Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Preparations ?

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by br0k3n, Mar 21, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

The only group preparations I recall seeing were:

1. Getting vehicles cued up.
    2. Moving weapons from the armory.

Morgan on his own builds a cinder block/mortar jail. And continues to rehearse his kata forms.
    Eugene wants to make ammo ....

That was it?

No ramping up training? No visible collaboration with Hilltop (other than taking supplies)? No sending out recon teams? Making use of the radios?

But hey they have a changing of the guard at the gate.... SMH

2. Goggles Pizano

You're expecting to much. There's a reason this show is known as the most watched, poorest written show on tv.

Just go with it and enjoy it for what it is. It's campy and fun.

If you get frustrated or irritated every time a character acts out of character or doesn't act in a situation the way 99% of people would, you're in for a long haul.

Of course in real life, people would prepare for violence, of course in real life people would practice improving their fighting skills, of course in real life.........

Come on, from the first season when people slept in tents instead of houses, sheds, motor homes, trees etc when surrounded by hoards of walking dead, you should have said "I'm going to enjoy this show for what it is."

3. nigelji

nigelji New Member

When did you want to see preparations?

Until the last 15 minutes of the show, the group did not know Neagan's group was still alive. They started preparing as soon as they realized he was not dead and was coming for them.

Both Morgan's making of the cell, and Eugene's manufacturing of bullets both occurred before the group knew of a threat.

Not sure how this falls under "poor writing", more "poor comprehension"

4. JFAN

JFAN Member

Plus they can't show everything in a one hour timeslot or we would still be back in season 1. What little we did see of preparations at the very end was only the lead in for next week's episode. The writers leave up to us to imagine the filler in between.

5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

When? how about during that long and pointless introduction? I'm just saying these characters haven't learned from everything they've been through up to this point that they should be preparing themselves for armed conflict with oppressive evil or desperate groups.

6. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

First of its a tv show. I agree I wouldn't do half the sh#t they do and have done. I'm just different in general I guess. Anyway. There might be 25 legit capable fighters between the hilltop and Alexandria. Who just met each other. Neither has the resources to send out scout and recon teams. And if they do, its those very people who would be fighting.Plus Rick went on the offensive so you can argue he has already taken the fight to Negan. And so far team family is kicking ass. They just have no clue how many guys Negan has. They'll find out soon.

7. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

It's a TV drama, not a survival training or military tactics manual. If you're that concerned about accuracy you should have checked out in the first episode when Rick crawled through the non-existent escape hatch on the belly of the "Abrams" tank (really a Brit Chieftan), into a fighting compartment the size of a small apartment, then proceeded to chat with Glenn on his Radio Shack walkie-talkie using the encrypted, frequency hopping SINCGARS radio on the tank.

#7 Kilroy was here, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  8. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Agree that it is a television show and perhaps I shouldn't be thinking to critically here. It's a TV show that I happen to love. It's just extremely frustrating watching characters that in some cases should know better. I just want as many of them as possible to keep on living in the fictional world that has been created here.

9. nigelji

nigelji New Member

yes, the introduction was a tad long, but were talking about maybe a minute or two.. i dont think they could have squeezed in what you want in that time frame.. again.. the introduction was showing them going about their lives because in their minds, there is no perceived threat currently. All is well in alexandria.

10. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

LOL

11. John from Hemet

John from Hemet New Member

How much do you expect them to fit into a 1 hour show....:)

12. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Enter: Church meeting with the main cast.

Rick: The Saviours are a bigger threat than we anticipated. What we know about these people. What we thought we knew. Is wrong. And we need to prepare the people for a potential revenge attack. The facility we attacked last night was not Negan's stronghold and he and an unknown number of so called 'Saviours' are still out there. We need to increase security on the perimeter and temporarily limit supply runs until we can gather some Intel on these people. Be on guard and be sure to carry a loaded weapon at all times. We will figure all of this out, together, but right now, the best thing we can do is prepare for what's coming.
    Denise: I want to go check out an Apothecary on the outskirts of town.
    Rick: No.

Opening credits.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

1 thing that I find unbelievingly stupid is Sasha exposing herself as an easy target up on the wall when doing the guard duty.

Expect to fight a 'gentleman fight' with the Saviours? Let's shake hands and then each back off 20 steps before shooting? Human enemy has snipers too and Sasha could be finished in a spilt second.

14. jojo

jojo Member

They obviously don't know the extent or number of saviours they need to prepare to defend against. They all say their Negan perhaps they're assuming they took him out already and there's just a few say less than 20 possibly stragling out on runs etc to finish off.

Even Dewight didn't allude to Daryl and crew any indication of a large number of adversaries out for them or even if the real Negan was still alive.

Rick I suppose is doing the best he can with what knowledge he has of the saviours, coupled with his man power and trained fighters.

#14 jojo, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  15. forceten

forceten Member

How do they know dwights group is with negan? They could be any group out there - with half of their group dead now just drom dayl and rosita's little gang.

Did I miss something in the dwight conversation - that he said he was with the saviors or negan?

16. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Preparations?

Am I the only one that saw Abe's speech about prepping the Homeland?

Or as he called it Preparation H.

Because we already know some things make Abe's arse itch.

17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think the connection goes like this:- Daryl's bike was last seen and taken by Dwight. The bike was then found in the Satellite compound of the Saviors. So, Dwight and the Saviors are somehow connected.

18. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes! Add in also: "we've been monitoring their frequency since the raid, and here's what we've picked up so far .... (launch into any intel)..."

19. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Bingo

20. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Ok, only WE the audience knows that that Satelite Station was just a Saviors' outpost, not their HQ, and that Dino was not Negan. They have absolutely no way of knowing that their actually a massive group.