Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Realism

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Smokey H1Z1, May 10, 2014.

1. Smokey H1Z1

Smokey H1Z1 Member

I'm not sure but did they say if H1Z1 would have things like ripped clothing, blood on clothing from injuries, and so on? Things to make it seem more realistic?

2. Agent

Agent Member

Well all of the things you named in any other game would be part of the graphics with no effect on the gameplay, but since this is a zombie-survival kind of game i'd bet that those are the graphical representations "debuffs" or things that make the gameplay harder, like running slower because you got shot in the leg, for example.

I'm down for that >:D

3. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I haven't heard anything atleast.

While it would be cool to have things like that, I definately think that they should spend their time on more important stuff at the moment. If they do want to make something like that possible in the future, it should be of low priority compared to making the gameplay better.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

Well it might add a bit to the appeal of the game. I mean, you'd see zombie games where characters clothes get stained with blood whenever they're injured. Yeah, having injuries that can make you go slower could be a great addition to the game.

5. Agent

Agent Member

It's kind of iconic too, isn't it? Seeing the hero covered with blood after fighting off a horde of zombies, classic zombie movie imagery. Hey, anything that makes the player feel more of a badass is cool with me, besides on this day and age, why not? I'm sure the game can handle it with no problem.

6. mark973

mark973 Member

I haven't heard anything about that but it would sure be awesome if they did include all of those things. It would really add to the realism.

7. Panda H1Z1

Panda H1Z1 New Member

I haven't heard anything about it, I've read some suggestions about that sort of things though and am 100% for support of it. I'm sure they will, to compete with the bigger zombie games these graphics will help them push through and grow larger than other zombie games.

8. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

Well, according to Smedley players will be able to repair and damage their gear. I don't know whether that applies to clothing as well but yeah, I'd like that, players should not have to open the inventory just to check how damaged their clothing is, it should be visible on the model. As to blood - I'm sure that they will do it, it's a standard feature in any game striving for some realism.

9. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

This could be a nice addition to the game, as WhiteAsh mentioned above, for quickly checking the status of your gear without looking at menus. But I don't know if the game will have Havok or something similar to simulste physics, as doing that work on ripped clothing would be very taxing.
    Blood would be cool, but not as much as Dragon Age Origins characters have on them after killing a few simple rats, hehe :D . Having bleeding could be useful for checking if your character is really losing blood, again without looking at menus.

10. theninjawoohoo

theninjawoohoo New Member

Bloody players would be a great addition to the game. Since this whole game revolves around zombies, bites must definitely slow players if they are infected. Make every hit by a zombie count. Like every single thing that the character gets hurt make it brutal.