Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

SDCC 2019

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just came here to post this. The way FTWD has been going the last couple episodes, TWD news is needed to help us remember why we love this franchise lol. Looking forward to SDCC. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree....I needed these articles!!

After episode 6 of Fear I decided I was done with that series. This weekend was solid proof that I have had my fill. I could not bring myself to waste an hour of my Saturday watching it. And last night I opted to watch Maleficent with my grandson rather than FTWD.

Anyway, yes I am looking forward to the SDCC, the trailer and all the clips that hopefully will seep out on to youtube. And maybe a few days after the panel someone will post the panel in its entirety.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First look/photo of Michonne in action season 10

And there is a fire!!

[​IMG]

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/16/walking-dead-season-10-first-image-danai-gurira-michonne/

If season 10 of The Walking Dead is indeed to be Danai Gurira’s last, as EW and others have reported, it looks like her character of Michonne is ready to go out in a blaze of glory.

We’ve got the exclusive first image from season 10, and it shows the warrior mowing down zombies while a fire rages in the background. Obviously it looks super badass, but what is the significance of the image? For that, we went to showrunner Angela Kang for answers.

“One of the things that we have going on this season is, we’re continuing some explorations of natural elements and how they play into our world,” says Kang. “And fire is one of those elements that comes into play in a few key ways that twist the story in a way that will be pretty exciting.”

As Kang notes, fire is dangerous enough in our world. But in a landscape with such limited resources, it’s another matter altogether. “Fire is terrifying now,” says Kang. “But we sort of take for granted that we have people that can deal with it. It obviously has very different implications for our people in an apocalyptic world.”

What else can the showrunner — who has already told EW about the themes that will be covered in season 10 as well as a new comic character that will be making his debut — tease about what we see in this photo? “I don’t want to give too much away about this particular story because hopefully there’s some unexpected aspects to it,” says Kang. “But we will definitely see our people trying to contend with things that they can’t handle in the same ways that we do in our world now.”

@Neuropyramidal @Sharpie61 @GregsGirl @Laurieellen @92Pony @Sebrebc @VenomGA @BatmansHooker @Gaycandybacon @tink @Terminator @NakedCity @KiernansFaerie @Tigger @PepperAnn @purriwinkle @Lindigo @Daryl Rocks @mistertrouble189 @GrungeMan @WillyJakkz

oh and @Jen7 or is it????
    [​IMG]

#44 Dnae, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Michael Cudlitz has teased that he will be doing a "thing" at SDCC

[​IMG]
    Michael Cudlitz

✔@Cudlitz Gonna be doin’ a thing
    @Comic_Con ...... stay tuned for details. #TWD [​IMG][​IMG]

10:36 AM - Jul 11, 2019

All I ask is that please PLEASE do not make an appearance on FTWD!!! Bad enough that Morgan and Dwight have been tainted but not Abraham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://fanfest.com/2019/07/12/the-...udlitz-teases-san-diego-comic-con-appearance/

Something big is coming to The Walking Dead San Diego Comic-Con panel, and series alum Michael Cudlitz may be a part of it.

On Wednesday, Cudlitz teased a possible appearance at the upcoming pop-culture event via a cryptic tweet. The tweet reads, “Gonna be doin’ a thing @Comic-Con …… stay tuned for details #TWD.” He ended his teasing tweet with his signature fist bump emojis. Cudlitz hasn’t shared any additional details just yet, however, fans are already beginning to theorize as to what this might mean.

Cudlitz had already returned to The Walking Dead world just last month. He climbed back into the director’s chair for a second time on the series, this time working on episode 10.04 for the upcoming season. He wrapped on filming for the episode in early June.

Many fans are speculating that his teaser tweet may have to do with something more than just his previously announced director’s gig. The Walking Dead universe is rapidly expanding, bringing with it ample opportunity for spinoffs, crossovers, and cameos. Many feel that perhaps the teaser tweet may be leading up to an announcement that Cudlitz could be reprising his role as fan-favorite character Abraham Ford in some capacity. Several characters from The Walking Dead have already appeared on the series’ sister show Fear the Walking Dead, so that could be one possibility. Additionally, there is a third spinoff series in the works, as well as a set of films focusing on the recently departed Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln).

The possibilities are endless, but one thing’s for sure, The Walking Dead‘s San Diego Comic-Con panel is going to one that fans won’t want to miss! The Walking Dead SDCC panel will take place on Friday, July 19th, at 1 PM PST, immediately following the Fear the Walking Dead panel at noon PST.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@DragonRacer this article is for you my dear!!

The Walking Dead showrunner hints that Negan will be freed in season 10
    Is Michonne about to do what once seemed unthinkable on The Walking Dead? Negan, the former leader of the Saviors who introduced himself to the Alexandrians by bashing two of their heads in with a baseball bat, was the ultimate villain. Rick Grimes promised the big bad he would kill him, but then changed his mind at the pleading of his dying son. Instead, he put Negan in a cell so his former tormentor could see the new world they were building without him.

