Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rise of The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Fiction' started by Taeyeon'sBF, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! As some of you know, I am the author of the niche fan fic "The Walking Dead Japan", and as a writer, limiting myself to one story makes me only wonder....what is happening next door to Japan? What about SOUTH KOREA? Well...I will attempt to answer that. This spin-off will be set in the week before the outbreak, up to the initial stages of the Walker disease pandemic. The first season will consist of 6 episodes, and will be more akin to a Korean Drama, with the show following our characters throughout. Don't worry, much more guts, glory and death will follow.

Here is a little bios of the characters, with the actors they will be based upon to the right of their name.
    Also, as for a release date, I will shoot for the first episode around October, since TWDJ is taking up the majority of my free time. So enjoy, make tweaks, and I look forward to seeing you here!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MC] Major Hyunsu Dae Im – Choi Siwon
    A recently dismissed South Korean Soldier with thoughts on starting his life. Demons plague him, and his temper makes him a dangerous man.

[SC] Minji Pak Yoon – Ahn Ji-Hye
    Obsessed with her business, she has little time for outside concerns, and finds love to be a nuisance. Cold, short and somewhat bitchy.

Lt. Kwan P’yon – Cho Kyuhyun
    While older than most recruits, Kwan has a cheery, yet depressive outlook on life, much to the dismay of others. Kind, albeit riddled with depression from his past.

DPRK Lt. Joo Yeon Baek- Lee El
    Loyal to the core for North Korea, Joo Yeon has a deep hatred for anyone who would stand against the great leader. Untrusting, yet combat efficient.

Dr. Seungri Yung – Ahn Jae-Hyeon
    Extremely smart, the good doctor is about to enjoy his whole life ahead of him, but things change. Cowardly, yet smart and cunning if need be.

Ben Eunsang – Cha Seung-Won
    A friend of Hyunsu, Ben was raised in a life of luxury. Despite being arrogant, he is a loyal friend. Full of himself, and not too shabby in a fight.

Bomin Chalseo –Jessica Jung
    A model with her career ahead of her, Bomin has no time for weakness, nor anything that stalls her life. Offputting, but kind when the time is right.

[V] Kang Jungman – Park Ki-Woong
    Obsessed with destroying the reputation of Minji, Kang will do anything to have her bow to him. Sly, devious and malicious.

2. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=20011]Taeyeon'sBF[/MENTION] - does your new fanfic go with the other one you posted? Should I read/review that one first before reading this one?

3. Taeyeon'sBF

It is a separate entity. And I will add, this will be a unique angled one. We all see how heroes are made, but what about villains?

ALSO, don't be afraid to give my fic a whirl! :)

#3 Taeyeon'sBF, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  4. Taeyeon'sBF

@RickyGrimes @zombiemom62 @mishone. [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION] [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION] [MENTION=50951]Apollonia[/MENTION]

Series premiere! Episodes of this will be less frequent, since this is my break from the Japanese series. Also, this is a limited series. So I might or might not have a second season, since it depends on the general reception. Enjoy!

NEW CAST & MAIN:
    Major Hyunsu “Agma” Dae ImChoi Siwon
    Minji Pak YoonJung Yumi
    Private Namil Im - Choi Woo-Shik
    Lt. Kwan P’yonCho Kyuhyun
    Cassandra ChalseoAhn So-hee
    Sang-Ho Yoo - Ma Dong-seok
    Kang Hungman – Park Ki-Woong
    Dr. Seungri Yung – Ahn Jae-Hyeon
    North Korean SoldierJoo Won

Summary- Another day in South Korea, as rumors spread of a strange illness, and people’s lives are changed forever.

Episode 101-Rumors
    Seoul glistened like a jewel on display, with the skyscrapers reflecting the night-time lights that accented the streets. People bustled about, while families went to the cinemas; young couples kissed and made romantic promises while the cool air invigorated them, & everyday thrill seekers buzzed around in customized cars, as the newest pop group sung their freshest songs. The air was also filled with the smell of cooking food, ranging from traditional Korean cuisine to fusions ranging from Thai Mexican to Japanese American grills. The only real threat on everyone’s mind was the possibly of North Korea getting overly confident, and attempting to attack Seoul, but the thought that if such an attack occurred, the UN stepping in comforted them greatly.

Meanwhile, at the same time, the Korean army practiced night maneuvers, with Lt. Kwon P’yon leading the young recruits. He was boyish in his looks, but his reputation that followed after his deployment in Iraq was more than enough for most military people to look past his baby face. With his rifle raised, he aimed at a target, another soldier in different colored camouflage, who had not seen the approaching Kwon. Kwon’s group of around 12 recruits quietly followed him, aware of their surroundings, with the sound of frogs drowning out whatever grass rustling they created. Kwon snuck up the soldier, and pressed the rifle against his head.
    “Now, you would be dead, if you were an enemy” he said loudly, making the other soldier sigh in frustration. “That’s the third time you snuck up on me!! Whatever happened to actual combat maneuvers?” he complained, rubbing his head. Kwon smiled and patted the soldier on the arm. “Private, you are always made into the easy targets. As long as the enemy doesn’t see you, you will only have to worry about me continually sneaking up and taking you out. Now, Private Im, go get some food, alright? We can get another fresh one to take your place” he ordered, as the young Private begrudgingly went to the camp.

Private Namil Im, a 25 year old trainee, was handsome, but like Kwon was boyish in his appearance, and was not used to having to cut his normally thick hair. He saw the tents poking up from the distance, and said to himself, “Food does sound pretty good. Especially if the American’s share their MREs” As he approached the camp, he heard a noise from the bushes, and raised his rifle, loaded with plastic training pellets. “Don’t move! I will shoot!” he said as sternly as he could, trying not to shake too terribly. A man in bloody clothing slowly hobbled towards him, and then promptly collapsed. Namil walked over to the man, and noticed a large patch of tacky blood on his arm. He pulled the torn sleeve away, and was stunned with what he saw. He had seen gunshots, stab wounds, and even explosive damage, but never before this: a fresh, festering bite mark.

=============================================
    Cassandra tossed the letter aside. Another fan pleading she could meet and marry him. She had tons of these letters sent to her inbox every day, with most of them laced with cheap cologne. And most were even less polite than the near constant marriage proposals. She slipped into the tight dress which had the hips cut out, exposing her pale flawless skin. Her manager, a clearly gay man walked into the room and said, “Ms. Chalseo, we have to get you ready for the dance soon! You know how impatient the BlossomBeau perfume executives get!” Cassandra smiled half heartedly and replied, “Just finished getting dressed. Is this another cheesecake shoot where I am almost naked, or do I get any say in this?” The manager cricked his head.

“They hired YOU of all people. Of course it’s a half naked cheesecake shoot. Now go out there and make the other women in Korea want to be you! GO!” he ordered, effeminately waving his hands away from her. Cassandra stood and adjusted her dress. She took one final sip of Champagne from her gold trimmed crystal glass, and left her dressing room.

=================================

Major Hyunsu Dae Im sat down with a bowl of soup, trying not spill the meaty liquid. Several young women eyed him as he prepared to chow down. The night humid, with the smells of local food cooking keeping his hunger up. His phone buzzed, and he saw who was texting him: Ben Eunsang. He smirked to himself, placing the phone on the table. A gaggle of young women brushed by him, trying not to make a scene, causing him to shake his head. “I guess my time in the army was enough to get their attention” he muttered as he read the text: “Party tonight? My place? Bring booze”

He chuckled and began to poke his soup. The round meat bobbed in the brown broth, steam radiating from the liquid. Can’t let this go waste, he thought to himself as he took a spoonful of the soup and tasted it. Galbitang was his favorite soup, and with a night as lovely as this, it was even better. His boyish good looks and muscular body was hidden by a red shirt, which didn’t stop the onslaught of gawking women. Oh well, he thought. Let them gawk.

===========================================
    The punching bag swayed and jerked around, as Sang-Ho Yoo threw punch after punch into the hard red bag. He was heavier than he should be for a man his age at 40, and he knew it. His fists still did the work he needed, whether that meant scaring some punk away from his gym, or otherwise. “GOD…DAMMIT…SON OF A….BITCH!” he snarled in between each punch. Finally he stopped, panting heavily as sweat trickled down his forehead. He heard the door open to see a young woman, no more than 20 years his junior dressed in a skimpy skirt and holding a piece of paper. He wiped off the sweat that dripped from his head and took the piece of paper and read it: “A gift from a thankful customer. Those rats will think twice before shorting me my money ~ Mr. Yoon” Sang-Ho looked at the girl and smiled. “Well…if he insists I get paid..” he said brushing the hair from her face as she winced.

============================================
    Dr. Seungri Yung examined the patient’s bite wound, noticing the flesh becoming dark and cold around the area of puncturing. His square, thin glasses rested on the bridge of his nose as he asked Namil Im, “Where did he come from?” The other man shook his head, replying, “I think, based on his clothing, he is North Korean. Still, he doesn’t seem like a bait trap or a refugee” Dr. Yung noticed the man panting as he began to sweat furiously. “Sir…who did this to you?” he asked calmly, pulling a tooth out of the wound. The man hoarsely wheezed, “It was not human…attacked us after he…” Dr. Yung felt the man’s forehead, a raging fever so hot his skin almost felt as if coals were alight under the surface. “SIR…I know you are a North Korean Soldier. But you need to tell me WHAT ATTACKED YOU?!”

The soldier grasped Namil’s hand and moaned, “SIHCE! SICHE!” before becoming unconscious. Namil looked at the Doctor and commented, “Corpse?” Dr. Yung wiped the cold sweat coming from his patient’s hair and murmured, “Could be dehydrated…or clinically insane. I will put him on a regiment of antibiotics and see if he improves” He felt the phone in his pocket vibrate, and excused himself to answer it. It was his 6 year old daughter, Saet Byul. “Hey sweetie what’s up?” he playfully asked. “DADDY! I lost a tooth and Momma gave me a 5 won piece!”

Dr. Yung grinned and pretended to gasp, “OH WOW. You are growing up so fast my dear! Hey, how about I pick you up with mommy tonight and we get ice cream, okay?” he yanked the phone away from his ear as his daughter screeched joyfully, “YAY!!!! LOVE YOU DADA!” He smiled and replied softly, “Love you too honey bunny. See you in an hour” He hung up and smiled to himself as a nurse entered his patient’s room.
    ==================================================

Her client was late again. Minji Pak Yoon angrily closed her phone and plopped down on the nearby chair, seething with anger. “This is why I don’t have relationships. At least with this job I thought I didn’t have to worry about abandonment, but NOOOOOO! Ever client this week has jumped ship!” She then threw her binder full of client times & information across the tiled floor. She buried her delicate, pretty face in her hands as she heard a set of familiar footsteps approaching her. “Issues with your clients, Minji my dear?” an older voice tauntingly asked. She sighed and said with heavy sarcasm, “Good to see you too Kang”

Kang Hungman was much older than she was, with him being 58 and she being only 30. Still, she could usually hold her own against his rival company, Hungman Housing, but with the drop in client sales, this was not going to happen. “Look, it’s June, and the housing market is dropping. Look what happened a few years ago in the US: everyone bought houses even though the stock market dropped like a lead weight. Keep your chin up hun, I think things will start to get juicy soon. But…” he adjusted his red and yellow tie, his white trimmed beard bobbing, “…You probably don’t have the pull to get to where I am, to risk sounding like a college student to his peers”

Minji glared at him now, anger fuming from her eyes. “LOOK, I just need some time alone! CAN I JUST HAVE THAT?” she shouted. Kang chuckled and handed her a business card. “Sure, but here is some food for thought: If you and I were to join companies, we could make more money then you could make in a year at your rate. Besides, my company needs a young, attractive woman to entice the more…easily swayed customers. Think on it, and give me a call” he waved and left her sitting on the chair, as she drug the card towards her with her index finger. “God…” she said under her breath.

=========================================
    Hyunsu ducked into his apartment, trying to avoid the rain from pouring down on him. He kicked off his shoes and turned on the news, only to find nothing interesting at all. Still, he flicked through and found a talk show host ranting about a possible biological weapon the North Korean government was blaming the South for unleashing. He leaned forward, and watched as Kim Jong Il angrily proclaimed the South would have for the weapon released upon his people. Hyunsu chuckled and thumbed through a TV guide on his table. “Sure…sure you guys screw up and blame us. Typical Northerners” he chortled to himself. He then heard a knock on the door, and went to answer it. It was his friend, Ben. Ben Eunsang dark, suave, and was prone to dragging his friend Hyunsu into situations he didn’t approve of.
    “So I guess the party is off, eh?” Ben teased, letting himself in.

He clunked down a case of Soju and boisterously announced, “Well since you are not wanting to party with me, I figured I would take the party to you!” Ben popped open a bottle and attempted to take a swig when Hyunsu snatched the drink from his hand. “I told you Ben, I am done drinking! You know I get…out of control when I drink. And yet you still bring the booze?” Ben hung his head and tossed the bottlecap across the room. “Shit man, I didn’t think you were legitimate. So…what can we do?” Hyunsu felt a surge of rage flow through him, the desire to punch Ben being restrained with greater reasoning. “Look, I appreciate what you are doing man. But maybe you could come when invited, and not bring back old vices?” Ben nodded. “Yeah, I should have thought that out. You had dinner I bet, so…maybe we could go to that new strip club, yeah?” His friend gave him an exasperated look, and then shrugged. “Why not? I haven’t been amused like that in a while”

====================================
    Kwan searched through the North Korean soldier’s belongings finding nothing of interest, save for a bloody parchment. He read it to find a Pyongyang newspaper clipping: “Infectious Disease Spreads! South Korea to Blame!” Kwan put the parchment down, when Namil knocked on his door. “Enter” replied Kwan, with Namil coming in and handing him a letter. “This is all the man said: Corpse” Kwan perked up, “Corpse? Why say that? Unless he is implying a corpse bit him, which is stupid even for the Northerners” Namil shrugged. “I dunno sir. It’s possible his fever was getting to him” Kwan raised an eyebrow. “He had a fever? Was it due to an infectious disease?” Namil shook his head. “Doubtful. And even if it is such a thing, we have flu shots to keep us healthy, so nothing too terrible to worry about” Namil’s superior slid him the clipping. “The North thinks we released a biological weapon. Now, if this is not fixed, we could go to war. If Kim Jong Il has an idea of us trying to kill him in his head, he will act irrationally. We should let the General’s relay this to the higher ups, don’t you think?” Kwan asked.

Namil nodded. He took the clipping and was about to leave when Kwan piped up: “I know you are trying to be like your big brother, Hyunsu ‘Agma’ Im, but…don’t model yourself directly after him. He was a top tier soldier sure, but you are doing well enough on your own account. Don’t take this as me being all soft on you, but I think you needed to know that” Namil smiled widely and replied happily, “That means a lot sir, thank you. I couldn’t ask for a better commander” he then left, leaving Kwan to stare at the wall before mournfully stating to himself, “Yeah you could, kid…”

Sang-Ho Yoo flopped down on the bed, sweaty and exhausted. The girl laid on top of him, and gasped, “You still have it!” prompting the older man to scoff, “Of course I do, babe. Now, maybe we could have a second lap after I rest for a moment, huh?” The girl hopped off him and grabbed her skirt, which was discarded during the passionate moment. “Hey, only one trial per session. This was on the house from your employer, so no freebies” she teased, blowing him a kiss before putting on her clothes and leaving. Sang-Ho grunted and poured himself a shot glass full of Soju, gulping it down with little effort.

His cell phone rang and he picked it up to see who was calling him: Unknown number. He ignored the call and switched on the television, stopping on a news channel televising a possible contagion the North Koreans are accusing the South of spreading. Sang-Ho laughed and poured himself another shot. His phone rang again, this time he picked up. “This is Yoo Sang-Ho, speaking” he answered, with the other end crisply ordering him: “You want more money and hookers? There is a guy who is unable to pay his debts. Persuade him to reconsider his financial situation. Meet me at the Cholseo Mall at noon, tomorrow” followed by a sharp click. Sang-Ho sighed and went back to surfing through the channels, pouring himself another glass of Soju beforehand.

Hyunsu & Ben entered the club, the air thick and reeking of cheap cologne, beer & smoke. Several scantily clad women passed by Hyunsu, their eyes locked on his face. “So this is relaxing for you, eh Ben?” asked Hyunsu, brushing past a stripped who was wrapped in a towel. They found a set of chairs, and sat down, ordering tonic waters with lemons. The lights dimmed, as the clamoring died to a faint hush. Erotic, sensual dance music began to slowly play as Ben elbowed Hyunsu excitedly. “This is it man! Cassandra Candy Chalseo!” Hyunsu frowned, “Who? Is she like a stripper or something?” Ben gawked at his friend and whispered, “Only THE number one dancer in Seoul, man!”

Behind the curtain, Cassandra looked at her skimpy schoolgirl outfit and sighed heavily. Another girl came up and asked, “What’s wrong hunny?” Cassandra pursed her lip. “I have a degree in dance & theater! I was SUPPOSED to be an actress, starring in dramas and movies! Now I am a filthy stripper!” she bemoaned. The other girl replied, “I was supposed to be in Law School, now look at me. Guess we can’t choose out futures” Cassandra swallowed her pride, plastered on a fake smile, and slid through the curtains as another woman announced, “CASSANDRA. CANDY. CHALSEO!!!!!” As Cassandra reached for her outfit’s buttons, she saw Ben and Hyunsu and thought, “I hate this”
    ==========================================
    Dr. Yung waved goodbye to the nurses and other doctors as he clocked out of his shift for the night. He was looking forward to ice cream with his wife and daughter, and dealing with a dying soldier was not something he was fond of. As he was about to leave, a nurse ran up to him and said, “Excuse me Doctor, but your patient, the one from North Korea, passed away. I was about to move him to the Medical Examiner’s room for the night until you came back tomorrow” Dr. Yung nodded and answered, “Thank you. I will be back in the morning” he then left and went to his car.

The nurse went to the soldier’s room and wheeled him down the halls and through the doors of the Examiner’s room, writing a memo to the doctors who performed the examinations on corpses. She laid a sheet over the body, leaving the head uncovered, and then left to go back to her duties. The corpse laid on the table, the soldier’s skin slowly turning grey as the life drained from his body. Later that night, after everyone had left that area of the hospital, the corpse’s hand twitched, and the eyes flew open, the pupils now a dull, faded grey. A janitor entered the room, dressed in a clean suit, when he noticed the body slowly climb off the table. “What the hell?” the janitor asked as the corpse slowly shuffled towards him, an arm outstretched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of the Walking Dead: News of the virus begins to grow serious, and careers are in danger.

5. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I have to say, I LOVE these "how the plague" started stories. Seriously, reading the reactions and the progressions to the realizations and danger. You have me craving the next chapter. Good job hun.

6. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Ohhhh okay, that sounds very intriguing! Especially the part about how the villains are made.

I'll definitely check them out. I'm catching up with Rapscallion's!

7. Taeyeon'sBF

Episode 102 of 10 coming this following week.

8. Taeyeon'sBF

9. Taeyeon'sBF

@RickyGrimes [MENTION=50951]Apollonia[/MENTION] @zombiemom62 @mishone. [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION] [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION]

Episode 2 of Rise! Please refer to episode 1 to get caught up. Enjoy, and more to come!

NEW CAST:
    Ha-Joon – Kim Tae-Woo
    Dr. Un - Yun Ju-Sang
    General Kim - Kwon Hae-Hyo

Summary: News of the virus begins to grow serious, and careers are in danger.

