Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Was NOT expecting that.

So a horse starts the domino of his demise? Depending on how they work it, I kind of like the idea of a random death. Its how people die. What say you? We see from next episode's preview that he gets away from the horde. How, I'm not sure, as they showed it almost on top of them. We shall seeeeeee..

What say you??

• Like Like x 2
  2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Not sure how he's going to regain consciousness, pull himself off that spike, fight his way onto his horse, and then get out of there in time with that kind of injury.

We'll see though. Next week should be one for the books.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

They are going to have to pull some 1980's procedural cop drama magic lol. Where they rewind the action by about 10 seconds and start at that point for beginning of next episode. So when we see him again the walkers will still be 200 feet away. :p. I have trouble seeing any other way for them to make this work.

The only other way I could see him plausibly getting out of this is if they horse panics and jumps in front of them the walkers start devouring the horse, which is blocking their way to Rick. But we see the horse makes it out too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I always thought that rick should go out saving his people and in a round about way that is in fact what he is doing.

He is trying to find a way to save the work that they have done in rebuilding the bridge. that bridge is the lifeline between the communities

So while it is not a wound from an attack it is a wound from Rick yet again trying to save his family. Like you, I am okay (well as okay as I am going to be with the notion of Rick's death) with the randomness of what appears to be the cause of Rick's death

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Neuropyramidal

I'm glad I managed to avoid the spoilers for this episode, because those last 60 seconds or so caught me completely off guard.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah I stayed away from spoilers also and glad of it

I had no idea that it was rick and daryl in the pit together.

I had no idea about the saviors coming back to the camp to take guns

and I was completely taken aback in how they set up and eventually ended the episode

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

As soon as Rick rode off to lead the herd I knew it. I knew he would be injured. But I never thought it would be from him falling off the horse and being impaled. I'm fine with it I guess because the horse's panic made sense in that moment as it was surrounded by walkers. I just wish he didn't go out there by himself. But he was trying to protect the communities as he always does.

I just know that next week is gonna be rough.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, we kind of knew something would happen to him during this plot arc, but I definitely wasn't expecting that and I wasn't expecting it during this episode. I thought it would happen maybe early or middle of 905.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

"Hey, aren't you the human who rode my brother into Atlanta and left him to be devoured by the walkers?" - Henry the Horse

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Weallgotit

Same here. I was expecting it to happen in episode 5 and Michonne and the others have to spend the next couple of episodes dealing with it. But it looks like he will be injured all of next entire episode with some dream sequences throughout.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Speaking of Rick.....has everyone else noticed that it is Andy speaking in his Rick voice that says "Previously on the Walking Dead"

I knew the original announcer dude died awhile back but this is the first season that Andy is the one making that intro, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Sully

Sully Active Member

Still staying optimistic in that he makes it out alive and things are set up for a return if Lincoln wants it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Neuropyramidal

From spoilers, it appears that

• Like Like x 3
  14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I new the minute he got on that horse things weren't going to end well. Even if it was a white horse, the one that heroes and princes ride. Rick and horses don't end well. And since we knew Rick was set to go out, guess the horse ends up the one that makes it in the end.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Weallgotit

Yeah this is the first time I've noticed Andy speaking the intro. I guess it's appropriate for him to do it until his last one. :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I thought on the contrary that the whole episode next week would be of him hallucinating and not getting up from that, even when we see him walking away. Something akind to Jacob's Ladder, his finale minutes dying completely ****ed up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

This episode has me about as frustrated as how I felt when they found Sophia. I was very angry at this ending.

18. Weallgotit

I wonder if Daryl should get some blame for Rick being injured. I just wish he had tried to stop Rick back at the camp. They would have argued there. Maybe he would have talked Rick out of it and maybe not. But they would not have fell into the hole while fighting. I just don't think that riding him on a goose chase was a good idea either. But I guess things turned out the way they were meant to on the show.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Van Damme.... Not looking good for Rick :(

Ironic that a horse carried him to safety when all of this began, and now a horse may lead to his....I don't even wanna say it ....

20. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Me when considering Rick may die.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1