Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Positives and Negatives from Last night

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by zombieolympics, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Eh, i'll get over it lol..it just really bothered me for some reason

[​IMG]

2. mistymage

mistymage Member

I was very happy to see maggots in the head of a zombie. That gives a bit of hope that one day the survivors will only run into one or two zombies now and then vs undying hordes forever.

The only negative for me was Carl did not get sick from eating all that pudding. He should have been in misery.

3. Sophie's Smile

Sophie's Smile New Member

Positives

1. Carl growing into a man. Adolescent boys often grow more independent as puberty begins. Yes, physical changes are part of the puberty process as well, ie skull growth, fuzz under pits and on nutz, and frequent hards which cause embarrassment. But it are the mental changes that we are seeing now in Carl that are really driving this little boy character.
    2. Mishonne rolls with gang bang rappers at her kitchen table, yo!
    3. Herschel's head confirms Herschel is dead

Negatives

1. I think Carl's independence is a negative just as much as it is a positive. We see that he is now brave enough to wander alone and take on zombies with ease. But what if he wanders too far and becomes a lost little boy? Can he survive on his own? What if the wrong man finds him and does terrible things to him? Especially with his new lesbian/beatles hair style which brings me to number....
    2. Carl's hair goes lesbian. I am confused why the writers have done this to Carl? He looks like he's gonna put on purple lipstick and go stand in a doorway in a red light district. Carl now makes me feel uncomfortable. Gotta fix this. Otherwise those NAMBLER pervs are gonna start watching this show!
    3. The story goes nowhere and slowly. The writers of Walking Dead have clearly run out of ideas where to go with this show. You can't blame them, though. There's only so many story lines to develop in this "Walker World" of nothing. But they gotta find something better that last night to fill episodes. It was painful to watch. I had no problem getting up and taking a pee during the show and toasting a pop tart (raspberry) and I was playing on my laptop after about ten minutes because it was so boring.
    4. Adding to number 3, is - Mishonne's character is terrible. She's not interesting or funny or anything. The writers have obviously tried to create mystery around her character but nobody cares. She was a mom? She was a doctor? She rolled with gangster rappers? Whatever, sure. It doesn't matter. We don't care. Enough with swording all the zombies with a graceful SWOOOSH of the sword. We get it. It's cool. Great. Anything else? No. Ok.

4. sweeney

sweeney New Member

:zombies_lol: LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

5. zombieolympics

Somebody is internet tough. And I know he is tough because who else could run off over 1300 posts in 2 months.

6. zombieolympics

No they edited out the scene where Carl was in Sam's bathroom exploding all the pudding out of his bum. The negative of this is without change of clothes we are all wonder how dirty everyones undies must be.

7. zombieolympics

Are you saying your a guy who cried during that episode???

8. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Somebody is internet stupid. And I know he is stupid because he clearly doesn't have the ability to detect sarcasm. It's probably because he only​ has 40 posts, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.... For now.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that...

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

To me, everything about "After" was great except I just cant stand to see Michone strike her pose and hold it everytime she kills a walker....Gimme a break already..

11. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

Real men cry, dude♫

12. zombieolympics

Baby:zombies_lol:

13. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Inappropriate or rude?!? Ha-ha, if that's the case, I'd have like a zillion dislikes already (something I really do zen for BTW!!)...

--As far as - and + about the worst episode in the history of TWD:

Negatives:
    a) Carl didn't get bitten by a Walker!!
    b) Carl didn't choke once on all that chocolate pudding.
    c) Deep into S4, and dumb-ass Carl still hasn't learned to stay in the GD, MF'N house!!

Positives:

a)
    Shoe Grabbin' Zombie totally pwned Carl!!
    b) 'Dead in the Field' Governor had much better screen presence than 'Coma Couch' Rick!!
    c) No Lori, Beth, or Andrea in this episode!

15. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

She was probably a golfer in the before times.

16. Retard_O_Doom98

I've done pros and cons somewhere else and have now forgotten so I'll try to keep this to the point...

Pros:
    . I've seen alot of people on the forum ask about Michonnes past and its good to get a little bit of that
    . Rick's character development here was amazing. He maybe said about 10 lines but there was a permanent change in his attitude
    . Its nice to be away from the prison and see them out on the road

Cons:
    . I felt like there was alot of wasted time eg. Carl having to get a stool and then stand on it and then grab the pudding. It could have been on a lower shelf and saved us a solid 20 seconds. There were a few times like that.
    . We only got to see what had happened to 3 characters, even if they were two of the main and one lead support, while next/this week we see about 8 characters which seems a little skewed.
    . We were introduced to Carls angst against his dad and then had it resolved in the same episode. That is the standard procedure for sitcoms, not thought provoking drama.
    . Seeing Carl go through the same situation as Rick in 18 miles out and come out better off was odd. He was also able to kick a full adult over without falling over himself which is just wrong physics wise. He also was able to repeatedly wriggle out of a walkers grasp. I felt like it didnt relate to all the other characters who died from the exact same thing eg Ed, Andrea, Beths boyfriend (Zack?), Dale and im certain there are more.
    . A minor con this but still, I personally felt like the reunion of Michonne to Rick and Carl would have provided equal if not better character development than a large portion of the episode

17. Daryl's Wings

Daryl's Wings Member

Did you notice the nods to other things in this ep? One of the zombies looked EXACTLY like one in " American werewolf in London" and the the bedroom Carl locks the zombie in is marked" Sam" as in Winchester who also happened to loose his shoe at one stage...

18. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Carl was out on his own, we needed time being shown his solitude so I don't see it as wasted time at all. Many of the people complaining about the episode concentrating on only three characters and wasting time showing Michonne walking through the woods or wasting time with Carl out on his own are missing the point that time must be spend for the audience to get the visceral sense of these characters being alone. I think some of them are negatively responding due to the feeling of isolation that it is imparting.

Next week's episode is likely to have a different vibe about it, it won't be about characters isolating themselves or being isolated so there is no need to show the characters in isolation. I think next week's episode is going to be much more action oriented and much more about characters dealing with chaos, confusion and panic.

We must be watching a different show because Carl's angst against Rick has been building since the start of the third season (at least). In the show you're watching didn't Carl give Rick a verbal bitch-slap about how he should step down as the leader early in season 3?

I feel it would have been gratuitous, seeing Michonne's reaction when she sees Rick and Carl through the window and then Rick's comment of "It's for you" was all we need to understand the emotional impact that the reunion represents.

19. M3O

M3O Member

I found Carl mentioning Shane to be a bittersweet positive. I like when they mention things from the past.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, I've heard the American Werewolf in London lookalike, but the Sam Winchester connection seems like a stretch to me. :p