Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Seriously, Maggie?

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by Xenavar, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Maggie had no choice but to tell the Governor about the prison.

Maggie and Glenn had toughed out the beatings, the lies, the humiliation, and the threats. The Governor's patience had run its limits. He definitely would've killed Glenn if Maggie hadn't of talked.

It seems like Glenn's desire for revenge made Maggie relive the humiliating experience. Plus Glenn kept telling the group that the Governor "did something" to Maggie. I'll bet Maggie didn't want them, especially Hershel, to know that she was under the threat of rape.

#21 Rapscallion, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  2. Komodia

Komodia Member

Yeah, thats what I think and she has been humiliated enough already and he keeps kind of tossing her through more humiliation, especially with having to go through details. I think that is why she was sarcastic with the "do you feel better?" or whatever it was she said to him before she got pissed because it was still a very humiliating and bad situation and he just kept pressing about it.

3. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

How could he even know when she never told him what happened? Glenn was only trying to be supportive because he loves her and she shut him out!

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Before their escape attempt, Glenn asked Maggie what happened with the Governor. Maggie said that nothing happened, but Glenn never believed her.

Glenn wasn't being supportive; he never believed her, and his actions forced Maggie to relive the humilating experience. I was surprised when Maggie pushed Glenn away, and shouted at him, but Glenn deserved that.

#24 Rapscallion, Feb 18, 2013
  5. HockeyMomChris

They were both wrong then and should go to their rooms until they can work it out! *snicker*:zombies_lol:

6. tumblezz

tumblezz New Member

I don't think she wants to be touched by any man presently in the season...I think it's sort of a PTSD thing. Saying that, I do think she could have talked about it...and not resorted immediately to hitting...though i'm sure she wasn't thinking clearly.

But I would have to agree that they are being jerks about things.

7. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I think Maggie feels Glenn is making it all about his feelings and his pain. She is the one that experienced it and although it was not a physical rape it was definately a mental one. The Govenor made it known that he could easily do anything to her that he wanted to. Glenn needs to realize how tradgically this has affected Maggie and in turn Maggie needs to understand that Glenn is also emotionally hurt, he just doesn't know how to express himself. I get the impression from his reactions to Maggie's advances during season two that Glenn probably has never even had a serious girlfriend before.

8. RicksRightHand

The naivety of some posters on these forums of late has been astounding.

Maggie went through a traumatising experience and Glen is now victimising her. No one likes being a victim.

9. Sean Taber

Sean Taber New Member

I think she is just taking her anger out because she needs to drop the emotional burden. Not many therapists running around in the zombie apocalypse.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

[​IMG]

11. Machete

Machete Active Member

Maggie and Glenn will work this out. Right now Glenn is letting his inexeperience with women show through. What Maggie wants is Glenn to shut up and comfort her, what he is doing is acting like HE was violated. He just doesn't get it.

12. Tomarky

Tomarky Member

this totally

13. Lauri

Lauri Member

He should have waited until she was ready to talk about it, instead of forcing her when she was still very shaken about the experience.

He didn't have to actually rape her for her to sexually abused. He touched her and and made her strip against her will. Combine that with the stress of the ZA. Yes, Glenn was tortured as well, but he's just as upset as Maggie. He wants to kill the governor and he already blew up. They have different ways of taking out their emotions. I don't know why you all think it's okay for Glenn to be upset but not Maggie.

#33 Lauri, Feb 18, 2013
  14. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think Maggie's reaction was actually pretty realistic. She was violated whether she was physically penetrated or not and Glenn made it all about him. Obviously these are extraordinary circumstances and she has no counselor to work out her issues so I don't think it would have been too much of Glenn to give her a little space while she works through them. Glen on the other hand isn't being a douche either. He feels helpless because he believes he's failed his woman. It's because they love each other so much that this ordeal is so painful. There will be anger, a sense of betrayal, a feeling helplessness and all those emotions that happen after such a traumatic experience but in the end they will continue loving each other.

15. HockeyMomChris

I never thought it wasn't okay for the both of them to be upset. Frankly, I wish they would hash out and move on, it messes with the dynamic of the show. Seriously.

16. Lauri

Lauri Member

I wasn't aiming that comment at you, sorry.
    I do agree, but Glenn and Maggie are a well supported couple by the fans, so there's bound to be drama.

17. HockeyMomChris

As long as it doesn't turn into a long drawn out soap opera like the Shane/Lori BS. This show wouldn't be able to handle another scenario like that and be able to survive. Lots of people would be changing the channel.

18. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

Last night, as I was watching the episode...and "Maggie" blew up at Glenn...my fiance's youngest son turned to me and said something like 'What's her beef? Why she so mad at Glenn? He's the one who got beat up!"

I quickly turned to him and said "You just don't get it...do you?"

Imagine if you're Maggie...you were just humiliated by the Gov in what could be called "Rape", though there wasn't any penetration...you've heard the noises coming from the other room, where you know damn well your boyfriend is getting the sh** beat out of him...and then you were used as a 'bait" by the Governor to let him know where your 'friends' are!

After all that...the only thing Glenn is worried about is whether you were raped or not...and even though Maggie has already said she's fine, he's (Glenn) consistently 'grilling her' about the subject, without even thinking about what MAGGIE went through!

What's often overlooked in these types of situations isn't so much the physical aspect of what Maggie went through...it's the total disregard by the other person...and their own assumptions...that what THEY WENT THROUGH is far worse than what someone else went through!

Assuming Glenn's emotions weren't seriously affected, he will heal from his beat-down...whereas what Maggie went through, much like those of women in REAL WORLD SITUATIONS....could affect her long-term stability in a way that will drastically affect her relationship with Glenn..or any man...for that matter!

However, I think this little "tuffle" between our young lovers will be used to allow them to grow in areas where they lack real world experiences....Yes, Glenn's probably not had a lot of girl-friends in the past, but he's seen what 'society' has evolved into since the outbreak....whereas Maggie is the total opposite...especially when I think how think living on the farm w/Hershel could have led to her being a little too naive about how people now act and/or the things they could resort to in order to get what they want in order to stay alive!

19. Suds

Suds Member

This storyline just urks me. It's the zombie apocalypse combined with survival hungry humans. Maggie and Glen should only be thankful in their reunion and escape from the Govenor but this ancient male perspective that if your woman is penetrated by another man, even against her will, she's somehow tainted. Raped or not, he has her with him. They should do nothing but rejoice and continue their fight to survive together.

20. Lauri

Lauri Member

It's not that easy to get over something like this.