Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by Zombie Lover, Dec 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Zombie Hunter 87

I was ten when I played the first Resident Evil game for the PS1 back in 1997, and it really scared the crap out of me! lol I started off as Chris Redfield, and died in the first 5-10 mins, I managed to bag the first zombie, but then when I entered the second floor above the dinning hall, the two zombies up there got the better of me. Ever since playing the entire game, I soon ended up getting RE2, and loved that even more, then when RE3 Nemesis came along I was totally blown away by it, I knew then that I was gonna be a Resident Evil fan 4 life!! To this day they're still some of the best survival horror games ever made, and I will continue to play them for as long as they keep making them.

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Finished RE Zero (actually few weeks ago!!), and it has a bonus Leech Hunter game where you zip thru the mansion looking for colored jewels for both characters and whack as many deeks as you can doing so! This to me is as fun as the main game...especially by getting the unlimited ammo hunting rifle by being successful on the LH game. :hatchet:

3. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

The best thing is getting infinite ammo for all weapons and then using the magnum you find in one of the rooms in the train, for the whole game. It makes zombies' heads explode, and usually only takes two shots for most bosses. That's the way I always play the game if I want to just quickly go thorough it for cutscenes and reading files. I'm pretty sure I always beat it under two hours but I could be wrong.....I can't remember. And now I want to play this game.

4. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

It's addictive to be sure! I found that having Madden skills are very useful in this game. I deke the hell outta the leech zombies in RE 0. This way I save ammo, and I use only the molotov bottles on them when i get tired of running from them. :shining:

5. EternalWreckage

I have to share this with somebody or I'll explode from excitement. I didn't expect it to be announced this soon and it was a nice surprise. I must say I like Leon's scenario but I'm not sure a bout Chris'.

[video=youtube;sS_bGpe9qE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_bGpe9qE8[/video]

6. Zombie Hunter 87

I just saw this trailer a couple of days ago, I was completely amazed of how cool this game looks, I can't wait to play this, I like how they went back with having zombies again, taking it back to the roots of the original, but also bringing much much more! Brilliant!!!

7. EternalWreckage

I couldn't agree more! I really can't wait to play as Leon again fighting zombies! I just wonder who the new characters are.....

8. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

yes, i love resident evil games, so much memories of my childhood, i played the first 3 on ps1, i passes entire days playing them and even recording them as i played ha, yes i had the vcr connected and i also recorded the game as i played it, i passed many nights awake until daybreak with my fingers glued to the joystick, what a wonderful games

9. ResidentEvil Outbrek

The Friendly Fire Death Matching Mode kinda reminded me of Rick and Shane, it would be cool if The Walking Dead Video Game had a Friendly Fire mode to turn on or off like that so people could death match with the characters throughout the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPyDxY-zeHA&feature=related

10. Peanut Q. Public

i can't deal with the crazy camera angle changes in some RE games but i loved watching people play them. so i told my husband if he would play them for me and let me watch him then i would play whatever nerdy games he wanted in exchange. so to get him to beat RE1 on PS1 i had to beat Chronotrigger. i think it was fair enough. especially for me. we recently beat RE5 together with him playing as Chris and me playing as Sheva. we're trying again with roles reversed so i can get the unlimited ammo and crazy costumes.

11. Jersey_Dixon

Jersey_Dixon Member

I've recently beaten Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS. Great game. At the Raid Mode is a blast to play with randoms or a friend. It introduced new characters, and set the way for Resident Evil 5. Really great game all around, and probably the best game so far on the 3DS.

12. ResidentEvil Outbrek

RE-5 ? you just beat it, hey Congrats!!! the puzzle part almost left me screaming lol! the infinite rocket launcher is so much fun it's sooooo worth it.

13. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I just started to play Resident Evil today. I haven't played that phenomenal game for years. It brings so much good old memories...

14. tommy

tommy Member

Been playing high-graphic games like Dead Island and Dead Rising for the past year - then went back to play the very first Resident Evil game. Terrible graphics. Terrible dialogue. And yet, still miles more fun to play than either of them combined.

15. GoodSoundsApps

GoodSoundsApps New Member

Good memories

This is a good time to remind myself about that game when I could play for all day and night.
    Wish I have enough time to do such things again...

16. halfkatr

halfkatr Member

My favourite's are Resident Evil 1 and 4. I have to say though that the early Resident Evil games will always be the best, for me at least. They have this creepy atmosphere that the new ones just don't have.

17. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

absolutely loved it on ps1, specially resi evil 2, dont really like resi evil 4 tho, where it started to lose the scary aspect and just become an action adventure game, and just bought revelations on the 3ds as its supposed to be back to its roots

#37 melthebell, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  18. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Nothing like when I first beat it and escaped the mansion and got to the final cutscene and was like "wheres Jill?" then the mansion exploded xD

19. halfkatr

halfkatr Member

I agree, although I loved Resident Evil 4 even though it lacked the creepy atmosphere of the first games

20. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I've played the first a while ago but haven't played the sequels or other spin-offs. Not even the newest one that came out. I'll play buy RE5 off steam later in the year and see how the game series is doing recently.