Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sasha and Rosita

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by TheILLness, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

as the group is leaving after meeting with gregory, rosita and sasha happen to be exiting side by side at the doorway, and they both let off steam:

rosita: walking ballsack
    sasha: wanna knock that idiot's teeth out.

it was jarring to me when rosita snapped at sasha just a second later. if i had just come out of that meeting, i think in that exact moment my rage would still be aimed laser-like at gregory and my group's diminished options for survival.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I will be torn between jealousy and delight over a comic moment coming to life ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Rosita needs to save her anger for Negan and his thugs. You know, the one that killed Abe.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The exchange between Sasha and Rosita reminded me so much of the exchange between Abe and Sasha when they were walking in the season 5 episode Them.

When Abe turns to Sasha and tells her "your among friends" and she in turn flat out tells him "we're not friends" (remember this was soon after Sasha lost both Bob and Tyreese so she was a little on the angsty side). So Sasha got back a little bit of the anger/pain from Rosita that she (Sasha) had given to Abe in their previous exchange .

And then looking back on Abe's physical/facial reaction (to Sasha) - it was as though he were thinking "well alrighty then" somewhat mirrored Sasha's reaction to Rosita's snarky remark.

Neither here nor there, but that is the first thing I noticed about their exchange.

And I agree, I think that it was a true representation of one's reaction to "the other woman" now trying to be your friend. Does not matter that Sasha did not initially pursue Abe. All Rosita knows is that her heart was broken and she no longer has Abe to hurl that anger upon so Sasha is the next logical option.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Thank you for that insight. I totally forgot about that exchange.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I would thank you in emoji form for the thank you but we do not have a thank you emoji choice among all those reaction choices! So thank you for the thank you...

and can we get a damn thank you reaction emoji thingy? Thank you!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Clearly she found out Sasha was also sleeping with Spencer. What else could it be? :p

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's setting up an emotional connection when one of them dies. I think it will be Sasha, and there will be an emotional connection between them in the end. The show likes to do that.

10. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it wasn't realistic or understandable the way Rosita reacted. I just woulda figures after being directly responsible for the death of Olivia she would calm down a bit. Daryl showed remorse after Glenn died bc of his actions, Rosita just keeps on being selfish

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

12. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think Rosita's bitchiness is kind of refreshing. It's how real people respond in times of stress. Sasha definitely did her wrong by going with Abe, even if she did make him break it off with Rosita first. Sasha broke the chick code by going with a girlfriend's guy. And I think she was truly still in love with Abe, maybe more so than Sasha, and hasn't been given any time or space to mourn him.

It's hard to characterize her relationship with Spencer, but there was some connection there and now she's seen him gutted in front of her. And I'm sure she feels a terrible sense of guilt about Olivia's death and Eugene being taken.

I think her reactions are perfectly reasonable given what she's been through. It would seem fake to me if everything was sunshine and roses between them at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Well said. Abe and Rosita had a relationship for a long time (which would seem pretty intense during a zombie apocalypse compared to our normal lives, I reckon). She has every right to feel aggrieved with both Abe himself for leaving her and also Sasha for choosing to become involved with Abe. Of course, she can no longer vent her feelings about it towards Abe...:(
    However, well done to Sasha for trying to build bridges...and that act in itself will probably be appreciated by Rosita in time - assuming they have time!!

14. SZQ

SZQ Member

For Abe, Rosita was about raw emotion not love. Unfortunately, Rosita actually loved Abe. With Sasha, it was about deeper feelings. Rosita was a dumped woman and she lashed out. Can't say that I blamed her.