Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - The Little Prince' started by Sharpie61, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yea or nay

The truth is out there

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The opening minutes are yet another moment brought to you by TDFFWA otherwise known as Teenage Dreamers FanFiction Writers of America. I wanted to hurl a brick at my television.

Morgan and Alicia scenes are still okay, in regard to acting.

Dwight and John together are far more watchable than John and June. Though Dwight would be even more watchable if he were back in Alexandria earning his stripes to aid Daryl with the whisperers

With that said, who wants to place a bet on how long they are going to drag out this Dwight Has to find Sherry mission so that John has yet another reason to talk about his quest to find June

Speaking of yammering on and on. June continues to mend peoples physical beings all the while droning on and on about how she knows said person wants to run because she once wanted to run until Sir John of Texas opened her eyes to love

I do not care about the nuclear plant worker woman

Dwight vaguely references Daryl and that is the best part of the episode

And the why of the gaggle of kids is revealed. No shocking revelations here. Not sure if the sob story was suppose to offer me, as a viewer, a reason to connect to them but as has become expected with this show I had to fight the urge to fast forward. I swear the sob stories the contestants share on The Voice are less annoying

I suppose if in fact this does prove to be the end of the Sherry search mission then I should be thankful that it is not allowed to meander along being allowed to die a slow and painful death as every other character arc on this show. But deep inside, where it counts, I know that Sherry will more than likely appear in the back half of the season. Just as Dwight is about to be strangled by an errant Anaconda, Sherry will show up in the knick of time navigating her yellow submarine from the depths of a Texas bayou

And now the most ridiculous of all scenarios plays out. I am at the end of my snarky rope with this one. A fu*cking hot air balloon that of course Strand figured out how to pilot AND chose to risk the life of the child in their group by allowing her to tag along with him on hiss most excellent adventure

A first for me. A rating below a 4. As much as I love Dwight this show is going to ruin that character for me. And for that reason alone I could justify a low rating. BUT TPTB must have wanted to make sure that my low rating could be justified so they gave me about 44 minutes of material to make that happen

I give this one a whopping 2 out of 10

Back in the TWD thread I usually find myself saving my 10 for that episode that is perfect to me.

With this show, this season, I am saving my rating of 1 out of 10 for that most horrible of episodes. I have faith I will be given reason to use it.

#2 Dnae, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I am so tempted to read that spoiler tag..... (didn't realize that by quoting you it would appear, but managed not to read it anyway!).

Damn you make it sound like tonight's gonna be long and boring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Do not pay heed to my words....

I am rather jaded where this series is concerned and am hard pressed to find the positives.

Also I had no clue that by quoting my post the spoiler tag would be ineffective. Will keep that in mind for future rants

• Like Like x 1
  5. NakedCity

It only appears in the box where you write your own post, so it's pretty easy to avoid reading. Anyway, It's not like I had too much hope for tonight.

At this point, we're all a little stubborn. Junkies hoping to get that first fix back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Based on Dnae's preview review, I am probably going to love this episode, lol, but I have already deducted one full point for the title.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NakedCity

The good: Dorie & Dwight were away from the stupid plane plan.

The bad: pretty much everything else.

The ugly (also refered to as the Z Nation): the flying beer bottle.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Are they serious with this? I said going into the episode that the writing is so bad they would find a way for the group to get together to fix the plane, I never in a million years thought that would actually happen.

The writing in this series is so terrible I'm expecting an episode to focus on Morgan being locked inside a car trying to get the keys on the ground.

Here's a spoiler warning for you, Dwight will find the letter John is hiding from him and conflict will ensue. Did I watch a future episode? Nope. Did I read spoilers? Nope. The writing is so GD terrible it's actually boringly predictable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was pretty bad. I was hoping there would be sweet romance for me, courtesy of the TDFFWA, but I honestly don't even remember what the opening moments were now.

I was half expecting the propeller to fly off and kill at least one of the kids, so I guess I am the one person who cannot predict where the story is going. Maybe it's just that I would like to be rid of them.

The only good thing about the ridiculous balloon would be if it made them stop the ridiculous attempt to build an airplane.

I still expect to enjoy the inevitable moment when Sherry and Dwight are reunited. At this moment, that's all I can think of that I'm looking forward to.

I can't even rate this episode. It's too depressing to think about it....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Whoa, I know now beyond a shadow of doubt that the end of times is nigh

I mean, I had glimpses during season 9. Signs that something was amiss.

And now it has come full circle.

In season 9 of TWD Erik Kaine of Forbes actually had positive reviews for the season (and rightly so!!!). What strange dimension had I travelled to, unknowingly, where Erik Kaine was inclined to heap any amount of praise on TWD?

But now this next event is just too much.

Oh it is easy to agree with him when he is singing the praises of my favorite tv show.

