Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Random Daily Chit-Chat Thread...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheesyBirdMess, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

What a lucky guy. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

OMG I want a Puma now!

4. Lindigo

ME, TOO!!!! :):):):):)

What about you, @PepperAnn ?

5. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Thank you to all of the veterans who have served our wonderful country - I am forever grateful to you!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I want an anteater and a sloth. What do you think? I want a damn zoo. LOL

That video was so sweet.

7. Lindigo

I thought maybe you would want to add a puma to your zoo. :)I watched more videos of Messi. They bought/rescued him from a zoo and took care of his multiple medical problems, showering him with love.

The PBS series The Durrells in Corfu just ended, and last night there was a special on What Happened Next to the Durrells. The youngest, who had brought home every creature he ever met, went on to become a premier world-renowned zoologist. He loved every animal as an individual and respected its eccentricities and wishes as he nurtured them and saved hundreds of species from extinction. His philosophy became the lodestone for modern zoos.

The oldest, the writer, was in the running for the Nobel for literature at one point, but he was ultimately rejected as a contender because of the sex, sex, sex. Still, he was one of the renowned British authors in his day. He encouraged the youngest to also write, and Gerry finally did. His books were so popular they funded his ability to save animals with his reserve/zoo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I saw that special. I found it fascinating. There wasn’t much info presented on Leslie, except that he ended up in Kenya. The way he liked to shoot, I hope he didn’t become a big game hunter. :confused:

9. Lindigo

Yes, a friend and I were talking about the show and she said the same thing. The series showed so much love and loss for Leslie, we were hoping he would become a happy family man.

The sunbathing pic of Margo was adorable. I have a friend who is very much the same sort of free spirit. She collects everyone she meets, so her parties have wildly varied people and are great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

I didn’t want to put this in the television threads cause I’m too lazy to look for an Amazon Prime one, but I’ve been binge watching their original series for the past couple of weeks.
    I just want to rave about Fleabag. One of the quirkiest, funniest, imaginative and sexy shows out there. Complete in two seasons which made me just about lose my mind, lol, the second season was brilliant. Along with the returning cast members, Andrew Scott was THE sexiest priest ever! He was so good as his character played off Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s making for some scenes I will never forget.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lindigo

I hear so many good things about it, but I will have to wait for a freebie week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. purriwinkle

Went with my daughter to the Alphonse Mucha: Master of Art Nouveau exhibition at the art gallery (MAG). I’ve always liked art nouveau and this guy’s work was lovely. I purchased a book of his pics and some magnets for the fridge. This was one, of many, that was on display:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. PepperAnn

I just heard of these in the last couple weeks because my coworker got one for Christmas too. You would think it'd be hot but apparently it's not. She said she uses it every day too. She said it's very comforting. I need one. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Heh. I'm very familiar with weighted blankets. We've gotten them for my child who lives with Autism. The extra weight is helpful to him for therapeutic and sensory needs.

Then my wife started getting some for herself. Then of course my other children wanted one since their mom and their brother had some. Monkey see, monkey do. lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. Morgotha

It's strange, but every day for the first second you're under the covers you think, "wow, this is heavy" and then you forget about it and snuggle in. It really is a must-have!;)

I don't know if it would be too hot in the summer though, especially down South, but I can say that in the Winter it's great!:)

#5296 Morgotha, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  17. Morgotha

Hee hee, yes, that's the way it goes, I'm afraid. On the plus side, if you have to buy them something, at least you've gotten them something they like and use!

18. PepperAnn

Do you use one?

19. PepperAnn

Yeah I was wondering about that after I posted what I did seeing as how I am in Texas. But my coworker said it's just fine so I dunno. I am a sheet or nothing kinda sleeper. LOL

20. Morgotha

I like a couple of big blankets, regardless, and, well, like they say, "that's why God made air conditioning". They ARE nice, though.:)