Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ron and bullying

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Ubiq, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Is Ron and Carl's interactions an example of how bullying often starts? Seems like Ron has been a victim of bullying before in the past.

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yea he was bullied by his father.

3. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

Bullied by his father, but not by Carl. The reaction between them may partly be the result of Ron being bullied before, but also because Ron is a jealous little boy.

4. Zombie_Penguin

mostly it is cause Ron is an asshole.

5. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think Ron is basically just a jealous little asshole because Enid was paying attention to Carl and Ron knew that he wasn't anywhere near as capable of surviving as Carl is. I'm sure the whole "Rick shooting his dad" thing doesn't help.

6. Berry

Berry Member

If Ron does do something really bad to Rick or Carl.. what do you do with someone like that?

Exile? Have Ron look at the flowers? Put him in jail with Alpha Wolf?

Would think it would put a crimp in Jessie and Rick's relationship. "Sorry Jessie, had to kill your husband, and son. You knew he was an a-hole anyway, he refused your haircut, don't you see?"

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I would say it be fun to see the Alpha Wolf toy around with him, ,having a knife but he might also manipulate so I send the executioner...to make him watch the flowers.

8. SZQ

SZQ Member

I don't know. Carl seemed very condescending during gun training. I kept yelling at him to shut up.

9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Was he going to shoot Carl?

10. Memy

Memy New Member

Seems to me he was going to shoot Carl. But who knows?
    They're all in danger right now with the walls falling...

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That was so heavy handed that it was ridiculous. Ron was too over the top there. It was one of the worst scenes in the series.

12. plotholes

plotholes Member

If I were Jessie, I would hide Sam in the closet till he's 18.

13. Rocky

Rocky Member

Totally agree, Carl was being a bit of a dick, he knew what he was doing and was enjoying it. I'm not too disappointed with him though, he's a teenage boy and that's what they do.

14. drifter77

drifter77 Member

So I guess Ron is on some sort of suicide mission with this? Walking up and shooting Carl on Main St. in broad daylight? Ron will be dead before Carl hits the ground.

And what has Carl done to him that's so bad? Hung out with his girlfriend? Carl did save his life, and offered to go rescue his girlfriend at great risk to his own life. Ron's reaction to that: "I told her she was stupid and not to go. You shouldn't try to rescue her either." Some boyfriend he is.

I suppose killing Carl would be a way at getting revenge on Rick, but what good is revenge if you're not alive to see it? And wouldn't killing Judith be better? You could get back at both Carl and Rick with that one. And his mom is always babysitting Judith anyway. It'd be easy-peasy.

I was surprised Carl/Rick weren't more suspicious about Ron's over-eagerness to get his hands on live rounds. Rick did give him a little head-tilt. But do they really trust this kid already?

15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Gee, do you think he heard you?

16. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I think this is representative of the new world that they live in. In the old world, Ron was still a spoiled, annoying brat, I'm sure, but if some guy stole his girlfriend and talked down to him, he'd punch him and they'd brawl it out and then Ron would go home and cry to his mother. However, in this world things are different. In this world, it seems perfectly logical to this messed up teen that if someone takes the girl you like, it is an appropriate response to get a gun and shoot them. This is a world where everyone needs to carry a gun. A world where people can just come in and massacre your family just because. He's become a product of this world.

17. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Could be true. But Ron sure got up to speed in a hurry. In the timeline, Rick's group arrive like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Ron goes from normal, sheltered kid, hanging out with friends, reading comics, playing video games, and listening to music, to plotting to kill a kid he just met who hung out with his girlfriend (also the ONLY teenage girl in town).

But whatever. I don't expect Ron's character to be around much longer anyway, so this will be rendered moot in short order.

18. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

True - maybe he is just a psychopath. :zombies_lol:

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Ron is just a product of an abusive home. It isn't any surprise that he has become a Porch Dick Jr .

20. calliope

calliope Active Member

Exactly! I think Rick has made some real lapses in judgment here and owns a piece of whatever is to come. Rick first beat up, then killed his father. Pete might have been a complete, abusive ahole at home, but he was Ron's ahole! Officer Friendly should know this stuff. Daryl would know, but he hasn't been there to observe it all unfolding.

Dumping the body outside the fence just added fuel to the fire and really, was that necessary in front of the kid? And who knows if Ron saw Jessie and Rick together. Ron seems to have shifted his animosity to Carl, who is probably an easier target and the Ron sees as responsible for losing Enid.

I'm not excusing Ron, and it's unfortunate that the presentation of this hasn't been better, but I think Rick as an adult who should have a particular knowledge of Domestic Violence, should have had better insight into this.