But it is scary AF to agree with him when he is ragging on a show that just two seasons (let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for season 3 and Dave Erickson) ago was great. And boy does he rag on this episode of Fear (again, rightly so). And I agree with him.......AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...another-terrible-boring-episode/#616fc85c3911

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was so ridiculous when they were all working to fix the plane that I said, this show can't get much worse than this. But then they quickly proved me wrong before the hour was out by having Strand arrive with the propeller in a BALLOON.

Then you have all the nonsense going on with the nuclear power plant and the small generator she's going to use to stop a meltdown. If only they'd had a generator at Chernobyl, disaster could've been averted. It also makes no sense that she has been able to keep one of the reactors running for a few years. Previously I thought the plant was basically shutdown and she was just dealing with the cleanup. This makes it all even more unbelievable.

Why has Sherry been leaving notes for Dwight all across the country instead of waiting for him in one spot? Then she just stops?!?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NakedCity

Didn't even see the bottle was just a flat balloon, can't find any image of it online, I need to rewatch!!

13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Literally the only good part of the episode was Dwight talking about Daryl.

As that was happening I thought to myself "Why is *this* making me happy? He's just vaguely talking about Daryl." Then I remembered it's because every other scene in the episode was complete cranial diarrhea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was the only bit that I found remotely engaging

The series has gone beyond the ridiculous. And comparing it to ZNation (at this point in time) is a slap in the face to ZNation and I could not stand that show. But at least that show knew what it was and they played to that. This series now has no f*ckin clue what it is. I swear to god if this thing is picked up for season 6 I will riot in my own quiet way. I hate to think what this shite show of a season may do to muck up season 10 of TWD

• Like Like x 1
  15. NakedCity

Damn that positivity zenish thing didn't last long :)

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lasted longer than this season deserves
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

But I was rather harsh wasn't I????:D:cool::p????

Oh well
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I guess I can understand why John held the letter back. Because Dwight was getting positive and he didn't want to ruin that for him? We all know that's going to go badly.
    Why did he read the letter in the first place, though? Rude.
    Sherry leads Dwight halfway across the country and then decides to just stop and disappear? How about just staying somewhere for awhile and see if he shows up. It's FTWD. You'll bump into him.
    The best I can hope for there is that John is only holding off showing him until they're back with the group. For June's support maybe? The longer he waits, the messier it's going to be.
    That guy that Sherry wrote about having to kill. Wasn't that the same guy that Dwight said was already dead the last time he passed through there? I'm relatively sure he said that.
    How long ago was that I wonder? And how big is this area they're stuck in?
    The flying beer bottle. Cue the cat with the eye roll. I'm guessing that Skid has moved on by now, correctly assuming that these people are idiots.
    Since this is FTWD, my expectations are very low. I'll accept that they got it in the air, with heavy propellers attached, and managed to direct it towards their friends, even though that seems ludicrous.
    My biggest problem with that was the landing. Crash land, see the dead (that Morgan has radioed are poisonous)
    shambling towards you and.... just stand there.
    Shades of Nick and Alicia just sitting in a car at the stadium with gas in it and letting the dead surround you.
    These aren't the dead from Z Nation or Black Summer. They move at a glacial pace. Run. Just run. Pay attention to where the propellers are so you can come back with reinforcements and run. Rip off some pieces of clothing and leave a trail to follow back to the downed balloon.
    How did these people survive so long.
    Maybe Grace will pass by them and help?
    I understand why the kids took off. They don't know about the next impending meltdown and I sympathize with Annie thinking these people are nuts. I don't care much for that kid, but I would think that too.
    I suppose I'd take my chances and get in their pieced together crap plane rather than being caught in a massive meltdown, though.
    You know that, against all odds, they'll get the plane in the air. Probably with a toxic dust cloud on their tail.
    Then I suppose the second half of the season will be them retaking 'their' warehouse? Possibly with the kid squad?
    Here's where I'm still confused. And frustrated.
    There's a mountain, at least one washed out bridge and "blocked roads". Blocked with what?
    Sherry got in. Dwight got in. How? Was it before these roads became impassible? Since her note mentioned the coming storm, I'll assume that took out the roadways and bridges. So, how long have Sherry and Dwight been in this area and somehow not bumped into each other?
    I'm guessing that whatever is blocking the road, they could walk around it and have the others with their big trucks waiting on the other side. I'm going to assume this is possible until they offer some alternative explanation as to why that wouldn't work.
    Maybe they'll get back to the warehouse and put aside their "we need to help everyone" mantra and kick some ass. But that would ruin their precious "redemption arc", wouldn't it?
    I really want to like this show, but it's getting harder and harder to stick with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

First time I ever fell asleep while watching. A low 2 for me

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 2
  20. NakedCity

Dorie hold on to the letter because he knows that dumb Sherry can't be very far, unless she too has a plane.

• Like Like x 2