Episode 102 – Impossibilities
    Ben and Hyunsu walked out of the club, giddy as frat guys after seeing a naked girl for the first time. “Dude” Ben wheezed through drunken laughter “She was TOTALLY staring at your pecks man. When even the show stopping stripper is eyeing you, you know you could be king of all the ladies here!” Hyunsu rolled his eyes, exclaiming casually “You do realize exotic dancers do that to garner tips, right? Or did her legs make you even more stupid?” Ben burped and replied, “Maybe…but seeing her naked was worth it man. Hey! You go home with someone, alright man?”

Hyunsu sighed and nodded. “Sure thing Ben. See you when the boredom inevitably hits you again” He walked away from his buzzed friend and felt the cool night air blow through his coiffed hair, smiling at the moon lit night. He saw a cherry blossom tree in the distance and watched as couples kissed, flirted, and whispered sweet nothings into each other’s ears. A bike rode by a young girl flew past him, as the smell of cooked food began to hang heavy in the humidity. His phone rang, and he opened it, seeing his brother Namil was calling him. He answered: “Hey bro, or should I say, PRIVATE?”

On the other end, Namil rolled his eyes and replied, “Very funny. Hey listen, who exactly do I contact to warn the government about possible infectious diseases?” Hyunsu frowned and said, “Umm…you should know that already dork. Why are you calling me to ask that?” Namil, on the other end, looked around him and replied, “I think we might have a possible problem with something up North. Some guy claimed to have been bitten by a monster, and he was burning up something fierce. I don’t know what he was babbling on and on about, but the way it sounds, it might be a new virus or whatnot” His older brother laughed. “And you aren’t telling your superiors this…why? I mean, I appreciate being the first person on your panic list, but when it comes to issues of national security, you tend to reach the highest chain first. Not mad at you, just warning you for the next time”

Namil sighed. “I understand bro.” He hung up and bit his lower lip, angry his hot shot brother outright threw him aside again. He checked a new text that had just arrived. It read: “Your soldier is alive…and delirious” Namil frowned. “How is that possible? He was burning up” he asked himself.

==============================================
    Cassandra tightly wrapped the red coat around her curvy body, trying to hide her shame and embarrassment. She hated stripping and performing softcore lap dances to the guys, but her career was over. She went to her apartment and threw the coat on the floor, raiding her fridge for leftover pizza, and finding not only that but Soju also. She cracked open the drink and plopped in front of her TV, clicking on the electronic device to rot her brain. As she chewed on the chicken pizza, she noticed a small gossip network talking about a new outbreak. “So you see Chol Su,” the fat main lead said “This new disease is not only one similar to the bird flu, but spread much quicker” His co-star, a ditzy and buxom woman, replied, “Oh…its bad, right?” The man scoffed and pressed a button nearby, throwing up a giant red frownie face on the screen. “God” Cassandra groaned as she changed the channel.

Her door knocked, causing her to mute the TV as she got up to answer it. She peered through the peephole, finding a cute yet weak man on the other side, holding a bouquet flowers in his hand. She half smiled and shook her head. Opening the door she was greeted with the smell of good, yet overly saturated cologne. The man smiled and burst out, “Hey gorgeous! I figured you were a bit down today, so I got you these!” He then shoved the flowers in her hands, as she took them and nodded. “They are gorgeous Ha-Joon! So…why are you here, besides to offer me flowers?”

Ha-Joon frowned and took Cassandra’s delicate hand into his, his cold fingers causing her to flinch. “Listen, hun, I know our relationship has been a rough one this past month, but you are my angel, and now that my new dealership has opened, I can now give you whatever you want. I want to do this, babe” He knelt down and pulled out of his pocket a small red box, opening it to reveal a gold ring with a single diamond encircled by a ring of white jade.
    Cassandra gasped, “OH god, Ha-Joon! You…you shouldn’t have!” Ha-Joon blushed and said bashfully, “I know that you deserve a ring to suit a goddess, and I put my life blood into this…so…what do you say my love?” Cassandra smiled and covered her mouth with her hand.

=====================================
    Dr. Yung came to work to find SWAT and security buzzing around the building, with nurses gossiping in small cliques. “What the hell is going on?” he asked a nearby doctor. “Didn’t you hear? The North Korean soldier’s corpse was not actually dead, and now he is rabid. He took a damn huge chunk out of the nightshift janitor during his rounds!” Dr. Jung slowly nodded. “I want to see it” he ordered the younger doctor. The other doctor was stunned. “But Seungri, this man is insane! Are you-” Dr. Yung shoved past him and went through the crowd, making his way to the morgue. An angry old Medical Examiner grunted, “Damn fool is wasting my morning shift! Can we do something to get him out of my lab?”

Dr. Yung chuckled and commented, “So he was not actually pronounced dead?” The examiner grumbled “I guess not. But I looked over your records and…he had a max fever temp of 110 degrees. He should not be alive after such a hot fever, and even if he was, he would be in a coma” Dr. Yung peered through the Plexiglass window and saw the soldier, now naked, wandering around the room snarling and growling as if he had turned feral, until he saw the two on the other side. The soldier lunged forward and banged against the glass, snapping and snarling at the two.

Dr. Yung was fascinated. “Look at the pupils! They are…gone” The examiner leaned in, observing the soldier as he banged against the glass even harder. “Veins across the sub-dermal tissue are swollen and engorged…blackened hemoglobic coagulation occurring in the primary arterial networks…LOOK AT THAT!” He pointed to the mouth, noting the yellow and black gum-line. “Gums don’t stay black unless the subject is dead…but how is that even possible?!” Dr. Yung felt a pang of worry in his stomach and grimly replied, “I don’t know Dr. Un…I don’t know…but I think we soon will find out exactly what is going on”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minji leaned against the wall of her shower stall, allowing the steam to fill the bathroom. Her night had been a complete bust, with not only another client leaving her, but her main competitor offering her a job at his place. It was the ultimate slap in the face for her, and she knew saving face at this point was next to impossible. She turned off the shower and stepped out of the stall, staring at herself in the mirror. “You need to out bite the angry dog” she told herself, making as angry a face as she could. She grabbed her towel and dried herself off, looking at the business card lying on her counter. She instead decided to distract herself.

She put on her most fancy dress and jewelry, applied the makeup she loathed applying, and left her apartment, heading towards the nearest bar. She entered and immediately the room gave her instant attention. She sat on a stool and ordered the most expensive drink on the menu, ignoring the silent jeers and catcalling she was now getting. The bartender handed her the drink and she winked in gratitude, taking a sip. The alcohol was pungent and harsh, as she tried to mask her disgust. A handsome man sat next to her and said coolly, “So you ordered that swill to either get attention, or forget? Which is it exactly?” Minji smirked. “I think that is for me to know and you to ponder, handsome” The man ran a hand through his hair. “I guess so…name is Namil Im. Private Namil Im to be exact”

Minji scoffed, “And your affiliation with the military is supposed to net you my panties?” Namil gulped and stuttered, “N-n-no miss, I w-was just-” Minji laughed and pinched his cheek. “Don’t worry buttercup, I already think you are cute, but charming…you need work in that” She let go and sighed. “No…I was trying to forget my shitty day…look at me, all dressed up, with my future gone and my age showing” Namil politely told her, “I think you still look beautiful, ma’am. I don’t care if you don’t look perfect; it’s who you are that counts after all”

Minji took a long sip, and afterwards replied, “You certainly are a gentleman aren’t you Private?” She rubbed her foot against his leg seductively, causing Namil to blush. “Ma’am, your leg is wandering a bit” Minji leaned in close, whispering, “That, kid, is me telling you not so quietly I want to nail you. Now, are you going to take me home and entertain me, or are you just going to sit there getting blue down there?” Namil, unsurprisingly, stammered, “First choice, miss”

========================================
    Hyunsu got up the next morning and grabbed his gym clothes, ready for the next day of boredom. His hangover has mild, but enough for him to shove a handful of painkillers down his mouth. His phone had become full of drunken texts, all from Ben who had succeeded in bedding a young woman, much to Hyunsu’s disinterest. The gym was empty this morning, much to his surprise, mostly due to the usual morning crowd causing him to have to wait a half hour or so. A janitor mopped the floor, commenting on the lone man with “Hey there! Seems like you get first dibs on everything!” Hyunsu looked around and replied, “Yeah…so uh, where is everyone? I mean, this is the top gym here in this district, so…why the absence of people?” The janitor shrugged, “I don’t have a clue, but hey, no sweaty gorillas in the gym means less sweat I have to mop up. So don’t make a mess kid!” he warned jokingly, with Hyunsu cynically holding up a hand.

He put in his ear-buds, and ignored the TV across from him, broadcasting on a handful of flu-like cases around the Gangnam district. He hit the play button, and instantly SNSD blared in his ears as he lifted the weight bar. More time for me, he thought to himself.

Kwan sat in the cold metal chair, awaiting the reason for why he was summoned so early in the morning, especially on a Sunday. The door opened, and in came a stocky but not fat man whose hair had long ago turned white. Kwan stood and saluted the man who returned the favor, and they then sat down. The older man formed a steeple with his hands, staring with “Lt. P’yon, I am aware you and Private Namil Im encountered a sickly North Korean deserter two nights ago, during a routine training operation. Now, I am aware, Lieutenant, that Private Im is taking time off due to his required two year military stint just starting, but I think, for the sake of national security, he should be brought in” Kwan nodded. “I agree General Kim. But…” he trailed off, prompting the General to blurt “But what, P’yon?”

The younger man took a deep breath and exclaimed, “I see reports of some new disease that is sweeping the nation. First in the UK, then America, now here…honestly only Japan and Australia are not on the list of affected areas, and it correlates to what the Northern soldier was saying” General Kim leaned in close and sternly ordered, “Listen to me, P’yon. If we go ahead and spill this story, this hypothetical scenario, we would be made fools of by everyone close to the president. And even if there is a possible outbreak, blabbing to the higher ups would bring in scientists and undermine our positions. Also, if the North caught wind of this, they would declare open war and China would get involved. Don’t tell anyone, Lieutenant…that is a direct order” Kwan saluted the General and replied “Yes sir”, doubt beginning to crawl into his conscious.

Namil awoke in Minji’s bed, and was greeted with the smell of morning air laced with blossoming flowers. He stretched his arms and looked beside him to see the older woman still asleep. Moving as softly and quietly as he could, he slid out of the bed and picked up his pants and shirt, stopping to notice his wallet had skidded across the room during their frenzied passionate lovemaking. He walked over and picked up the wallet, hearing Minji sleepily utter, “Guess soldiers always wake up early, huh?”

Namil turned and smiled at her, commenting “Force of habit I guess. So umm…about last night…” Minji stood, allowing the sun to wrap around her
    unclothed figure as she grabbed a blue fluffy morning robe, wrapping it around herself. “You were good kid…nervous but competent. Hey…maybe when I am bored we can try this again, no?”
    Namil became suddenly stoic, and replied, “Well ma’am, I usually don’t do this, and I would only be willing to have more meetings if we were together…it just feels better to me, you know?” Minji snorted and opened the bedroom door. “You can stay for coffee and breakfast, but then you have to go. My offer is still valid though, so don’t go full choir boy on me just yet. Besides, I think you should know I am not the relationship type” Namil finished buttoning his shirt and said warmly, “Things change you know”

========================================================
    Sang-Ho Joo the boxer threw the man against the brick wall, his face bloody from the scuffle. The man was a former loan shark, who himself had skimped on paying his debts and had made the wrong people angry. The man shouted, “So they sent the washed up boxer to get their money huh? You’re getting slow in your old age you decrepit bastard!” Sang-Ho lunged forward, his fist connecting with the man’s jaw, sending him flying. Sang-Ho then grabbed him and punched his side hard, a loud crunch following the impact. The man vomited blood and fell to the ground, clutching his left side. “You broke my ribs!!!” he gasped.

The boxer climbed on top of him, landing blow after blow on the man’s face, until the man sputtered “The money is…is…safe…combination 34-21-52…” He then choked on a throat full of blood, his face draining and his body becoming limp. Sang-Ho stood, looking around him cautiously. “God dammit…” he muttered, as he dialed his cell phone. The person on the other end picked up, grunting “So you have the money?” Sang-Ho opened the safe, revealing a thick wad of cash, a box of gold bars and a bag of jewelry. “I do indeed. I umm…killed the guy by accident…” there was silence, followed by a frustrated sigh. “Alright…at least make sure you don’t connect this to us. You screwed up old man. Now deliver us the money and we will be even”

Sang-Ho hung up and dumped the cash into a suitcase, noting they hadn’t mentioned the bars of jewelry. He shrugged and snuck the bars into a small suitcase, with the jewelry being stuffed into his suit pocket. He closed the safe and turned to leave, when he heard a low, barely audible growl coming from the man. “The hell?” he said as he thundered over to the body. The man’s eyes flew open, now dull grey instead of the former light brown they used to be. The man sat up and growled louder, reaching for Sang-Ho. “You aren’t dead yet?” Sang-Ho shouted, walking towards the kitchen and grabbing a steak knife. He plunged the knife into the man’s chest, with the man not even noticing the attack. “Oh god…” Sang-Ho muttered as he stood to leave, skipping out of the room and slamming the door shut. He adjusted his tie and suit, wiped blood off his neck, and calmly left the apartment.

He arrived home and quickly hid the gold bars and jewelry, then stripping his clothes and throwing them in his washing machine. He took a shower, letting the scalding water beat on his thick back, ignoring the pain. “How could he have still been alive…?” he asked himself, before getting interrupted with a knock on his door. He wrapped a green towel around his waist and answered the door. A young woman possibly in her 20s with dyed pink hair stood before him, dressed in a skimpy short skirt and a revealing top. “I am your payment, handsome” she cooed, only to have the suitcase of money shoved to her. “Here, take it. I don’t want sex…” slamming the door shut in her face and hearing the man’s growls echoing in his mind again as he sat down.

Hyunsu went to lunch at a local barbeque place famous for a special spicy rub they would apply to their meat, and the fact it was cheap made it even more attractive. Ben sat down across from him, grinning from ear to ear. “So” he began, “This chick, her name was I think Honey, and she was FINE MAN! Tight little ass MMM!” Hyunsu shook his head and sipped his Milkus while listening to Ben babble on about his sexual adventures. “So Ben” interrupted Hyunsu “Have you noticed people getting…sick? Or at the very least people are more worried about this new sickness the gossip channels and magazines are losing their minds over?” Ben nodded slowly. “Yeah. But come on man, the things people are saying are total bull, right?” Hyunsu frowned. “The gym was empty this morning, and the news channels are picking up on the story. This isn’t some localized sickness either. Seems like people everywhere are getting sick and dying” Ben raised his eyebrows. “Here in South Korean, you mean? Cause as soon as this thing is found out by the Northerners, we are in for a hell of a time”

Hyunsu nodded and accepted his lunch, passing a pair of flat chopsticks of Ben. “Well, hopefully this will blow over soon enough” he said cheerfully, as he and Ben began to feast on the plate of BBQ.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: North Korea catches wind of the illness, and things start to become riskier for everyone involved.

10. Taeyeon'sBF

@RickyGrimes [MENTION=50951]Apollonia[/MENTION] @zombiemom62 [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION] [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION]

New ep! Hopefully, I will finish the series soon, since I have am still recovering from the Premiere. Enjoy!

NEW CAST:
    Hye - Seo Ye Hwa
    Mrs. Chamseol – Lee Ye Eun (1989)
    Captain Byung Cho Yun- Jang Hyuk Jin
    Kim Jong Un - Park Jae-sang AKA PSY
    Major Yun – Han Kook Jin

Summary: North Korea catches wind of the illness, and things start to become riskier for everyone involved.

Episode 103: Northern Affairs
    Pyongyang. Jewel of North Korea, as the more cynical North Koreans dubbed it. Statues of the great leader Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Suk were everywhere as the citizens walked by them, awe struck at the great leader’s presence incarnate. DPRK Lt. Joo Yeon Baek, an attractive woman, even for North Korean standards whose combat efficiency was second to none turned heads wherever she went. Every other woman was satisfactory, but she was a deadeye shot, and made every man in her company jealous. She arrived at the head commander’s office and knocked on the door, greeted soon after with a stern face that ordered, “Get in Lieutenant. We have a serious issue to attend to” She entered the office noticing she and the commander were not alone. Several other men in tan suits stood at attention with the commander shoving a folder in front of the Lieutenant. She took the folder and opened it, finding a photo of a sickly looking man covered in blood.

“Who is this, sir?” she asked. One man blurted “This man was bitten by a corpse, and escaped down south. Supposedly, he was captured by border patrol, and might be held captive. But this is not a rescue mission…” the commander looked the man in the eyes and then leaned in close to Baek. “He was assisted by other traitors, frightened by the lack of faith in out great leader, and taking foolish steps to save his own skin” Joo Yeon flipped through the file, inquiring “Permission to speak freely, sirs” The commander nodded with Joo Yeon continuing, “Suppose this sickness is legitimate. Suppose our doctors can’t find a viable cure…then what are we to do?” The commander bit his upper lip. “We have had illness before, and beat it. This is no different. I want you to talk to his family, since they will be more forthcoming with a pretty face like yours asking the questions. Dismissed”

That night, Joo Yeon knocked on the man’s wife’s door, smiling as soon as she was answered. “Mrs. Chamseol? I was a friend of your husbands. May I come in?” The tired looking woman nodded and let Joo Yeon in, the house a barely decorated and worn down dwelling shell. Joo Yeon sat down and accepted a cup of barley tea from the wife as she began with, “Mrs. Chamseol, I know your husband left last night to cross the border. And I also know he was harmlessly bitten by a sick man. What we want to know is-”

“Harmless?” the wife interjected. Joo Yeon collected herself, replying “Of course harmless. The illness was contained a long time ago, you see-” Again the wife interrupted “No it wasn’t! Your deaths-quads and executions masked under traitorous mutiny didn’t work! There are people STILL getting sick, still dying and still coming back to life, killing anyone they come across! My husband, MY Nanjol, left not because he wanted to spill secrets, but to warn our Southern neighbors. He knew that this thing could not be contained and that it was only a matter of time before it spread worldwide”

Joo Yeon took in a deep breath and said calmly, “You do realize what you are telling me now could be construed as an act against the supreme leader and his nation, punishable by death, right?” The wife laughed in Joo Yeon’s face, replying, “Soon enough, we won’t have to worry about the government killing us. Soon it will be neighbors fighting neighbors, and when I am hung for my crimes, I will come back. I can promise you that, you pawn” Joo Yeon stood stiffly and adjusted her deep red skirt. “You will be arrested for traitorous intentions against not only our leader but our nation” she opened the door and was about to leave, when the wife told her one last thing: “These aren’t people anymore…they are corpses, and beyond mere corpses. They are evil…and you can’t escapes what is coming”

Joo Yeon arrived home that night and sat down on her bed, thoughts of what the woman said swirling around her mind. She took off her uniform and crawled into bed, trying to forget about the wife of the man, when she heard a faint knock on the door. She put on a cream bath robe and opened the door, finding a female soldier waiting. “Joo Yeon!” the soldier said excitedly, “Everyone in the female barracks was talking about you!” Joo Yeon blinked. “What do you mean?” The soldier smiled widely, “From what I heard, you were assigned a secret mission concerning that traitor who jumped the border! How exciting!” Joo Yeon buried her face in her hands. “It’s NOT a secret mission! He jumped the border, and that is that. I don’t know exactly why I was chosen to investigate his disappearance. I am a sniper, not a detective” The soldier frowned and sat down, looking at Joo Yeon with a slight hint of worry. “You will do fine.” She paused. “Listen, Joo, about us” she started, “I wanted to say I was sorry for not being as invested in you as you wanted me to be”

Joo Yeon’s face lightened. “Hye, you know we can’t be like that…especially with the way the government looks down on people like us. I don’t ever want to disrespect the Supreme Leader, but I can’t stomach the thought of you being punished for something I did that the state abhors” Hye smiled, brushing back her short black hair and putting a small, delicate hand on Joo Yeon’s knee. “You know, I am free for the night…maybe we could relax a little in each other’s company?” she suggested, kissing Joo Yeon’s neck. Joo Yeon threw open her robe and pounced on Hye, kissing her as they embraced.