Then, after Rick’s disappearance, Michonne kept Negan in the cell for years to continue carrying out his sentence. But is that all about to change? At the end of season 9, Negan saved Rick’s daughter, Judith, as well as Daryl’s dog in a snowstorm. So will that act of selfless bravery earn Negan his freedom in season 10? Showrunner Angela Kang seems to hint to EW that it will.
    [​IMG]
    “We had a whole year with him in his cell,” Kang says, “so I think after his heroic rescue of Judith, people might’ve noticed that when he was in that bed in the infirmary, he was not tied up or cuffed. So we’re dealing with the next stage of what things are for Negan. I think for people who have been wanting us to release the Negan, there will be some satisfaction there.”

Of course, that doesn’t mean that Negan has done a complete do-gooder 180. While he may be on a different path than his dictatorship days, there are still flashes of that rude and crude charm. “Negan’s story is one of my personal favorites in this season,” notes Kang. “Things get complicated, because it’s Negan. Some of the stuff [Jeffrey Dean Morgan] is doing is so compelling, because here’s this guy who has been on a path of trying to redeem himself in some way, but he’s still Negan. He’s not the hero. He’s, at best, an antihero, but there’s definitely darkness and an edge to him.”

Kang also teases that Negan could indeed play a big role in the current war with the Whisperers, as he did in the comic (no spoilers here): “When that is in the mix with a story having to do with this new set of enemies, and when he himself still is an outsider in the community, just a lot of explosive things are at play.”

Let the explosions begin.

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/17/walking-dead-season-10-negan-jeffrey-dean-morgan/

OH AND THREE DAYS UNTIL THE SEASON 10 TRAILER!!!!!

#46 Dnae, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Judith seems to have found her Halloween mask!!

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Will Eugene being featured in an article about season 10 give the elusive @Jen7 reason to post a gleeful response???

[​IMG]

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/18/walking-dead-season-10-commonwealth-eugene-josh-mcdermitt/

The last thing we saw (and heard) on season 9 of The Walking Dead was a mystery voice coming through on the Hilltop’s radio asking “Hello, is anybody out there?” But who was it and what did it mean?

When we spoke with showrunner Angela Kang after the season 9 finale, she hinted we would be learning more about that voice in season 10, and to now prove it, we’ve got an exclusive photo of the radio in action from the upcoming season. (This is the second photo from season 10 to be released, following our exclusive reveal of the fiery first one with Michonne.)

“This will definitely be a part of the season,” says Kang now of the radio and the voice on the other end of it. “It’s part of the fun mystery of the season, and it will come into play in hopefully interesting ways that turn the story. I can’t tip too much about, but I think there’s some fun to be had there.”

It appears by the photo that Eugene — like in the comics — will once again prove to be a key part in the proceedings. “Eugene will definitely be playing a role in the story.” Kang says. “He’s certainly the one that has been helping set up these ham radios throughout all the communities. There are ways in which he is very involved. He’s tech support in the apocalypse. He makes some interesting discoveries and there is a hopefully very cool, satisfying story there.”

The Commonwealth has actually already been referenced a few times on the TV version thanks to some visual Easter eggs. A sign at the season 9 camp where people were working on the ill-fated bridge had wooden arrows pointing to HQ, Oceanside, Alexandria, Sanctuary, and Toledo — with the later seemingly being a reference to the television show M*A*S*H as well as a winking nod to the Ohio-based location of the Commonwealth. There was another playful season 9 reference in a sign attached to a windmill that read “Commonwealth Windmill & Pump service.”

But the picture above is the clearest indication yet that we could be moving into the next phase of the comic book story, and that Eugene will once again be at the center of it.

Personal thought: Kang mentioning the word "fun" better not be a hint that TWD will be victim of the same ridiculous crap that is happening on Fear!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The elevator doors at SDCC have been TWD-ized.

Alpha has her own door. Negan and Judith share a door. Sadly I have yet to find any standalone photos of these two.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL.......Entering a hotel room filled with photos of Andy isn't a bad thing IMO

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You sure know how to beckon me! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I had to pull out the big guns on ya!!!

BTW.....you are missed 'round these parts

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

According to an article on comicbook.com the photos were left by hotel staff and they also played the same prank and "decorated" Norman's room with photos of Andy.

#57 Dnae, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is mentioned elsewhere, but I read on twitter that the season 10 trailer will drop tomorrow at 5pm.

The truth is out there

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Are they not showing the trailer during the panel? Odd if that is the case

I will be "sitting" on youtube come 3 p.m. (CST) Friday July 19 hitting refresh LOL

The panel is scheduled for 1 p.m. PST (3 p.m. CST and 4pm EST)

***UPDATE***

As of 8:00 a.m. CST the time countdown on the AMC youtube premier reminder showed 7 hours until premier of trailer.
    [​IMG]

That puts the trailer premiering at the following times based on time zone (allow some minutes for the introduction of executives and possibly a bit of yammering from them - then trailer - the cast takes the stage)

1:00 p.m PST
    2:00 p.m. MT
    3:00 p.m. CST
    4:00 p.m. EST

#59 Dnae, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

On Thursday this was the line for Hall H The Walking Dead panel on Friday!
    [​IMG]