Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Score Per Minute / KD / Camping

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by UoG, Nov 20, 2012.

1. NewYork69

NewYork69 Member

I have 2.00 K/D, a 2.12 W/L ratio and 462 score per minute.

So yea looking at someone stats, you can tell if he is a good player or not.

2. redlegexpress

redlegexpress Member

I think K/D does matter depending on how many kills you have. SPM matters as does W/L ratio. I sucked the first two weeks I had the game. I had a 0.88 K/D. I have since raised it to a 2.41 K/D with 13,000 kills, a 245 SPM, and a 2.30ish W/L ratio. This game just takes getting used to.

3. redlegexpress

redlegexpress Member

Moreover, your class makes a difference. I used to run just a M27 with different things. I now run a M27 with a PDW SMG. It has made a hugeeee difference in my stats.

4. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Epic stats man.

I think you're right. A high SPM is the sign of a good rusher - but I don't think a lower SPM makes you a bad player (a very low SPM of course) - some people might not be good at going balls deep into the spawn, spraying 3-guys with an SMG whilst 360 degrees pirouetting, before drop-shotting for a double headshot - their reflexes/connection may not allow.

I do think there are different approaches; someone tactically aware/knows the spawns, when they're going to flip, when to push up etc. may not be a 500SPM player, but can still be a good player - even if they're not a good rusher.

I personally am not a 500SPM player, I personally wouldn't say I'm great either - I do think that I am good at the game though, and can hold my own.

I use SMG's, 5 of which are Gold. Being good in a fire-fight is undoubtedly a pre-requisite, but playing smartly, with a lower SPM doesn't make you bad - not that you suggested this; I just think that not everyone who plays well at the game has to have a 500, even 400SPM..:)

I have a friend who has a 438SPM and about a 1.4 KDR, if I played the way he did - I could have similar IMHO - he has epic games (we normally play Kill Confirmed together) - he gets dogs, swarms, lodestars (so do I) etc. etc. but I have seen him go 12-30 with lots of confirms, regualrly. Has a high SPM, but I don't get satisfaction going 12-30.

Bare in mind, I have 18,000 kills. 10,000 deaths, and 15,000 confirms. So I play the objective hard - just not as fast.

5. gobbidimerda

gobbidimerda Member

I only play reg tdm, my spm is 192 (it's rising, my monthly now is about 215/220) and my k/d 1.23.
    I'm a rusher. A good spm in tdm is far low than other modes. For example yesterday I got 28 kills in plaza and, checking elite now, the spm was 303.70.
    In reg tdm I'd say that a camper i someone with high k/d and spm under 170.

6. gobbidimerda

gobbidimerda Member

I liked the post until I read this.
    If you are va good player you shouldn't be afraid to lose against people that are at your skill level.

7. zZODoyleRuLeZz

zZODoyleRuLeZz New Member

I have a 2.73 KDR, 1.87 W/L and 390 SPM, and I consider myself a decent player slightly on the conservative side(I tend to run loops on the outside of maps rather than the middle, with the exception of a few).

I expect anyone with a 2+ KDR and 400+ SPM to do well in any given game.

8. Kill Confirmed

Both my K/D and SPM are slowly, very slowly in decline.

589 SPM.
    1.87 K/D.

9,594 Kills.
    7,555 Confirms.
    1,380 Denies.
    299 Matches.

That's according to ELITE.

So... I'm not a camper. :)

9. juju131313

juju131313 Member

I generaly play HC TDM or FFA so my SPM is only around 300 or so. My k/d hovers around 1.1-1.2 all the time.

10. Nazgul666

Nazgul666 New Member

Wow. A lot of big numbers here.

I only play domination and I'll take 5 deaths before I capture B sometimes so k/d is pretty ugly!

11. Kill Confirmed

As long as you're having fun man. :dance:

12. Wordup

Wordup Well-Known Member

There are two key things for SPM and K/D that I think need be stated also:

1. What game mode you play
    2. Whether you play by yourself or with clans/parties

Everyone knows that SPM is largely affected by the game mode you play. Also, it is WAYYYYY easier to get good stats when you are playing with other good people (i.e. party), especially when the team is talking on mics relaying information about where the opponent is.

I play pretty much just TDM, and my SPM is around 210 and my K/D is 2.44. Am I good? I don't know, but I know when I run up against someone in TDM with similar stats they are a tough opponent....

13. EgeBerk

EgeBerk Member

1.65 K/D and 397 SPM.

EDIT:Kill Confirmed and zzo,wow those are amazing stats!Congrats!

14. luckybaer

luckybaer Member

SPM might vary from game to game. For Domination, I am at 260, but overall, my score is 270+.

15. DemDaysAreOvaNow

DemDaysAreOvaNow New Member

You raise good points. However if you had 80 SPM and went against people with the same you would also find them to be tough opponents.

16. Wordup

Wordup Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'll add that they are tough and will usually be in the top 3....

17. KillerKING10

KillerKING10 Member

I'm a pussy when it comes to this and I'll admit it. I like to save myself the trouble of screaming at the top of my lungs and occasionally breaking a controller :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ryan420blazzin

Ryan420blazzin New Member

Well my score per minute 591 and kill confirmed hardcore is 619 per minute I'm always running solo on cod b ops 2 if anyone wants to hmu my gt is ryan420blazzin

19. Ryan420blazzin

Ryan420blazzin New Member

Oh to add I also have a 1.8 kd I have mastered prestiged 4 times