Mrs. Chamseol was alone in her bed, trying to not burst into tears again, when her door thundered with hard knocks. She got up and opened the door, only to have several soldiers and policemen barge in and throw her to the ground. “You are under arrest for supporting a South sympathizing traitor and for hiding his whereabouts!” one officer bellowed, as she was drug into the streets and thrown into a green army truck, kicking and screaming for mercy.

She awoke finding herself tied to a chair, a handful of state officials and policemen surrounding her. One officer, a thin man with a rough face, walked up to her and slapped her with his white glove. “You traitor!” he snarled, as another officer shooed him away, before sitting across from her. “Mrs. Chamseol, we all know about your husband leaving his country to deliver information our southern neighbors are wanting, and we also know that you hid the information pertaining to his escape. Now, while you won’t be able to avoid the sentence of hard labor, you might be able to prevent further…punishments from being administered against you. You want to give us what you know?” he asked, the wife nodding. “Forgive me” the officer added, “My name is Captain Byung Cho Yun, but I think you knew that already. Now that we know each other, let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”

He adjusted his collar and cleared his throat, starting with: “Your husband left home, from what could gather, around 3 AM the morning of his disappearance, sneaking past the guards and crossing the DMZ unnoticed. Now, what we don’t understand, is what he took, and who was he going to meet once he arrived in South Korea. Maybe you could fill us in?” Mrs. Chamseol chuckled. “He wasn’t spying on the government. He was as loyal a member of the Democratic Party as you, Captain. He left not because he was betraying the Supreme Leader, he left because he was bitten by a corpse” The captain’s eye shot open. “So…he saw one…and was bitten?” Mrs. Chamseol nodded, adding “He knew the containment protocols you enacted would fail. Killing citizens supposedly infected and burning the bodies won’t stop this virus. Mongolia fell, Kazakhstan fell, China is losing control, and now us. Its spreading out of control as we speak” The Captain took off his hat and ran a hand through his thick hair, confused and frustrated with what he just heard.

“So” Captain Yun finally exclaimed, “It’s spreading despite our countermeasures. Did he mention anyone else getting bitten?” Mrs. Chamseol shook her head. “The man who bit him was found in the sewer system underneath Pyongyang’s main area. From what he said, he was fixing broken pipes and he was suddenly attacked. That is all I know” Captain Yun put on his hat, and asked “One final thing: Why leave for South Korea? Why go there and risk being shot? Was he avoiding death here?” Mrs. Chamseol felt a tear drop down her cheek, and replied “He was warning them. He knew as well as I do, this will be the end of us, and South Korea. This is the end of our way of life” The Captain stood and nodded at the wife, muttering “Thank you miss” He turned to the nearest soldier and ordered, “Execute her. She is infected” The soldier pulled out a pistol, and shot Mrs. Chamseol in the head, leaving her exposed wound to pour blood out onto the cement floor.

================================================

Joo Yeon awoke from a nightmare, with Hye lying on top of her sleeping. She sighed, and Hye awoke, resting her head on her lover’s shoulder. “This was so good” she cooed, with Joo Yeon running a hand through her hair, smiling the entire time. “You know” joked Joo Yeon, “If we were to defect to South Korea, we could be together publicly. But I think…” she trailed off, kissing Hye passionately “…this is working out just fine” Hye kissed Joo Yeon’s cheek, noticing the worry in her eyes. “What’s on your mind, love?” she inquired, with Joo Yeon holding her chin in her hand. “I am just worried the government will do something brash…” she murmured, gently wrapping her arm around the other woman. Hye smiled and replied, “Go to sleep…we can discuss this in the morning” Joo Yeon nodded, and closed her eyes, with Hye laying her head on the other woman’s shoulder, sleep overcoming them.

The next morning, Joo Yeon awoke and began to fix breakfast, consisting of cold buckwheat noodles in a beefy broth with kimchi. She poured Hye a bowl and sat across from her, gently smiling. Hye sipped her bowl of broth, and exclaimed, “I want to defect to South Korea with you, Joo” Joo Yeon looked up and felt a cold pit grow in her stomach. “Are you trying to pry information out of me, Hye?” Hye’s eyes widened. “Of course not!! I love you, and I want to be with you away from people who would judge us. I love the Supreme Leader, but I love you more…if you go, I will go with you” She took Joo Yeon’s hand in hers, and held in tightly. Joo Yeon smiled and said lovingly “I will consider it…for you”

Suddenly, shots rang out from outside her door. She stood and threw open her door, seeing soldiers rushing past her home, while a policeman shouted, “Get more men over there! They’re everywhere!” Joo Yeon and Hye ran outside and followed the soldiers, and came across a train tunnel surrounded by armed men. “They were found in the deeper parts of the tunnel” one soldier told an officer “And we already lost 5 men trying to clean out the dead” The officer pinched the bridge of his nose, and ordered “Send in 20 men, and be sure to be especially careful. We can’t risk the infection spreading via dead soldiers”

Joo Yeon approached the officer, who shouted “Woman! What are you doing, this doesn’t concern you!” Joo Yeon replied, somewhat insulted “I am a soldier…I can help” The officer frowned and commanded “You are out of uniform! You can’t help us at this-” A bloodcurdling scream pierced the air, and out ran 3 blood covered soldiers. One soldier grasping at a wound on his shoulder yelped, “There are too many! They killed sixteen of our men before we could react! They are coming this way!!” The officer looked up, and out came thirty plus men and women, covered in blood and growling as if they were unholy creatures.

Joo Yeon and Hye ran away from the scene, as soldiers and policemen fired on the people, ducking into an alley way, where the wounded soldier was nursing his wound. “What are those people sick with?” asked Hye. The soldier gritted his teeth and showed them his wound: a huge bite mark pouring blood all over the ground. “They aren’t people” the soldier explained, tying a cloth around his bite “They aren’t anymore at least. They must have had the fever and hid to prevent being culled” Hye tugged at Joo Yeon’s shirt sleeve. “Come on, we need to go!!” The soldier handed Joo Yeon his Makarov pistol and additional ammo, gasping “Take this and get out of the city! Things will only turn worse from here!” Hye in a full panic yelped “What about you?!”

The soldier smiled through the pain, and replied calmly, “I will be fine” He then took his AKMS and shot himself in the head, splattering brain and bone everywhere on the back wall behind him. They gasped, with Joo Yeon grabbing Hye by the arm and ran towards the outskirts of the town. Military vehicles and soldiers roared past them, trying to contain the dead on the other side of the city, not even noticing the two women leaving.

=================================================
    Captain Yun watched the fight between soldiers and the dead dredge on, with lightweight tanks and anti-infantry vehicles running over and shooting holes in the bodies of the ever approaching infected people. Several people were now gathered by the battle, while the Captain turned and went inside. He entered a large room, with the Supreme Leader sitting in a large red chair, his face buried in his hands. “Supreme Leader Un, we are having difficulty containing the sick from the general public. We request permission to eliminate the dead any way possible” Un rubbed his cheeks, and finally ordered, “Fire on them. This is obviously a trick devised by Japan and South Korea, to weaken our borders and then invade our lands!” The officer, named Major Yip, was stunned. “But…they are getting sick in their country also from this disease, Supreme Leader. Why would they infect their own country also?” Un glared at Major Yip, growling “Spillover always happens. Now…since this was a direct declaration of war, they will soon know our resolve! Ready our soldiers, and prepare to take the DMZ away from them. We will refrain from using our nuclear arsenal for now” Major Yip saluted Un, and left the room shaking his head, as the battle raged on outside the building.

Hye and Joo Yeon escaped through the country, hiding in a rotting building for the night as they heard the shots ringing from the city. “Hye” Joo Yeon told her lover “We are crossing the border as soon as we can. We will cross over from a small area that UN soldiers ignore, and turn ourselves in” Hye nodded tearfully. “I understand my love” she commented, her voice shaking from both the shock and from what her partner told her. Joo Yeon kissed Hye and whispered, “I will not let anyone hurt you, I promise” Hye smiled and stroked Joo Yeon’s hair.

They hiked through the mountains for a few hours, until they came across a sea of lights and activity: Seoul. “It’s…beautiful” breathed Hye, as the cool air swirled around them. Joo Yeon noticed the fencing around the mountain surrounded by thick grass, thick enough to cushion them. “Look!” pointed Hye “We can jump down and not get too hurt. Afterwards, we find someone nice to help us, and we will be set!” Joo Yeon heard a twig snap behind them, and turned to see a Northern soldier with his AK 47 drawn on them.

“Escaping to spill secrets like that traitor Chamseol huh?” he hissed, his face twisted with rage and hate. “Look Beom-Soo” Joo Yeon reasoned “The dead are taking over. We need to have the South help us, and that means working with them. We can save our people you know!” Beom-Soo half smiled, and replied “You’re serious? They are the ones who caused this to happen in the first place, releasing this plague and trying to weaken our borders! You are behind this as well I assuming!!” Hye squeaked “Please!!! We didn’t plan or know anything!” Joo Yeon walked up and pressed her chest against Beom-Soo’s rifle barrel. “If you knew me, you would know I love our country more than anyone. But this is out of our control, and you know it”

Beom-Soo flinched, with Joo Yeon continuing “Please, let us go…come with us and the three of us will make it out alive” Beom-Soo hesitated, and after a moment lowered his rifle. “I will give you a head start. Let me count to thirty, and then I will alert the guards” Joo Yeon smiled and brushed his cheek. “Thank you” she murmured, with Beom-Soo nodding. “Take care of yourself, Joo” he told her, letting her and Hye go. The two hopped the fence and made their way to Seoul. Beom-Soo walked back up the trail, and was greeted by two other soldiers. “Didn’t you say you saw two women escaping?” one asked him, with Beom-Soo shrugging. “I was mistaken, I guess”

Hye and Joo Yeon ran through the tall grass, hearing South Korean soldiers in the distance. Hye looked at Joo Yeon and told her “Look, you need to go warn the government about the Supreme Leader planning war on them, and try to see if the virus spread here” Joo Yeon was stunned. “What about you?!” Hye smiled and kissed her on the cheek, replying “I will turn myself in. Since I am a woman, they won’t outright shoot me” she handed her a wad of Northern Won and ordered her to “Go…I will catch up with you later, my love” Joo Yeon nodded and tearfully snuck away, while Hye stood and turned herself in to the soldiers, who escorted her away from the area, while Joo Yeon snuck away and headed towards the lights of Seoul in the distance, as the morning began to slowly rise from the horizon.
    “I will see you again” she told herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: Things begin to both blossom and fail between people, as the disease spreads.

11. Taeyeon'sBF

Sorry for the delay. Been not as regular with writing as of late, but here is the newest ep!
    NEW CAST:
    Momma- Baek Su Ryeon
    Bitten Man – Lee Joon-Hyuk
    Bitten Nurse – Kim Sun-Young
    Observant Nurse –Ji Hye-Ran

Summary: Things begin to both blossom and fail between people, as the disease spreads.

Episode 104 – Bad to Worse
    Dr. Yung checked his watch, and ordered the nearby nurse: “Administer a dosage of horse tranquilizer for the patient. Also, prepare stun guns if he becomes more violent” The nurse filled a syringe full of the thick, clear liquid and with 3 security guards present, stood near the mortuary door. The man pounded against the window, snarling and attempting to break through the glass as the guards readied themselves. Dr. Yung stood near the lockdown card slot and nodded at the nurse and guard behind her, sliding the card through the slot.

The door opened, and the two rushed in. The man instantly saw them and turned, lunging at the tiny nurse, while the guard grabbed him by the arms and held him back. The nurse slowly approached the man, and shoved the needle into the man’s neck, injecting the clear liquid into the artery. The man struggled and snapped at her, not even flinching or slowing down. The nurse looked back at Dr. Yung in a panicked state, as the doctor shouted, “It was supposed to knock him out! It would take out a horse, let alone a man his height and weight!” One of the guards ran in and shoved a taser into the back of the man’s neck, with the man not even noticing.
    The man broke free from the guard’s grip and grabbed the nurse by the arm and sank his teeth into her, tearing a large chunk of flesh and muscle out of the tiny woman. The guard pulled her free and he too was bitten, this time on the neck, as blood shot everywhere around them. One guard whipped out a nightstick and slammed the stick into the man’s side, with the man turning towards the guard, his mouth red with the blood and flesh of the nurse and previous guard. Dr. Yung shouted, “Get out of there!!!” as the three ran out, nursing their fresh wounds. The nurse was now sobbing, as her arm gushed blood, while the guard fainted and collapsed. He was carted away from the room, while the other doctors and scientists watched with horror, attempting to comprehend what they just saw.

“Dr. Yung” one younger doctor asked, “Wasn’t that dosage supposed to knock him out?” Dr. Yung nodded, and felt a chill running down his spine. “Why was the drug not effective?” he asked himself. One other nurse stepped forward and stared at the blood now staining the room. “What if it’s because he isn’t alive?” she suggested. Everyone turned to look at her, with Dr. Yung replying, “If that is the case…then no drug we have at hand will stop him” One guard stepped forward and suggested, “Since it’s not alive, we should kill it and examine it” “And how” the nurse demanded “Do you plan on doing that?” Dr. Yung felt his body drain of any warmth it had. “We kill the brain. It is moving and responding due to actions administered by the brain…so we should target the brain first. That might stop it…that has to stop it”

Cassandra sighed nervously, as she waited for her guest to arrive at her table. She fidgeted with her lipstick tube, and saw the door to the café open, and there he was. Hyunsu saw her and sat down, dressed in a grey vest with a black undershirt, his hair combed neatly. “Hey there miss Chalseo…I wasn’t expecting you to actually accept my date” he said smoothly, with Cassandra blushing. “To be honest, I would have said no, but out of all the patrons in that wolves den of a club, you seemed to look me in the eyes, and not my other assets. I…appreciated that”

Hyunsu chuckled and leaned forward slightly. “I umm…shouldn’t be telling you this, but my friend said you had all eyes on me…I hope for his ego’s sake he was wrong” Cassandra laughed and took a sip from her tea. “I will admit, you are an attractive man” she said, noticing the wedding ring in her pocket, trying tp forget the fact she said yes. “And” she continued, “I think you are the kinda guy who treats a girl well enough” Hyunsu frowned playfully. “How do you know I am not a serial killer or whatnot?” Cassandra smiled and leaned in, revealing her low cut top even more to him. “I can tell, handsome”

======================================================
    Sang-Ho awoke to hear the knock on his door, the familiar “This is the police, open up!” echoing through his living room. He walked over, being careful to check and see if his stolen gold was hidden and opened the door, seeing several police officers standing at attention. “Mr. Yoo, we want to ask you a few questions about a possible homicide that occurred yesterday at the Grand Jewel Hotel…witnesses thought they saw you and since you are a famous boxer, we figured we would ask you a few questions” Sang-Ho felt his stomach tighten, but he remained cool. “I wasn’t near there. I was here all night with a young fan of mine” One officer raised an eyebrow. “And what were you and that fan doing, Mr.Yoo?”

Sang-Ho grinned and held up a pair of yellow panties he had from an unknown girl he had relations with.
    “I think this should answer that question, officer” he coyly answered, the head detective replying, “Alright…I think maybe the witnesses were wrong…besides the guy wasn’t even dead” Sang-Ho frowned. “I thought you said there was a murder?” he asked, with the detective explaining, “The guy was beaten up, but alive, as evident by him taking a chunk out of one cop investigating the scene. Anyways…thank you for your time, Mr. Yoo” the police nodded and left, with Sang-Ho closing the door behind them. He remembered the man coming back from his eternal sleep, and shuddered. “I need to take some time off” he told himself. He picked up a brochure to an underground nudist bar, set in Busan in the south. “Maybe I should give it a shot” he said with a grin.

==================================
    Namil had seen the text message from Lt. P’yon, arriving at the base as ordered. He knocked on the door of the commanding officer’s building, with Lt. P’yon opening the door. “Private Im, glad you could make it” Kwan told the younger men, with Namil noticing the company of generals and officials in the room. “What is this about sir?” asked Namil, with Kwan shrugging. They sat and General Kim pushed a file in front of the two. “The man who escaped here died. He was pronounced dead a day ago, and it was confirmed he was deceased. This morning, He was found in the coroner’s office walking around and snapping at anyone who was near him. The doctor tried to administer a dose of animal grade tranquilizer on the man, but all attempts to subdue him failed. He took a chunk out of two people in the hospital, and didn’t flinch”

Kwan raised a hand, with General Kim giving him a knowing nod. “Sir” asked Kwan “What exactly are you saying with all this information, sir? Why tell us?” General Kim sighed and poured a glass of water for himself. He drank it and gravely told the two: “The man was still dead. His corpse somehow reanimated and attacked the people at the hospital. If…if this man was bit by another man infected with an unknown virus, we must be careful of prevent the widespread contamination of other populated areas” Namil interjected, “And since we were the first to have contact with the man, we are to be quarantined?” General Kim shook his head. “No no, I don’t think that will be required. But…if more people exhibit symptoms similar to the man, they are to be detained. In and around this base. Do you two understand?”

The two nodded, and stood, saluting the General as they left the building. Kwan looked up towards the blue sky and muttered, “I hope this is an isolated incident” with Namil nodding, hopeful he was right. Kwan turned to Namil, and ordered, “Go take some time off. This will all blow over real soon, and you will look back at this as a weird part of your life you tell at parties” Namil grinned and saluted his superior, running off towards his car.

===============================================
    Minji took a deep breath and saw the older man approached her, his expensive designer suit flawless as he adjusted his tie and extended a hand. “Nice to see you Ms. Yoon on such a fine day. Now, you called me concerning a possible change of heart concerning your company am I right?” he asked smugly, noticing the younger woman squirm with disgust. Minji cleared her throat and recited her speech she made in her head: “Yes Mr. Hungman, you are most correct. My financial status is too poor to ignore as of this moment, and while in the past I have declined adding my company under your company umbrella, I now think, with the housing climate growing more staunch and limited, it would be beneficial for the both of us to put aside our differences and become a joint company, with the shared assets and clients making our gains far more profitable. If you agree to this merger, we can-”

“No” suddenly interrupted Kang Hungman, his face becoming lighter and more eerily happy.
    Minji was taken aback, and stuttered, “N-n-no? What do you mean no?” Kang licked his lips and held back a cruel smile. “I mean, no we aren’t merging. I never wanted to merge, I wanted to take your clients and leave you bare. Do you honestly think you, little miss panties too tight here would get a freebie from me? You aren’t cut out for this job…you never were in the first place” Minji was stunned. “Then why hand me the card?” she whimpered. Kang’s face broke out in a large smile, as he replied “To see you eventually grovel before me. Normally, I would say yes, with a few under the table offers beforehand taking place. But you have been a pretentious little BITCH, and thought of yourself as a queen. We are never helping each other and you will never be in a position above me” He tipped an imaginary hat and left the café, leaving Minji to start crying and bawling, as he smiled even wider, leaving her with the bill for the coffee he didn’t even touch.

