Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rock In The Road, Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Rate The Gobshite!

1. Solid As a Rock

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. 9

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. eh, a little rocky...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Road to nowhere..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate the shite

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, a little bummed that Rick and Daryl aren't back teamed up together for even a whole episode before they're separated again but it's the only way the story can go. Way too dangerous to keep him close and he needs to talk to Carol.

It was an 8/10 for me. I am just so excited that it's back that I could have been served just about anything and I'd be overjoyed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That chopping the herd down scene was bad ass. And they left us with a couple of mysteries at the end of the episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Solid episode. I liked the herd chopping scene.

I still am not a huge fan of scenes where they have characters surrounded by walkers, and still don't get bitten. Like Rick right after the wire chop, and Denise/Owen during the Alexandria herd. It kind of trivializes the walker threat a bit. But not a big deal.

I give it an 8.8

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Pretty awesome episode. I loved Rick and co meeting Ezekiel. The highway scene was also awesome. Michonne setup "We don't die." I rate it a nine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I loved it, give it a 9.1 lol.

I think the best parts were pretty much already named in various parts of the forum so i'm gonna say i enjoyed Rosita telling Sasha they aren't friends just because they both "had sex with the same dead guy". Now that's a realistic reaction to the woman who stole the man you love. lolol

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it an 8.

I can see Carol & Daryl moving into together on the horizon!

Coolest part of the show was Rick & Michonne's cheese slicing walkers with the cars!

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see an episode where Negan isnt constantly humiliating and tormenting people. Still hoping they feed him to the Tiger.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JFAN

JFAN Member

I liked it, gave it an 9. We got to see everyone if only for a little bit which is good since it has been a while since ep.8. Now we know where each of them are at.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, I admit....I made a tiny squeeling noise at that moment

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

Gave it a 9. Was great to have so many of the group back together and Rick's smile at the end was just awesome.

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it a seven.

I think this episode offered some promise for 7B. I thought it was good having Ezekiel refuse to help Rick (either for concern for his people, or worry that they'll find out he's been supplying the Saviors with food), and I loved Negan's memorial service for Fat Joey.

My criticisms are Gabriel's easy flight from Alexandria (how can anyone sleep after what the Saviors did recently), Daryl not demanding Morgan tell him where Carol went (probably will happen next episode) and Rick and Michonne's plot armor during their escape from the herd on the highway. I'm also sick of Negan's lieutenants doing impressions of him.

#12 Rapscallion, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

So did I.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I also give this an 8.5.

Rick and co. were back in action, getting shit done, all under the Saviors' noses, even though they had some setbacks with their recruiting. He was smiling at the end because he knew he had the people he needed to fight back against the Saviors.

That walker slicing scene between he and Michonne was by far the best one on the show thus far. I was whooping out loud.

I was on the edge of my seat when Simon and his cronies came looking for Daryl.

MAJOR kudos for Jesus not only on his verbal smackdown on Gregory and setting up the meeting with King Ezekiel, but for getting that walkie from the Saviors. When I heard Negan's voice I got the chills.

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I suppose it is possible to escape being surrounded by staying low (away from their mouths) and pushing the walkers away from you. I'd have to assume that this is only a temporary solution as eventually they would overcome you. Without the safety and sanctuary of the nearby car, Michonne and Rick would likely succumb to the herd. Another aspect could be that as walkers age, their muscle tissue deteriorates making them weaker and easier to handle.

Or maybe they were simply shielded by the heavy plot armor they were wearing

16. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Oh and I give the episode a solid 8.5. It was pretty good

17. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Definite 9. Some humour, some action, some bonding. All good.

Gabriel's escape was a little unbelievable. No one else watching the food supply or gates??

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

7+. The plot moved along well. Rick contacted three different groups. The Gabriel twist made things interesting at the end. Xander Berkeley does a great job making Gregory unlikable.

Didn't like the walker chopping scene, it violated the laws of physics from my perspective. The third act was pretty slow and I dozed off for a few seconds. Morgan knows where Carol is living but Rick didn't try to visit her.

19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Gabriel has a reason behind what he did. He may have been recruited by the spy in boots. I still got his back. Everything will be revealed.

I wish I could send flowers to whoever made the decision to cast Xander Berkley as Gregory. That man was born to play that role. Oh my God! Just f*cking insanely delicious.

TF so optimistic - it’s ridiculous. Daryl wants to blow them up with the right stuff, Rick believes the three refugees is all the extra muscle they need. But, you gotta love em

Jesus got some of his comic Kingdom introduction lines

I hope Richard last a longer than his comic counterpart. He wants blood badly. Maybe the Saviors killed his family or something?

Oh my God, that line from Rosita was well timed and priceless. But, I thought the head nod from 708 squashed all that shit. I still like how the writers are doing it for now, as long as it’s not run into the ground. We're getting the love triangle drama without the man being there so it’s not sappy.

Rosita is shinning this season.

Awwww! “We're the ones who live" A secret pact between the couple.

I love Simon. Go Steven Ogg

Go ahead and man up Aaron. Eric will get on board on the back end.

I like the new group already (hope they don't disappoint). It's made up of a lot of young people.

Indifferent: Come on 'Clear' Morgan show Rosita who you really are. I know you're still in there

The Richonne walker herd kill was cool. But, still a little far fetched for my taste.

Cons: Daryl's so grouchy. Relax dude.

Jerry is cute.....but shut up.

Carol just, Carol just. She's getting too full of herself for no bloody reason. Annoying.

Overall, it was a good premiere. I give it a 7.5

I guess Birdie will be Brianna. Looking forward to see where all her lines take her.

20. jcattoi

jcattoi Member

8/10. The only problem was Rick and Michonne getting surrounded for no reason.