Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Post your favorite Carl moments.

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by Weallgotit, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Sigh. So I guess now we know the story is not being told through Carl's eyes. No Old Man Carl. Some of us loved him, some hated him and some just got tired of him. But we can all agree we basically watched Carl grow up on the show and he has a lot of big moments in the show. For me Carl always represented that innocence and hope the show needed in it. But at the same time he has had to do some very grown up things in the ZA. I think he will be missed by all in one way or another.

What's your favorite Carl moment in the past 8.5 seasons? There so many to point out. It can be a happy, sad, scary or victorious moment or even a dumb moment. But, for me two things stand out. First, the time in Season 4 episode 9 I think. Rick was sleeping and recovering from his fight with the Governor. Carl had said some pretty bad things to and about his dad as he slept. Basically saying he didn't need Rick and he can survive on his own. Well later when Rick was awakening, Carl thought he was a walker because of the sounds he was making. Carl point his gun but can't shoot. He cries and grabs his dad's head and admits that he is still a scared kid.

The second favorite moment for me was when he set things off by blasting Saviors and Scavengers away in S7 E16. Negan had our group dead to rights then Sasha gave them a split second window. And damn if Carl didn't take it. I remember being so proud of that character that night after that episode aired. Who knows how differently things would have turned out had he not gotten things started off for our group.

What Carl moments stand out for you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. batongal

batongal Active Member

I have to say the scene I love him in is with Negan at the dinner table waiting for Rick while they're about to eat sphagetti. i just love how Carl sits there stoically and how absurd it is and when Negan asks him to pass the rolls, he just looks at him and Negan says, "pleeease" Carl grabs the rolls and passes them still no emotion. I crack up every time I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sully

Sully Active Member

I like the scene where he didn't stay in the house

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

rollerskating with Enid.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rocky

Rocky Member

Sharing candy with Michonne whilst walking the rail track on the way to Terminus. That little bit of bonding helped Michonne as much as it did Carl.

That and also the pudding scene.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Two come to mind.

Firing the first shots of the war. Everybody else was standing around processing the situation and Carl just starts straight up shooting people.

A more subtle moment that I liked. When he was holding the gun on Davey and Negan was telling him to hand it over. Carl reaches around Negan to hand the gun to Rick. He wouldn't give in to Negan, only to his Father. That was a cool moment.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lindigo

I liked the portrayal of a resilient apocalypse childhood--swinging his feet on the roof, eating pudding with a walker growling right behind him, for example.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

What moment that stands out for me is his talk about "kids". What did this come from? Why is he so keen on kids having a good time? There is even barely any seen so what kids is he talking about? His sister? She is a baby! Not even a kid. He start to sound like a 13-15 year old rebel kid who mutters about how his sister that is 19 can do what she want.

9. Lindigo

I can't place this.

When he talked about kids showing their parents the way, that's when I went, WTH, This is out of the blue and out of character. But now I know this was immediately after he was bitten, so I guess he was expressing his hope to make a lasting contribution before he dies.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a bit weird. I would be more understandable of him if he talked about everyone on average, a throw back to that one time he shot a KID infront of Hershel. Some home tying in Hershel life views into his own and spreading them a new. It be a token honour to Hershel and Glenn and maybe even Dale. The three morale compasses that all died in the "service" of Ricks Hobo Commandos. Three morale compasses I liked more than the new in Jesus aswell. I think they did the whole deal better.

11. Lindigo

I still love "Rick's Hobo Commandos." :D

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I guess this is more of a Rick moment, but it involves Carl. While I was pregnant they aired the episode where Rick bit Joe's throat out, and to me it was such a pure, raw moment of fatherhood and an example of the lengths someone would go through to protect their child. I was really emotional as he spit Joe's neck flesh out, as odd as that sounds. I mentioned my pregnancy because I'm sure that amplified it :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Haha :D I think it is very fiting! Since I saw their raid to rescue Glenn and Maggie from the Woodbury douchebags! I was like "Yes! They are the Hobo Commandos!"

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

One of my favorite Carl moments is when he was trying to teach Father Gabriel how to defend himself with the machete. Cracked me up when he started talking about how you have to use a lot of force cause their skull isn’t always that soft, lol

Carl was never really one of my favorite characters, but there were a few moments where I really admired him, like when he told his dad to step down as a leader at the prison because he was burning out. Also I thought it was cool how he was the first one to shoot back when they had their first confrontation with the Saviors last season.

But the most memorable moment is when he stepped up to shoot his mom. The look on his face as he walked away was heartbreaking.

#14 Woodstock, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

More spectacular words were never spectacularized!

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

OMG, my new favorite meme of all time!!!! Best. Post. Ever.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. Neuropyramidal

that meme is expertly captioned!!

20. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I liked the opening minutes of the season 3 premiere episode "Seed" when Carl helped the group clear the house. Seeing Carl using a gun with a homemade suppressor, and sweeping the rooms along with Rick, showed how much he had grown up. :cool:

• Like Like x 2