Ben was busy at the market, having the dual purpose of both buying new clothes and checking out the girls that frequented the store. He was eyeing one group of short skirt wearing college girls when he saw a pretty girl grabbing clothes and pants from a nearby rack. He smiled and smoothly walked over, leaning over and allowing the cologne he used to reach the girl. “So you shop here too? You have good taste, for a girl as pretty as you” he asked, deepening his voice to catch her attention. The girl turned and shot him an angry look. “If I wanted a satisfying experience, I would buy a carrot instead of being with a worm like you” she snarled, causing Ben to grin. “Hey now, babe! I wasn’t trying to offend ya. Look, I’m sorry about the intro. Name is Ben Eunsang. What’s your name?” The girl sighed. “Joo Yeon Baek. Now, can you please let me shop in peace, or are you not going to stop until I call security?”

Ben backed away and held up his hands. “Hey, come on! How about we have a few drinks, work out the kinks and try this again? I will buy for ya too, so you know I am a true gentleman” Joo Yeon held up her overcoat, revealing a handgun, and hissed “If you knew what was best for you, pervert, you would leave and never come back. Now, leave before I make you leave in a bag”
    Ben backed away and gulped. “Fine babe. Just answer me this: why have a gun and act this hostile?” Joo Yeon rolled her eyes and told Ben “I am looking for someone who died…I need to confirm a few things in order to prevent bad things from happing…now, leave” Ben nodded and left the store, shook up at the sight of the handgun and the experience. “Guess the next stop for me” he told himself, “Is the pet store. Babes love baby animals”

Later that evening, Hyunsu and Cassandra walked to the strip club where she worked, with Cassandra giving her escort a flirty smile. “So…this is what a gentleman is like after all” she teasingly gasped, with Hyunsu winking at her. “Girl like you deserves all the attention she gets, with or without clothes” Cassandra threw her head back and laughed, running a delicate hand down his chest. “God…if I didn’t have work you and I would be getting to know each other far more closely. But for now, I think you and I like this is preferable, don’t you think?” Hyunsu shrugged. “It’s not like there is anything else for me to see, your job removing that mystery after all” Cassandra took his face in her hands and kissed him deeply. “That” she said huskily “is a rain-check for later. I hope you don’t leave me hanging, handsome”

They were interrupted by a man sluggishly approaching them as if he were drunk. Hyunsu held up a hand, calmly telling the man “Whoa buddy, you had a few too many. How about you move along, yeah?” He stopped and saw sweat pouring of the man’s face, and the skin turning slightly red. He touched the man’s forehead, noticing the temperature was noticeably hot to the touch. “Jesus man, you are burning up…why are you so hot?” He noticed a red stain on the man’s stomach, and pulled the guy’s shirt up, who seemed unaware he was even there. A dark red bite mark clearly showed on the guy’s ribs, with blood dripping from the wound. “Who bit you?” He asked the man, who sluggishly slurred, “Some dude…came out of the shadows and bit me. Didn’t say a word…snarled…”

Cassandra tugged at Hyunsu’s shirt sleeve. “Hey…maybe we should call an ambulance and just go. I can take a day off” Hyunsu nodded, and pulled out his cell phone, dialing the nearest hospital. The man collapsed and began to vomit both bile and blood, as he convulsed violently. Hyunsu finally heard the operator pick up, and screamed “There is a man dying near 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and Buol Street! Hurry!!” He hung up, and noticed the man suddenly stopped convulsing, and became perfectly still.

Cassandra backed away from the body, asking meekly “Is he dead?” Hyunsu felt for a pulse, feeling none. “He’s gone…” Hyunsu exclaimed, noticing the crowd around him as a policeman rushed up and checked the man’s pulse. The ambulance arrived, and shuttled the body away.
    Cassandra clung to Hyunsu, whispering, “What just happened? People don’t get sick and die like that…” Hyunsu saw his hands covered with blood, and replied “I don’t know…but I hope whatever caused him to be like that is not contagious…or widespread”

Minji, still beaten and very upset with what had happened earlier that day, decided to go eat her sorrows away at a small noodle shop she frequented. It was a hole in the wall kind of shop, with barely enough room to accommodate 40 people, but the owners did well enough to keep open. She liked the place because it was small and felt very homelike. Also, their Bulgogi Yakisoba fusion was enough to get her to dole out the 1000 won they asked. She sat down and the owner smiled warmly at her. “Hello sweetie” the old woman said in a grandmotherly fashion, “Usual?” Minji nodded, and was passed a bottle of American beer. Minji took a long sip and toyed with the bottle cap in her hand. “Hey Momma” she asked, “You needing work anytime soon?” The owner stopped marinating the noodles and sweetly answered, “Normally, I would decline, but for you Minji, I always have a place here for you” Minji smiled and waited for her dish to finish cooking.

The plate was slid towards her, and Minji, knowing the exact amount, reached in her pocket to pay. “Sweetheart” Momma said, “Don’t worry about it. My husband and I don’t make much, but for you we make an exception” Minji smiled and held Momma’s hand. “Where is Dadda?” she asked, looking around. Momma sighed. “Sick in bed. This new flu is going around rather quickly. But he is a tough old badger, so he will carry through like the champ he is” Minji grabbed her flat chopsticks and began to eat the savory beef chunks, trying to drown her lingering thoughts with the delicious food. The TV behind her was reporting on a new strain of virus now having 100 confirmed cases across Korea, with 20 of the cases resulting in deaths.

The news anchor noted the symptoms including intense fever, nausea, hallucinations, sweaty and/or clammy skin, red eyes, engorged veins, and muscle weakness.
    She sipped her beer and stuffed a wad of noodles in her mouth, trying to distract herself even more. She noticed Momma leaning over the counter, a worried look across her face. Minji took Momma’s hand in hers, smiling warmly. “You okay Momma?” she asked, with Momma shaking her head. “Dadda is not getting better. He has the best immune system, but now, he is not recovering. He is always sweating, and has vomited twice in the past hour, leaving Sujin to man the shop while I take care of him. I don’t know what else to do”

Minji hid her worry, and suggested, “Maybe he should go to the hospital? They have stronger drugs than you do, and can accurately diagnose him” Momma smiled sadly and replied, “Oh dear child…I love you for being so worried about us old folk, but you should worry about your future, and your career. Besides, give him time and a few bowls of my kimchi soup and he will be better than ever! You just wait and see, my dear” Minji smiled back and went back to poking her noodles, thinking to herself “If there is any future of mine left”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: A trip south goes terribly wrong, and things escalate.

12. Taeyeon'sBF

Episodes 5-6 to be posted tomorrow and Friday.
    Episodes 7-10 will be posted throughout next week and the week after.

13. Taeyeon'sBF

New ep people! More to come!
    NEW CAST:
    Dr. Sook Yeulwon- Jeong Jin Yeong
    Boy on train – Lee Seung Woo (2009)
    Military Nurse - Ha Yeon Soo
    SUMMARY: A trip south goes terribly wrong, and things escalate.

EPISODE 105 – Emergency Broadcast
    The perimeter around Seoul Metropolitan Hospital was abuzz with reporters and scientists, who pried any and all information out of the panicked hospital crew. Among the people being questioned was a younger looking man with thin rectangular glasses, who announced “EVERYONE! We do not know the extent of the spread of this minor flu going around!” One reporter shouted, “Minor flu? Didn’t you say said patient died from prolonged exposure to this new ailment?” The doctor pinched the bridge of his nose and replied exasperatedly “WE WILL INFORM YOU ONCE WE HAVE A RELAIBLE ESTIMATE! THANK YOU!!”

The doctor turned and stormed into the hospital, shooting an angry look at Dr. Yung. “You had better be damn sure this thing won’t spread out of control, Seungri!” Dr. Yung pushed his glasses towards his eyes, and nodded. He saw a woman in a beige jacket enter the hospital and raise her hand. “Excuse me doctor?” she asked, with Dr. Jung checking over notes on his clipboard, exclaiming, “Look, the press is outside, so go join them there, miss” The woman replied “My name is Joo Yeon Chamseol, and my husband was the man who defected from the North” Dr. Yung raised an eyebrow. “He never mentioned a wife…how did you find out about his case?”

Joo Yeon quickly lied “I defected with him, and the news spread fast. Please…tell me what killed him won’t hurt others! My husband…he never wanted to get others sick, so I hope he didn’t inadvertently cause more harm than good” Dr. Yung pursed his lips. “His illness…was NOT a contagious one. Isolated illness I assure you” Joo Yeon leaned in close to Dr. Yung and whispered “The North is already having high casualties due to this sickness…I know it’s not isolated, and I know it can’t be cured”
    Dr. Yung pulled her aside into an empty room, closing the door behind them. He took a deep breath, and said “Alright…since you know the extent of what is happening, I think you should know these people…they aren’t sick when they wake up: they are dead” Joo Yeon shot him a horrified look, asking “How do you know?!”

Dr. Yung pocketed his glasses and looked down at his clipboard. “Several attempts to restrain your husband failed, including a liberal dosage of animal sedative, and taser based subjugation, and all failed. I theorize that everyone who is afflicted with this illness will end up the same. And the rate of infection is increasing out of our control. Whether people get sick from the virus or get bitten by one of these…Infected, the outcome is the same. You die, and you come back, but as a shell of who you were” Joo Yeon nodded and looked at her feet. “So…what should I do?” Dr.Yung put a hand on her shoulder and grimly replied “Gather supplies, and go as far away from the city as possible. Things are only going to get worse from here”
    Hyunsu sat in his apartment room, trying to shake his experiences from the previous night, unable to sleep the night away due to the shock. His trance was broken by the buzzing of his phone. He picked it up and read a new text that appeared. His face fell as Ben came in through the front door. “Hey, are you okay man?” Ben inquired, Hyunsu answering him with “My father passed, Ben…some kind of flu killed him in his sleep” Ben sat next to his friend and put a warm arm around his back. “Hey man, I’m so sorry about that…I can’t imagine going through something like that…you going to go down to Busan to see your mother?” Hyunsu nodded, tears welling in his eyes. “Yeah” sniffed the other man “Ben, could you come with? I…need a friend in times like this?” Ben nodded and asked “What about Namil? Shouldn’t he know about his passing too?” Hyunsu slowly shook his head. “Not now. His career is skyrocketing, and this would dampen his mood. Maybe tomorrow I will tell him”

Ben got up and checked his phone. “The next train leaving from here to Busan departs in 30 mins. Come on, let’s go. I’ll cover the travel costs” Hyunsu smiled sadly. “I don’t deserve a friend like you, do I?” he teasingly asked. Ben grinned and replied “Nope. Let’s go!”

The two men arrived at the train station, where people buzzed about looking at their phones and chatting with whomever they were being accompanied by as the overhead speaker announced the next departures. The boarded their train and sat down in coach, with the estimated time of arrival being two hours. “Damn” grumbled Ben “I thought this would be a quicker trip” Hyunsu was too absorbed in his grief to notice.

A few seats back, Sang-Ho sat nervously looking around him. He was going to take his gold and leave via Jeju Island, where he could make it to Japan and live like a king while the murder suspicion wafted away. In the car behind theirs, an onboard nurse was treating a man who had collapsed, vomit bubbling through his mouth. The train attendant nervously asked “Did he die from the strange illness?” with the nurse feeling his forehead. “He burnt up…yeah he did…” She bit her lip and stepped away from the man. The man’s wife ran up and gasped “Look! He is still alive!! His arm moved!” She knelt down and cradled his head, sobbing “Boo Yun, you’re alright!!” The man snarled and pulled her close, tearing out her throat, while the nurse pulled her away from him. The man stood, grabbing the nurse and ripped her neck wide open, causing blood to spray everywhere. The attendant went to open the door, and noticed it was still locked.
    She screamed in terror, and was drug away from the door, her stomach being torn open and her innards being consumed as her cries were unheard by the passengers.

===================================================
    Hyunsu and Ben sat staring at the small TV screen affixed to the back of the seat in front of theirs, both silent. Finally, Ben inquired “So, you and your father weren’t close?” Hyunsu shook his head. “He didn’t like my choices before joining the army. Said I was too violent for my own good” Ben frowned, “Wait…you? You were violent?” Hyunu snorted “Yeah…people would call me Agma…monster. I was a bully before this, but being in the army taught me it’s better to work together, and that was the best thing to happen to me” He reclined in his chair slightly. Ben nodded, and looked back down the rows. “Where is the attendee? We should have been served drinks by now” Hyunsu realized this also, and pressed the attendee button on his armrest. The button blinked, but no one came to his call.

Ben got up and looked into the attendee window, the port hole covered with a blue curtain. He looked over at a nervous Sang-Ho and asked “Hey, did you see the female attendee go in here lately”? Sang-Ho slowly nodded. “Yeah…why?” “Well” Ben explained “We haven’t seen her in like an hour. And usually they bug us for drinks every 20 minutes” They then heard a loud thump, and a muffled scream from the next car behind them. Several of the men stood, with Hyunsu running up to Ben and Sang-Ho. “What was that?!” he demanded, when the door opened.

The attendee, dressed in her formerly white and blue pencil skirt now stood before them covered in blood, her stomach having been torn open and her innards dangling from her exposed belly. She snarled and behind her eight other blood covered people approached, growling and clawing at the other passengers. The car behind the people was soaked in blood, with the smell of iron and meat hanging heavy. Hyunsu shoved the woman down, with one man screaming “THEY ARE INFECTED!!! THE RUMORS WERE TRUE!!” Sang-Ho reached in his bag, and began to wrap his fists in boxing tape, handing Ben a letter opener. “Use this!” he ordered.
    Ben stabbed the infected in the heart, the former woman not even flinching as she grabbed Ben by the arm and tried to take a bite. Sang-Ho grabbed the infected by the head and slammed it into the door frame, knocking her down. Ben pulled out the letter opener, and looked at Sang-Ho with surprise. “Head must be the only part vulnerable. Attack the head!” Another infected lunged at Ben, but he counter-stepped, pushing the walker against the door frame and stabbing it in the temple, dropping it. Hyunsu noticed an umbrella and yanked off the cloth and spindles, leaving the metal rob exposed, after popping off the rubber tip. The three of them, backed up by a handful of other passengers made their way through the car, as Sang-Ho slammed his fist into the jaw of a nearby infected, sending it flying to the floor.

Ben noticed a dead police officer and handed the gun to Hyunsu, while himself taking his nightstick. Hyunsu shot an infected woman in the head, with Ben cracking open the head of a teenage infected. Sang-Ho threw one infected and pummeled the head with his fists, sledgehammers that pounded the skull until a loud wet crunch was heard. Hyunsu shot another and another, with Ben snapping his nightstick in two, and using the sharp ends to stab the walker he was tackling. The people behind them rushed in, using whatever weapons they had to attack the infected.

Finally, the last infected was pinned to the floor by Sang-Ho, with Ben stabbing the head with his now gore covered broken stick shaft. The train sped by the countryside, with silence now piercing the air. The entire back car was filled with dead corpses, with the fighters now exhausted from the fight. Ben gasped “Is that all of them?” with Sang-Ho nodding. Hyunsu held up a finger and pointed to the bathroom, which was closed, with banging coming from the other side. He and Sang-Ho approached the door, with Ben holding the broken nightstick at the ready. Hyunsu threw open the door.

Out tumbled a young boy, covered in bloody clothes who shielded himself from the men. Ben lowered his weapon and soothingly said “Hey little guy! It’s alright…we won’t hurt you” He held out a hand, and the boy took it, tumbling into Ben’s arms, sobbing uncontrollably. Sang-Ho asked the boy “Where are your parents, kid?” with the boy pointing to a pair of corpses behind the seat next to him. “Ben” Hyunsu told his friend “He was bit” Ben looked and saw the boy’s side had been bitten, with the fever already setting in. “Christ” mumbled Sang-Ho as Ben clung to the boy. “It’s gonna be okay little buddy” he told the child, trying to comfort him from the pain.
    Hyunsu heard the boy begin to wheeze, and the passengers who were watching this unfold began to quarrel among themselves. “The boy needs medical attention!” one woman said, while another man snarled back “He is bit! He needs to be killed to prevent spreading the virus!” Ben shouted in horror “HE IS A CHILD! You can’t just decide to take his life-” a gunshot caused everyone to jump, and Ben felt the child become limp, and slide out of his arms. He looked up and saw Hyunsu lowering his borrowed pistol, the barrel still smoking.

Ben looked at his friend, horrified. “You killed that kid!!” he screamed, with Hyunsu calmly replying “He was bitten. That’s how it spreads” His friend confusedly demanded through his tears “What do you mean?!” Sang-Ho answered for him with “This virus kills us, makes us come back, and we bite other people, and they die and turn. That is how it’s gotten so prevalent thus far…people getting bitten by other people” Ben’s lips quivered with rage and grief “But” he stammered “He was a kid Hyunsu! Just a goddamn kid!” Sang-Ho put a hand on the man’s back and exclaimed “Get over it. The kid was a ticking time bomb. Your friend saved your life in the end” Ben sat on the floor, his hands and shirt covered in blood, as the train speaker blared “Now arriving at: Busan Metropolitan Train Station”

=======================================
    Dr. Yung sat in the hospital cafeteria, watching with the rest of the patrons as the television changed from a mindless soap to a large black box, with red letters streaming by the top. A digitized voice issued the following warning: “By the request of the South Korean Government, this is an alert warning all citizens of an unknown virus outbreak, effecting several cities already, including: Daegu, Ulsan, Suwon, Pohang, Sejong City, Jinju, Gyeongju, and Busan. Any citizens in the area afflicted with a severe case of Nausea, fever, shakes, hallucinations, or any unusual side effects should report themselves or anyone they see with aforementioned side effects to a medical official immediately. Stay calm, and listen for more announcements from this broadcasting service” The message was followed with a hauntingly dull, prolonged beep, which sent shivers down people’s spines. One nurse piped up “So…what will we do once the sick come flooding into our hospital? What then?” The head doctor, Dr. Sook Yeulwon, an older man with a head of graying hair, replied “Then we will do what we can to save them”

The room shifted their attention to Dr. Yeulwon as he continued “We are all medical professionals here. We are trusted by the people here to keep them not only healthy, but alive. We are the only things standing in the way of this…virus. We will find a cue, and save our country from losing too many people”
    Dr. Yung held up a hand and exclaimed “The people they are warning us about aren’t sick” The room then had all eyes on him, with Dr. Yeulwon indignantly huffing “Well what makes you know-all-be-all of this situation, hmm?” Dr. Yung walked up to him and shoved a handful of files in his hands. “These files are all from people having been bitten by people infected with this disease. Case one, patient died and reanimated. Case two, patient died and reanimated. Case three, four, five, twenty, seventy three, they all ended the same. We are dealing with a disease that kills, KILLS everything it comes into contact with. We are not ready for this, and the flood of people coming in will be too much for us to handle, and there will be overwhelming casualties!!”

Dr. Yeulwon growled “You are scaring the people here, Seungri” Dr. Yung roared “They should be! This disease is going to kill a huge percentage of the people, and its spreading globally. North Korea has been affected also. China has reports of the same symptoms in over one thousand cases. As does Mongolia, Russia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Burma and Taiwan. North and South America, Europe, and Australia are reporting similar cases. This is not an isolated flu we are dealing with here. This is the end of our way of life…the end of us as a species, and the dead will be all that’s left”

He sighed and stormed out of the room, leaving behind the stunned nurses and doctors as the TV again blared the same warning broadcast.
    Dr. Yung got in his car and dialed his wife’s phone, with the call soon being answered. “Listen, hun, I need you and Soonkyu to get here to the hospital as soon as you can. We…might have to leave for the countryside retreat you always wanted. No no, don’t worry, it’s not anything related to work, it’s something different” his eyes widened. “What do you mean she is sick?!” he listened and his face fell. “Fever…vomiting…are you sure?” he lip twitched “I understand babe. Just…get her here as soon as possible…please…I love you two…goodbye” He hung up, and gripped the steering wheel tight enough to cause physical pain to shoot through his hands. He then, alone in his car, screamed in a bout of both fury and grief.

