Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shooting Fish in a Barrel

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by PepperAnn, Nov 17, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Actually, assuming it was sighted in, "sniper rifles," as you call them are the easiest guns to shoot.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

For sure.

Also this looked like a standard bolt action hunting rifle and I would bet it had standard iron sights on it too.
    At that range using just the standard sights it is still easy to hit a walker head every single time if you have shot rifles before.

Unless the gun has a bent sight mount or Michonne had been drinking the hootch they make in Alexandria that morning or both she would have taken that Walker down by the 3rd shot easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HondaS2kXD

This is the part I disagree with. I'm an above-average shot with rifles and one of the better shots with handguns in my circle of friends. But I can't imagine being able to score consistent hits on a target that's really only about 6 inches wide and is swaying from side to side in a hard to predict way.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I actually can not accept it sometimes too but I shoot fairly often at a place with moving targets and with an AR or 9mm Carbine with mostly using iron sights I am pretty deadly once I get going there.
    This is the only real reason I keep going back!
    I am not sure that the distances are really comparable but I do know that I am actually throwing lead downrange,I see the holes when I am done!

On stationary targets it will take me a few shots to get the ranging down and how high I need to shoot to compensate but once I get a feel for the range and weapon and loads I am shooting it is like shooting fish in a Barrel at least if dinging the metal target is any indication and that is what they are there for!

Anyway I just wish they would pick a believable vision of how this will work and stick with it.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What surprised me was that she was shooting offhand at all, and I don't think she even had a sling. In all their years in the wilderness, you'd think someone would have taught her something. I have various family members who were in the Service, and while I don't go hunting, I have shot a fair bit, and can tell you that the stability of shooting position is best prone (lying down) then sitting, then kneeling, then lastly standing, and if possible, one should ALWAYS use a sling. Didn't Rick, Shane, Abe or Rosita teach these people anything?

So Michonne wants to shoot Negan. She's going to stand and offhand shoot at him with a rifle? Why not just walk up and use the Katana? She's good with it. If she wants to use a rifle, she should stake out a spot, learn the range to where Negan will be at some point, take a few practice shots when he's not there, and then shoot from a prone position with a sling. Then she could probably hit him from several hundred yards even without a ton of training. The way she's doing it? Not so much.

6. Morgotha

She doesn't have to hit Negan in the head. He's alive, and doesn't appear to be wearing a bullet proof vest. Shoot for the center of mass, it'll probably work just as well. And if he falls down, he'll be stationary for your second shot.

7. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Chiron

Chiron Member

I don't know anything about guns but I fence sabre sometimes and Michonne is just amazing with that katana. Well she IS amazing, period. I thought she was just brushing up on having an alternate weapon as the katana is so visible and lethal and it may be a matter of time before Negan takes it. I was surprised she was such a bad shot but I took it as her being a bit traumatised from watching her friends die. Not sure why she went back to the spot though. And she had a bag.

9. Chiron

Chiron Member

Ole.
    Can we change that to " And if he falls down, he'll be stationary for Lucille"

10. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yes, she was stepping up because their "sniper" Sacha is away indefinitely.

11. HondaS2kXD

Agreed. But if you look very closely (at all) you'll notice the word Negan doesn't appear in my post, or the one I quoted, or in fact the one that one quoted. We're talking about the constant easy walker massacres.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not a gun expert here, but I think if someone is familiar with a certain gun, then they could hit a target every time. Specially if the sights are accurate.
    I loved shooting the Ruger 22. I hit a Pepsi can 5 out of 5 times. The last 2 shots, the can was in mid air. It was an awesome feeling knowing that I was a better shot with it, then my ex.
    So it is possible Michonne wasn't good with that particular gun. And why she missed her shots.

#32 Sharpie61, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  13. Morgotha

I know you didn't say "Negan". There's really no point to using a sniper rifle to take out walkers though, as a general rule. If they are that far away, you can avoid them by walking away, and shouldn't waste the bullets. Not to mention actually SHOOTING the rifle will bring every walker around to your position which would kind of defeat the purpose of using it in the first place.

If you were Michonne, and assuming you don't live on an ammo farm, would YOU be training yourself to snipe walkers with your real intent being... sniping walkers?

14. HondaS2kXD

Being familiar with a gun does definitely help. Moreso with handguns than rifles, but it does also apply to rifles. That being said I'm just saying that I don't buy the people in the show hitting walkers nearly as consistently as they do-- I'd think it would be an unpredictable and relatively small target.

Reading comprehension.

I am fully aware that Michonne was likely practicing her shooting to attempt to assassinate Negan. I'm not arguing that point. What I'm saying is: a separate point which somewhat annoys me is the apparent ease with which they consistently hit a walker's brain.

yes, assassinating Negan wouldn't require a headshot.

15. Morgotha

Nope, more like you're being a jerk for no reason. The post of yours I was responding to was:

"Agreed. But if you look very closely (at all) you'll notice the word Negan doesn't appear in my post, or the one I quoted, or in fact the one that one quoted. We're talking about the constant easy walker massacres."

You seem to be quite clearly saying that I was off-base for saying Michonne's shooting practice had nothing at all to do with Negan. Now you're apparently agreeing with me that that's why she was practicing but were annoyed with something else?

16. HondaS2kXD

Pointing out that you're responding to a post with information that isn't relevant to the current conversation is being a jerk?

I KNOW that that's why she was shooting at the walker. Point out where in any of my posts I said anything different. What I'm talking about is a mild tangent that part of the reason it might be explainable and excusable for her to miss is that a walker's brain is a much more difficult target than the show usually seems to portray. That's it. And then you show up and somehow felt the need to point out that she wasn't just practicing killing walkers but was practicing shooting the rifle for a potential assasination attempt on Negan-- as if anybody without a decimal in front of their IQ score couldn't tell that.

#36 HondaS2kXD, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  17. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Morgotha

You know, my experience in life has been that people who constantly have to say how much smarter they are than someone... generally aren't. Just sayin'

20. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

I think it's symbolizing that she's been strongly affected by all of the recent events that have happened, so much so that it's interfering with her skills.

• Like Like x 1