Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by Zombie Lover, Dec 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Resident Evil Revelations 2 looks decent and they are releasing a remake of the first Resident Evil in HD on the PC early next year also. :)

So, for the hardcore RE fans, you'll be able to play RE1 again in HD Graphics. :D

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that somewhere on the net about the RE1 remake just recently, I definitely have to check that out.

3. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Yeah, definitely mate. I have a 13 year old Nephew that has gone crazy on zombie stuff, thanks to me introducing him to a few zombie games and movies, he also loves TWD also. I reckon I will have a go at the RE1 remake with him. :)

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I have a Nephew that I turned onto RE games and zombie stuff too when he was a teen. I loved corrupting him, but my Sister didn't care for it much at the time. lol

5. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Ahaha, awesome man, yeah I can't really take all the blame for my Nephew's corruption as his parents have corrupted him a bit before I even introduced him to a few games and movies, the kid knows too much for his age already. He has full access to Facebook and everything...

6. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Kids today got it too easy lol. When I was around that age we still had rotary dial phones, and computers or video games were non existent. We did have Atari Pong though. :)

7. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Too true, without coming across as disrespectful or anything but from what I am seeing these days, there is quite a lot of poor parenting. Parents around here seem to just spoil the kids, give them everything. I mean kids nowadays have a computer with a microphone and webcam at the age of like 9-10. The internet can be a dangerous place and I think providing a mic/webcam at that age is absurd especially.

8. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Totally agree..

I heard about the new Xbox as well with the built in webcam and mic (I think) that can monitor you while playing games. I think it doesn't shut off either, even after the console is turned off, but I may be wrong. Crazy stuff mate.

9. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Yeah, that's right and the Xbox has had access to the internet for quite a few years now already. Even an Xbox can be hacked, someone can hack it and gain full control of the webcam inside it, It's clever to tape up your webcam with a bit of duct tape when you're not using it or if you don't use it at all. If your webcam is a USB connection one then obviously just unplug it when you don't use it. It's that crazy that someone can even hack into someones pacemaker because they are actually electronic and if someone was to gain access to the pacemaker they could change the settings on it...

#49 Visi0n, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I actually have the duct tape over my laptop webcam as I type. I read some articles about your webcams being hacked and it freaked me out.

The pacemaker thing reminds me of a Sherlock Holmes episode, from Elementary (I think) the bad guy hacked it from some rich guy, forced him to sign some papers for $ and then killed him.

Big Brother is watching. :(

11. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Yeah, it's true, people were hacking peoples webcam and watching people through the webcam and people had no idea about it.

In the wrong hands, such knowledge is dangerous, you can also hack someones vehicle as most modern cars nowadays are actually computerized, so if someone had it in for someone and knew what they were doing, they could just hack the car and then cut the brakes so that person can't brake and set a certain speed limit and they would have an accident.

#51 Visi0n, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I know it's crazy, cars with gps, bluetooth, lojack and all this other crap, it's like a mobile computer, and just as vunerable and visible as your home pc or cell phone.

13. vegito12

vegito12 Member

I have played three of them, it was amazing when the zombies would always come like mindless. it was interesting how you would have to, hide sometimes and fight head on when the zombies came to you.

14. Little Sister

Little Sister New Member

Huge Resident Evil fan. I remember watching my parents playing the games when I was a kid and I was quick to pick them up too. I've played most of them outside of a few spin offs. RE3 is my favorite by farrr because I love the Nemesis! Haven't really been a fan of RE5 and RE6 though. They're okay games, but I still prefer the old ones.

15. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Yeah, after Code Veronica, it was a whole new platform of Resident Evil. You either hated it or liked it really. I found RE3 to be a pretty good game, it was always fun when you ran into the Nemesis. The good news is at least RE1 is going to be released in HD on the computer early next year; I hope they do the same thing with RE2 and 3.

16. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I didn't dislike CV but it was different, I played the shit out of it anyway. hahah

But after that I lost interest as I got older. i guess a lot has to do with your age group and your experiences with the RE games, whether you go for the older original series, or the later ones.

Nemesis and that 'STARS' thing he grunted was so great in RE3. He was the ultimate Nemesis. :)

17. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

Yeah, Capcom changed it, to probably suit the newer generation of gamers. I definitely will re-play them in HD when they all eventually come out on HD.
    It will be a great experience to play the old series in HD I reckon. I disliked RE4, I didn't hate it but I wasn't a fan of it really, I didn't adapt to the new changes well. I thought RE5 was great though for the newer series, it had a good storyline, good twists and good gameplay. I still haven't completed 6 yet, It doesn't seem to be that good from what I have played so far.

Revelations was a bit meh, it was definitely bearable though, I finished that one with my Nephew.

I haven't played Zero yet or Operation Racoon City, I heard zero is good, i'll play that on the emulator when I get a chance and I was told that Operation was pretty bad.

About age group, yeah I think you have a point to a degree, I'm only 26 and as I stated I prefer the older series over the newer series, opinions will always vary I reckon.

18. Little Sister

Little Sister New Member

It's weird because I actually enjoyed RE4 and played it over and over but when it came to RE5 and RE6 I put them off for ages and just didn't really care for them. I think it was the introduction of the co-op system. I'd rather just play on my own without someone or an AI.

I did enjoy parts of RE6 like how in Leon's campaign it brought back the typical zombies, and I enjoyed Jake's storyline. I hated Chris's campaign though. The only part I liked was the end. There were too many frustrating as hell parts and stupid QTE's.

And yes! I'm looking forward to the HD release too, and I really hope they do the same for RE2 and RE3. That'd be badass.

I haven't played Revelations yet, but they're coming out with Revelations 2 and they're bringing Claire back so I'm kind of interested in checking it out.

#58 Little Sister, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  19. Visi0n

Visi0n Member

I liked the idea that you could play with someone for a change, it kind of spiced things up a bit I reckon. I completed RE5 around 3-4 times.

I'm not that far into RE6, I really dislike the fact that you get so many QTE's in it also, it's so rubbish.
    If they bring out a HD version of RE1, it's likely that later on they will do the same for 2 and 3. :)

Revelations had Jill and Chris in it, it was based on a ship and around the events that happened between RE4 and RE5.
    Basically Jill and her partner Parker are sent on a mission to find Chris Redfield which is believed to be on the SS Zenobia.

I seen a trailer of Revelations 2, it looks decent, I didn't see any character in it that looked like Claire though but if she is in it, that's great, we haven't seen her since Code Veronica I don't think from memory. The thing I liked about Revelations the most was it was the closest game out of the newer series that felt a bit like playing the old series again.

20. Little Sister

Little Sister New Member

Yeah the co-op thing is just me I'm sure, since I don't really like playing multiplayer games in general :p

And yes the QTE's are very annoying, and unfortunately they get worse IMO. Did you start off with Leon's campaign? Because I found Chris's campaign much more loaded with QTE's that were pretty awful. In the last segment I died countless times just because of QTE's and horrible camera angles.

Ah, gotcha. I never picked up the game because I thought it was a 3DS exclusive. Somehow I missed it being released on consoles.

A lot of people were actually complaining that Claire looked strange and different, but I believe it's been confirmed that it's Claire, and Barry Burtons daughter Moira will play a supporting role.

This is Claire and Moira:
    [​IMG]

And another shot of Claire:
    [​IMG]