Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Random Daily Chit-Chat Thread...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheesyBirdMess, Oct 8, 2014.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

View of the Mississippi from my office. Flood stage here in New Orleans is 17 feet. The river is currently at 16.5 feet. The river is leaking through the levee in Marerro, which is just a few miles from the city.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh no!!!! Ugh stay safe.

3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Thanks Pepper. State officials are warning us in Louisiana to prepare for flooding. The Morganza Spillway is supposed to be opened this weekend to help Baton Rouge, which in turn will help us in NOLA.

This is the river in Baton Rouge - scary high [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PepperAnn

WOW. That IS scary!

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Do we have anyone left in the forum who lives in southern California? It seems their 5 1/2-miles-deep 6.4 earthquake today was big enough to be exciting but not serious enough to do major damage or take lives. That's just how I like them. :)

Nope, certainly doesn't get to me. I don't know if it was even felt in Fresno, which is midway in California.

https://www.sbsun.com/2019/07/04/6-...dino-county-is-felt-throughout-the-southland/

#5225 Lindigo, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. Lindigo

Las Vegas certainly felt it, and even Mexico. They are just now reporting the epicenter was in the Mohave desert, 11 miles out of Ridgecrest. The reason we see so many astonishing rock formations in the Arizona desert is that it never gets rocked by earthquakes that would bring down formations called names like Standing Rock. (I don't know what the Mohave looks like. Deserts bore me to death. That's the best possible place to have an earthquake, if you ask me.)

What I am enjoying is the reporting on how people came together to support each other, how it brings out the best in us. This is the world after a disaster as I have always experienced it, and why I didn't believe the immediate societal collapse scenario for our favorite apocalypse.

8. PepperAnn

DietWater was smack dab in the middle of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Lindigo

How is he coping? Is his house okay? (or her....)

10. PepperAnn

Yeah, he was at a steakhouse at the time and the waitress was bringing their food up and he was thinking, bitch don't drop my steak. LOL

Typical DietWater. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Get stoned. Eat good food. Share great laughs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

@Lindigo My Mini Cooper died today. :(

13. Lindigo

Oh no! How old was it? Was it the transmission?

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

2008 and yes! What do you know that I don't? Is this a typical Mini problem?

I might get it fixed. I might buy another one. I don't know yet. I will see what the repair bill is first. Sometimes the repair costs are so high, you gotta just move on.

15. Lindigo

Yeah, the transmission is notoriously bad for Mini Coopers. I went ahead and bought one because I drive manual, and it was the automatic that had the bad rating. But even my manual is starting to get fussy, and mine is only a 2013.

This is the sort of thing that makes me jeer at the idea of superior German engineering. In this day and age, what excuse can there be for not getting the transmission right. And since it has had that bad reputation and never gets better, I suspect planned obsolescence or indifference. I had a wonderful loaner that made me long to get a new Mini, SQUEEEE, but I don't think I would actually. Lesson learned. I'll never regret buying it, but I think I have the adorability factor out of my system. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm in the same boat. The local Mini Dealer here LOVES to give out the loaners because all of the Mini Coopers 2016 and newer are amazing! They loaned me a Countryman and I know they are doing a full court press to get me to buy new.

I love my Mini but I'm a pickup truck at heart. So if the bill to get this fixed is too high, then I'm going to cut my losses finance a truck. I bought the Mini in January 2014 and it's all paid for.

I bought it because I used to have a 60 mile round trip for work everyday and that was when gas cost $4.50/gallon or whatever it was. I was paying $350 a month for gas in my old truck.

Now, I work out of my house mostly and gas prices are lower. I don't mind having a more environmentally friendly vehicle, but since I'm driving so little, that's not really a factor anymore.

We'll see. I'll keep you posted with more updates as this plays out.

17. Lindigo

My next dream car plan makes people go
    [​IMG] ,
    but I fell in love with it when I wanted to drive my Dad's coffin 4 hours up north. The funeral home said I wanted a Dodge Grand Caravan, and they were right! It seats 7, but the second and third row fold into the floor leaving a completely flat and carpeted cargo interior.

I can use it for simple overnight stealth camping. It fits a queen-sized mattress. I found a tri-fold mattress that, when folded, would store behind the third row when all of the seats are up. That's really all I would need--luxury room to stretch out at night. It saves me from the retired person's folly of thinking about an RV.

It has all sorts of built in storage nooks and crannies, including in the ceiling.

So, if you want a sort-of pick-up that is fully enclosed and would also work as a family car, who knows--it could be your car, too. We could go through life as vehicle twins. LOL

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

HA! We used to own a 2004 Chrysler Town & Country 1st Gen. with Stow n' Go. That's the sister vehicle to the Dodge Grand Caravan. Too funny.

I used to be able to fit FULL BOARDS of 4x8 5/8" plywood and sheet rock into the bed of the van. It fits an insane amount of cargo.

It was a great vehicle and we'd still own it today if it weren't for us getting t-boned by a teenager who forgot the "Look Left- right- then left again" rule when turning left onto a street.

Soooooo.... you know what we should do?!?!?!? Buy motorcycles! I'll let you pick the brand and then I'll go out and buy the same one. Scout's honor. Let's do this!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lindigo

OMG! We ARE vehicle twins!! That's hilarious. :D

Mmmm, I'll have to think about motorcycles.... lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My daughters treated me to a day of painting. Painting with a Twist was doing one that I liked, so we spent the day together. It was the afternoon, and my one daughter rode her motorcycle there, so no drinking. We still had a lot of fun.
    Here is the end result
    [​IMG]the 3 ladies on the right, were also in the class [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 4