Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shane Replaced By Daryl Before His Death?

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by Walkers Ate Me, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Merle respected the Governor but his body language showed he didn't agree with the Governor's actions. The tragedy of Merle was he had the instinct to be good, but not the courage.

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

You guys make some good points. That's what I like to hear.

In the end, both Shane and Rick made some terrible decisions. Rick's just turned out alright in the end because the writers make him to be the hero. :)

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. Rick turned out alright because he didn't bang his best friend's wife then try to kill him. ;)

im im not saying Rick is without flaws. In fact, farmer Rick was flat-out pissing me off for a while there. But overall I like him. He has his flaws, yes. But the best heroes always do.

4. DietWater

I love Rick too, don't get me wrong. I love most characters on the show.

The only reason Shane is my favorite, besides being unbelievably sexy, is because I always felt like he was the most realistic character, and I loved his arc, even though I usually don't like soapy love traingles.

I mean, realistically speaking, 99 out of 100 people would want to go to Fort Benning for military protection, instead of the CDC where they would probably assume that the doctors abandoned their posts.

I just feel like he portrays what most people would act or be like in a real ZA. That's why he's my favorite.

5. HondaS2kXD

I know, I know. Just messin'.

I wouldn't want to go to fort Benning. Even if I didn't know it wasn't overrun. Just seems like there would be too many people in one place. That could get out of hand. Plus I don't think they'd let me bring my guns. ;)

6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Darn, beat me to it! :p Yeah, Shane was a damn good fighter, but as a tactician he was very poor (as evidenced by bringing a gun to knife fight and loosing.) His only plans laid out were "Wait for help to come." (Which without the guns would have gotten the camp overrun when the herd moved through.) and after being convinced to leave suggested a long trek to Ft. Benning (Which Mitch and his brother stated was overrun pretty early.) None of his plans would have panned out in the long run, and many people along the way may have been sacrificed (A-la Otis) to save Carl or Lori. He would have been a fierce protector of the Grimes family, so I do not think he was just out for himself, but the rest of the group were nothing to him.

7. Online-Don

Online-Don Well-Known Member

Perfectly put. I remember one time I tried to defend Shane's decision to go to Fort Benning and people called me stupid because we knew it was overrun. But at the time we had no idea and in that moment at the start Fort Benning was the right idea. The group really got lucky with the CDC.

8. DietWater

Lol I know. It's like really people, how do the characters know that?!?!

9. HondaS2kXD

Yeah. Agreed. Basically, Shane's problem is, if he played the telltale walking dead game, he would have chosen "put the gun down bitch." and definitely dropped Ben. Lol. Valid choices, yes. Just not the ones I'd advocate.

10. Online-Don

YUP. Basically all of Shane's decisions were the right ones imo. The only things he ever did that I didn't agree with was trying to rape Lori, obviously, and trying to kill Rick. But really on the latter after Lori gave him that speech in 212 can you blame him? Lol. Fort Benning, stopping the search for Sophia, opening the barn, killing Randall... All the right ideas.

11. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I wonder if Derle and Merle could of really took the camp by themselves.

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Not that he knew, but hindsight as a viewer tells us it would have been the end of the group. Like I say, Shane was awesome, just a bit too emotionally invested to be looking out for the long-term survival of the group. I still would have loved to see him and Rick patch up and move on together. He would have been an invaluable resource against the Governor and even the Termites. Sometimes, you need a Devil's Advocate to alert you to all the what-ifs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Without Rick? Hell yeah. The only threat would have been Shane at that point.

14. Online-Don

Course they could have, while everyone was asleep mayn :p

15. Gaycandybacon

They'd be dumbasses not to keep Lori on watch mate. :zombies_cool:

16. Gaycandybacon

The Morales could of stopped anythang. They would throw tacos from their taco stand at them, unstoppable force.

17. Online-Don

Lori? Fookin Lori?! Mate.

I'm thinking Merle might have gone out with that group to ditch them in the building, think about it Merle wouldn't volunteer to go on a run lol.

18. Gaycandybacon

No wonder he was so mad he got locked up by Officer Friendly.

19. Online-Don

Yeah completely ruined his plans. Rick is/was the ultimate scumbag to Merle... Locks him up on a rooftop then just straight up steals his brother looool

20. DietWater

Lori on watch = death sentence for anyone but Carl.

Carl is so happy his mom isn't annoying him that he actually stays put for once.