Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick saving eugene from carter...

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by runcornwalker, Oct 14, 2015.

1. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

After eug hene lying in S5, i was a little surprised how rick jumped in to defend him from carter. Does this mean rick seeshim as a valuable member of tje group.

2. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Well, if he sees him as a valuable member... I'm not sure..
    But he sees him as family, and that is all that matters now. Rick would kill everybody in Alexanderia to protect every single one of his own group.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Liar or not, Eugene is a part of Rick's family. They may not have known each other for very long, but they have survived together and suffered together. He's a part of the group. Rick would have done the exact same thing and stood up for anyone in his group if someone were holding them at gunpoint.

Although, on a side-note, it could be argued that Eugene has indeed somewhat proven his value to the group. In "Spend" in season 5, Noah, Glenn, Aiden, Nicholas and Tara made Eugene join them on a run to collect materials for the solar power system as he is the only person who had the knowledge to identify what they needed. He's a smart dude.

4. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Plus the fact Carter was a massive D**k, he would of probably saved Gabriel had it been him

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Plus Eugene did prove to be valuable on the Nicholas run. He intuitively tried luring the walkers away with the van and then wouldn't leave Glen and Noah when Nicholas told him to take off so I'm sure Rick was informed of his heroics that day.

6. mummyman

mummyman Member

Carter was not ! He sees that Rick is dangerous ...

7. yuke

yuke Member

Carter is a d**k. His beliefs are based in complete ignorance that they live in a world of zombies and humans that would do anything to survive.

8. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Well carter did say they were trying to take Alexandria back from Rick so he was probably mad about that as well

9. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

I think Rick saved Carter from Eugene.

Carter had no chance in the hair game. He also could never pilot the Thunder Van in supply runs with skill and verve. He could have never made a battery from a mushed nickel and miscellaneous parts. He also had no sense of humor nor appreciated Tara for her skills and eyebrows.

Ultimately Carter would have seen all this as he pointed that pistol and imploded, most likely in a similar fashion to the witch from Wizard of Oz before Rick and clan interrupted his treachery.

It was best a walker bit his cheek off and Rick severed his C2 and C3 vertebrae. The pressure of living up to the standard Eugene has set was way out of his post-apocalyptic league.

Just IMHO of course! :zombies_rolleyes::zombies_lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. JPG119

JPG119 Member

He pointed a gun at Eugene, there is no excuse for that. He deserved to die. In fact, he got off lightly.

11. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I was totally readin this in Eugene's voice and accent. lol:Grin:

then I read this...

and Im seeing Shane... hehe

12. AtlantaOverrun

At this moment, he wish Rick gave him the bullet instead of let him live.

[​IMG]

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That camo walker scene was pretty bad if you think about it too much.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lie or no lie Eugene is part of Rick's family.

And I do think that we were given an inkling of what Eugene will become to Rick considering that Eugene was included around the planning table and offering advice about building a diversion wall in reply to all of Carter's misgivings about the plan.

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ehhh... That's taking it a little too far. If it was Gabriel, hopefully he would let him pull the trigger before intervening. But then again, Gabriel is more on Alexandria's side than Rick's side, so carter might not have felt as threatened.

16. AtlantaOverrun

Could somebody remind me something? How did the group found out Gabriel was talking shit behind their backs? Maggie heard everthing, but did she told everybody??

17. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you?

18. AtlantaOverrun

Of course I would, but that's not the point of the question. It was curiosity because I don't recall the scene.
    Is this how he got busted? Or did something else happened?

19. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

You know, it's actually possible that she didn't tell them yet, since Gabriel has always been a sissy when it comes to walkers, so Rick might be grudging him for that, lol.

20. AtlantaOverrun

She didn't told them? Wow! Than Rick's comment 'NO, Who else?' is even more pejorative. He said no because of the fact he was a sissy, not because he knew Gabriel was talking shit behind their backs, lol. I really have to rewatch season 5.