Kwan and Namil met at the military post, with Kwan handing the young man a document. Namil read it and asked “This Hye Wook woman…she defected from North Korea, but why?” Kwan shrugged. “That’s what they wanted us to interrogate her for” Namil frowned unhappily. “I don’t think interrogate is the right word, Lieutenant. Maybe be more comforting, sir?” Kwan nodded. “Yeah, private, that might be a better term to use. Let’s go see what the fuss is about, shall we?” they went over to the building where the woman was held, when a scream was heard coming from the medical tent. They ran over and saw a man, his face drained of color and his midsection dripping blood, getting off from the cot he was on.

Kwan demanded “Where did he come from?” the nurse shouted frantically “He was trying to steal weapons, and he was shot. He was shot on site! He died there in the field!!” The man lumbered towards her, reaching out and growling a deep throaty rumble. Kwan and Namil drew their pistols and opened fire, all of their shots hitting the man in the back. The man turned around and lunged towards the two men, grabbing Kwan and pushing on the ground. Kwan suddenly realized the man was far stronger than usual, and had great difficulty pushing him off, with the man’s bloody teeth snapping at his face.

Namil kicked the man, to no avail, and Kwan suddenly felt the man push even hard, his face now very close to his. He was about ready to try and wrestle the man when a gunshot ended the man’s existence, blood and brains splattering across the grass. Kwan was helped up by Namil, and they looked to see a woman, armed with a North Korean pistol turning herself in. Namil brushed Kwan off and demanded “Who are you, and what did you just do?” The woman threw her pistol to the ground and replied “My name is Joo Yeon Baek, and I am the girlfriend of Hye Wook…and I just saved your life from that monster. I have much to tell you…if you will listen”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: Tensions rise between North and South Korea, with people’s lives slowly eroding.

14. Taeyeon'sBF

NEW CAST:
    Min Ju Yim - Kim Mi Kyung
    Kim Jong Un – Park Jae-sang AKA PSY
    General Suk Yul Choi – Yu Hae Jin
    Ha-Joon – Kim Tae-Woo
    Pawn Store Owner Pyaek - Kim Heung Soo

Summary: Tensions rise between North and South Korea, with people’s lives slowly eroding.

EPISODE 106 – Collateral
    Kwan stood outside the officer’s building, impatient about the progress they were having on the woman who saved his life not mere minutes ago. He sat on the metal bench and toyed with his dog-tags, given to him when he first joined 4 years ago. He felt more comfortable in the military, and this was where he belonged, deciding to stay even after his mandatory 2 year service term expired. Namil sat next to him and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a drag. Kwan furrowed his brows with amusement. “You smoke, private?” Namil nodded. “Stress is driving me to do more and more things I would have never done before. Smoking, one night stands, gambling,…I hate myself for it” Kwan took the cigarette out of his mouth and took a single puff. “So why do you have the stress?”

Namil shrugged. “My brother Hyunsu Dae Im…he was a huge deal from what I heard. Always scoring highly on his tests, outperforming everyone, having near perfect aim…he was a god in the army” Kwan smiled and replied “Well, as someone who knew him growing up, and from his time here at this very base, he was good…but not perfect” Namil frowned. “What do you mean?” Kwan opened a snack bar and took a small bite. “He was a great shot. He was excellent at exercise training. And yes, he always got 99’s in his tests. But, he also had a terrible temper. Once, a soldier here sexually assaulted an American girl, and he beat him half to death. He was not charged, but we all knew it was him. He never told anyone but me”

As he told the story Namil’s mouth fell open even more. “So…why tell me this?” Kwan tossed the wrapper on the ground and replied “So that way you don’t end up becoming his shadow. Be the men you want to be, and not who everyone expects you to be. Even if it makes the person you are modeling yourself after angry”

Joo Yeon sat in front of a company of commanders and public officials, all staring at her with accusing glares. One, an older woman with age beginning to creep up on her, began with “So Miss Baek, you defected from the North Korean army with your friend Hye Wook, to tell us the virus everyone is so scared of has actually spread? And that would help us…how?” Joo Yeon gave Hye a comforting smile and returned with “Its not just the illness…North Korea has declared this was an act of war against them by your government. The supreme leader declared a state of emergency, and that military actions would take place, against your cities, due to this incursion” The woman, named Min Ju Yim, scoffed “Oh what nonsense! We would be warned by our Japanese neighbors if any provocation occurred”
    Joo Yeon laughed at the comment and scoffed “Assuming they aren’t trying to keep this illness contained within their borders also. This is bigger than either you or I, and you won’t realize that until you are dead”

Kim Jong Un stood on a hill overlooking the DMZ, where UN and South Korean soldiers patrolled the borders, with a handful of North Korean soldiers on the other side. “General Choi” he ordered “Send a small party and eliminate the soldiers patrolling the border pass. I want to have a clear shot at this attack without any complications” General Choi, an older man with a bald head and a thin face, looked on with worry and responded “That would prove to be difficult, since we would have to take out any surrounding military bases to stop radio communications”

Un pursed his thin lips and squinted his small eyes. “True” he said, “But if we act fast, we will have them taken by complete surprise” General Choi bowed his head and asked the Supreme Leader “Sir, if I may speak freely…” Un nodded, prompting the general to continue “If we do this, the UN will take action, and China might not remain by our side. I am not questioning your will, but I am just asking if you are fully aware of the possible outcomes this attack will have”
    The Supreme Leader sighed and took off his gloves. “I am” he said confidently “I know this could go wrong, but as long as the South is in our grasp, they will negotiate. I am sure of that” The General picked up his cold war era radio and told his commander on the other end: “Send a squad of 20 soldiers along the DMZ. Make sure to scope out any and all possible snipers and patrol guards”

The commander, a young man with a boyish face, responded “Yes sir!” while waving at his men to tale positions. One soldier caught sight of a patrolling US soldier, and lined up a shot, when he heard a low growl from his left. He turned sharply, and was pounced on by an infected man, who tore open the soldier’s stomach, and began to feast on the innards, while the soldier, in a state of shock, could barely make a noise. Another infected man walked up to the body and began to feast as well.

A soldier walked by the position of his fallen comrade and saw the infected consuming his friend, horrified at the sight. Another female infected came out if the bushes and the soldier shot her in the head, alerting a nearby US soldier. The US soldier shouted “*STOP! DON”T MOVE!” only to have his arm nicked by an errant bullet. The remaining soldiers opened fire, shooting the South Korean and UN patrol guard, while the DMZ defenders themselves opened fire, the two sides exchanging fire with each other as the dead began to consume the bodies of the freshly deceased.

Minji sat in her bed, the bottle of painkillers she took daily now empty. “I can’t do this…live with the shame of having Hungman lording over me…” she told herself. She got out of bed and went down the street to the small “JuJu Jolly” convenience store, and took a fresh bottle of painkillers to the front counter. The ownerrung her up, with the TV above him showing the Emergency Broadcast over and over again. The owner handed her the bag and said “No charge” Minji was stunned. “But…why?” He pointed to the TV and replied “Soon, this money won’t matter. When things gets bad, I am expecting looters to come here, so you are probably my last civil customer” he held up a sawed off shotgun and then stuffed it under the table. “Go on” he said, “Get out of here while you can” Minji nodded and shuffled out of the shop, while the owner kept a cautious eye open around him.

She got home and saw her phone had received a new text message while she was out. She opened the message and it read: “Minji, this is Namil. We need to meet…I want to talk to you about a few things” She smiled to herself and muttered “He really wants a booty call, huh?” as she packed her purse. She then stopped and pulled out her phone, sending the following text: “Come here and we can talk it out. You know the place J” She smiled slightly to herself and plopped down on the couch awaiting the young man’s arrival.

Cassandra was sitting in her dressing room, looking over her engagement ring with mild disappointment. It was a nice ring, but she was unhappy with her fiancé, and his business. His car dealerships made a decent profit, but she never even really liked him. Still, he was nice to her, and bought her everything she could ask for, so why leave she thought to herself. A fellow stripper ran in her room and barked “Hey! You have a full crowd tonight! Get ready to go out there!” Cassandra sighed and got up, adjusting her bra strap. She opened the door to find her fiancé, Ha-Joon, standing there with a cupcake in his hand. “Thought you might want this” he said, blushing the entire time.

Cassandra faked a smile and kissed him on the cheek, commenting “Thank you so much my love!! Tell you what…after I get off work, I will eat it. Make me more energetic afterwards!” Ha-Joon grinned and exclaimed “WONDERFUL! Hey, babe, I need I go sign some papers, BUT…I will watch you perform tonight…give you enthusiasm. I can’t stay, since I have work to do, but at least you will have company” Cassandra put the cupcake on her desk and replied “Sweetie, that will be wonderful! See you soon!” Ha-Joon left, with Cassandra waiting a moment before throwing the cupcake in the trash can.

She stood behind the curtain, the baying of aroused men and patrons growing louder as she stuck a single exposed leg outside the curtains. “PLEASE, MAKE WAY FOR THE HOTTEST GODDESS HERE IN THE CLUB, MISS CASSSSSSANDRA CHALLLLLSEOO!!!” She swallowed and flung open the curtains, dressed in a maid’s outfit as she strutted onto the stage. Men around her clawed at her feet, only to fail in their attempts to touch her. She plastered on a sultry smile and looked around as a thick metal pole rose from the platform, reaching the ceiling and afterwards securing tight with a clink. She wrapped a leg around the pole, and spun around the pole, causing the patrons to howl with glee. She saw in the back Ha-Joon, smiling a kind and oddly adorable smile that was different from the sexually hungry men under her.

She hung on the pole, dropping her body down as she slowly unzipped her top, allowing the maid corset to drop to the platform. She spun down slowly, throwing off the black frilly skirt and was now in her hot pink lingerie, as the song became more intense. She swallowed her pride, and began to unhook the latches of her bra-
    “OH MY GOD!!!” a patron screamed, causing the room to grow silent. Gasps and hushed whispers replacing the now dead trance electro beat. The patron screamed “He overdosed on Heroin!! Call an ambulance!!” A man rushed over and saw that not only one man died, but another two with needles in their arms as they slumped over the table. He reached over and felt for a pulse, only to find nothing. Before he could an announcement he saw the eyes of one man open, and he rushed over, asking if he was okay.

The man’s face had drained, with his eyes now a dull grey and his mouth darkened as he grabbed the patron and tore out his throat. The other two men also awoke, clambering out of their tables and lunging towards the horrified crowd. Cassandra ran as one stripper was grabbed by the ankle and drug towards the reanimated man, who then began to tear her open, spraying blood everywhere. The bouncers began to attack the man with whatever they could find, with Ha-Joon getting buried among the crowd of panicked patrons.

As she fell to the cold pavement outside, Cassandra saw a bouncer rushing past her, his hand planted over his neck, blood dripping everywhere. More people ran past her, with the strip-club now totally empty. She looked inside and saw the infected patrons stumbling around, with one feasting on the body of a dead stripper, tearing into the chest and stomach as if she was a roast pig. She tried to not scream, as she ran away, jumping into her car and sped towards her house.
    She arrived at her house and stumbled inside, as a neighbor jeered “Hey you’re naked you know that?” She ignored him and slammed the door shut, falling against it as she finally broke down from what she saw.

Min Ju Yim furrowed her brows in anger. “Miss Baek” she grumbled “I am losing patience. If you don’t divulge details concerning war preparations, nuclear capabilities, or other useful tips you could be charged with treasonous actions” Joo Yeon sighed and reclined in her metal folding chair. “I do not know. I was a soldier, yes, but I was not given any information about any battle techniques or formations. All that you know now is all I know. Now, you can either lock me away, or let me help you”
    Min Ju picked up a radio and barked “Lieutenant Kwan, report in here” Kwan entered the building and saluted the woman, who ordered “Lieutenant, take her to the Seoul immigrant processing station. If she and her friend want to help us, they will have to be naturalized first. Be sure she doesn’t give you any trouble” Kwan nodded and took Joo Yeon by the arm, dragging her with him to the jeep parked nearby. He closed the doors and started the vehicle, pulling out of the army base and onto the main road.

He looked over at her and turned off his radio. “Look” he told his passenger “I know you aren’t trying anything stupid. Still, what makes you think things will get worse here?” Joo Yeon glared at him, replying “I saw Pyongyang start to crumble. I also heard reports of these…infected here in South Korea too. The illness can’t be stopped I’m telling you” Kwan shook his head. “We can make it through this. All we need is some-” The chat was interrupted when he stuck a man who had wandered into the streets, sending him flying away from the jeep. Kwan gasped and quickly unbuckled himself, running over to check on the man. Joo Yeon opened her door and shouted “He is not alive!! He will kill you!”

Kwan ignored her and rolled the man over, seeing the face of the person he struck: the entire lower half had been chewed off, revealing muscle and bone, with the lips now long gone, leaving only the exposed teeth to snap at him. Kwan pulled himself away from the infected man and backed away. He heard a shot, and saw the man slump to the ground, blood oozing out from a bullet hole to the forehead. Kwan looked at Joo Yeon, and saw she had taken a pistol from the jeep, having used it to shoot the infected man. He drew his own pistol and ordered “Drop it!!” Joo Yeon threw the pistol to the ground and replied “I just saved your life Lieutenant. Maybe instead of threatening to shoot me you should say thank you” Kwan lowered his pistol and picked up the discarded Beretta.

“You obviously know more about this illness than I do. What happened in North Korea that you left out during your questioning?” Joo Yeon shrugged. “The soldiers and police have no clue how to fight these things, and think they are just sick people that can be killed like you or I. They think they can win…” Kwan pointed to the car. “Get in. I am getting you and your friend out of here. My other friend Ken will get her to a nearby harbor. Then you can get to Japan. Things should be safer there” Joo Yeon cocked her head. “Why do that for me? You don’t even know me and you are already throwing your career away” Kwan gripped the steering wheel and muttered “My father left me to save his own skin. I…was the son of a North Korean immigrant. He left me and my mother on the border to avoid getting shot. I cannot let that happen again, especially under these circumstances”

Cassandra collected herself and grabbed all the jewelry, electronics and other valuables, tossing them in a bag and taking them to the nearby pawnshop. The owner, a slimly man with greasy hair, eyeballed her the entire time she was in the shop, as he looked over all the things she brought in. “This is quite the haul you have here. Why, if I may ask, did you bring it?” Cassandra stared at the ring on the table, being the one Ha-Joon gave her and lied “Short on bills. Besides, I can always get more bling later” The owner went to the cash register and handed her a thick wad of bills. “Comes to one million Won (around 800 dollars US). Need anything else that’s more…lucrative?” She looked him in the eyes and replied “I need a gun. What can you get me?” The owner pulled out a Glock 21, along with 3 extra clips.
    “You do realize” the owner quietly told her “It is illegal to own a firearm, especially without a military or police license, right?” Cassandra nodded and replied “I don’t care. I’ll take it” The owner raised an eyebrow and replied “Well…the gun with all the accessories here will cost you either all your money that you got for the shit you brought in…or you can pay another way” He grinned maliciously. Cassandra smiled and pranced over behind the counter, revealing an exposed leg. As he gawked at her, she pulled out an ice pick and stabbed him in the heart, allowing his body to slump to the floor pouring blood. She grabbed the gun and the money, running out of the store.

As soon as she got home, she stuffed the dress she was wearing in the washing machine and put the gun and ammo under the sofa. She loaded the money into a small metal box, and grabbed her passport. “Japan, here I come” she said to herself, as she left her apartment.

The owner awoke, and stood, growling and snarling as a customer walked in, a stolen Xbox in his arms. “Hey” the man rudely called out “I have some more loot for you. Pyaek, you here?” he saw the infected and walked over to him as the infected owner stumbled towards the customer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: Hyunsu and co arrives at Busan, while armies clash with the dead quickly outnumbering them.

15. Taeyeon'sBF

Episodes 7-8 will be posted on the 7th & 10th respectively.

16. Taeyeon'sBF

Episodes 7-9 will be released tomorrow, friday and saturday. 110 will be released monday the week after.

17. Taeyeon'sBF

NEW CAST:
    Bo-Gyeong Im – Moon Hee-Kyung
    Major Yun – Han Kook Jin
    General Byun He Choi - Shin Hyun Joon

SUMMARY: Hyunsu and co arrives at Busan, while armies clash with the dead quickly outnumbering them.

EPISODE 107 – Busan in Flames
    The overhead speaker crackled “Welcome to Busan” as the doors screeched open, revealing the chaos that was Busan. People were running past the train, arms full of electronics, jewelry, food, or anything they thought was valuable. Hyunsu and Ben navigated their way through the crowd, with Sang-Ho following the two. They came across an overwhelmed ticket teller who had locked the door to her stall closed, and asked her “What the hell is happening?” The teller winced “Don’t hurt me please!” Ben held up a calm hand. “We aren’t going to. Now, what is going on, miss?” The teller relaxed slightly and replied “The illness is spreading out of control. They are going to shut down all transportation in 4 hours if the riots and infected people are controlled” Ben nodded, and they left, as the teller slammed her metal window shut behind them.

They passed through a group of screaming protestors, one of which asked a confused Ben “Are you feeling the anger too, man?” Ben frowned “What is going on here?” The man jeered at the cops and then replied “Cops killed a few sick people simply needing help. Shot them in the head without any warning! Murdered by the people entrusted to keep us safe!” Hyunsu pushed Ben through the crowd, as the police shouted through a loudspeaker “BACK AWAY FROM THE QUARENTINED AREA! DO NOT INTERFERE WITH POLICE!! CIVIL DISCOURSE IS NOT ALLOWED, AND WILL BE PUNISHED WITH CRIMINAL ACTION!!” More police, dressed in Kevlar and riot gear approached the boiling group of angry protestors, their shield’s raised to block thrown objects, including bottles and rocks.

The route to Hyunsu’s father’s house was a short distance away from the station, away from the raging riots and looting in the main center of the city. Ben turned to see Sang-Ho following them and asked “Don’t you have somewhere to be?” Sang-Ho shrugged “No anymore” Hyunsu looked back and told the boxer “Thanks for the help earlier. Couldn’t have made it without your help friend” Sang-Ho playfully saluted the man, and they soon arrived at the Im household, now dark and lifeless. It was a larger house, two stories with a brown roof and a small garden to the side of the 2 car garage. The Im family was rich, and everyone in the neighborhood looked to them as akin to royality. Hyunsu poked his head in the door, not seeing any sign of life inside. “Mom? MOM? It’s me, Hyusu! Mom?” Ben stepped inside, seeing a table covered in framed photographs next to the leather sofa, all of which had the Im family on various vacations. “This you?” he asked, showing Hyunsu a photo. “No…its Namil. That was when he was 6 I think. Mom always favored him”

Sang-Ho sniffed the air. “Smells like copper” he noted, with the other two men noticing the pungent metallic smell also. “Might be an electrical appliance that died” commented Ben, with the stairs leading to the upper level now dark. Hyunsu flipped the switch and saw a blood trail leading up the stairs and into the room nearest the landing. “Oh god” murmured Ben as they heard a creaking of the floorboards above them. Hyunsu went into the kitchen and came back handing each person a knife. “Just in case” he whispered.

