Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sanctuary's Windows.

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by Rapscallion, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I chuckled when the blizzard forced the group to hole up in the Sanctuary for the night, but they were still freezing because they and Rick shot out all the windows 6 years ago! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Love your siggy pic! :) and avi!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Thank you, @Lindigo.

It looks like Daryl and Carol will finally get together in season 10, but we've thought that so many times in the past, haven't we? :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I love that at least we get the opportunity! :) I don't know if they will get together but I love that they might. Chris Hardwich gave a call out to Yvette Nicole Brown because he knew she would be thrilled.

Dare I say it-- the Connie and Daryl connection looks promising, too. Those two also have a nice chemistry. Well, they do! lol

5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I still don't see Carol and Daryl as a couple. Connie is the closest to a potential relationship for Daryl as I have seen on the show.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget! At the end of 8x16, Tara, Rosita, and Eduardo delivered glass to the Sanctuary to help repair the broken windows! Of course not all of it was repaired. Either way, I’m sure it was cold AF in there!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rapscallion

Caryl should've gone official soon after the group reached Alexandria in season 5. I consider that Gimple's first "reboot" because everybody was acting out of character. :confused:

Caryl could've gone official before or after All Out War in seasons 7 or 8.

I think Daryl and Connie should remain a friendship. Maybe she can be the one to "tell" Daryl to stop ignoring his feelings about Carol. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Mighty neighborly of them to do that!

With Negan's redemption being a part of season 10, it wouldn't surprise me if he and Michonne admit the whole war could've been avoided (can't we say that of almost every war?).

I just find it amusing that the Kingdom's residents had to hole up in a place they and their allies turned into a shooting gallery so early in the war. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Carol and Daryl's friendship is one of my favourite things on the show.
    (Quite frankly, everything to do with Daryl is one of my favourite things on the show. )
    But I have never seen or sensed romantic possibilities between them. The way I see it, early on in the prison the "what if" has crossed Carol's mind, but she wasn't too serious about it and when Daryl rebuffed her flirting, she let it go pretty quickly and settled into the relationship Daryl was happy to offer her. Which is unconditional love and loyalty. It really is something heartbreakingly beautiful.
    Carol, despite all the abuse she has endured from that asshole husband of hers, has been able to form new relationships with men, she has had two lovers over the ten years.
    Daryl, as far as we know, is pretty much asexual. He has made one single innuendo joke back at the prison at Glenn's expense, - that now feels kinda out of character, given he has shown absolutely zero interest in sex with anyone in the ten years we have known him.
    I think he had some stirring feelings for Beth, but before he even fully realised what they were, he lost her. And then... nothing, and more nothing. Except for a downward spiral into utter misery. And now?
    Connie seems a perfect match. She's a total badass, fiercely loyal, fearless, funny, doesn't say much (sorry for the very bad pun), has a very strong moral code similar to Daryl's, and his Dog already loves her. At the very least, this is a wonderful potential, that I hope the show will explore.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Omg I would love Connie and Daryl. And I was a daryl and carol shipper.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

I always saw Carol as a mother figure to Daryl, he always lived with his dad didn't he and his mother was out of the picture?
    She's always been close to Daryl though never in a relationship kind of way, there were some times when it was like they were in a relationship though Daryl is 30ish, Carol has to be in her fifties, maybe even early sixties; it always felt like Carol had the affection of a mother or a really good friend towards Daryl though, especially in recent seasons.
    I've no idea why 'Zeke is getting so threatened, I never saw Daryl and Carol like that, its a bit possessive of Zeke but I guess when you lose your (adopted) son you change a bit and want to hold on to what you have.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PepperAnn

LOL Norman Reedus is 50 and Melissa McBride is 53. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. DavidDavidaon

Lol
    Daryl does look an awful lot younger in the TV series though.
    The lack of grey hair on Daryl points to a younger charater.

14. PepperAnn

When you move here I’m gonna buy you some glasses to go along with @Lindigo ’s crash through cement walls power brace. Lmao ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DavidDavidaon

Glasses? Get me a flamethrower please
    If I can kick through concrete and shoot fire I will be invincible.
    Besides, who doesn't want a flamethrower.
    Somebody knows what they're asking Santa for this year...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PepperAnn

You’re our RICK. lmao

17. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Very amusing discussion above.

I think the beauty of Carol and Daryl's relationship is that is absolutely undefinable, other than saying they have an unbreakable deep bond and unconditional love for each other.

Personally, I've never felt a romantic vibe mixed into it, but I understand those who have. Love is one of the most complex thing there is, and we all perceive it and experience it differently. And romantic love is naturally laced with elements of parent/child, sibling, friendship love. How could it not be?

I think there's certainly a lot of mother/son aspect to Carol and Daryl's relationship, but equally, there have been times when it felt more like the reverse. For example, right now Daryl is in a much more settled, stronger place than Carol, so he's the one taking care of Carol. They were always shifting the role of the one who gives support and guidance to the other, which is why their relationship is so equal and balanced.

Lol. I love how this thread is called "The Sanctuary's Windows"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1