Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise That Cobalt With Some Damn Positivity!!

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Sit, Cobalt, Sit.

Good Dog.

2. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Spread that Cobalt like Wildfire!

3. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Horrible episode, the lack of Tobias makes me want to gouge my eyes out until our sweet prince returns.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It's one of the better shades of blue.

[​IMG]

5. Rust

Rust Member

But a really crappy Chevy

6. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Easily the best episode yet...finally getting to the meat of the story...

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

8. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Let me be clear

We killed some folks

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Strand is so cool, Alicia was hot and just about every character got better (Madison, Chris, Alicia, Daniel, Ofelia). Good eppy.

10. Hope the Savior

What I liked about this episode:
    1. Strand – that man fascinated from the moment the show introduced him. I really want to see how deftly he reads Daniel, Maddie, Ofelia, and the rest of the Manawa-Ortiz-Clark-Salazar (MOCS) clan (assuming he gets to meet them all).

2. The reveal about Daniel’s true experiences in the Salvadoran Civil War – he played a hand in the slaughter, and his being a war criminal explains why he so readily and unwaveringly adapted to this new world order.

3. Maddie and Ofelia’s differing reactions to Mr. Salazar torturing Corporal Andrew Adams – Ofelia was truly disgusted and appalled to discover her father’s role in the war and the ease with which he resumed said role in order to torture Cpl Adams for information. Maddie, on the other hand, was shocked but quickly accepted it as a necessary evil for her family’s survival. I loved how their dissimilar responses further intimate the harsh realities/negative experiences Maddie and Ofelia have and haven’t faced, respectively.

4. Griselda’s deathbed confession – I think she was speaking to G-d, basically telling G-d that she finally realized and accepted that G-d was not as straightforwardly good as she once perceived Him/Her to be. I also liked how FTWD contrasted two older women’s approaches to meeting their makers. Last week, we discovered that Su-Su Tran, upon seeing the horrors of this world, opted out hoping (and possibly believing) to find peace and comfort in the heaven(s) of her perceived creator. Meanwhile, Griselda fought to the bitter end and, upon realizing what the future held, essentially spat in G-d’s face, accepted death, and awaited the punishment she expected G-d to hand her in the afterlife.

5. Alicia and Chris’ bonding festival – Alicia was sweet to try and cheer Chris up after last night’s turmoil. It was nice to see them be kids; momentarily enjoy luxuries they may have appreciated in their alternate futures; and release their frustrations, about those futures being stripped from them and about this new world, in a smash-'em-up festival.”

And I can’t forget some of the funny quotes:
    Dr. Exner (to Liza): “…one slipup, one “what if,” and we all start finding out how the neighbors taste.”

Melvin: “No refunds. Kid turns, it’s your ass.”
    Strand: “You think he’ll stop there?”

11. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

My fave episode so far.
    We got some meat with this one.
    Characters started to feel a bit more real for me.
    The season finale is gonna be sweet.

12. Eternal

Eternal Member

I like the way the characters are finally coming into their own. Still not feeling Travis too much, but I'm starting to really cement my liking of both Alicia and Chris. Maddie is cool for me, Nicky is still bae, and Liza is cool too. Daniel is a badass, and introducing Strand, this mysterious man caught my interest straight away, can't wait to see more of him. More importantly, I have a bad feeling that stadium is going to have a broken door next week, causing epic pandemonium. Cannot even wait.

13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

At least they have not ruined Tobias's character yet. Plus we had dress up day.

14. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

that was a great episode

just as good as the original

15. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Yup, it's getting real now. That final scene with Daniel at the arena.
    I wonder if that's gonna be the big event where we see our first big mass of walkers with no army to contain them.
    And it ends up being in part the army's fault that we get this first big, uncontrollable wave.
    Our group isn't even close to prepared for something like this They can barely handle a single walker at this point.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This episode means we are 5 weeks closer to the real thing!

17. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

This probably the only enjoyable moment I've gotten out of this show so far:

[​IMG]

18. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

I really liked this episode. I'm enjoying that this zombie show has been rather light on zombies. The human drama is the interesting part, as long as it's well written. So far Fear the Walking Dead has been.

19. the walking jet

i took away a few things from "colbalt.." kirkman was on record saying government/military involvement would be minimal.. LOLz he was definitely honest about that & it worked for me.. the comics/TV TWD has always been based on the idea, us the reader/viewer we're never meant to know what the "cause" is.. it's also why the sudden 9 day gap between episodes 4 & 5 made sense to me as well.. as in, yes we had to address at least some form of military involvement but not a moment more than need be..

the premise of "good" & "bad" in FTWD seems like it will be more subjective than with our survivors on TWD.. the show feels more sinister & dark than the original, even down to the jump scare sound effect intro..

daniel is my favorite character so far.. he's like a really dark version of herschel, who was/is my favorite character on TWD.. wise, composed, dignified & LOLz even their speech cadence is similar!!

but getting back to the sinister nature of FTWD in contrast to TWD, look how quickly madison was in lock step with daniel & his "methods??" rick didn't get that kind of memo until "nebraska" in season 2??

i felt with a 6 episode season, if the writers/actors can get us to the season 1 finale wanting season 2, job well done.. IMO, they have..

i just hope they give us more than just the walkers breaking or being released from the arena & the end credits roll.. LOLz i wouldn't be shocked though..

20. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

haha I noticed that too.

yeah so far for me this show has been mostly "meh" but I'm willing to push through the getting-to-know-you first episodes to see where it goes. This episode was definitely the best so far and all the characters seem more 3dementionsl and human. Doesn't mean I like all of them, but they are growing on me. I'm mostly excited about Strand, finally an interesting/compelling character! And the stadium is scary, that's going to be chaos. Looking forward to next week!