Sang-Ho went first, silently sneaking up the steps and steeping behind the door, with Hyunsu following him. Hyunsu flung open the door to find a half eaten body greet him, the remnants of his father. He pounced on top of his son, snapping and snarling at his face, as Hyunsu fought to get him away from his face. “DAD!” he yelped, failing to get the heavier body off his. Ben yanked the head of his father away from Hyunsu’s face and sank the knife deep into the eyeball of Hyunu’s father, causing the writhing body to suddenly stop and become limp.

Hyunsu shoved the corpse off his chest, and nodded at Ben, who wiped his nose, visibly upset at what he had done. They then heard another set of footsteps approaching them, and Hyunsu looked up seeing a thin, older woman approaching him. He raised his knife to hear a faint voice call out “Honey…is that you?” Hyunsu dropped his knife and embraced his mother, feeling the skin of his mother being noticeably hot to the touch. “Jesus mom….what happened?” Hyunsu asked with his mother, Bo-Gyeong, looking at her arm, a large bite mark on her arm. “Mom…” breathed Hyunsu, feeling a cold pit grow in his stomach as he examined the wound. “I know” Bo-Gyeong sighed. “It’s going to end up killing me” she explained “But I had to lock your father up. He was dangerous, and he would have ended up killing me”
    Sang-Ho looked at her arm and replied “Looks like he already did, ma’am”

Bo-Gyeong smiled sadly and poured herself a glass of tea, drinking it and holding Hyunsu’s hand. “Honey, get out of here. The riots and chaos will soon destroy this city, and I can’t risk you getting caught up in that” Hyunsu stepped behind his mother and hugged her. “I love you mom” he said, tears in his eyes as he kissed his cheeks. “I love you too, son. I am so proud of you. Take care of Namil please” Hyunsu nodded and choked “I will” He then yanked her head back and stabbed her in the eye, letting her now limp body slump to the floor. Ben covered his mouth and threw up on the floor. “DUDE, SHE WAS SICK!” he gasped “You didn’t have to just kill her!!” Sang-Ho helped a despondent Hyunsu up, brushing him off as he replied “Yes, he did Ben. Deal with it”.

They left the house, crossing into a street now clogged with rioters and riot control police. A half naked woman approached the police line, sluggishly groaning and reaching for them, her neck torn open and blood gushing from her wound. One officer shot the woman in the head, dropping her. Almost instantly, a firebomb flew past the group, splashing against the shields of the police line, who now beat their shields with their batons, as smoke grenades were flung into the hoard of angry, frothing people.

The three ran into an alley, now filled with riot control approaching the men. “This way!” shouted Ben, as they ducked through a small noodle shop, running past the patrons inside. They arrived at the station, seeing the station now overrun with terrified people trying to board the train. The screen above them showed the time for the last train was in 10 minutes. “Sang-Ho, Ben” Hyunsu exclaimed “We need to board that train, and get back to Seoul as soon as we can!” Ben nodded, his face white as chalk, with Sang-Ho patting Hyunsu’s back. “We should take the train” he suggested “Otherwise we get eaten up by the riot. Come on, let’s board it” Hyunsu shook the man’s hand, as they pushed through the crowd.
    Cassandra pulled into the airport driveway, noticing a large number of people already clogging the entrance as she grabbed her luggage. She made her way through the people and shoved a wad of 10000 Won bills into the booking ladies’ face. “One flight to Tokyo!” she quipped, with the lady shoving the money away from her. “It’s all I have, come on!” she begged, with the lady grouchily barking “All flights are cancelled. The Military called a no fly order effective immediately. You aren’t going anywhere miss”

Cassandra sighed and sat down, stuffing the wad of cash in her pocket as she checked her phone. Several texts from Ha-Joon were received, all him whining about how she left him behind. As she readied herself to reply to him, a man shouted “Hey! That plane is taking off!” She got up and saw a 747 prepping for takeoff, as they heard the sounds of jets passing overhead.

Inside the plane, the pilot readied the controls as the craft glided down the runway. His co-pilot screamed “The jets are firing on us captain!!”
    Cassandra and the others watched as the jets launched missiles at the plane, filled with over 100 people. The plane’s side exploded as soon as the missiles slammed into the fuselage, spewing shards of white hot metal as the plane nosedived and slammed into the runway, a plume of fire blossoming from the impact. Everyone in the airport screamed in horror, as they scurried out of the building. Cassandra made her way to her car, when a man grabbed her and forced her to the ground, undoing his belt. “Might as enjoy it while it lasts!” he roared. Cassandra saw a broken bottle next to her wheel and grabbed it, shoving it into his neck as he tried to force himself on her. The bottle sliced open many arteries, causing blood to spray everywhere around Cassandra. As the man wandered off, clutching his neck, Cassandra got up and climbed inside her car, starting it and tearing out of the airport driveway, tears in her eyes.
    ==================================

Namil arrived at Minji’s apartment, knocking on the door as soon as he came close. The door opened, and Minji answered him, dressed in a bath robe. “Let me guess kid” she teasingly asked “You came here wanting another adventure, soldier?” Namil shook his head. “I need to talk to you about something very serious, Minji. Please, can we talk?” The woman nodded and allowed him inside, several bottles littering the hardwood floor under them. “You have been drinking a bit I see” Namil noted as Minji sat down on the sofa, Namil sitting next to her. “Look, I know you and I aren’t a thing, but I felt the need to tell you this” he began, with Minji interrupting him, “If you are here to say you love me, don’t. It was a onetime deal, okay?” Namil shook his head. “NO! I am here to tell you that you and everyone here in South Korea are in danger. This illness…whatever it is, is killing people, and not just here but in North Korea also. It’s spreading like wildfire, and is not being contained”

Minji’s eyes widened. “I saw the emergency broadcast on the TV the other night…but I didn’t think anything of it. So it’s actually serious?” Namil handed her a camcorder. “This is the effects of the illness” he explained, pointing to the footage of a man banging against a Plexiglass window as doctors and scientists examined him. “It kills you, and makes you die. High temperature fever that burns you out. Then…you wake up like this. A monster that isn’t capable of higher thinking or moral reasoning”
    Minji gulped and felt the color drain from her face. “It spreads from bites, doesn’t it?” she asked, with Namil nodding in acknowledgement. “God…Momma and Dadda” she muttered to herself as she leaned back, her hands pressed against her face. “Namil, sweetie” she asked, the younger man leaning forward awaiting her question, “What are we going to do about this?” Namil bit his lower lip and expelled air from his nose. “I think” he said, trying to mask his fear “We will have to bunker down, and make do with the world left after this is done”

On the Northern border, troops readied themselves for combat, with tanks and jeeps waiting for action. The field commander screamed “Launch missiles!” Missiles from nearby platforms released their payload, and soldiers began to open fire on the DMZ patrol guards. Soldiers began to fall under the hail of North Korean gunfire, when suddenly return fire picked off several Northern soldiers. A battalion of UN and South Korean soldiers returned fire, with light anti-infantry vehicles and jeeps laying down suppressing fire.

Bullets and rockets flew around them, with soldiers on both sides falling to the white hot metal rain. Several soldiers noticed the ground becoming tacky with blood, as more and more people fell. Suddenly, the DMZ wall was pierced by a tank shell, as North Korean tanks and vehicles tore through the opening. More shells and missiles were exchanged, with the air hot and thick from the fire.
    As the battle raged on, several of the now dead soldiers on both sides began to rise, their torn up or blown apart bodies now sluggishly stumbling towards the soldiers that were too focused on the other side. At once soldiers from both camps were being attacked, turning their fire on the now awakened infected who attacked the living in droves. North Korean soldiers backed away from the battle, as the dead began to slowly but surely outnumber them, while the South Korean defenders picked off the revived corpses of their fallen comrades.

Watching from afar, Major Yun turned to the Supreme Leader and carefully suggested “We are losing too many soldiers to both the defending troops and the dead. I suggest, sir, that we pull out and instead switch to aerial bombardment of the bases” Kim Jong Un mulled over the option for a moment, watching the battle rage on, with the horrifying screams of the soldiers on the field carrying over to where the two were watching. “Push another battalion” Un ordered “We need to push through and quash the remaining defenders, allowing a better strategic platform. We must-” Major Yun grabbed him by the collar and shouted “But the dead are killing our men! Every time we lose or kill a man, they come back! We need to pull back!” Un shook himself loose and shot the Major a sour look. “I gave you an order. And you will follow through with it. NOW!”

Major Yun sighed and saluted the Supreme Leader, issuing the order over the radio.
    On the other side of the battlefield, South Korean generals oversaw the battle, watching as soldiers fell to both bullets and the infected, the radioed screams and pleas from the dying soldiers filling the small room they were in. The 4 star general of the Korean army, General Byun He Choi, a grizzled yet handsome older man, clicked off the radio and sank in his chair. “Call the president. She will want to know the situation” A Captain ran in, panting as he handed the General a folder. He looked it over and gasped “Busan is out of military control?!” The captain nodded. “Sir” he wheezed “Rioters and the infected are pushing the remaining riot control and soldiers out. It’s…rumored we will have to abandon the city…it’s too late to save”

General Choi wrung his hands in frustration. “Dammit. We cannot lose Busan to a bunch of angry kids!” He took a drink and looked at the Captain. “What is the current infection rate?” The Captain looked over his notes, and his face instantly flushed. “Sir…it’s at 85% according to the Health administrators. Busan and the other southernmost cities are reporting higher infection rates overall”

General Choi’s mouth fell open. Another Colonel murmured “But….we cannot contain a spread that large” General Choi slowly nodded. “We can’t…we have to secure Seoul at least. Busan might be in ruins at the end of this, but we can still protect what we can” He adjusted himself and turned to the Captain. “You have family, son?” The Captain nodded. “My mother and girlfriend, sir. Why?” The General leaned forward and replied somberly “Because soon, you three might have to get the hell out of here. If the time comes, and this is to everyone here, when you have to run…you run like hell”

=====================================
    Hyunsu and Ben sat on the train, now packed with refugees from Busan as the overhead speaker barked “1 hour until arrival at Seoul” Ben pulled Hyunsu close and whipered “You killed your own mother…and that kid. What the hell is happening to you Hyunsu? You would never have done that before!” Hyunsu sighed and replied “You saw my father. You saw the people on the train. They come back, and are not longer human. My mom was going to become one of those…things. I could not allow that” Ben slumped in his seat. “So what is going to happen now?” he muttered, looking out the window. Sang-Ho behind them answered “We will have to fight to survive. And things will go from bad to worse very soon. I…saw one of the infected earlier. I stabbed it in the chest, and it did nothing. We aren’t dealing with sick people Ben…we are dealing with something beyond our comprehension, and we will have to adapt”

Ben, still looking out the window, saw the pillar of smoke rising from Busan behind them. “I hope” he mumbled nervously “You are wrong about that” The train sped down the tracks, as the smoke soon turned the air black.
    The streets of Busan were now a hellish landscape, with rioters throwing fire grenades and smashing anything still intact. Buildings were being looted, and the remaining police piled into trucks, leaving the streets to be left barren. The rioters cheered, but then noticed the dead police and rioter corpses begin to arise, snarling and growling. One rioter stomped up to the corpse and smacked it in the ribcage with a tire iron. The infected grabbed the man, unaffected by the blow, sinking its teeth deep into the man’s neck.
    As the rioters began to panic, more and more dead followed the terrified people, as the buildings and cars around them burned, sending thick black smoke clouds into the morning air above them.

The screams and gunfire echoed through the city, as both rioters and civilians, young and old, were caught in the path of the newly awakened dead who consumed and killed anyone they came across. The peace memorial in Busan’s main city square sat surrounded by the billowing flames that enveloped the city. Modern architecture and garden landscapes soon were burnt to a cinder, with any and all signs of life now petering out of existence. The last city lights went dead, leaving the city a dark, burnt hull of its former self, as screams and the sounds of rendered flesh being the only thing to be heard across the city.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: Seoul and Pyongyang quickly begin to fall to the dead, with our characters caught in the crosshairs.

18. Taeyeon'sBF

NEW CAST:
    Major Jay Pang – G Dragon
    Hyuna Yung – Jung Ae-Youn
    Kara Yung – Kwon Soo Jung (b 2006)

Summary: Seoul and Pyongyang quickly begin to fall to the dead, with our characters caught in the crosshairs.
    EPISODE 108 – Morality Unhinged
    The noise around Dr. Yung became a constant, harmonious wave. His desk was piled with the patient reports of almost one hundred patients, all from today, and they all showed similar symptoms. Already his morning shift was reserved for people who had been bitten by infected people, or people showing signs of the airborne illness so many already were reporting to have. He took off his glasses and buried his face in his hands, hoping they would give a mere moment of relief, but instead, his attempt was interrupted by an exhausted nurse who exclaimed “Another fifteen from Busan. All showing similar symptoms”
    Dr Yung stood, his feet killing him from making so many rounds already. “How many have passed?” he inquired. The nurse pulled out a notepad and replied “Two hundred. Another four hundred in other metropolitan hospitals are going to pass within the day” Dr. Yung felt his body draining energy. “Be sure to employ counter awakening procedures. Spike to the temple: quick and simple. Can you do that?” The nurse nodded and ran off. Dr. Yung took a sip of cold, stale coffee and readied himself.

He opened his office door, and the halls were filled with bleeding or sick patients, all demanding treatment. One family, consisting of a man and his wife were consoling their young son, whose arm had been bitten, as he bawled complaining his head felt hot. More patients than doctors were in the rooms, as more cries for help pierced the air. Every floor, every room, every hallway in the building was packed with dying or sick people, and the staff scrambled to help anyone that asked for assistance.

He felt the pit in his stomach grow, and as he looked over the chaos, he adjusted his tie, and walked up to the first patient he could see. He saw the man’s face grow redder every minute, and his temperature was slowly growing hotter. The man suddenly began to convulse, and after a tense few seconds, he went limp, saliva dripping from the side of his mouth. Dr. Yung sighed and waved to a nurse, who took the body into a small room, where Dr. Yung took a knife he had gotten from home, and stabbed the head of the man. He then placed a cloth over the wound, and the two of them wheeled the corpse away. His phone vibrated, and he checked it, seeing his wife’s number. He stepped aside and answered the phone, hearing the familiar voice begin with “Seungri, we are both at the hospital. We are on the main floor waiting for you” He smiled and excused himself as he hurried down the stairs, pushing past nurses and other doctors trying to get to his family.
    He saw the two familiar faces and soon embraced his wife, with his daughter hugging his leg. He had never felt as happy as he felt now, especially with the current circumstances

His wife looked him in the eyes and asked “So what are you going to do, Seungri?” Dr. Yung ran a hand through his thick hair and replied “I am going to get us out of Korea, and into Japan. At least they will have contained this-” His wife, Hyuna, interrupted with “Seungri…our daughter is sick” Dr. Yung stopped and looked down to his daughter. “Kara…are you feeling hot, sick at your stomach, anything like you saw on the TV?” Kara nodded, causing Dr. Jung’s face to flush. “Seungri, what is it?” Hyuna implored, with Dr. Yung kneeling down and hugging his daughter. “It’s…going to be hard to explain” he murmured.
    Cassandra pulled up to her apartment and saw police cars awaiting her. She stepped out of her car and one officer looked her over, asking “Ma’am, were you bitten?” Cassandra shook her head. “No…why?” A familiar face walked up and embraced her. “Cassandra!” gasped Ha-Joon “I…I was so worried about you!” Cassandra looked at her fiancé with mild shock and replied “You made it out! But…what’s wrong?” Ha-Joon frowned sadly and rolled up a bloody sleeve, revealing a septic bite wound. He began to tear up and moaned “OH Cassandra! I am so sorry I couldn’t live with you forever…I don’t want to think about leaving you behind…”
    Cassandra coldly stepped back and pointed to the cops. “Officers…do you know this man has been bitten?” she asked. The officers stepped up to Ha-Joon and looked him over, finding the bite mark. “Infected. Take him to the quarantine zone” one female officer ordered to the other, as Ha-Joon was dragged away to the police car, screaming “I gave you everything! My love, my money! Why didn’t you love me?!” Cassandra replied loudly “Because I want to be with strong men…and you aren’t strong” Ha-Joon looked at her, his face a mix of boiling rage and broken betrayal as the officers drove off.

Cassandra sighed and smiled to herself, stepping into her apartment to find her Glock still hidden where she left it. She bit her lip and texted Hyunsu: “Meet me when you are free. I want to talk ;)
    The Busan train pulled into the congested train station, where the inbound passengers poured out of the thin coaches, Hyunsu, Ben and Sang-Ho being amongst them. Hyunsu looked to his two friends and said “We have to get my brother Namil before this thing spreads out of control” Sang-Ho interjected “It already is” pointing to the police and military driving by the train station, with many people being stopped and checked over. A police officer approached Hyunsu and exclaimed “Where did that blood come from?” pointing at his shirt. Hysunu looked at his shirt and replied “Nosebleed. I have one almost every hour” he pinched his nose, and the officer moved him along.

The three arrived at the immigration office, where Namil was (last Hyunsu knew) stationed. Instead he saw a military jeep parked outside the empty building. They went inside and found a man and a woman looking around. “Hello?” the man called out, with Hyunsu recognizing his voice. “P’yon, is that you?” he called out, the man turning and calling out “Hyunsu Im? Why the hell is your ugly mug here?” The two embraced, with Kwan shaking Ben and Sang-Ho’s hands. “We were looking for Namil since he was stationed here” Joo Yeon perked up and asked “Aren’t all military personnel being sent to the front lines by the DMZ?” Hyunsu frowned. “What is happening over at the DMZ?” asked Sang-Ho. “North Korean soldiers and tanks attacked the border, but apparently, both sides are losing…” Ben waved his arms. “Look, we just need to find the kid. Things are quickly going to shit”

Joo Yeon stepped closer and held up a finger. “There might be boats leaving for Japan still. Most of the illegal black-market shipping freighters are given a blind eye by the Yakuza, and the money is funneled into the South Korean economy. We should give them a shot, and hitch a ride to Japan” Sang-Ho nodded, with Ben and Kwan looking at each other agreeing with her idea. Hyunsu cricked his neck and asked “How do you know that?” Joo Yeon shot him a coy grin and shrugged “Who do you think gave them the fake passports and shipping manifests?” Hyunsu smiled and replied confidently “Sounds good to me. We will pick up Hye and Namil and get the hell out of Seoul” Ben noted.

Hyunsu dialed Namil, but his brother instead ignored the call. “Dammit Namil!” hissed Hysunu as he dialed again. Again, the call wasn’t answered.
    Outside Seoul’s city limits North Korean missiles slammed into buildings and fields, causing massive damage, while South Korean missiles struck outlying cities over the border, reducing whole clusters of homes into charred rubble. More soldiers readied themselves to be sent to the DMZ, while Kim Jong Un was preparing to escape in one of his helicopters specially created for his transport. The streets of Pyongyang were a warzone, with police and military forces fighting the ever growing numbers of infected that were now hugely outnumbering the fighters. Un ordered one officer “Launch the operational nuke towards Seoul. I want them to burn for this destruction”
    In the missile silo, technicians were scrambling to prevent infected from getting inside the control room, with the main launch commander receiving the orders. He and another tech slipped in their launch keys and readied the synchronized turn. The infected eventually broke through, attacking and killing all the technicians in there, with the silo door control engineer lying dead. The keys were turned, but they noticed the silo door was still sealed shut. They screamed as the dead bit into their flesh, while the missile struck the silo door.

