or are the writers ****ing with us and did the wolf just take the food to feed himself.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Id like to believe one of them took Judith. But she's probably fine and the wolves just took whatever they could grab.

15. drifter77

drifter77 Member

I don't see how Judith could be missing with Carl on watch duty. You'd have to assume Enid is a wolf and kidnapped her while....what.....Carl was in the john? Carl seemed to be coming down the stairs (from presumably checking on Judith) when he discovered Enid left.

The wolves certainly don't seem too well off, so I think they were just grabbing anything they could. Baby food is still food.

I think that scene was more to show how Rick was putting two-and-two together. Gunshots back home. He's jumped by some goons who seem to have some loot from home. ect.

16. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

When Carl takes the casserole out of the oven, after the assault is over, we can see that the baby monitor is still on the counter facing him and he is literally about a foot away. If Enid or a Wolf took Judith then Carl would have to have seen it. I think the baby food jar was just to show that the man had been at Alexandria and nothing more. Think about it, what were the wolves stealing from Alexandria? Food, maybe random supplies, weapons if they found any, and that's it. If Rick saw any of those items in the bag it would be normal. The fact that one of the food items was baby food is just a logical clue that everything in the bag came from Alexandria.

17. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

18. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think the noise was good for the walkers to follow, but any humans in any nearby states would have heard Daryl coming for miles and had ages to prepare a trap.
    The fact that he is riding so slowly would make anyone curious, once they did eventually spot him at the head of a huge walker army, they might get shock!

#18 Stuartino, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  19. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Why do you think the battery is weak? I don't recall that being referenced on the show.
    Once a car is started the alternator runs the car, you could disconnect the battery and it would still run.

20. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Err. No I don't think walkers can be trained in any way.