Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Resident Evil HD Remaster PS4 Help? I'm stuck!:-(

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by Junking87, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Hey all, just got this game and so far I've been liking it. I'm a 'new generation' RE fan, my first one being RE4. Love RE5 and 6 is okay. Only older one I've played and beat was Code Veronica X. While I'm digging the creepy mansion vibe, this game is kinda frustrating. SOOOOO MUCHHH BACK TRACKINGGGGG. I'm in the mansion right now stuck on two separate puzzles. One involves two bee specimens and a fish hook. Apparently, you are supposed to combine both bees and then attach the hook to it, place it on the wall, and then hit the switch. Welp, I got one bee and the fish hook. Didn't realize there was another bee specimen on the other wall. So I combined the fish hook with the yellow bee and now it won't let me combine it with the other one. It also will not allow me to remove the hook so that I can combine them. I tried just putting the fish hooked bee on the wall and then trying to place the other one with it but the game will not allow me to do that. Does anybody know of anything else I can do? Because right now, it's looking like I'm going to have to restart this whole game because of it. Sigh.

The second puzzle is the basement/kitchen elevator. I see that it will lead me upstairs into another room that i currently have no access to. It says that the elevator has no power. Now, I read somewhere that there's a battery or something and a switch in a water filled room. However, I have not found any such room and battery. Can anyone help me enjoy the rest of this game?

2. Alex Wesker

Alex Wesker New Member

Hey there Junking! Nothing wrong with a "new generation" RE fan, I am sort of in-between myself. My first was the REmake back in 2002, so I was one game short of the cut-off date on "old school RE's" if one were to count Resident Evil Zero afterwards. Maybe second gen is the proper term? Either way, I've played them all...

Haha, yeah the backtracking is pretty heavy in the original RE. Granted it can be limited on subsequent playthroughs with proper paths (specifically when you come back to the mansion later in the game). Enough banter on my end...I know this post is over a month old but hey, maybe you still need the help, hm? =)

That puzzle in particular requires the following - you combine the hook with the Golden Bee Lure, then you place that with the other lures (should be on the wall with the door, on the far left). Once that's placed, take the Bee Specimen (which is the regular bee) and place it in the case on the right wall. The game doesn't have to be restarted btw, you're supposed to only be able to combine the hook with the Golden Bee and not the regular bee. After you've placed both the lure and the bee specimen in the proper locations, hit the switch under the bee specimen and its case will rise up revealing a Medal.

As for the second question, you will not be able activate that elevator until you've already left the mansion leading to the next area. After you complete the 4 Death Masks mini-quest and fight a boss, you will pass through the courtyard to a Residence. Once you're finished there, you can return to the Mansion with a new key giving you access to various rooms locked by the "Helmet" emblem. Through a pathway, you'll end up in the basement and discover the switch that will activate the elevator. From there, you can get the battery which is used elsewhere.

For more in depth info on everything, check out my achievement guide over on xboxachievements.com. It's basically all the same info for your PS4 release =) just written for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610686

I don't know if you'll ever read this but I figured I'd reply anyways, in case someone else stumbles on this lol.

3. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Hey thank you Alex Wesker!! I did end up solving the bee puzzle after finally giving up and youtube-ing the solution lol. I then printed out a guide to get me through the rest of the game. It's a shame because up until that point, I was figuring everything out for myself but it just became too much. Once I hit that residence area with the giant spiders and color candles, I just started following the guide step by step lol. I tried to play again without the guide but then I got to the part where you have to mix all these chemicals to kill the plant. Yeah no way I was going to remember all that. Thanks again for responding and thank you for your link! Its very detailed and will help me out a lot, I really appreciate it!:)