The explosion was underground, but the shockwave sent a huge tremor shooting throughout the city, causing cracks to ripple through buildings and the paved streets to split. Un stumbled into the copter, and as they took off, a piece of a nearby building struck one of the rotors, sending the craft careening through the air, eventually slamming onto the streets, causing a massive explosion. The terrified people saw their supreme leader die, and full chaotic panic ensued, with looters desperately trying to fight off other looters and the dead, with the fragmented police and military climbing into trucks and jeeps, peeling away from the now decimated Pyongyang as the infected finally took over the ruins. The last of the people watched as the dead filled the streets, and those that could fight attacked the fervent corpses. The few lights in the city died, leaving the city in total darkness.
    Hyunsu hung up and angrily proclaimed “We are going to the dock right now. I will contact a few military buddies to take Hye there so we can all escape” Ben shot Hyunsu an angry look. “What about your goddamn brother?” Hyunsu sighed and exclaimed “He is on his own now. We can’t risk our safety for his nick anymore” The 5 of them climbed into the nearby jeep and after buckling up, Hysunu dialed another number, reaching his old army friend, Major Jay Pang.
    Major Pang picked up his phone and frowned irritably after listening for a while. “Umm…sure. I am basically asking for a court martial if I did this Hyunsu, you know?” Hyunsu on the other end quipped “LOOK! Seoul is crumbling, and if you want to survive this would be the best way to do so. Come on, you owe me man” Jay on the other end shook his head. “I can drop her off, but I can escort her. Besides the President is coming to evaluate the battle going on at the DMZ. So every able bodied soldier is being summoned, with direct orders to arrest defecting men or women”

Hyunsu felt his heart sink. “I got ya. Drop off Hye by the main harbor entrance, and we will take it from there. Thanks…” Major Pang paused and then replied “Screw it. I am not dying so that woman can go hide while we spill our guts. I am joining you there” Hyunsu grinned and hung up the call as they drove down the streets. Military vehicles screamed past them on the highway as the other lane was congested with traffic. As they drove past the cars Sang-Ho remarked “So is this really the end? Is this how our world ends?” Kwan shook his head and said confidently “Shit has always hit the fan, and people always recovered. We were invaded by Japan, and we survived. Japan got nuked, and they survived. It’s how we handle the new world that is most important, if you ask me”

Joo Yeon smiled at his comment, with Hyunsu replying “That’s a good way to look at things. Ben what do you think?” Ben stared ahead, hauntingly saying “Things will only get worse from here on out…”
    Major Pang grabbed Hye and climbed into the nearest jeep, catching the attention of another soldier who asked “Hey where are you going with her?” Jay ignored him and started the jeep, tearing out of the parking lot as the soldier shouted “STOP SOLDIER!!” Hye, now fully panicked asked her driver “Where are you taking me?!” Jay looked at her and smiled. “I am taking you to your girlfriend, hun” Hye hung her head. “How did you know we were a couple?” Jay stared ahead, replying “I could tell by the way you two looked at each other. I have the same look with my girlfriend. And…I am defecting, like you did. I can’t die for some woman to just run and hide while I bleed. I think it’s the best choice”

====================================================
    Hyunsu and Jay’s jeeps met at the dock, where Hye and Joo Yeon embraced, crying with joy. Hyunsu shook Jay’s hand and took off his uniform, commenting “I hate leaving, but this whole battle is suicidal” Joo Yeon stopped hugging her love and asked “So the North attacked?” Jay nodded. “The infected are killing both the North and Southern troops, while there are rumors of the UN pulling out. If the UN runs like a beaten dog, we are done for, since the majority of the military is already fragmented or dead” Ben gawked at him, gasping “So we are now defenseless…goddamn Northern bastards had to act stupid” He looked at the two women and joked “No offense” receiving nods from them.

As they passed through the gates, a swarm of people were demanding they be let on the large cargo ship, with one woman screaming “We need to go! Let us on!!” The captain, a heavily tattooed man, shouted in a husky voice “We have no more room! We will have to make a return trip for all of you greedy pricks!” The ship let loose a long horn blast and the vessel pulled out of the dock. After a few moments, a larger vessel approached them, a loudspeaker screaming “STOP YOUR APPROACH! THIS IS THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT, AND WE ARE RESTRICTING ALL ACCESS TO THE MAINLAND! RETURN AT ONCE!”
    The cargo ship turned sharply, and tried to outrun the Military vessel. The Japanese freighter opened fired, shells striking the hull of the Korean ship, causing a massive explosion. Screams from inside the ship were soon snuffed out, and the Korean Navy soon came to the scene, opening fire on the Japanese vessel. The Cargo ship slipped into the ocean, while the two ships exchanged fire. The people on the dock ran, but a single shell struck the harbor, killing over a dozen people. Hyunsu and his group ran, jumping into their jeeps and peeled out of the harbor, as bloody and terrified people ran past them.

“NOW WHAT?!” Ben shouted. Sang-Ho suddenly exclaimed “Jeju Island. We can take the tour boat and island hope from there. All we need is a ship navigator and someone to pilot it. Japan will be less guarded along that stretch” Hyunsu nodded and said “Then that’s what we do. We have to-” He felt his phone vibrate and read the text he received. “Cassandra…dammit we need to make a pit-stop” Kwan stopped the vehicle and demanded “Why? Was that Namil?” Hyunsu shook his head. “It’s someone I am friends with. After we get her, and if we can get Namil, we go south and try our luck” Kwan gripped the steering wheel, frustrated by his plan. “I don’t like this, but we still have some time before all hell breaks loose. Alright Hyunsu, point the way”
    Later that night, Cassandra saw the jeep’s headlights and ran to greet Hyunsu, who hugged her as she exclaimed “Hyunsu, earlier I lied to you about me being single. I had a fiancé, but now…” she kissed him and continued “Now I am single…” Kwan cleared his throat, and Hyunsu replied “Babe, we need to leave South Korea” Cassandra nodded. “I tried to leave earlier, but all flights are shut down” Hyunsu looked at Jay, proudly telling her “We will island hop from here to Jeju, to Japan. Japan most likely will have this under control, and they won’t suspect anyone trying to reach them via the island chain” Cassandra held up a finger, and ran to her couch, pulling out the Glack she had hidden. “This will be useful I think” she exclaimed, causing Ben and Kwan to raise their eyebrows. “I won’t even ask how you got that” commented Kwan, with Sang-Ho chuckling heartily.

“So it’s settled” Ben proclaimed as Hyunsu took the Glock from Cassandra “We head for the coast. And after we reach Japan, what then? We need to figure out a damn good lie for the Japanese coast guard, and I haven’t renewed my passport in a month” Hyunsu waved a hand at him and replied coolly “We will make it up as we go, okay?” Sang-Ho looked through the window and saw lights flickering in the distance, with people rushing past the building on the streets. “Seems like we ought to step on it if we want to make it out in one piece” Kwan commented.

Hyunsu’s phone rang, and he answered it, relieved to hear the person on the other end. “Namil, about time you picked up you dumbie! What took you so long?” Namil on the other end grumbled “Well, I was a little preoccupied, now that you bring it up…that’s why I am calling you bro…I am with a friend and we’re both stuck…we need you to help us!” Hyunsu asked, panicked “Stuck, what do you mean?” Namil and Minji looked ahead, and saw the riot ahead of them. “I mean” Namil enunciated angrily “We are going to end up dead soon if you don’t get here!!!” Hyunsu listened and then hung up. “Guys…we have a problem”
    On the next episode of Rise of The Walking Dead: A desperate mission turns dangerous as control is slipping from the South Korean government.

19. Taeyeon'sBF

NEW CAST:
    President Ahn Yuji-Wo – Bae Jong Ok
    Commander Suli Park – Baek Ok Dal

Summary: A desperate mission turns dangerous as control is slipping from the South Korean government.
    EPISODE 109 – Collapse
    Namil hung up and noticed a terrified Minji tugging his shirt sleeve. The rioters were burning everything in their path, whether it be cars, buildings or piles of garbage now scattered on the once clean streets. Police formed lines, and began to corral the angry rioters into easy to manage lines, as the cars ahead of them pulled out, trying to get around the chaos. Namil looked around the corner and saw nothing but more burning and destruction, with the police on the other side of the block becoming overwhelmed.

Several dead bodies lay supine on the cold pavement, some of which awkwardly arose and stumbled towards anything that moved. Rioters and Police alike soon lost concentration, and by ironic fate attacked the infected together. Minji, now fully panicked asked “So is your brother coming?!” Namil nodded and looked around him. “Yeah, but we need to hunker down while they arrive here. How about a building…” Minji pointed to an office complex and exclaimed “There! We can huddle down there while we wait!”

Namil grabbed his pack and rifle, taking her arm as they rushed to the building, the illuminated sign reading “Hungman Property and Settlement Firm” The two people burst in and found the inside empty, with papers and trash strewn about. Minji called out “Is anyone here?!” An intercom croaked “5[SUP]th[/SUP] floor. Get up here and help me!” The two ran to the stairs and climbed up to the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] floor, hearing gunshots coming from the room next to the door. Namil broke open the door and found a number of dead corpses on the floor, bullet holes to the head in each one. One infected lunged out from a nearby room, only to get shot in the head.
    Namil aimed his rifle at the person who fired the shot, and saw a tired and blood soaked man armed with a snub nosed .357 revolver, now leaning against the door panting. “Kang Hungman?” gasped a stunned Minji. “Minji…small world huh? My…employees got paranoid and locked themselves in the main boardroom, when one died from a bum ticker. I was thinking about firing everyone here and getting warmer bodies as replacements…but I never thought I would have to kill them after they tried to kill me” Minji held up her hands and exclaimed “Look. We are just needing a place to stay while the rioting outside calms down-” Kang shot her a look and laughed manically. “Calm down? Look around you, GIRL. Things are going to shit real quick, as evident by my former employees trying to kill me. Outside, the end is beginning, and-”

They were interrupted by a series of growls and snarls from a room nearby. “Dammit!” Kang roared, handing Minji a butcher knife “We have to clean em out from the conference room! You, with the rifle, back me up!” Namil begrudgingly raised his rifle and readied himself, while Kang positioned himself so he could fling open the door. He did so, and eight infected people tumbled out, one trying to grab at Kang, only to get shot in the head by Namil, while Kang and Minji brought down each one walker. Another was struck across the head with Minji’s knife, while Namil gunned down two more Infected as Kang shot another with his revolver. The final infected woman was killed by Minji, who lunged at it and knocked her to the ground, sinking her knife deep into its eye socket, killing it.
    Kang leaned against the door frame, panting. “Didn’t expect so much fight in you both” he wheezed, with Namil noting “I am a soldier, after all” Minji rested on the boardroom table and closed her eyes, as the chaos outside raged on.

As Hyunsu drove his group through the hellish landscape that was once Seoul, Ben noticed the lights begin to flicker and grow dim. “Power grid is starting to fail” noted Kwan worryingly.

The city maintenance workers fought to deal with not only the strain of handling so many systems, but from the dead, who were now forming larger and larger groups who attacked any source of activity they saw. As such, the main power plants were soon evacuated, with any remaining personnel dying at the hands of the infected, or by their own accord, as some opted to choose to do. One worker was pinned by a herd of infected, and as he swung his wrench fruitlessly to defend himself. He soon found himself overwhelmed, and as he was being torn apart, his wrench slid across the control table, overloading many of the circuitry panels. The power stations erupted in a shower of sparks, a sharp sizzling sound resounding through the evening air. The lights finally stopped flickering, and died, blanketing the streets in total blackness, punctuated by the muzzle flashes from police pistols and fire bombs.

The group’s main jeep was stopped by a car slamming into the concrete divider next to them, raining sharp glass on the pavement. The tires were punctured, and the jeep slid across the road and slammed into the divider too. The inhabitants got out and collected their gear, walking the rest of the way on foot, approaching the flashes and screams.
    =====================================================
    The noises outside the building kept Minji awake, while Namil walked the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] floor, keeping both his ears and eyes attuned. Kang was still slumped against the door frame, throwing away his wallet’s insides. “Black exclusive credit card? Nope. All these Won bills? Useless! My wife…” he stared at the photo in his hand and began to whimper and sob. “God…I was such a terrible person leaving you behind…I should have been a man and stayed with you…” Namil stopped and shouldered his Colt Law Enforcement Carbine. “How did you leave her behind?” Kang wiped his tears away and gulped.
    “I uh…divorced her when I found out she was pregnant with our first child. I couldn’t risk leaving her as an anchor while my business boomed. I never thought for a moment I would be killing my soul in the process…” Minji got up and sat next to him. “You aren’t a good person, Kang. Yet…” Kang bit his lip and announced “I am truly sorry for screwing you over Minji. I am sorry I gave you so much stress and mocked you when you were at your lowest. I am an awful person, you’re right, but I am remorseful NOW, and that is all that matters. I only ask for your forgiveness”

Minji put her arm around him and side hugged him. “I…forgive you…We need each other nowadays. But still…screw you” she then took her knife and stabbed Kang in the eye, startling Namil. Kang slumped over, muttering “…why…” before finally dying. Namil, clearly shook up and horrified, demanded “Why did you do that?!” aiming his rifle at the woman. Minji smiled almost cheerfully, replying “He was a snake, and a liar. He ruined my career, and he got what he deserved. I don’t regret it, so think what you like” Namil lowered his rifle and sighed. “I still think the world of you. I don’t love you, but maybe we can work our way up to that?” Minji gawked at him. “I killed an innocent man. Aren’t you disgusted with me?” The man across from her shook his head, replying “I think nowadays we will have more to worry about then what I think of you”
    Cassandra tugged Hyunsu’s arm, and simpered “I’m scared baby” Hyunsu held her in his arms and softly murmured “I won’t let anything hurt you. Now that we are here, in this moment, we can conquer anything. We WILL conquer anything I promise” Ben listened with heavy concern, as he slung the satchel over his neck. Sang-Ho looked ahead, while Kwan, Jay, Joo-Yeon and Hye took point, having armed themselves with rifles and pistols took the lead. Earlier they had quickly put on army clothing, to prevent undue attention from being drawn on them as they approached the main city square. Police and rioters both fought to hold back the unstoppable hordes of infected, who soon began to overwhelm even the most hardened of veteran policemen. One officer noted the group and screamed “HEY! WE NEED HELP OVER HERE!!”

Hyunsu ignored the screams and called Namil once more. The call went through, but then dropped, as all cell service had gone down mere hours before. “Damn” he grumbled. Ben pointed to Namil’s car still stuck on the side of the road, shouting “Hey it’s his car! Maybe he went inside the nearest building!” The group avoided the infected horde and walked inside the deathly quiet “Hungman” building. Cassandra lowered her pistol and asked Hyunsu “So…once we get your brother we’re leaving, right?” Hyunsu nodded, and went inside the elevator, pressing the first floor button.
    Namil heard the door below them open, and noticed the elevator still functioning. “Must be a backup generator powering the primary systems” he noted, as Minji quietly looked over the glass balcony, seeing several people dressed in military clothing exiting the elevator car. “Think they might be looking for us?” she whispered, receiving a nod from Namil. “Probably looking for me. I could be accused of desertion, and you…you could be mistaken for being infected. I think it would be best if we negotiated with them. You stay put” He knocked over the desk and hid behind it, aiming his rifle over the top.

After a good 20 minutes, the elevator door on their floor opened, and out came the people dressed as soldiers. Namil shouted defiantly “There is no need to take me in! I won’t fight, just leave her be!” A familiar voice called out in an almost jolly tone “Well, I guess my time was wasted getting my ass here!” Namil’s eyes flew open. “Hyunsu?!!” he gasped as he saw his brother open his arms to hug him. The two embraced, with Namil bursting into tears of joy. “I thought you were dead!” sniffled Namil, with Hysunsu replying “I thought I lost you too bro” He took Namil’s face in his hand and smiled. “Who is the lady you have with you, Namil?” The younger brother looked at a wary Minji and replied “A friend, her name is Minji. She and I got through a lot to get here”

Ben and the others greeted Namil, with Kwan grinning at the younger man. “You look like shit soldier” he teased, with Namil hanging his head, a silly grin across his face. Cassandra bumped Kang’s corpse, asking carefully “What happened to this guy?” Namil swallowed, shooting Minji a confident look. “He was murderous. I put him down” he lied, Minji sighing with relief. Joo Yeon looked outside a window to see mass looting and burning occurring, while a number of infected approached the building. “We should leave this place, before we get boxed in” Hyunsu looked around the room, asking “Is there any supplies here we can take?” Minji shook her head. “No, it’s empty. We might find food in the break room downstairs” The group packed up, with Hyunsu taking Kang’s now ownerless revolver.
    The group quickly searched the break room, finding a stash of water bottles, bags of snack food, and a small freezer filled with abandoned meals. As they began to pack up the supplies, the group of infected burst in through the front window, staggering towards the group. The armed members began to fire at the dead, killing numerous infected while Minji and Cassandra searched for an exit.

Minji eventually found a fire exit door, pushing open the lever to reveal the back bay of the office building. “Get the others! We can escape through here!” she shouted to Cassandra, who ran to get the others. Namil and Hyunsu had now run out of ammo, and resorted to using knives to attack the non-stop approach of the infected. Sang-Ho wrapped cloth over his spiked knuckle dusters, while Ben, Kwan, Joo Yeon, Hye and Jay resorted to using whatever weapons they had found previously to fight off the dead. Kwan stabbed one infected in the eye, while Hye smashed another across the face with a ball-peen hammer, and Ben used a sharpened rasp to shiv one infected in the forehead. Cassandra ran out and shouted “There is an exit back here! We can escape!!”

As Ben, Sang-Ho, Cassandra, Minji, Hye and Jay escaped, Hyunsu, Kwan, Joo Yeon and Namil held back the hordes of the dead that kept coming at them. The horde of infected were then suddenly mowed down by mysterious people, dressed in riot gear, who after killing the walkers screamed “Hands up! All defectors are to report to the president!” Hyunsu replied cautiously “We were trapped, we aren’t deserters!” One swat member, a tough looking woman with her black hair tied in a ponytail retorted irritably “Maybe not you, but Lieutenant P’yon and Private Im here are. And that looks JUST like the North Korean deserter. You either come with us, or we will drag you along, got it?” Hyunsu grinned and dropped his gun. “Alright” he said loud enough for the others to hear “Where are you taking us?” The woman simply commented: “The Presidential escape camp, where the other infected non turned people are being held. Now, come with us nice and slow”

As the 4 of them were taken away, Sang-Ho and Ben whispered to each other “We need to follow them!” Cassandra frowned and asked “Why? What will happen to them?” Jay’s face turned pale, and replied “They will be forced to fight on the front lines…against the sheer volumes of the dead there…it would be a guaranteed death for all 4 of them” Minji loaded a fresh clip in her Glock, and defiantly commented “Then we make sure they never have to fight. And we do that with the help of those people taken prisoner” Ben gawked at her and muttered audibly “So we just go in there, guns blazing? We would get slaughtered!” Hye held up a single finger. “We could take a military truck, and use it as a Trojan horse! That way we can evacuate them and have supplies!” Sang-Ho pumped a fist and proclaimed “Than that is what we do!”
    The Jeep pulled up to the military base, a former radio station now surrounded with barbed wire and sandbags with soldiers dotting the area. As the Jeep pulled up to the main building, the female swat commander took the four out in handcuffs, bringing them inside. They were escorted through the building, eventually being brought before a large council of army officers, government officials and in the center of the room, the president of South Korea, an attractive but aged woman named Ahn Yuji-Wo. President Yuji-Wo waved at the swat commander, ordering “Commander Suli Park, isn’t it? You may leave us” Commander Park left, while President Yuji-Wo flicked off her small round glasses and sighed deeply.

