Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane cutting his hand...

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Jakobi, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Syphon

Syphon Member

I don't know if you could say Morgan's wife is a confirmed bite-turn.

As someone said in another thread, it's equally likely the person attains a viral disease from the bite of a zombie because of the fact that the zombie is a walking corpse and likely to have a lot of bacteria and germs and crap. Just because they get sick from the bite does not mean that very sickness is what causes you to awaken after death, dwarf.

2. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I was on the very same theory, but I'm more on the fence now.
    Again with the Jenner guy. He shows us the video of TS-19 who was bitten, it clearly shows the infection spreading to her brain just before she dies and subsequently ressurects, she was deemed clean and clear of any infection prior to her bite as far as I understood.

3. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I think you are all looking way too deeply into it.

These people have blown off zombie heads a point blank range and even have had blood all over their faces and nothing happens

obviously it is only saliva and now possible getting scratched too....I think its pretty safe to say that actual zombie blood doesn't do a damn thing

Also, I seriuosly doubt they will infect shane. A guy that important to the show has to go out in a blaze of glory, or also how it happened in the comic

4. Syphon

Syphon Member

That's a fair point. I'll have to watch TS-19, again...

5. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Jenner's wife's death video shows the virus invading and resurrecting the brain upon death. I don't think it follows that the "resurrection virus" is what caused the death. The infection from the bite, blood loss, or any number of factors can cause the death. And if following the comic, they are two seperate things. The bottom line here is 'when did the virus get into the body?'. Prior to, or after the fatal wound? I have to agree with mtamborra. These people have been running around getting splattered with zombie blood from one end to the other. Open wounds, mouths and eyes galore. If this is a virus like in '28 Days Later' where Frank is infected from a drop of blood to his eye, they would realistically all be dead at this point. But...as they made a special point of showcasing the two dead officers without sign of bite, I think it's pretty obvious there is something else going on here.

6. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Nope watch the episode again, it shows the virus (and is also narrated by Jenner during the showing) invading the brain, shutting it and other vital organs down, then it ressurects her 2hrs +change after the death it caused.

7. akurei00

akurei00 Member

If the zombie blood isn't going to turn you the scratches wont. So I could go with either the virus is transmitted through saliva, already present in everyone (the cause of which is unknown), or both. But if they ever tell me that people are going to die and turn into zombies from getting a scratch on their arm then I'm done with the show. Shane smearing blood from zombie brains into a gaping hand wound wont turn him but that one that's fingernail scratched the back of his hand kills him? Yeah... no.

8. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Good theory. Not sure they want to take Shane out that easy from a writers perspective though. They could do something incredibly dramatic with the death of Shane. Getting him infected or turning him into a walker would almost be too easy. I think Shane will eventually get in some sort of altercation that leads to his death. Not sure who with but it needs to be epic and meaningful.

9. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Yes. I know what Jenner said. But really he didn't have a clue. The cause of death could have been the bite, and the resurrection virus caused the brain to restart. Keep in mind, I am partly contaminated by the comics.

10. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

He had enough clues to render a 3d image that is accurate down to the cellular level apparently.
    I really doubt they bothered making that video as an artsy representation of their research, seems like a waste of time and energy when they could just aswell have made a powerpoint.

EDIT: On the other hand, they did bother to make a talking computer that did little else than parrot back the last voice command in a monotone womans voice.

#30 Crazydwarf, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  11. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

You're right. I need to watch it again. Time to get out the dvd.

12. Ewan

Ewan Member

Really doubt he's infected. But we'll see.