Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Quit Smoking Journal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PepperAnn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well, I smoked my last cigarette on the way in to work this morning. It's weird not having any in my purse. I will use this thread to chronicle this journey. Successes and hopefully no failures. Screaming, punching, crying. It'll all be right here. Ugh

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Congratulations in advance!:) You'll do fine:), it'll just be unpleasant for awhile.:(:mad::(

You could also do some fun things like chewing on an uncoated baby aspirin or garlic clove if you need to take your mind off it.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PepperAnn

Ugh, I am on break right now. I should be sitting out at the picnic table but I am powering through it.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

GO FOR A WALK ON YOUR NEXT BREAK!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I agree with Dnae, go for a walk or something. You need an activity to take your mind off of it.

Good luck Wendy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PepperAnn

Yeah I will probably do that. I hate just sitting here through my break. Feels like I didn't really take one.

7. PepperAnn

Well, I had 3 hours and 45 minutes. Now I am back to minute one. :eek:

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

ohhhh, and it begins!! The world is your oyster now on your lunch breaks! A whole new macrocosm of possibilities has been unleashed. So many things to do, its like an adventure! You could put your thumb in your mouth and plug your nose and then blow out as hard as you can to see if your hair stands up!

You can play 'Will My Belly Button Hold That?', where your coworkers hand you various objects from their desks and place bets on whether or not you can hold them in your belly button for 30 seconds.

You can adopt a dog named Boobswiggle and let it loose at a farmer's market, and then run through the crowd yelling "who's seen my Boobswiggle???"

You will finally be introduced to all of these things that non smokers do.

My mom quit smoking in 2007 after developing breast cancer and started feeling and acting a good 15 years younger. She even joined a gym and started swimming and doing all kinds of those coordinated exercise classes they do, and one day she even felt like she was only about 2, and she ran around grabbing everything in sight and yelling "MINE!".

But one serious thing I think you can do on your breaks is start teaching yourself the rules to Tamerlane Chess. Make your goal that we will play an online game of Tamerlane Chess by April 3rd.

Its good you made this thread too, because now you have to live up to it, or face oodles of public shame!

#8 Neuropyramidal, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Relapsing already? Tsk. How is it that you still have access? The following link will direct you to a complete set of rules for Tamerlane Chess. These rules, rarely found in such a complete state online, were researched and written by yours truly, so you will no doubt find them to be impeccable.

In a few hours your first Tamerlane Chess Quiz will commence. No joke

https://tamerlaneschess.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/the-rules-of-tamerlane-chess/

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

PepperAnn, How does that 3 hours and 45 minutes compare to your normal smoking spacing? I bet it is better than your usual in-between time. Just keep at it. Don't give up! You are dealing with a drug that hates you and wants to win.

11. PepperAnn

I bummed one from a coworker. LOL

I am NOT gonna learn how to play Tamerline Chess!!! I can't even play real chess!

12. PepperAnn

Oh I am not giving up. Usually by now I have had like 4 ciggies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Sounds like you need to make your coworkers promise not to give you one. ;). And oh yes you are learning to play Tamerlane Chess! You can start by learning regular chess. And if that's too advanced, start with checkers. And if that's too advanced, start by sliding a salt shaker back and forth between your hands. Where you start is up to you, but your destination is Tamerlane.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. PepperAnn

15. Neuropyramidal

I could not having stated it more wisely myself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Oh, I just thought of another thing you could do! You could work on a Mad Lib for us!!

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn here is a list of the positives I have experienced since quitting:

1. The smell of food is overwhelming. You just think you can smell food when you smoke - but you have actually forgotten what it is to REALLY smell the delicious scents from your kitchen

2. Still on food - the taste of food will be more pronounced WITHOUT having to add a ton of seasoning

3. I no longer wake myself up at night while coughing up half a lung

4. My clothes no longer have that stale smell. Again, you may think that your clothes do not smell....but they do!

5. I can once again take a deep breath without it being followed by a cough

6. My car does not smell like a musty ashtray

7. I no longer have a "reason" to stand outside in the sweltering summers just so I can ingest toxins into my body

Hint:

For every day you do not smoke take what ever $ you would have spent on a pack of cigarettes, physically take that same amount in cash and put it in a jar. At the end of a set goal (i.e. one month; two months; yada yada yada) take that cash and buy yourself an "atta girl" gift! Seeing that money each and every day will give you a bit more encouragement to continue on the path

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's going to be tough, but you're a grown woman. Don't give up!!! If you fall down, get back up and start over. Take it out on other people. Snap yourself with a rubber band a couple of times, something.

Most importantly, Don't lose sight of the big picture. You don't want this to be your future:

[​IMG]

19. PepperAnn

20. PepperAnn

WTH. None of my posts are posting. Lol