Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate The Damn Episode, NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2015.

?

Rate it now.

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. 9

10 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. 8

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. 7

28 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. 6

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. 5

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  8. I went to poop and didn't pause the DVR

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  9. 2

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I went w/ a 5. Would have been lower if not for the sewer walkers. The Rick/Jessie kiss was totally anti-climactic.

Kinda like the shell-shocked Deanna. Tovah ( Terry ) Feldshuh is a remarkable actress, and communicated so much with little dialog.

2. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I wouldnt go with epic or even amazing like I said upthread but it was still good. Ive watched it twice already today and it was fine. Im liking this season better then last season for definate. I felt like the Rick and Jessie interactions were less awkward, even if I do think its stupid. I loved to see the different ways these people are dealing with the crises they are facing. Its sink or swim. The main scene that was a stand out for me was when Deanna was taking the food stuffs back and she lost the plot on that walker. This scene kind of reminded me of when Rick had lost the plot when they first arrived and was all bloody after the fight with Pete. This time Rick was the sane one. He seems so level headed and she's sinking.

I actually think there was SO much going on in each episode and thats what Im liking, I think they are handling all this way better then they handled the beginning of series 5. I dont know what the difference is, but the difference is like night and day to me. Maybe its different directors, or writers or whatever. Beginning of season 5 was so clumsy to me, this is nothing like that. This season is awesome. I do sometimes feel like its rushed a little bit. Like they dont have time to deal with developing certain characters, like Nicholas, like they used to in earlier seasons, so they are just killing red shirts left, right and center.

I liked Ron in this episode. I actually think the actor playing him is pretty good. I think his manorisms are similar to his moms even. And Sam, I really like Sam, I dont want him to die... I think this was the first episode I liked Jessie... no, I liked her for the first time when she killed the Wolf in her house, I like where she's going.

Spencer, what a ... He's a jerk. What a jerk!

I actually welled up when Maggie told Aaron she's pregnant. Thats what it was meant to do and it worked.

Good stuff.

#42 WhatThe..., Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. Brian and Pris

605 "now"

Boring episode. How do you not have Carol and Morgan both in Rick's ear about the wolves, etc? How do you move on to before unseen characters that are clear filler (in the vain of Lost) and not even address the actual story? Just strange, strange choice of script. What is the plan with Carl by the way? That kid is the most underused character in the series - I don't mean screen time I mean in thoughtful character development. He should be ruthless not limp wristed! That kid would be harder than Carol but....anyway, frustrating episode that is made frustrated because we know how good they can write.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Gave it a 10. Lot of great stuff happened.

We saw Spencer step up to the plate as a leader, but found out he has a big flaw.

Deanna and Jessie both have decided to be survivors.

Maggie and Carl both choose to pursue their own interests rather than help the group, and end up in different places than they were.

Aaron comes to terms with himself.

Maggie announces she's pregnant.

Rick seems willing to fill Deanna's shoes when she abdicates her position to him.

Rick and Jessie, Tara and Denise (maybe), looking towards the future.

How much more can you ask from an episode?

5. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

not a bad ep, it was ok my attention wandered a few times. I felt that it set up future storylines but left many questions unanswered.

Ie; how did Rick get out of the RV?

6. LMT

LMT Member

I gave it a seven

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Lame. 5.0.... I've seen everything in this episode a million times already. The "I want to live" scene has been played out several times already.... This episode is a Classic example of why the show works best when they are on the road. Too many red shirts sucking up boring screen time..

#47 mtito914, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Tara has a disgusting Rat Face.. Her character is sooo over the top, it's as if a 12 year old is developing her character and writing all her lines..

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

It's good that you're in touch with your feelings. It's soooo important.

10. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

a 6. I'm not interested in the alexandrians. If the scene didn't involve the main group then I probably skipped over it.

11. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I thought it was going to be good because I liked the opening with Rick running into to ASZ but other than the Maggie/Aaron sceens, it was mostly downhill for me. Not sure what is up with Rick, he is acting strange and where was Carol, Michonne, Daryl, ect? Not to mention, dragging Glen's fate out. I am really tired of all the Alexandra peeps and other than Aaron and Enid, they need to go away. I have never been a big fan of Deanna (liked her in other things though), and now she is acting too unstable and childlike. I think they should all join Sam in his unchanged upstairs, lol. Unfortunately, they have taken screen time and away from the main cast but then that might of just been the plan. That way the writers/directors could concentrate on FTWD as I wondered way back then.
    Well next week is suppose to be about Daryl, at least that is what they are promoting but we will see, as I wonder how much effort he has given, given his new show, movies, ect. It appears that it is now all about the dollar and letting a show go down that got them there might not be a big concern, at least for some of them.

12. Thorax

Thorax New Member

"Balance sheet" episode.

Solid 7.

I agree about Tara.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Meh. 4.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

The show is starting to get redundant- maybe time to break out the Liberty Bell.

15. tehwalkingdead

I gave it an 8 but that was probably a little generous to be honest. I was just so glad it wasn't a standalone episode where we get to know Maggies past on the farm and how it shaped how she is now.

SOmeone else already mentioned it, this was a filler episode nothing really happened. The Glenn thing isn't an enthralling cliffhanger, its just annoying, stop pissing about with standalones and filler and tell the story already.

Aaron and Maggie thing was decent, wasn't totally sure in the point of Jessie having her little speech outside the house with the Zombie, what on earth was Deanna doing when she walked up to the gate and gave it a little rub?

16. Brian and Pris

Ha! Funny.
    i never thought about grading on the zombie-curve. Valid.

Oh crud, I was trying to respond to a post. I'm new :)

17. swscully

swscully Member

I gave it a 9. Its a solid seven, actually, but considering how bad last week was, I was desperate for something more.

18. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I gave it an 8...not spectacular but developing characters and plot as we build towards an action packed finale again!

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I am looking at it subjectively...yes, they are developing characters..but very lame characters.

20. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Personally I think Deanna is a great character.

Just a shame she probably wont be here much longer.