“You four are in quite a bit of trouble, you realize that?” Her mouth, coated with expensive cherry red lipstick twitched as she looked at their ID cards. “Hyuns Dae Im, hmm? I remember reading about your history in the army…quite the drama wasn’t it?” She looked at the next card, “Lieutenant P’yon…you have been a loyal soldier, and now you’re stuck here with these traitors. I can’t say I am not disappointed” She looked at Namil’s card and chuckled. “The Agma’s little brother, following in his footsteps and trying to prove himself. Again, a traitor” She looked at Joo Yeon and smirked. “So why did you join up with these people? Felt at home with other traitors?” Hyunsu angrily snapped “What do you want?” President Yuji-Wo leaned forward and stared him in the eyes, causing him to feel extremely nervous. “I want to know where you would have gone after things had totally gone south. Leaving the army, leaving your SERVICE due to a few infected people-”

Namil laughed and snarled ferociously “YOU DON’T GET IT! The dead, the things you are losing men to, are going to take over. You think this can be won, and at can’t. You are wasting people’s lives, over a futile thought!” President Yuji-Wo slapped him, and sat back in her chair. “We are losing, yes. Our Japanese and Chinese neighbors have retracted any humanitarian help, in favor to keep their borders secure. Yet, we can still have a thriving culture. Which is why” she explained, handing a nearby soldier a key “I have this offer for you, Hyunsu Im and Joo Yeon Baek. You two seem to have in-depth knowledge about these infected, and have dealt with them. I want you two to join me as my personal advisors in this matter”

Joo Yeon looked at Namil and Kwan, inquiring “What about them? They have the same amount of experience dealing with the dead as we do. Don’t they get the same offer?” President Yuji-Wo tartly snapped “They don’t!” She collected herself, taking a sip of water. “They are deserters, and don’t get the same…privileges. They will be forced to withhold the infected presence emigrating from the DMZ ruins. What soldiers are remaining as mostly left stranded…but we cannot let a few stragglers hold us back. For now, all we have to do now is wait for this inconvenience blows over”

Hyunsu cricked his neck and pointed a finger angrily at her. “People have died, whole swathes of cities wiped out by the infected, and you have the goddamn BALLS, to say it’s an inconvenience??!!” The President stood and planted her hands on her small hips. “What would you have me do, huh? Mourn the death of every single man, woman and child? Send our people to re-secure the city? Risk what lives are left on some humanitarian effort that will fail? You think so small. Now, it’s about you. You can’t have patience with others who aren’t your own. You do what needs to be done for your end goals, for your betterment. And if someone stands in your way, you remove them. It’s a dark sentiment, yes. But if we are to survive as a species, we must be selfish, and work towards personal end goals. You kill, Hyunsu…or you end up dead, or worse. I think, for yours and your friend’s sake, it would be for the best if you were to adapt those ideals as your own, wouldn’t you agree?”
    Hyunsu looked at a shocked Joo Yeon, and nodded. “Don’t you worry” he muttered angrily, shooting the president a dark look as he clenched his fists tightly “I agree entirely, Mrs. President. I’m already there”
    On the season finale of Rise of The Walking Dead: As Hyunsu’s friends try to break him and the other captive members free, the fall of South Korea completes itself, with many deaths to be witnessed.

20. Taeyeon'sBF

NEW CAST:
    Southern Soldier – Yoo Jeong Rae
    Northern Soldier – Choi Sung Jae
    President Ahn Yuji-Wo – Bae Jong Ok
    Commander Suli Park – Baek Ok Dal
    Summary: As Hyunsu’s friends try to break him and the other captive members free, the fall of South Korea completes itself, with many deaths to be witnessed.

EPISODE 110 – Full Potential
    The former DMZ border was now swarming with turned soldiers from both sides, as tanks, jeeps, rocket trucks and medical vans lay dormant on the now deathly silent graveyard. A single North Korean soldier crept through the seas of death and saw a stranded South Korean soldier sitting alone, shivering in the cold night air. The Northern soldier came up to the Southern soldier and asked “So…I guess we aren’t enemies now, are we?” The Southern soldier shook her head.
    “Guess not” she motioned the Northern soldier to sit beside her. “I never thought…this would be the outcome of my life. I never thought I would end up being alone like this…my husband and children were sick, and died from this plague…now I am alone” The Northern soldier somberly looked her in the eyes. “I…” he began “lost my daughter to the plague as well…I have nothing now” The Southern soldier nodded. “Me neither…since we have nothing left to live for, how about we end it together?” The Northern soldier smiled slightly. “It would be nice to have someone with me in my final moments”

He sat next to her, and pulled out his pistol, placing it under her chin. She took out her Beretta and put it under his chin also. They held their free hands, and looked at each other with a smile. The Southern soldier asked “Anything you want to finish with?” The Northern soldier nodded, replying “I just…wanted to see my daughter again…you know?” The Southern soldier softly replied “You will…trust me” Infected soldiers soon noticed the two and began to snarl and snap at them, unable to reach them from inside the ruined Jeep they were sitting inside. The two soldiers from different armies looked happily into each other’s eyes, and in unison, pulled the triggers of their guns.
    The truck rolled down the now deserted highway, filled with food, medical supplies, water and other necessities headed for the Presidential emergency control building. The driver noticed a man attacking another, stopping the truck and climbing out. “Hey!” the driver shouted as he approached the fist fighting men. As he got closer, the one man grabbed him by the arm and with one solid punch sent him hurtling towards the pavement.

Sang-Ho looked at the now unconscious driver, while Ben got up, rubbing his head. “Well…that was easy. How do we know this is a supply truck?” Sang-Ho rifled through the man’s paper slips, orders given to him in case of emergency. “Here we goooo!” Sang-Ho cheerfully exclaimed, holding up a brown paper slip marked “MILITARY SUPPLY DELIVERY #23” Ben grinned and peeked inside the truck’s cargo hold, noting boxes filled with MREs, canned and bottled water, canned and bagged foods, medical supply boxes and crates of pistols and ammo. “Goddamn we hit the jackpot! Jay came through big time!” Ben whistled with joy.

As Sang-Ho looted the soldier driver, he felt a sharp pain in his arm, the soldier having woken up and stabbed him. Sang-Ho roared angrily and threw the knife aside, climbing on top of the young man and raining hammer like punches down on the man’s face and skull, sending blood, flesh and sweat spraying onto the road. Ben watched in horror as Sang-Ho punched the man’s skull so hard a wet crunch echoed through the silent night air. The boxer got up, leaving the soldier to bleed out on the ground.
    Ben closed the hatch on the back and approached the huffing Sang-Ho. “You killed that guy, man. We could have tied him up and left him…” Sang-Ho grabbed Ben by the collar and rumbled “I did what I had to do. Deal with it” He then climbed inside the truck, with Ben taking the passenger side seat.

Hyunsu and Joo Yeon were being escorted to an office, where they were ordered to wait until the evacuation planes arrived. Hyunsu shot Joo Yeon a confirmatory nod and elbowed the guard behind him in the face, while Joo Yeon kicked the shin of her guard, both guards falling to the floor. Joo Yeon took the knife from one guard and stabbed him in the head, while Hyunsu snapped the neck of the other. He handed her a rifle, and the two of them quickly put one the clothing the soldiers had after dragging away the corpses. Joo Yeon quietly asked “You killed two of your countrymen. Doesn’t that bother you?” Hyunsu shook his head, and replied “No, because like the president said, we fight for yourself, and leave outsiders behind. We look out for our own now”

The two of them searched around the building, finding a large containment shed filled with dozens of civilians, both average and ones having been imprisoned for rioting. Hyunsu looked around the room, and took in a deep breath. He saw that the room was unguarded, with the majority of manpower being concentrated on defending the building. “People!” he shouted, receiving undivided attention from the impatient and scared civilians “I know that you have been kept here unfairly. But, if you wish to survive, wish to keep going forward, you will have to fight for your right. And I can give you the ability to fight back! The President and the remaining government officials are going to use you, then throw you away! They will let you die in droves just to save themselves! Fight, and survive with me!!”

The people in the cells began to cheer and rattle the cages angrily. Joo Yeon leaned close to Hyunsu and asked “Lying to them is now acceptable? They aren’t aware of anything, yet you told them complete lies” Hyunsu snapped quietly “Do you want out of here?! We will need an army to survive and who better to be that army than willing, eager participants? Besides, you heard the president: she wants to sacrifice lives to save her own skin” Joo Yeon furled her brow and growled “I hope you know what you are doing, great leader”

=========================================================
    Kwan and Namil were driven down the road in the small jeep they were crammed in, passing by ruined cars and now deceased infected corpses. Namil looked down and mournfully commented “Looks like this is it, huh?” Kwan smiled and replied hopefully “I’ll look after you kid, I promise. Just us two now…” The jeep ground to a screeching halt, with Namil and Kwan turning around to see the cause of the interruption: a large supply truck blocked off with five people armed with rifles aimed at the Jeep. The soldier in the driver’s side seat got out and drew his pistol. “STOP!! Lower your weapons!!” A shot struck the soldier in the thigh, dropping him. Cassandra lowered her rifle, and replied with mild surprise “I actually hit him where I aimed…” The group took the soldier’s weapons, and untied Namil and Kwan. Kwan rubbed his head and quipped “I guess I should have expected you to come save our asses”

Minji noted the soldier cradling his leg and said menacingly “We should get rid of him somehow…” She noticed several infected reaching for them from across the concrete dividers. “Maybe” suggested Hye “They can do our job” Minji nodded and with Hye’s help picked up the soldier, the man begging “PLEASE, NO!!” Kwan stepped in front of the women and barked “Hey! We don’t do that! We can’t be…murderers” Minji pushed him aside and with the soldier still screaming they threw him over, the infected soon covering him as they tore him open to feast on his flesh. Hye hung her head, while Minji approached Namil, who took her hand as they walked up to the supply truck.

“We will need these supplies…can’t rick them getting wasted on people who will only die” Namil said, receiving a proud look from Minji. Kwan angrily grabbed Namil and then looked at everyone with disgust. “What the hell happened to you people?” A brusque voice answered “We are adapting, kid. Now, unless you want to join that poor bastard back there, you better hop in and help us bust out Hyunsu and Joo Yeon” Sang-Ho stepped out from the driver’s side of the truck, and waved at the two soldiers. Kwan looked at a sorrowful Ben, and pursed his lips, nodding only once at the man.

The President of South Korea sat nervously overlooking the inbound Osprey, meant to carry her and the rest of the now fragmented government away from the overrun mainland. She collected herself, and picked up her suitcase filled with family photos and memorabilia. As she stepped out onto the launch platform, alarm bells began to ring throughout the base, with many of the already spread thin soldiers running to investigate. The Osprey radioed President Yuji-Wo “What is going on down there? If it is an infected quarantine breach, we cannot land” The President waved frantically, screeching “Get down here and get me out of this place!!!” The pilot shook his head, and the Osprey rose into the air, taking off towards the shoreline.

President Yuji-Wo ran down the platform steps, pulling aside the nearest soldier and demanding “Tell me what is going on!!” The soldier remarked hurriedly “The imprisoned rioters and infected have broken out! They are taking over the base!!” The President glared at him and muttered “Im…”
    Hyunsu and Joo Yeon took the armory away from the thinly stationed security, holding the soldiers and SWAT members hostage as they looted every weapon they could get, with the civilians taking rifles, pistols, knives and other weapons along with the ammo and explosives stored in the same room. As the now armed mob stormed the building, any hostile soldiers or technicians were beaten into submission. One soldier was struck across the cheek by Hyunsu, who smashed the butt of his rifle into the man’s chest, knocking the wind out of him.

Joo Yeon stabbed a female nurse reaching for a pistol on the ground, staring her in the eyes as she slowly bled out in front of her. The remaining soldiers fired through the windows, striking a few civilians, causing the mob to burst out through the front door, only to be greeted by ten soldiers, aiming their rifles at the group, with President Yuji-Wo behind them, Commander Park at her side. “Drop your weapons, all of you!” ordered the furious President. Hyunsu stepped in front of the riled up mod, and held out his arms.

“You’re willing to shoot all of us? Just to save your own skin?” he asked loudly, the President shaking her head in response. “I am willing to shoot YOU, Mr. Im. You riled them up, and now you are going to have to pay for your actions!” Hyunsu smiled, bursting into a fit of raucous laughter. “Are you really that delusional? The old way of thinking is dead! You yourself said its number one, or no one. You made that perfectly clear by locking these people, YOUR people, up like rabid animals. We work as a unit, or we fall apart. YOU are the one thing holding us back from our new world”
    President Yuji-Wo shook her head again. “You are the delusional one here, Im! You think you can actually lead these people, and keep them safe? I am the only one to-” A soldier suddenly lowered his rifle, commenting “He’s right. I am not following someone who will get me killed” He then walked over and stood beside Hyunsu. Another three soldiers followed suit, with Commander Park bellowing “Get back into line, soldiers!!” The soldiers threw down their badges and IDs, with one stating “Come on Commander, we can’t work with that psycho woman. You’re smarter than that” Commander Park stood her ground, and crossed her arms. Behind them, the soldiers and personnel they captured stood, nodding at Hyunsu.

The President stood in pure horror, watching her people abandon her. “COWARDS!!!!” she screamed. After a while, another five soldiers defected, joining Hyunsu’s cause, leaving only the President, Commander Park and a single soldier to stand in the mob’s way. “I’m sorry miss” blurted out Commander Park, as she walked over to Hyunsu. “WHAT?!” screamed Yuji-Wo. “I am loyal to my people, and if this man here mean’s preserving our culture, then I have to side with him”
    President Yuji-Wo twisted her lip and ordered the last loyal soldier “Fire on my mark!!”

The wire fenced gate suddenly flew open, as a supply truck barreled through and skidded to a halt. Several people jumped out, armed with rifles and pistols, aiming them at the President and the lone soldier. Sang-Ho bellowed “DROP THEM! NOW!” The soldier refused, and Minji, perched atop the truck, promptly shot him in the head. The President panicked and attempted to grab the rifle of the deceased soldier, only to have Joo Yeon punch her, sending her flaying onto the cold ground. She was picked and dragged up to Hyunsu, who drew his pistol and placed it against her head, pulling the hammer back with a loud click.

Kwan and Ben ran up, with Ben shouting “THAT IS ENOUGH HYUNSU!!” Hyunsu looked at Ben and asked “What are you doing, Ben? She more than deserves what she has coming for her” Ben drew his pistol and aimed it at Hyunsu, his arm shaking as tears streamed down his cheek. “You’ve changed, Hyunsu. You went from being a good man I could call my friend…to a murderous thug. You try to kill her, I will shoot you man! We can’t be like this…we have morals GODDAMMIT!” Hyunsu lowered his pistol and his lip quivered. “Ben…I am new to this world…I don’t know how to adapt…please, lower the gun, man, and we can talk” Ben shook his head. “Why should I? You have your army, you don’t give a shit about anyone but YOU now. What the hell happened to change you, huh? I want my old friend back, Hyunsu, and I know he is in there…I just want things to be like they used to be…”

Ben lowered his gun, and his tears now streamed down his red cheeks, as he began to sob uncontrollably. Hyunsu hugged his friend, tears in his eyes also. “I’m sorry I did those things, man…I won’t leave you Ben, I swear I won’t…”
    A gunshot pierced the silence, as Ben looked at Hyunsu, his mouth open as a flood of pain shot through him, the warm river of blood running from his chest. Hyunsu pushed Ben away, his pistol smoking, with Ben staring at Hyunsu with pure betrayal and hate in his eyes. He collapsed and muttered “Agma…” before the light left his eyes. Hyunsu looked at his group, with some, like Namil, Kwan and Hye looking back with horror and shock, while others like Jay, Minji, Cassandra, Joo Yeon and Sang-Ho giving him an almost accepting look, as they walked past the dead corpse of Ben.

Kwan stepped forward, and quietly stabbed Ben in the eye, holding back tears and pure rage. The President quipped with pure snark “So what now, huh?” Hyunsu walked up to her and shot her in the leg, leaving her to cradle her wounded leg. He then picked up a rock, climbed on top of her and began to smash her head in with the rock, sending blood and bone flying in every direction. Afterwards, he stood, and noticed several civilians and a single soldier backing away from him. He looked at Sang-Ho and Minji, ordering “Kill them” The two fired, mowing down all of the people in the line of sight. Cassandra approached Hyunsu, and wiped off blood from his cheek. “There…” she said, kissing him on the lips. Hyunsu grabbed her body, and ordered Sang-Ho “Gather the supplies and weapons, using whatever vehicles we can risk taking with us”

The mob began to dress in Military vests, arming themselves with rifles and pistols. Kwan stepped away from the mob, rubbing his head. He then straightened, and went with them, picking up a uniform, a scoped rifle with extra ammo, a two toned Beretta pistol and a trench knife. He breathed in deeply, and quietly slipped away from the gathering militia, as he exited the building, noticing Infected slowly approaching the area. “Kwan” Hyunsu called out, running up to him “Where are you going?” Kwan turned to face him. “Away, on my own. Why, are you going to shoot me too, like you shot Ben?!” Hyunsu shook his head. “Are you sure, man? We could use a man like you” Kwan laughed cynically, replying “I am sure you could. But I am not following your orders…You aren’t the Hyunsu I knew in training…you are Agma, the monster of the new world” Hyunsu backed away. “Alright…take care of yourself Kwan” Kwan heard Hyunsu turn to leave, and barked “Hey Hyunsu”
    Hyunsu stopped, with Kwan continuing “You are gonna die someday…and I hope for your sake, the person who does you in, is a man I could actually follow” he then slipped away into the darkness, as the infected came closer to the facility.

“Is she asleep?” Hyuna asked Seungri Yung. The three Yung family members were holed up in a hospital room, unseen by the infected now swarming the long derelict hospital. “Yeah…finally…” Seungri replied, squeezing Hyuna’s hand. Hyuna whispered mournfully “I never thought things would end for us like this…” Seungri rested his head on hers. “End? No…when we die, we will meet again, and never have to worry again, I promise that” Hyuna smiled and brushed Kara’s hair, noting she had awoken, and coughed loudly. Suddenly, the infected began to bang on the door, splintering the wooden board holding the doors shut. Hyuna hugged Seungri, with Kara wrapped around his neck. “Daddy, I’m scared!!” she whimpered, as the board spilt down the middle. Seungri saw his marriage, his graduation, his daughter being born, and the happiest moments in their lives flash before him, as he said, smiling “We’re together…don’t be scared” The three closed their eyes as the doors flew open, and the infected poured in, approaching their inevitable feast.

Across Seoul, people huddled in their houses, as the infected banged on their doors, families suck in their cars scrambled to escape the hordes of dead, and anyone still alive began to pray, scream, cry and do everything natural to a person’s response to imminent death. The emergency broadcast finally cut out, causing the last radio station to fizzle out, leaving anyone listening to the radio for help now truly on their own. The country of South Korea was now blanketed in blackness, as cities burned and the land was washed over with the hordes of the dead. The end had finally arrived for Korea, and its people.

Atop a hillock, Hyunsu’s group watched the city of Seoul burning, and Namil smiled as he walked by his older brother. “You alright kid?” asked Hyunsu, with Namil nodding. “I am with my hero, where else would I rather be?” Hyunsu tussled his hair, while Minji and Cassandra walked up to their new leader, with Cassandra asking “What will we do now my love?” Hyunsu saw the death of Ben flash before him, but ignored it to answer her. “We will survive…carve out a piece of the world just for us…and if we need anything, we take it” Namil and Minji embraced, with Namil asking “Are you doing alright?” Minji nodded, replying quietly “I am…I am doing better now than I ever did”
    Commander Park and Sang-Ho approached Hyunsu, the latter of whom commented “We will run into hostiles, you know. People who aren’t willing to give up what we need” Hyunsu smirked, and said confidently: “Then it will be the last thing they ever do…I promise that”
    ========================================================