Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 913 - Chokepoint' started by Sharpie61, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Did it do wonders, or did it choke

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I give it a 5.

3. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I loved this episode. Maybe a 9?

Connie and Daryl are great together. She's smart, she's deadly accurate with her weapon and she doesn't take any crap. She should teach everyone ASL. Perfect tactical advantage.

The way things went with the Highwaymen was a surprise. Carol at her best. She does an amazing job at reading people. I hope it doesn't bite them in the ass.

Henry annoyed me less than usual. That was nice.

My only complaint is that I don't believe Daryl would walk away without checking to see if Beta splattered or not. A few well placed arrows would have been nice. Just to make sure. They obviously needed Beta's story to continue because he's too interesting to take out too soon, but I don't believe Daryl wouldn't take precautions to assure that he was dead.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8.5 on first viewing. I liked how Connie stood up to Daryl when he's wrong, and even Dog followed her!

The fight between Daryl and Beta was great, right up until the end. I never believed for a single second that he died in the fall.Not sure why Daryl would have, he should have just put an arrow in his head to be safe.

LOVED Carol getting the Highwaymen to join up by offering them movies. She just gets better and better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A 6 from me. But only because I like the idea of the Highway men. This is something the survivors should have had for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

That wasn't believable that Daryl wouldn't make sure he was dead. Beta has to survive for more story. I'm calling him Michael Myers now...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

not a fan of the highway dudes but willing to keep an open mind and see how it plays out

The fight scene was fun to watch. And yeah, the actor is a big dude. As of now though his character is proving to be exactly what I had feared about the whisperers...too comic book esque. Alpha is a far more intriguing character and surpasses Beta on the oh shit I crapped my pants creepy scale.

Overall I give this episode an 7.5 but will round up to an 8.0 for the presence of Dog and Connie

#7 Dnae, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ugh, Highway Men bugged me. Not sure why yet but that whole storyline was dumb for me.

LOVED the fight. Been waiting for that forever and it delivered.

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread. Beta was laying motionless with a pool of blood coming from his head. Short of jumping down and checking a pulse, Daryl would have assumed he was dead. Sure he didn't even give him a second look, but if he had, he still would have assumed he died.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I've been very critical of the previous two episodes because I felt they were often dumb and very disappointing compared to the first half of the season.

This one was MUCH better. I'll give it a 9/10.

My only complaint is that Beta survived that fall. Yes, he is an interesting and intimidating character, but:

1) nobody would have survived that fall
    2) his death would have been a huge surprise
    3) Darryl's reply "good, we'll kill him first" was my favorite thing from the whole episode and it would have been epic for it to just come true, no stress...

The rest was very good. I hated the whole light bulb adventure, but I now understand why they made such a big fuss out of it. It makes no sense that the Highwaymen would accept a deal based on seeing a few movies - the fact everybody was willing to die to get that light bulb makes it a little more acceptable. I winced a little, but in the end, that was ok.

As for Beta being cartoonish, yes for sure. As of now, he has absolutely no credibility as a human being (I like the Michael Myers comparison), but so does Alpha, and I prefer the big guy!

Connie, Dog, Henry, Lydia,.. great stuff, they managed to get some character development through the more action packed sequences...

11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Really liked the Highway men and the notion that there are still people around who believe in good grammar and non GMO hahaha

Beta was awesome, could have been a cooler confrontation I think, but the vibe was good!

Didn't like Connie in the building somehow ducking and not getting a knife in the head, even though she couldn't have heard the threat.

I like Daryl's attitude with Lydia and Henry.

12. PepperAnn

The highway men caving for a couple movies reminds me of rabid dogs rolling over and smiling and panting for a couple belly rubs.

13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

What about a wolf?

[​IMG]

I think they were fake rabid, just puppies, and Carol saw through it right away.

14. PepperAnn

I'll go with that.

Also that wolf is gorgeous.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

On the Talking Dead she (Lauren Ridloff) talked about that scene and pointed out that we can see (as did Connie) a quick flash of light that alerts her to someone behind her

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Connie saw the shadow. I only noticed it on my 2nd viewing but it's there.

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

8 for the first time in ages i was afraid for Daryl. Beta is a beast and terrifies me. (salute Ryan Hurst).
    i have a new girl crush, its Connie shes awesome.
    still henry's character gets on my last nervenerve, how has he grown up so sheltered?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rust

Rust Member

Back to TWD after a long long time away. The show is better than it's been in years. Excellent and exciting episode, highly rated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I've now watched both 12 and 13. So just three to go. I really enjoyed the Daryl vs. Beta fight, but I'm not a fan of the near supernatural power they're giving Beta. He would've died falling down that shaft, or at the very least broken enough bones that it'd be impossible for him to climb out of there.

Judith continues to be great, but Henry is extremely annoying.

Connie is a great addition to the show and I like the dynamic of her traveling with Daryl.

The highwaymen don't seem like a good fit. They feel like they belong on Fear.

Overall I'm enjoying the back half and will probably watch 14 and then the final two back to back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PepperAnn

I might as well have written this post. LOL

• Like Like x 2