Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Spoiler] Q&A 10-06

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by Sharpie61, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Episode 10x06 "Bonds" Q & A!

A HUGE thank you to our source for these 10x06 goodies!

Let's dive right in!

1. Carol mentions in the opening minutes that she’s going to find the horde and destroy it. What’s her plan for accomplishing this? Are they successful?

She tells Daryl that she has kept track of the incoming waves of walkers and that there is a general area where they seem to convene. She thinks that this is the spot where the Whisperers bring them to first, and that they should wait, observe, see where they take them and report back to the Council. When Daryl says that they shouldn't cross the border and whatever shit they start will affect everyone, she swears up and down that this is her only intention. More on Q2 on what you may or may not call "success".

2. What happens during Carol and Daryl’s mission?

Carol first lies to Daryl and says that she's going to go look for Negan. Daryl wants to tag along. Once they get to the vantage point and Carol tells him that they are going to stay there, watch, and see what they see, Daryl says that obviously Negan is not going to just pass by because he's not stupid and neither is she, and he asks her what she's really looking for. Carol shares his plan with him and they agree to stay passive after locating the herd. Despite Daryl's repeated requests towards not doing anything without backup and avoiding the "I'm going alone" type of shit, Carol is still more than willing to cross the border after they actually see a Whisperer at the convening spot. While they wait and watch a group of walkers and two Whisperers, Carol "unintentionally" makes noise. The walker group and the two Whisperers decide to investigate. Daryl manages to avoid them by disemboweling a walker and rubbing the innards all over himself, and when they pass by without seeing him, he heads back to where he and Carol agreed to meet if they get separated. When he arrives at the meeting spot, Carol has one of the Whisperers in custody, all tied up with plastic handcuffs and everything. He asks her if this was planned. She says no and tells him that it's done, there's nothing to argue over, and that they should take him back to question him.

3. Do Carol and Daryl interact with Negan? No.

4. Does Alpha accept Negan into her group? Does she make him prove himself first? What kinds of tests does she put him through?

TBH, I'm not so sure about the "tests". They make him dig holes, skin walkers, kill a pig and bury it in a cooking pit, and walk among some walkers. That's about it. Although, I would say it's not Alpha but Beta doing the actual testing. I can't say it's 100% clear that this is what Alpha asked of him specifically. This is just my theory, but Beta is more than willing to write Negan off anyway, and in his report to Alpha, he says that Negan "was weak and he'd be of more use as one of the dead". Maybe he made him do mundane things on purpose, because I found the tests to be very much mundane for someone like Alpha.

5. How does Negan acclimate to Whisperer life?

Since the episode ends with him apparently being accepted, there is not much room during to talk about a"lifestyle", so to speak. But still, overall, in a very Negan way, I can say. He cracks jokes about their outfits, their "paleo lifestyle", he calls Beta "Jolly Green Giant", he taunts him for kneeling in front of Alpha and specifically tells him that Alpha turns him on. I'm paraphrasing, of course, he uses the Negan lingo for all of this, as always.

6. Who does Eugene hear on the radio?

What do they talk about? While Eugene ends up telling her his name, she doesn't. She says she's not comfortable giving out any "real" information, so they only talk about where they are from, trivial things. It ends with Eugene telling her that he would like to talk on the regular. The woman accepts, but she wants him to assure her that it will stay between them, no one else will know for the time being, and that's how she'll know she can trust him.

7. What mystery is Siddiq trying to solve?

A lot more people get sick (seven, as they mention) and they seem to be taking a turn for the worse very quickly, so he's worried.

8. Does Siddiq tell anyone about Ezekiel’s cancer? No.

9. Do we see anything else happen at the other communities or is this episode mostly focused on Carol/Daryl and Whisperers/Negan in the woods.

Aside from these two storylines, there is Eugene & the lady on the radio. There is a nice, non-awkward conversation between Rosita & Eugene when Rosita calls him on the radio. We also see Dante and the doctor-patient interactions at the infirmary with Siddiq taking Rosita there and snapping at Dante, after seeing the influx of patients, for not telling him about it. He apologizes later. Dante also has one of his flirty-in-a-kinda-creepy-way conversations with an elderly lady patient, Cheryl.

10. Is Gamma starting to have a change of heart about Alpha and the Whisperers?

Gamma is not in this episode.

11. Do we see any development of Alpha’s plan involving Aaron and Gamma?

Nothing on this either.

12. Ryan Hurst mentioned in an article that there were some very funny moments between Negan and Beta. Can you tell us about those moments?

That's true! When they are skinning walkers, Negan hangs a piece of skin on a tree branch, and Beta hangs one about four times the size of his. Negan then moves his skin a little bit to make it look bigger. There is a whole sequence with music of them putting Negan to work, and there are some small funny gestures during this as well. We also see Beta putting his double blades against Negan's neck, which gives me hope for possible future use of Frowny McTwoKnives. They actually have A LOT of interactions, but it would be really hard for me to write down all of them because Negan talks so damn much.

13. Do we learn who released Negan? No.

14. Are there any other shocks and surprises?

Nothing really shocking, I would say.

15. Does anyone die? Just walkers.

16. Does anything else interesting happen?

A few things:

- Daryl tells Carol that the King sends his best, which goes completely unanswered.

- Carol asks Daryl about Connie and tells him that she sees things. When Daryl tells her that it's not like that, she kind of encourages him by saying that there aren't many people around anymore, much less good ones like her, and that he can't hide forever with his dog.

- Daryl goes through Carol's bag when she's off to pee. When she comes back, she asks him if he's found what he was looking for. He asks her if she brought her gun, she tells him that she's out of ammo. Afterwards, when Daryl sees the plastic cuffs, he tells her that those weren't in her bag, and she tells him that he must have missed them.

- There is a moment where Beta tells Alpha that she should kill Negan, and Alpha tells him that his questioning of her judgement has become a regular occurrence. She asks him if it's finally time for the Beta to become the Alpha, and this is where the kneeling happens with Beta's answer being "never".

- The most interesting thing for me happens with Siddiq. After they seemingly wrap up for the night at the infirmary, while Rosita is sleeping, Siddiq picks Coco up and sits on a chair. He closes his eyes and starts hearing Alpha's distorted voice saying "open your eyes" a few times. And when he finally does open his eyes, he finds himself up on what I think is the balcony of the mill, if not exactly there but outside of the house on some balcony for sure, terrified. This scene is short, so I'm not 100% sure, but my interpretation of it is that he's had a blackout in between.

17. How does the episode end?

Negan, Beta and the Whisperers come back to their camp at night to eat the pig they hunted and cooked. Negan asks for a piece and clashes over it with Beta, Beta tells him that he can't eat and when Negan insists, Beta violently pushes him to the ground. Negan seems clearly pissed for a moment, but he stands down, goes to sit next to another Whisperer who actually offers him a piece of his share.

The truth is out there