Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Queen Bitch Carol

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by TGO, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

I don't think any of the people of Alexandria will pick up on carol's act because I can't see the writers writing carol as making any mistakes at this point. I'm sure her little act will save the day in grand fashion one episode.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Rick, Daryl, and Carol spoke privately before going to A2Z and talked strategy: Rick is acting the cautious but cooperative group leader, Daryl's acting the crazed loner, and Carol's acting the happy housewife.

I think when the ASZ arc concludes, Michonne is going to be furious that Rick didn't trust her or include her in his plan.

#22 Rapscallion, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. Busted Flipflop

I liked how she pulled off a sweet Betty Crocker appearance -while underneath she is fooling them. If they only knew.

When she mentioned missing Ed every day I knew something was up because I think she mentioned not missing him in a previous episode.

I chuckled when Daryl told her she looked ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shakey

shakey Member

I don't think Daryl's acting.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, it was one of my favorite parts of the episode. I commented about this in the review thread already, but she's playing the unassuming Walter White role in Alexandria right now.

6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think carol came up with that herself. I don't think it was talked about but I think they all know they're role. I think daryl really feels like an outcast and Rick is just being Rick.

7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i love the role that Carol is playing here. she didn't technically lie to the people as she was drawing her story from her life before the ZA, but she left out a huge portion of her becoming self reliant, independent, and a complete badass. that side of her will definitely sneak up on someone in this community.

8. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

Rick could probably see that Michonne is blinded by hope so maybe he didn't want to include her. She was unsure and cautious of Woodberry but I think she is just so wore out now from the things they have been through that she is grasping at any "normalcy" that comes along.

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think it's great that Rick said "We'll take this place" to Daryl and Carol, and only to Daryl and Carol. Like Michael Corleone, he didn't reveal his true business to Mrs Grimes.

10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Exactly! That ties in with my theory that Rick doesn't trust Michonne with telling her his doubts about ASZ. Rick and Michonne have grown so close, but the revelation that he kept his plan from her will tear them apart for a long time to come.

11. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

love it! Lol.

12. Busted Flipflop

So far from what we can tell Rick, Daryl, and Carol are the most cautious and mistrustful. The others are as well but I get the sense that these three have one foot in Alexandria and the other foot ready to leave. They seem to be anticipating something going wrong because with all the crap they've been through Alexandria seems too good to be true. Wonder what's going through Abraham's mind.

13. Sildee

Sildee Member

They're giving all of Abe's good lines from the comics to other people so I'm pretty sure they want to keep him as a narrow-minded character

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is playing any pre planned roles. Carol decided on her own to go that route, just like she didn't consult any one when she got it into her head to kill Karen and David. She's smart enough not to spill her guts to complete strangers and I truely believe she wanted to come across as non threatening to put them off guard.

Daryl is truely uncomfortable because even pre ZA he never would have fit into a community like that. I loved that during his interview he never let go of his possum.

Rick's playing it by ear as well. He basically told Deanna that he killed people to protect his family. She's been warned. While on the porch with Daryl and Carol, he just spoke what was on his mind...If things "things didn't work out", THEY would have to run the place. I don't think he was deliberately excluding anyone. D and C. happened to be there when the convo went in that direction.

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Then be prepared to be disappointed:shining:

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I loved Carol in this episode. Every time I saw her in the cardigan, it made me laugh. How surprised are the Alexandrians going to be when the lunch lady goes full Rambo and blows them to smithereens? ;)

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree..

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I loved how Carol "fibbed" a little, in her interview. She is one smart woman.
    But if you think about it, can you imagine her opening up, on all the things she did?
    "I bashed my husband's head in, before he turned"
    "I killed 2 people, because they had the flu"
    "I shot a little girl in the head, because she only wanted friends"
    "I am solely responsible for the fall of another sanctuary"

Yeah, that would go over well.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's not really the best move by Deanna to bring in such a large group of battle tested Survivors into her community. Carol and Carl have already sized up the Alexandria people as weak. They could easily take over that community if they wanted to. I'm sure it's a calculated risk on Deanna's part since she realizes that they badly need tougher, more resourceful people. But I wouldn't have made the same gamble if Rick's group appeared on my doorstep.

20. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

I know, right? I'm more scared of Rick and his group than any other villains we've encountered on the show.