Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick says Shane did it to himself

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by John2find, Mar 12, 2012.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I never saw Shane do anything but bark, and commit a cowardly murder. And when it came time to bite he went down.

2. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? He did a lot of good. Season 1: He saved Rick by barricading the hospital door. He kept the group safe during the time Rick was in the coma. He tried saving the group when the walkers attacked everyone at night but he was outnumbered until Rick and the others showed up. Then Season 2: Saved CARL by getting medical supplies and while he killed someone else to get back, it had to be done. Rick said he would've done the same thing in 18 Miles Out. He taught everyone how to shoot in Episode 6 or something and didn't that come in handy in the season finale? Got rid of the barn walkers. Got rid of Randell which Rick couldn't do. Lori left Rick for dead but not Shane. I'm not saying he was the good guy but he got things done. In conclusion, I think he rubbed off on Rick in a positive and I really do think we do see some of him in Rick in S3 in terms of him making decisions on the fly and not flip flopping on whats wrong or right.

#42 RIPRV, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Everything he did was to try and prove to Lori that he could save and protect her and Rick couldn't. That he was the better man. Clearly NOT!! He left Rick for dead in the hospital because he was too stupid and inept to check for Rick's heartbeat. That night there were others not just him at the camp fighting off walkers. He killed Otis to save his own ass and then lied with some weak ass story how Otis told him to leave without him. He busted the barn open,earlier he tried to open them and couldn't. It was all a show for Lori. Nothing more. As for Randall? He was so far gone that in the coward's way out he broke Randall's neck instead of sticking to the plan of letting him go like Rick and Daryl had planned. Both Shane and Lori left Rick for dead. Why? Because they both wanted their little f**k session in the woods and they wouldn't feel guilty for stabbing in the back and betraying his best friend and her husband. Shane had to die and I'm not sorry he is dead and gone and 6 feet under. Shane lost.Rick Winning!! Rick is the better man. Always was. And let's not forget he tried to kill his best friend twice and a weak third attempt. Plus he tried to rape his best friend's wife. The woman he claimed to love.

#43 Roman'sRevenge, Oct 7, 2012
  4. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

This was my favorite part of that post!! Rick Winning!! lol

5. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

So many people died because Rick and the others left in S1. Let's not pretend Shane didn't do anything for the group. Sure he made mistakes but he saved Rick's kid. Rick is clearly better but Shane could have survived in the world they live in if it weren't for Lori. AND he saved Rick by barricading the door. No way he would have made it carrying him, the soldiers would've shot them both.

6. Roman'sRevenge

Funny. Seems to me if Rick hadn't left to go and retrieve the guns a lot more people would be dead. Mistakes? Seriously? Trying to rape your best friend's wife? That's a mistake? Trying to kill your best friend not once but three times? A mistake? Jealousy over your friend a mistake? Really? If Rick didn't bring those guns back? How was Shane going to protect anyone? -Lori- He used the guns that were in the bag that RICK brought back. And using those guns to kill the walkers in the barn?Stupid ass mistake. Using almost all of the arsenal as well as with all the guns going off attracting walkers in the distance probably. Lets not forget Shane was infected and it was already messing and changing him more than the others in the group. I hardly believe that Shane could and would have done what Rick did in the bar. Shane I believe was always jealous of Rick and would if still alive would end up getting someone hurt and killed. Except for Lori and Carl. Shane was a liability. And had to die. He was a bully and used fear tactics on the group so he could get his way. Rick was the leader and that angered and pissed him off. And Rick didn't ask to be the leader but everyone turned to him for answers anyway.Clearly the group didn't like Shane and his ways.

#46 Roman'sRevenge, Oct 7, 2012
  7. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

This topic is giving me Deja Vu..... Sounds to me like someone (who was banned) got a new member name for season 3 and is back to his old tricks (with a little more tact, for now).

8. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Rick wasn't the better leader. He was and is. But Rick gave more then 3/4 of the guns away to the nursing home people. Most of the guns they've used were there already. Rick also told Shane to gun train everyone which also attracted noise not just the barn massacre. Shane was the one that wanted to kill Randell so I'm sure he would have shot Dave and Tony once they walked into the bar. And why are we forgetting all the good things Shane has done. Selective amnesia? I admit he has made mistakes but I also saw all the good things he's done. It's a shame Lori kept playing games with him and Rick. He finally accepted they would never be together then she tells him her feelings for him and we know the rest. Question though: If Rick starts acting like him in S3, does that mean you will hate him too?

9. Roman'sRevenge

Again mistakes? What Shane did were mistakes?:zombies_confused: No Shane couldn't and wouldn't have done in the bar what Rick did.Shane was a bull in a China shop and would have gone in there with guns blazing.And would have got himself or someone else killed.Rick is methodical and observes the situation. Hell he gave them options to leave. They didn't. Clearly Rick is the better shot. Even during the barn massacre Shane kept missing the damn targets. What Shane did good was for Lori and only for her and to get her back. Nothing more. As for Rick? Yes he has a dark side everyone does.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Your figure of 3/4's is as inaccurate as the rest of your 'logic'.

11. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Exactly. Those were not mistakes or errors in judgement. What he did was out of pure hate and jealously for Rick.

12. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. Also Rick is my favorite character not Shane, I just like to give credit to Shane because he did a lot of good stuff too. But I leave you with this. Brotherly love until the end.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBnzbRHzLU

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Perhaps, perhaps. Each character is dealing with their internal conflicts. Sprinkle a little ZA into the pot and wallah you get; Ricktatorship, Shanezilla, crown-me-Queen bee Lori ...hey look everbody I'm having sex Glen:)

14. BrokenAngel

Makes one wonder. Hm?

15. Roman'sRevenge

Whoa!!

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This thread was started near the beginning of the year, folks. Nothing to worry about.

17. BrokenAngel

Just delete Shanezilla and Queen bee Lori. And it's all good.

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Shane fought to save himself. You can't convince me he cared at all for anyone but Lori or Carl. Otis didn't have to be killed. Shane did that because he was a coward. Had Rick gone Otis would've made it back alive with Rick. Rick said he would've done the same by going off of Shane's story of what happend which was a lie. Teaching everyone how to shoot doesn't make up for his shit. The way he handled the barn walker situation was wrong. Yes they needed to be put down, but not the way he did it. Also it was Rick that put Sophia down. Where was Shane then with all his big talk of doing the hard thing. Everything Shane did was for selfish reasons. The man was a menace and a coward. Defend him all you want but you're wrong in my opinion.

19. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I said we can all agree to disagree then. It's fine.

20. BrokenAngel

Peace and tranquility as it should be.